• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Shiny in safari zone... oh god im going to need saving if I try this.

Gratz on another shiny.

500 pokemon down just the rest to go. SRing for shiny moltres on fire red atm aswell. Just leveled my false swiper and got down how many attacks moltes can take from blastoise so aslong as nothing crits im fine. SRing is my least favourite method but only thing I can do for the shiny trio.

Years
Hugeeee congrats on the Chimchar and the Chinchou! What similar sounding shinies!
And does "Well done" fit for the Gible/Haxorus? I'm sure they took a lot of work!

Glass, yeah I heard about Safari week, and no I definitely won't be participating xD For me to attempt to get a shiny within a week is madness in itself, but with the added risk of losing it? Not so early in my career I don't think ;) Good luck anyone that does take on the challenge though!

And LDD, I'd certainly read it were you to rewrite it!
It would definitely be an addition I'd love to see, and we do know that Nintendo knows of our little hunting community.... I can't find an image of that dude that says something along the lines of "I look for Shiny Pokémon! Huh... Shiny Pokémon are nothing but different colours?"
Offending every hunter ever :3

In the anime I suppose they could have a character that trained all pokemon but kept bumping into shinies. Or maybe trained normal pokemon but travelled around looking for elusive shinies, I'm not sure haha :P

Would you mind telling this young new hunter horror stories of the 2 lost shinies in 3 encounters? O:

Last edited:
Years
Decided to try ShinyHunting with the PokéRadar in Pokémon Diamond and managed to bag myself TWO Shiny Starly(s)!

Love this method, requires much less time/patience and I can choose which Pokémon I want to find ^_^

Janske

Shinyhunter - Trance for life
Years
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

e47951ac-e49a-459d-b4b6-cf7ea74abef4.jpg

I've never been so happy with a shiny ever!!! xD Probably because I was actually trying to get this one as opposed to RE where I never seem to get what I'm hunting for.... It was the most work but it feels sooooo good finally getting it! ^_____^ It's modest nature which is fine for it's fire-side but kind of sucks when it turns into fire/fighting... oh well! I'm happy :DDD

Again here is well, major congratz Kitori:D!! Btw Modest is a decent nature:P Are you forgetting "focus blast"? and what about vacuum wave?:P All special sides moves;) I dunno if he can learn vacuum wave by lvling up but maybe he can learn it with the move tutor;) Just saying haha. Oh and Infernape has got to be the best fire pokemon ever next to charizard. I am jealous to no end haha.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
I've never posted here before but here is a list of my shinies.

2x Sawsbuck
2x Karrablast
4x Mincinno
2x Shelmet
1x Togepi
1x Minun
4x Audino
1x Slaking
1x Braviary
1x Lucario
4x Ferrothorn
2x Duskull
10x Landorus
1x Seedot
1x Houndoom
1x Pidgey
1x Sphinx
1x Volcarona
and
1x Empoleon

I've been trading my Landorus's online and hopefully can get a more variation of shinies.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
Oh geez, I have been gone way too long. This month was just one huge drama bomb for me. My girl got into a horrible car accident (she's finally recovering) and I got into a huge mess (which Im starting to escape). Sorry for my absence, yo.

Welcome new members!!! I definitely missed a lot. Everyones been getting some sweet Shinies. I'm falling behind. Im still trying to hunt my Shiny Horsea. Finally made it into Whirlpool Islands, and Im using a friend's HG to better my odds. I still need to test the Post-E4 method for the Roaming pokemon. I just need my 8th badge and Im good to go.

Years
Havent been for for around a month :(

I hate these finals... finished next Friday though ^_^. Ill have much more time to hunt then. Still have 5 finals to go *sobs in corner*..... but at least math is done :)

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
The June Monthly Quest!!

Happy June! Let's soar into the summer with June balloons...and other flying Pokemon!

To complete the Quest, you must find two shinies who can learn one of the following moves:

- Fly
- Bounce
- Sky Uppercut
- Sky Attack

Standard evolution rules apply - for example, a Torchic would count for the Quest because its evolutions can learn Sky Uppercut, even though Torchic itself can't.

