• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
  • Quick question:
    How do you guys record how many SRs/REs you've done? I've just been marking it down on paper, but if I continue to do so, I probably will lose the paper.

I tried a calculator but it didn't work for me. So I have 100 Dragon Ball Z cards, and every time move one from pile A to B. When all 100 are done I go back. As for total, I just remember so don't need to store it.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I use a calculator on my computer/laptop/phone based on where I am. I always end up losing any other form such as paper so I find it best to use my laptop as I normally SR/RE while watching anime anyway.

350 Coballion SR using charm no luck yet.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    I use MyCountR to record my SR's and RE's. I don't know if they have it on Android tho. But it's a realy nice app :-)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I've been using a calculator, but it turns off automatically after a while, so when I'm done SRing for a while, I write down the number on a piece of paper and put it in my game system. Seems to work well.

I'm at 480 encounters on Heartgold version for a shiny starter, only including what I've done last night and this morning. I'm concerned about being able to get my first badge to trade over without having the starter gain any experience / EV points (I'd like it to be UT for my trade shop), though.

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
    Years
  • @Razor302: Oh, man. That sucks! :( I have nightmares about finding a shiny and accidentally killing it or accidentally running away. Good luck on the shiny moltres!

@Cheesecake: Jeeze! Save some of that luck for the rest of us! xD Congrats on the Chinchou, though! I love that pokemon :3

@HereComesHeracross: Congrats on the shiny starlies!

@Janske: Thanks for the congrats! :D I think Ninetails is the best fire pokemon, personally, but I love infernape's purple hands. xD

@Dimitrius: Sorry to hear about that! :( Glad everything is on the up-swing!

@Simplysam: Grats on your shiny gastly!

@Paulthagerous: Thanks for giving us the story of your shinies! It was cool getting to read about where you got each of them. I'd like to hear more stories from others about their past pokemon, but I guess we hear about everyone's new pokemon as they get them. ^_^;

Thanks to everyone who congratulated my chimchar, he's now an EV trained monferno. xD 900 REs while doing that with him so far in Platinum for The Shiny Hunter Challenge.

Good luck on your hunts everyone!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • PS if we don't have a fifth gen game is there any exceptions for the yearly quest? IE would 2x first gen be ok?

Welcome to the club! If you don't have a 5th gen game, then I think a good alternative would be a previous gen Pokémon that is obtainable in the 5th gen games. For example, Castelia City has Rattata, Buneary, Skitty, and Eevee. To find more, you can check Serebii.net's Pokéarth. Unova is on the bottom of the page. http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/

Congrats on the shiny Rattata, Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon)! Good luck on finding Mareep!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Welcome to the club! If you don't have a 5th gen game, then I think a good alternative would be a previous gen Pokémon that is obtainable in the 5th gen games. For example, Castelia City has Rattata, Buneary, Skitty, and Eevee. To find more, you can check Serebii.net's Pokéarth. Unova is on the bottom of the page. http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/

Thanks for that. I am sure by the end of the year I can manage to grab one that fits :)

When we are checking off what we have is there a master list or is it an honour based system? I would think by now some people have already completed the yearly quest.

Last edited:

Janske

Shinyhunter - Trance for life
    Years
  • @Kitori: Yes wow tell me about it haha, but I also love infernape just cuz I love using him competitive:p. But ninetails is indeed a beautiful shiny. I might once breed for it in BW:p

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Thanks for that. I am sure by the end of the year I can manage to grab one that fits :)

When we are checking off what we have is there a master list or is it an honour based system? I would think by now some people have already completed the yearly quest.

It's an honor system. I'm not sure if anyone has completed the yearly quest yet.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
  • Would you mind telling this young new hunter horror stories of the 2 lost shinies in 3 encounters? O:

It was years (and game Generations) ago, back when I was going through my copies of Ruby/Sapphire. I had made it all the way to Victory Road. I was running back and forth inside the cave entrance, when I hit a Shiny Golbat. I switch out my high level party leader for a Pokemon 10 levels lower than the Golbat, intending to hit it once and start tossing balls. I unfortunately ended up getting a critical and 1-hit KO it. It was sad, yes, but still only a Golbat. I next hit (I think it was) a Hariyama, and ran. A few steps later another fight, a Shiny Lairon! Well I wasn't going to attack that, so I toss an Ultra Ball at it. No, it broke out! Okay I'll toss another next- Lairon used Roar! No! NO~! How in the... *cries*

Yes, it was the worst day in Shiny Hunters history. *nods sagely* It's why I started keeping a Master Ball on me at all times (when possible) normally trading one over to a new game, in the off-chance of ever hitting another Shiny with Roar/Whirlwind/etc.

Also, I now never attack a Shiny at all. I instead own several thousand Balls as soon as I start making money (I never buy healing items so it adds up fast) so i can sit back and never worry about running out of balls.

*The old hunter returns her gaze to the fire.*

Updates, I finished White Treehollow so I have picked up the Shiny Dratini (I don't think I announced that yet, did I?) and I know I haven't said this because I just did it, but finished the Unova Dex on White2 and went out and caught another Haxsourus.

And I can't spell anything. >_<

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
  • Your welcome, the original post is someplace way back in the 800 pages. You get the full effect of it in the hunter-breakdown I had. ^_^;;; Heh. But it really does make a great horror story.

On the bright side, I did get "revenge" on my bad luck. It took some time, but I eventually caught both a Shiny Zubat and Shiny Aron, who in honor of their lost forerunners, I have kept as a Golbat and Lairon.

Years
  • Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't been able to post much, school loves to get in the way consistently but I do have some good news!

I was having a phone call with my friend last night when he had to go, and I only had about half an hour till bed, so I picked up Eevee and Mudkip for a bit and almost didn't start recording. Then a lovely little shiny appeared!
    I didn't take any pictures haha, so I'll upload the video and put a link here.... bear with....

EDIT: Clicky clicky

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2019
    I only have a joltik shiny pokemon card, but I want to join, please! I promise I will look for shinies, and I am determined to get to work.

Years
  • Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't been able to post much, school loves to get in the way consistently but I do have some good news!

I was having a phone call with my friend last night when he had to go, and I only had about half an hour till bed, so I picked up Eevee and Mudkip for a bit and almost didn't start recording. Then a lovely little shiny appeared!
    I didn't take any pictures haha, so I'll upload the video and put a link here.... bear with....

Congrats TSE! on finally getting that stubborn eevee!

Sorry i haven't posted in a while I've been hunting like crazy and a few days ago I found a shiny yanma in the great marsh I tossed 1 safari ball at it and it broke out and of course it fled it sucked losing a shiny but I chose to hunt in the Great Marsh and we must live with the mistakes we make.

As for mareep now another 4150 REs and still haven't found anything but I'm keeping my hopes up that the next shiny I find is mareep :)

Janske

Shinyhunter - Trance for life
    Years
  • Hey everyone!

About time you got it haha! Well deserved xD!

I am at 13k RE for nidoran and NOTHING this is just complete insanity haha. I really need one :'(

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • About time you got it haha! Well deserved xD!

I am at 13k RE for nidoran and NOTHING this is just complete insanity haha. I really need one :'(

Based on your signature you have had a LOT of quick hunts so it was statistically likely that one eventually took a long time :(

Years
  • YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME OUT OF ALL THE POKEMON ON THIS ROUTE...

a5gu1v.jpg

I didn't think it would happen I kept telling myself I would get something new this time but as you can see that was a lie
    even with static this hunt still remains to failw ith the same shiny everytime at least this one is a female oh well you must
    stay optimistic and never give up let this be a lesson guys if you really want something never stop until it is yours.

Back