• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Nice, nice, it didn't took long. Just a little change of memory and fixed! Well, back again, I'll see if there's something to say about your posts...

However, does the hack go all the way back to the Kanto region? Because that lake going to Kanto is cut-off. Other than that, thank you very much for making Shiny Gold! It's the greatest!

Yes, it is cut off right now, but obviously, since this is a Gold Remake, will be finished (we'll see if for the next Beta). But, yes, you'll be able to go to Kanto. And, see if there's any other question you may have that's already answered in my FAQs section in my first post.

Sooo...
about my problem with the wonky girl sprite? is that just a rom problem or is it in the actuall hack?

And, I think this one is in my Glitches section...

you know what would be cool zel? since (supposedly) nintendo workers like your hack, and pass the news about your hack at their buildings, someone would like it alot and try to get it available to download full credit to you on the wii!!!!

Ahh... I'm not taking that one seriously, man, you shouldn't either. We're all just having a little fun about what Nintendo should have done. That's all!

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
oh i see it now... lol
i start again with the guy... thanks

EDIT: okay, this aint really a "glitch" but ill post it anyway..
i went to Mr. Pokemons house, and he healed my pokemon...
got the message from Elm, and started to walk towards New Bark Town
i fainted in the grass outside Mr Pokemons house...
i returned to my mum, a
went outside, my rival was outside the lab, i went inside the lab and the police was there
i told him his name, and yet i didnt battle him..
i walked to the next town, then my rival ran up behind me and battled me thennn

should that happen?

Last edited:
Years
you know what would be cool zel? since (supposedly) nintendo workers like your hack, and pass the news about your hack at their buildings, someone would like it alot and try to get it available to download full credit to you on the wii!!!!
That will happen when a monkey wins an Oscar.
Also Dragon Ryder that is a glitch.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I don't think it's a glitch - Dragon Ryder mustn't of gone to the previous pokemon centre, and hence was sent home when he or she fainted. That's it.

I wonder what happens in GSC if that occurs?

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2006
What emulator do we need? I mean I want to play! Where and how do I start playing?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Ah yupp....
anyways, i found another "glitch!"
in dark cave near violet city, in one of the corners of you look down, theres an arrow there...

Balladofwindfishes

A Spriter by Trade
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2007
stealing is generally frowned upon. As one of the main Admins at Platinum (Where 95% of "your" stuff came from) I am appalled that you would even THINK you wouldn't get caught.
Yes I'm talking about this user... (Not the author of the thread)

I love how you say YOUR work, how you say "Free to use" Your not you know. That's property of out fangame Platinum. We made them from scratch, ripped them by hand, or revamped them to our liking. You have stolen from not ONLY Platinum, you have stolen from Serebii, where we have special permission to use some stuf found there aswell.

As staff and moderator of platinum
Platinum Forums
I would ask that you stop posting things you claim you made. I'd also appreciate it if the administration of this fine forum would do somthing aswell.

Heres several proofs of my claim, and you can search our forum aswell...
Our Items
Our Trainers
Our Overworlds

Thank you, and have a nice day,
Balladofwindfishes, one admin from Platinum

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I dunno if dis haz been alredy asked, but are you gonna make the regional DEX into the Joto one, or the Hoenn one, or are you gonna altogether Remove a Regional Dex and just make a National Dex?

oh, also, DIS HACK IS AWSOME!!!!! You are the first who is actually spending time and efort into a gold remake!!! WEll DONE!!! also, just a request, can u make the ice GYM like the water gym in Hoenn? I realli would like a Puzzle xD!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hey, what's up people? Sorry if I haven't been around for a while. I had to study, then I had a test, then I had a headache....
So, I wasn't really in a good mood to come and post (but I have seen Balladofwindfishes' post, and I had to be in a better mood to write)

I think I saw a few more posts, I think they got deleted. Too bad.

First I'll talk about questions related directly to the game. Not that there are many, jeje.

About the warping back to home, instead to Mr.Pokemon's house, I'll see if there's a flag or something in a Pokecenter needed to make Mr.Pokemon's house act as if it were a Pokecenter (so if you lose you'll get warped back to the house, instead of your home, or the PC in Cherrygrove). I don't know if that's possible, though.
Oh, and the "arrow" thing was already posted (I don't know if I put it in the list, but I know I have to fix that)
Oh, and about the National Dex, I think that's enough for the player (it doesn't really work as I'd like, because it shows poke in wrong places. So for now, it's pretty much useless anyway...)

Now, onto the serious things...

I have said in the past that I'd use the files, only if I knew who originally created them. I was given the information (or so I thought), and given the proper credit (or so I thought). I was told I could use them, and I didn't even know about the existence of Pokemon Platinum (Are you doing a G/S Remake too?, I'm happy if you're doing one as well!).

