• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I really like the chiptune music, and I preferred the original music to those of the remakes. Though it's not because they're chiptune that I like them, I just think they captured the intensity of the songs most, while the remakes (HGSS/FRLG) tended to be more laidback, largely due to the selection of instruments.

Having said that, HGSS did have a kickarse remake of the Gym theme, and from what I've hear of the BW2 remixes, they're pretty good. Though regardless of the games or their remakes, I think Kanto and Johto music is the best we've had, which is largely what adds to how much I like those titles.

@Vertigo:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Vertigo = Bloodex.

Now do I want to draw for an hour, play Crystal for an hour, or do nothing for an hour before realizing that it's been an hour. Choices choices.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

One of the best things about HGSS ngl. I was able to switch to the older music for places in which I enjoyed the older music better than the newer music (ie: Goldenrod City)

Years

The best thing about HGSS was the whole Team Rocket radio tower shenanigans. I also loved the brief period of time where your radio would be forced to play the Team Rocket theme!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Yeah, I love that HGSS allowed you to switch between the remixes and the originals. My favorite GSC/HGSS theme is probably the original Vs. Red/Lance...but the whole OST was great, so it's hard to say.

...Though I never did beat HGSS. I decided to continue the whole "train your whole 6 pokemon team evenly with no HM slaves", deal. It made things harder in Platinum and it made things harder in HGSS (because now I'm SEVERELY underleveled). It's something, because I don't remember my original 1999-2009 strategy, but I breezed through all the pokemon games before Platinum...but I was too young to remember what I did before :/ I've been trying to shake up the strategy by training smaller teams and booting out my starter, but...I don't think the games are made for training 6 Pokemon parties.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Training six Pokemon evenly isn't that much of an easy feat. Some people can do it pretty well but they probably spend hours grinding; something I don't usually do unless it's really necessary. But that said I'm always underleveled so it just comes with the territory for me haha.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I've never been a fan of grinding...well, unless a game can make said grinding engaged and fun enough to deny repetitiveness. And I play a good deal of RPGs, J and W, so I've been subjected to a lot of it. Though Pokemon's one of those games where you can get to a point where you're stuck between strong trainer and a bunch of weak pokemon to train on, which is why it took me FOREVER to beat the kimono girls in HGSS. That's why...whatever strategy I used in Pearl, Emerald, etc. worked so well back then.

That's why I'm glad that they're adding hordes. Horde Audinos would make for great training spots. Since BW is seems like they've been trying to cure the grinding predicament to make training less of a hassle. I'm looking forward to XY.

Also, I'd have to hear the HGSS originals again to hear the differences.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

you can use ideas in a battle what??
i kid, but i rarely use them outside of elite four battles, and even then I tend to use them between battles and when it's really necessary.

hordes are going to be fabulous. definitely going to be easier for me to train since i've always done five/six pokemon. and yeah gsc/hgss were really bad at having low level pokemon when you're higher than they were by 10+ levels making grinding hard. no wonder why i'm currently in my high 30s heading towards the pokemon league in crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back