The contest lasts until midnight EST on July 1st, 2013.

Good luck and have fun!

----------------

I'm still going to be away for a little while, but any questions/suggestions/clarifications about the rules of the Quest/praises of awesomeness can go to Latios Master (and LDD!???). I'll read all of the posts when I get back, but congrats to everyone who found shinies and welcome to all of the new members!

I've been SRing a bit in the LG Game Corner, and so far have:

560 Dratini
280 Clefairy

Good luck to everyone on your hunts!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Finally completed my shiny charm. The hunt for shiny Cobalion has begun, alongside SRing for Moltres on FR and spiritomb on diamond. Love having the 3 game set up. Had to get an elastic band thats a little tight till tomorrow when I can get a bigger one at work tomorrow. Hope this hunt is short. But I don't mind got loads of free time while i play other games to just SR on the side and listen for the noise.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Sweet, the June challenge has my 2nd favorite type in it. I may have come short by one, but now I get to hunt a few I have been wanting. So I will be taking a break from my Wurmple and Roggenrola hunt. I was actually planning to hunt for a Shiny Hoothoot if I ever got a shiny starter on HG for the Shiny Challenge.

These will be the flying pokemon I will be looking for.

163.png
276.png
396.png
627.png

Last edited:
Years
Hey everyone! June is here! *late*
I'm so excited I have alot of hunts planned and based on that list I'll be going for a cherubi after my ducklett decides to shine (210 eggs hatched)
I might try to beat Red and SR for the Mudkip and go for an anorith I'll have to check and see the swarms and if any of the list matches up with that
As for my Hg badge quest still hunting shiny mareep recently passed 14000(6600 since rattata) I can't wait to get this hunt out of the way and get
this month started maybe I'll surpass my record of 6 shinies in a month!
good luck everyone!

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Hey everyone!
So I decided to take a break from my shiny hunting on my White 2 version, so I played my Platinum version. While preparing for the 4th gym battle, I decided to explore Lost Tower, seeing as how I had skipped right over it for some unknown reason. /fails. x-x
But there I met my new SHINY GASTLY. 8D
He has an Adamant nature, which I'm not entirely thrilled about, but that's alright. :3 It moves are:
Curse
Mean Look
Nightshade
and Confuse Ray.
I'm so excited~ ^^

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Shiny Gastly are pretty cool, aren't they? Congratulations. (:

I've been chaining and wandering around in tall grass to find a shiny, but no luck yet. I've been too busy to do much shiny hunting, but I should be able to work harder at it over the weekend.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
They are pretty cool indeed, thanks! :3 Though he's a shiny Haunter now, I put him in my party as soon as I found him. Debating on whether I should let him go ahead and evolve into a Gengar now or later. x3

I feel your pain on that, I haven't had much time to shiny hunt either. I'm determined to get that snesel though. xD

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
Heya,

First of all grats to all the new shinies.

Secondly: I've got permission from Latios Master to start the Mew contest :D ^^

So the contest will start officially today.
You will be able to send in your guess until sunday 09/06/2013.

Good news guys,

I got the Old sea map event to work to get to Faraway Island for (shiny) mew.
So i will be SR'ing for shiny blue mew ♥

So the MEW-contest will be a fact!^^

I'm just waiting for permission to start the contest.

This is how the contest will go:

I'll be SR'ing for the shiny mew.
The members of the club can guess how many SR's it'll take to get shiny mew.
The member who got the closest guess will win a shiny mew(I can then send it to your copy of SS/HG/B/W).
You can start guessing already, but there is no date yet when I will stop the entries.
When I start the competition I'll post an overview of all the contestants and their guesses.

How to participate:

1. Quote "I want to join the shiny mew-competition" at the bottom of this post, and add your SR-guess.
2. Send me a private message with your guess(so i can keep better track of the contestants).

