• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
I've been trying to do my own hack for a while now but I have no skill in scripting when it comes to Pokémon...
I would like to add events in like standing Pokémon and items and also change what people say like Birch and May/Brendan, etc. I have chosen Emerald as my game of choice, also I wanted to know if I can add scenes like Groudon and Kyogre's are but with other Pokémon. If it's possible?

Years
  • Age 120
  • Seen Mar 21, 2018
OK i got the rematch trainer script going with the right text : P (rebattle re-battle script) ROM : fire red

#dyn 0x740000
#org @begin
lock
faceplayer
trainerbattle 0x0 YOUR_TRAIDER_ID 0x0 @see @win
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if true call @second
msgbox @after
callstd msg_normal
end

#org @second
message @question
callstd MSG_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT YES
if == jump @pushy
jump @pushn

#org @pushy
message @see2
callstd msg_normal
trainerbattle 0x3 YOUR_TRAIDER_ID 0x0 @win
msgbox @win2
callstd msg_normal
end

#org @pushn
msgbox @after
callstd msg_normal
end

#org @see
= Only the strong may pass !

#org @see2
= OK lets do this again!

#org @win
= Your strong ...heehe.

#org @win2
= Lose Again...

#org @after
= Ok see ya !

#org @question
= want a rematch ?

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Okay, this is a stupid question, but....

How many pixels do I need to make the Emerald title screen? I assume it's the amount as Ruby and Sapphire, but I looked through a million tutorials and they all seem to skip over that.......

Ah, forgive me for asking such a stupid question >.<'

Well I know how to change the copyright screen, but what I want to do is add a whole 'nother screen before that. One that is like the screen in Mystery Dungeon, if you've played it. It forces you to press "A", so you will likely end up reading part of it first.

Anyway, how would I insert another screen like that?

The GBA screen is 240x160. Always, that will not change, so remember it lol
Inserting that screen is like inserting a tilemap and tileset, just do that. If you want the key press you'd need asm or C to compile to usable content :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • no
  • Seen Apr 20, 2020
Hey guys, just a little question... is there any way to make the texts' BG transparent?

you see i color the middle part of the box with red, but the texts still has white BG... any way to switch the palettes so it gets the 1st slot(transparent)?
el8poz.png

if connected with UNLZ, or palette change with APE... searched it but i cant find the palettes that is being used by the text. even in hex, still couldnt find it.

EDIT: it seems that its connected to the letters' tileset... anybody knows the offsets?

GoGoJJTech

Years
Hey guys, just a little question... is there any way to make the texts' BG transparent?

you see i color the middle part of the box with red, but the texts still has white BG... any way to switch the palettes so it gets the 1st slot(transparent)?
el8poz.png

if connected with UNLZ, or palette change with APE... searched it but i cant find the palettes that is being used by the text. even in hex, still couldnt find it.

Even if you changed the palette it wouldn't be transparent. You'd have to edit the text graphics themselves (I believe there are tutorials on changing text graphics, I think diegoisawesome had one on it)

Years
  • Age 31
  • no
  • Seen Apr 20, 2020
Even if you changed the palette it wouldn't be transparent. You'd have to edit the text graphics themselves (I believe there are tutorials on changing text graphics, I think diegoisawesome had one on it)

ok ok. i'll look up on it! thanks :D

Kenna18155

Kenna18155
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 1, 2020
Simple question, and I'll probably sound like an idiot; but how do I access FSF straight from XSE? The Free Space Finder button is grayed out. I have both applications in the same folder.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 11, 2015
I don't know if there is already a topic regarding this question, but I used the advanced search and couldn't find anything. Is there a tool to alter trainer and pokemon battle sprites in Gold? I've tangled with unLZ while using Emerald, but the source I got it from said it is for GBA games.

Kenna18155

Kenna18155
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 1, 2020
You can use a hex editor to search for a ton of FF bytes (free space)
Here's HxD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5ypef31rbg922n/HxD Hex Editor Portable.rar
Basically search for over 1000 FF bytes after 0x720000. Have fun :D

No, I FSF works fine, it's just kind of a hassle to to access it through its regular folder, because I have to close all programs running my ROM (XSE and Advance Map) and then log back onto them, reload my script, etc.

I just need to figure out how to use FSF from the drop-down tools menu in XSE.

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
What is the best (and the most up-to-date) tool to reorder the regional Pokedex in Pokemon Fire Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back