• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wound up with fake Pokémon cards plenty of times before. One of them would be when I went to a dollar store with my mom about eight to nine years ago, and they had loads of decks displayed at the counter. They all looked good, so I couldn't resist, I just had to buy a couple. Didn't exactly know the difference between real or fake cards back then, so I thought they were all former, and I mixed them up with actual real ones.

They're still in my basement somewhere, if I remember correctly, but I have to dig deep to actually find them.

As for Greninja being able to use Teleport, I believe that could work! This Pokémon's a ninja, and some type of ninjas are portrayed to have ability allowing them to move from place to place instantly without being seen. Shadow Triad seems to be based off them. If Greninja's designed after them, too, then it would sort of make sense, if you ask me.

Years
  • Greninja + Teleport would be a pretty cool combo to have XD Could also maybe see it with Stealth Rock--it'd give it access to all three hazards and the name does seem sort of fitting, haha. Was trying to think of other moves it could have that are ninja-like, but after looking at its movepool again it seems to have a good portion of the ones I thought of~

re: fake cards, I don't think I have any; I never bought packs from dollar stores (which, on a related note, is where I got a bunch of fake Yu-Gi-Oh! cards) nor did I ever receive any fake ones. Though, even if I did fake cards, I'd probably still keep them since they're always fun to have around.

Years
  • This is a cool argument, but i'm surprised Greninja doesn't have Agility, which is a move that ninjas would likely exhibit. Froakie and Frogadier can learn Bounce though, but not Greninja, which I find a bit weird.

Years
  • Wow, I never noticed that before o_o That is pretty strange that Greninja can't learn Agility, especially given how its best stat is in Speed. (Then again, maybe that's why it didn't get it XD) It also can't learn Fling while its pre-evos. can. Fling would've also made sense for it since ninjas are often portrayed as using throwable items, such as shuriken (granted, it does get Water Shuriken), kunai, smoke bombs, and so forth.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Well it is the Dairy chit-chat, after all!

If Phantom Force were a more common move that wasn't restricted to legendaries, I'd like to see it used by Pokemon like Greninja. Teleport on the other hand I don't agree with, seeing as it can teleport the trainer and any other Pokemon too, and I just can't see Greninja being able to do that.

Since when ''Phantom Force'' got Restricted to only legendary !
    Dude , you mix ''Shadow Force'' with ''Phantom Force''.

--http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Phantom_Force_(move)

Years
  • Since when ''Phantom Force'' got Restricted to only legendary !
    Dude , you mix ''Shadow Force'' with ''Phantom Force''.

--http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Phantom_Force_(move)
    Ah, thanks for catching that for me. I haven't really gotten that far into the 6th gen games, so I didn't realize they added a variation of the move. Since that's the case, I'd have no problem with Greninja being able to use it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I really think Greninja should know Teleport ! Its a ninja after all .
    Magmer and Electrobuzz also Learn Teleport despite having connection to Teleporting.
    I also wish there was a Dark Type attack called ''Night Saver'' Where The User gather Dark Power to form a sword .

Years
  • Not getting Fling for a STAB attack is unusual, yeah, but its signature move, Water Shuriken, is meant to resemble ninjas that throw stars, so I guess that's what goes off ninja assaults for it. Too bad that move doesn't have very high power, and its Speed is more than enough to not need the going first (except against paralysis and Choice Scarf foes).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ninjas aren't associated with swords though, are they? Rather poison :) I guess Greninja's lookalike, that fighting/poison 4th gen toad, takes care of that part though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Nope, I don't think they are; those are probably samurai. Speaking of which, it would've been cool if there were some Pokémon based off them! I suppose there's Samurott (spelling?), but it doesn't exactly resemble any human, per se, so, to me, it doesn't exactly count.

I really think Greninja should know Teleport ! Its a ninja after all .
    Magmer and Electrobuzz also Learn Teleport despite having connection to Teleporting.
    I also wish there was a Dark Type attack called ''Night Saver'' Where The User gather Dark Power to form a sword .

That sounds nice! I suppose it would be a physical move, wouldn't it? What effect would it be having?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Ninjas aren't associated with swords though, are they? Rather poison :) I guess Greninja's lookalike, that fighting/poison 4th gen toad, takes care of that part though.
    Actually, ninjas do use swords. Look at Snake Eyes and Shadow Storm from G.I. Joe and Ryu from Ninja Gaiden as examples. Let's not forget Greninja creating swords out of water in Smash.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Question : Why doesn't Pokemon game ever has a 2D Animated Opening ???
    Like this Game Opening-

Ninjas aren't associated with swords though, are they? Rather poison :) I guess Greninja's lookalike, that fighting/poison 4th gen toad, takes care of that part though.

Off course , They use sword ! However their sword/Katana is smaller then a Katana used by a Samurai.
    Also Real Ninja's mainly use Gun power for tricks which made people believe that Ninja has magic power.
    I saw it on a Japanese Documentary.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Good question, but I'm not sure. Well, I suppose main-series games are handheld, so when people see animated opening and whatnot, their expectation would be raised sort of high? If they were for home-console, though, then I suppose it wouldn't have been much of an issue, as they could always have their graphics and whatnot resemble their opening.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Good question, but I'm not sure. Well, I suppose main-series games are handheld, so when people see animated opening and whatnot, their expectation would be raised sort of high? If they were for home-console, though, then I suppose it wouldn't have been much of an issue, as they could always have their graphics and whatnot resemble their opening.

But Yo-kai Watch is a 3DS game like Pokemon !
    So ''Handheld'' should not the be reason for no Animated opening.
    Man , I wish I could see an 2D Animated opening in the Pokemon game with a catchy song.
    I mean , Doesn't ''Yo-kai Watch'' game opening make you wanna Dance ???

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Maybe because Pokémon nowadays is a word-wide phenomena and needs to appeal to a less specific audience than a Japanese anime-loving one.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Maybe because Pokémon nowadays is a word-wide phenomena and needs to appeal to a less specific audience than a Japanese anime-loving one.

o3o hur hur hur, looks like somebody made a point.

The openings have varied wildly to me. I thought Sapphire and Ruby's was questionable. Platinum's was awesome. Black and white featured those two girls who showed up, like, once?

Lots of thoughts here...

Years
  • One of the reasons I don't think we'd see an opening animation like that to a Pokemon game is because it would be a waste of resources. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a neat idea, but using Black/White as an example- it had a cool intro to it, and while I really liked it, I don't think I watched it more than once or twice.

If they had to do an intro like that though, I wouldn't mind them taking clips from another animated trailer like Black 2/White 2 had, since they wouldn't be going out of their way to create something new that people will probably just skip over.

Years
  • Speaking as a lover of JRPGs who enjoys animated openings, I feel animated openings do not fit the Pokemon games at all. Personally, I think the way they currently do the intros. for the games is pretty neat and well done; why fix something that isn't broken? Additionally, how often do people watch the full openings? Once, twice, maybe three times. I doubt there are many who would watch it every single time, so what's the point in making an animated opening that will be skipped each time?

That being said, I could see them taking clips from promos like Brendino stated, but other than that I really can't see animated openings for the games.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If the music was really good, I could probably watch it several more times :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back