CONTEST RULES:
1. Double entries will be disqualified.
2. You have to send me a PM with your guess AND also post your guess in this thread or it won't be a valid guess.
3. (Ofcourse) the guess in the PM has to be the same as the one you post here.

I want to join the shiny mew-competition

As of update: I will be starting this off on a emulator without Fast forwarding.

Hope some of you guys will join the contest.

Thanks for reading and good luck with your hunts and good luck guessing.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on all the new shinies, and welcome to all new members!

Perhaps my lovely amount of eggs (3210 currently) can be a little inspiring or motivating to you? XD
Still live hatching. Me and Glassthedragon have decided to hunt Entei/Raikou once we get far enough. On that note; has anyone ever found/hunted for a roamer?

A little. XD Good luck on the Eevee!

Oh geez, I have been gone way too long. This month was just one huge drama bomb for me. My girl got into a horrible car accident (she's finally recovering) and I got into a huge mess (which Im starting to escape). Sorry for my absence, yo.

I hope she gets well soon, and I hope things improve for you!

Good luck to everyone participating in Poldie's contest!

This week's random hunt is... Gulpin!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Hey guys, I am still fairly new to these foruma but enjoying it so far!

See my sig for all the ones I have, but I will quickly introduce you into the ones I consider of mine to be 'proper' ones (no disrespect to others who may consider the other's 'proper):

Shuppet: First ever shiny. Found on Mount Pyre on my brothers Saphire. No idea what it was so caught it and did some research on-line and was shocked at the 1/8192 odds! A very cool first shiny IMO. Now a lvl 100 Banette.

Bidoof: random encounter in Diamond the first time I played through. Got just before the second gym while training up. Colour may not be that exciting but I like it. Now a lvl 100 Bibarel

Donphan: random encounter while training at Mt Silver. He is very cool and pretty strong too. Now lvl 100

Poliwhirl: Probably the best looking shiny IMO. Now a lvl 100 Poliwrath. Only one I EV trained (Sp Atk and Speed).

Gloom: Found this while doing a runthrough to compete vs my sister (I was only allowed 2 stage Pokemon max and she could have anything (neither allowed legendaries). Luckily I had a shiny exception :). Now a lvl 100 Vileplume.

Cindaquil: Caught only a week ago. He is now a Typhlosion lvl 36. First time I have done SR's and it took 565 - though I wasn't worried which starter shined. Needed one for the Shiny Challenge.

As for the June monthly challenge, next one will be a Dratini (at some point...), who will count which is nice. Will then search for something else that can count :)

PS if we don't have a fifth gen game is there any exceptions for the yearly quest? IE would 2x first gen be ok?

Years
T____T

WHERE ARE YOU SHINY MAREEP

f54wt2.jpg

2nd shiny rattata after 8376 REs
biggrin.gif
really glad something shined even though I already have this I will keep going until mareep is mines!
good luck everyone( especially TSE i think its waiting for you to catch up it won't let me move on until you hatch that eevee!)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
After over 100 REs with Pokemon from the Poliwag line, still no luck. It's stupid to expect a shiny with so few encounters, though. I think I'm going to find a calculator and start recording SRs on Heartgold version. I already have a shiny Bayleef, but Chikorita was the only shiny I didn't want haha.

Quick question:
How do you guys record how many SRs/REs you've done? I've just been marking it down on paper, but if I continue to do so, I probably will lose the paper.

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Quick question:
How do you guys record how many SRs/REs you've done? I've just been marking it down on paper, but if I continue to do so, I probably will lose the paper.

I asked this same question a month or so ago, cos i too was tallying on paper. People pointed me in the direction of tallying apps for a smartphone. i investigated, and found one for my android, so ive been using that. just one tap of the screen tallies an encounter, and i can save the progress in the app :) I you have a smartphone, maybe look for a free app that does it ^^

As for my own hunt, im currently at 2800SRs (8400 starters seen) on Soul Silver for another starter. nothing has been shining for me since totodile. Really hoping Chikorita shines for me soon ^^

Back