• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 2, 2016
Yes the sound works normally for other things. All of the roms are. I don't think that they have problems and they weren't before until today and yesterday.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Does anyone know how to make a "permanent" setmaptile event? So that the map doesn't reset to the original when you exit it.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Does anyone know how to make a "permanent" setmaptile event? So that the map doesn't reset to the original when you exit it.

You have to create a level script (I think it's the 05 one) that does the same setmaptile's that you already made. Like:

Code:
checkflag 0xblahblah 0x1
if 0x1 call @setmaptiles
end

#org @setmaptiles
-insert your setmaptiles here-
return

And then just set the flag in your script somewhere so it'll activate when you walk in.

Kyoko1

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
Hey, its [01] - Type and you forgot the "special 0x8E" in it :)

Kyoko1

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
You can either work with the Vs-seeker (which simply resets trainerflag) or
make "cleartrainerflag [Trainer-ID]" in front of every trainerbattle script.

The_Show

Banned
Years
So I have a Mac right now, but I am considering buying a Bootcamp for my computer do I can use windows and hack! My only question is, should I get Bootcamp for Windows XP or 7? Basically my question is, which one is better for hacking?

Years
Hey, its [01] - Type and you forgot the "special 0x8E" in it :)

special 0x8e isn't needed for setmaptile level scripts.

So I have a Mac right now, but I am considering buying a Bootcamp for my computer do I can use windows and hack! My only question is, should I get Bootcamp for Windows XP or 7? Basically my question is, which one is better for hacking?

I would argue that Windows XP is better because some of the older tools aren't compatible with Windows 7, but I really can't think of any at the moment so I think your best option is to go with Windows 7, as the most "important" or necessary tools can work on Window 7 or have better alternatives that do so.

Eminence

Pokemon Eminence
Years

I run seven, and used to run XP. I can say there are many tools which have been made on xp so they're more compatible and bug free (not saying that every tools has bugs). MS-Paint on xp is also much better to work with when you're working on tiles or editing titlescreens, however you can just download it on Seven. It comes down to personal preference. I like using seven because it looks better and offers more "things" which I don't even end up using {XD}.

I believe 7 is also way more expensive. You're choice!

Years
I run seven, and used to run XP. I can say there are many tools which have been made on xp so they're more compatible and bug free (not saying that every tools has bugs). MS-Paint on xp is also much better to work with when you're working on tiles or editing titlescreens, however you can just download it on Seven. It comes down to personal preference. I like using seven because it looks better and offers more "things" which I don't even end up using {XD}.

I believe 7 is also way more expensive. You're choice!

Regarding the paint argument, Windows 7 is still the superior option as you get Win7!Paint and then you can just download XP!Paint.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
What about ruby?­­­­­­­­­

You will either have to port it to Ruby, or discover how Ether works and write some ASM to mimic it. You would need to be able to decrypt Pokemon Data and then edit the PP values for the moves. Not terribly hard if you know what you are doing, but if you have never touched ASM before, it is a good goal.

I am currently running XP dual-booted with Ubuntu and I have had 0 issues (except that one of the new tools, which I don't need but noticed, required .NET 4.5 which is unsupported on 32bit architecture) but other than that, it runs great. I have also noticed that compared with a much newer computer elsewhere in my house, it is also much faster. You can hack just fine on XP, but if you want to drop the extra money on 7, it will be newer and therefore (hopefully, if Microsoft did it right.... thinking about Windows 8 right now. *shudders* lol) better.

Last edited:

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
You will either have to port it to Ruby, or discover how Ether works and write some ASM to mimic it. You would need to be able to decrypt Pokemon Data and then edit the PP values for the moves. Not terribly hard if you know what you are doing, but if you have never touched ASM before, it is a good goal.
Hmm, I've never touched ASM before but I've planned to learn it soon, guess now is the time, thanks

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Does anybody know how to check for a specific Pokemon in your party?
I tried checking out the original script for in game trading, but it seems to store the Pokemon through some sort of variable.
Basically, I simple branch script that if the Pokemon is not in your party, it jumps to a different script.
I'm pretty sure there is something like this in Pokemon Ruby, but I can't remember where.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
I tried checking out the original script for in game trading, but it seems to store the Pokemon through some sort of variable.
Basically, I simple branch script that if the Pokemon is not in your party, it jumps to a different script.
I'm pretty sure there is something like this in Pokemon Ruby, but I can't remember where.

I think there was a special for that maybe?
Whatever it was, I think it might have involved some setvar commands that checked for the pokemon in question. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong or fill in the missing information here please.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

The sealed chamber. Where you go to unlock the Regi's. It looks for relicanth and wailord, but they need to be in a certain slot.

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

Look up HackMew's remove pokemon script. In it, there is a pokemon checker. That is where I learned it.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

I'm not sure how to go about doing that in Ruby, but it is definitely possible in FR/LG. You need to use the command 'special2 0xYYYY 0x17C'. Here's an example of it being used:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
setvar 0x8004 0x19 // Set the number of the Pokemon you want to check for in the variable 0x8004, in this case it is 0x19 (Pikachu)
special2 0x8005 0x17C // Execute the special and returns the result to variable 0x8005
compare 0x8005 0x1 // 0x1 is returned to 0x8005 if the Pokemon is in your party, otherwise it returns 0x0
if 0x1 goto @HavePikachu

If you want the specific party slot of that Pokemon then you can use the 0x147 special which works in a similar way, though you will have to use it multiple times/ make a loop if you want to check all six slots:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
setvar 0x8004 0x0 // Sets 0x8004 to 0x0, the beginning of your party
special2 0x8005 0x147 // Execute the special and return the result to variable 0x8005
compare 0x8005 0x19 // Checking if the result returned is 0x19 (Pikachu)
if 0x1 goto @PikachuIsFirst

Just change the 0x8004 variable to a different value to check your other party slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back