I'd like to be able to use the tiles and the other files (so far I've used a few tiles). Or at least mantain the used ones. I hope I wouldn't have to remove anything, because that'd mean delaying me a bit. As you know, I'm kinda new in this hacking matter. So I'd like to have more information, please.

I'm not the kind of guy who would use other people's effort without recognizing it. That's not me.

Well, that's all I have to say about this. I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings (if I did, I apologize)

Those are my feelings about this (yes, I wrote that with a little time in my hands, I had to choose carefully what I wanted to say)

That's all!, by the way, I hope to get one free day to remove the dust I'm starting to gather :P. However, that depends on me doing quickly a few things first. I'll drop by tonight!

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I've found another little bug
the thing seems to be slow when walking over stairs, as when i was in bellsprout tower, i walked over a stairs and walked right over it jusdt as it faded to the next room...

Enrico Marini

Resident Evil Hacker
Years
Hey, what's up people? Sorry if I haven't been around for a while. I had to study, then I had a test, then I had a headache....
So, I wasn't really in a good mood to come and post (but I have seen Balladofwindfishes' post, and I had to be in a better mood to write)

I think I saw a few more posts, I think they got deleted. Too bad.

First I'll talk about questions related directly to the game. Not that there are many, jeje.

About the warping back to home, instead to Mr.Pokemon's house, I'll see if there's a flag or something in a Pokecenter needed to make Mr.Pokemon's house act as if it were a Pokecenter (so if you lose you'll get warped back to the house, instead of your home, or the PC in Cherrygrove). I don't know if that's possible, though.
Oh, and the "arrow" thing was already posted (I don't know if I put it in the list, but I know I have to fix that)
Oh, and about the National Dex, I think that's enough for the player (it doesn't really work as I'd like, because it shows poke in wrong places. So for now, it's pretty much useless anyway...)

Now, onto the serious things...

I have said in the past that I'd use the files, only if I knew who originally created them. I was given the information (or so I thought), and given the proper credit (or so I thought). I was told I could use them, and I didn't even know about the existence of Pokemon Platinum (Are you doing a G/S Remake too?, I'm happy if you're doing one as well!).

I'd like to be able to use the tiles and the other files (so far I've used a few tiles). Or at least mantain the used ones. I hope I wouldn't have to remove anything, because that'd mean delaying me a bit. As you know, I'm kinda new in this hacking matter. So I'd like to have more information, please.

I'm not the kind of guy who would use other people's effort without recognizing it. That's not me.

Well, that's all I have to say about this. I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings (if I did, I apologize)

Those are my feelings about this (yes, I wrote that with a little time in my hands, I had to choose carefully what I wanted to say)

That's all!, by the way, I hope to get one free day to remove the dust I'm starting to gather . However, that depends on me doing quickly a few things first. I'll drop by tonight!

I'm sure (well hope) they'll let you continue using the tilesets.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I believe those amazing tilesets that you've used have been created courtesy of Fangking Omega and co., as posted in this thread.

Here is your main outdoor tileset. Dawson posted a version of it, but is it me, or is it nowhere near the size it should be? If possible however, if a full size version of that particular release could be granted to me, I'd appreciate it profoundly because there's some graphics on it that I lost permanently when my hard drive busted and would like to regain, particularly the huuuuge green building :(

This was made with an advanced remake of Gold and Silver in mind, along with some rockin� new custom graphics, houses and such. As it�s based on GSC era for the most part, I don�t have ALL of the Kanto graphics (last check, it was the Cinnabar Mansion and Pokémon tower missing, they weren't in GSC). Some Hoenn buildings were modified for FRLG effect. All non-custom FRLG graphics ripped by the Fangking. Custom graphics edited/drawn by the Fangking and/or Mateo. Bell graphic near the bottom courtesy of Kyledove. If this tileset is used, give credit to the Fangking, Mateo and Kyledove.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2213/co...ohto4yhk5tj.png

It's enormous :S
It began at New Year, we kept adding stuff.

And your autotiles to go with it, water tiles now updated from old releases:
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9222/sea16ed2lp.png
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7105/sea23tq1ko.png
http://img334.imageshack.us/img334/6049/sand14gc.png
http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/8831/waterfall0kv5rh.png
http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/6693/flower14bq.png
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9386/path26vr.png (I use that one in city areas)

And 108 or so character sets, using every available graphic i could possibly rip. Some don't have walking animations which is a shame. But you've surely got enough there? Credit for these is mine (and nintendo's!)

It took an unearthly amount of time to rip and compile. Go get Avatar's excellent charasets for the FRLG heroes and rival, I didn't bother with them

http://www.filecabin.com/uploads/FK-Characters.zip
So credit for these go to Fangking, Mateo and Kyledove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back