• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Father

Caleb290

Pokemon Master!
Years
I want to know who ash's father really is but I found this

The identity of his father has remained unknown. One reference to him exists in the anime. During a phone conversation between Ash and his mother in the second episode,[9] she states to her amazement that he got from Pallet Town to Viridian City in one day. "It took your father four days to get there when he started Pokémon training", she says, "He'll be so proud!". A line from the play, Pokémon Live!, suggests that Delia, at one time, had a relationship with the leader of Team Rocket, Giovanni when she was a teenager, but in the anime, no evidence of Giovanni being Ash's father has been shown currently.

could Giovanni really be ash's father? it would be funny to have an episode were ash fights Giovanni and then hes like you killed my father and then he like no ash I AM your father and ash is all NOOOOO!!! ROFL

Last edited:

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
hahha I doubt they would do that, but I would not doubt in the least bit that it could be true. I've thought for a long time that it was a possiblity

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I doubt it also. But thats a question probabaly we will never find out. Some people say that Ash's father is dead. I think that Ash's father is a ordinary guy in the streets

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
Years
People always say it's Gio or Professor Oak. Then there's the "theory" that Ho-Oh is Ash's dad or other stupid stuff like that. But I go with my gut, Professor Oak for the win.

Abyss

:)
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 15, 2008
I doubt it also. But thats a question probabaly we will never find out. Some people say that Ash's father is dead. I think that Ash's father is a ordinary guy in the streets

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

I agree, I don't really think it matters though. :l

Years
While it may be somewhat amusing (to me, kinda), I agree with everyone else, and I'll give the offending member a good warning, since we're an all-ages group.

Do knock that off, hm?

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
Years
  • Age 33
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 6, 2010
People always say it's Gio or Professor Oak. Then there's the "theory" that Ho-Oh is Ash's dad or other stupid stuff like that. But I go with my gut, Professor Oak for the win.

If Oak was Ash's father, that would make him either Gary's dad, or uncle @_@ I find that somewhat... disturbing...

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
Years
If Oak was Ash's father, that would make him either Gary's dad, or uncle @_@ I find that somewhat... disturbing...

Gary would be Ash's nephew, that's right. I think Oak and "Mrs." Ketchem seemingly "bump" into each other waaaaay toooo muuuuuch for there not to be something going on.

Melody

Banned
Years
Maybe Ash just hasnt bumped into his father yet....Maybe....just maybe he'll bump into him during this season (D/P) and you cant say he wont unless they are already finished airing the entire season in japan...Which I doubt has happened....

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
Ash's father....I think has been passed away before Ash was 5 or 6 or 2,
but I doubt that Giovanni is Ash's father...the manga says Silver is...but that is just the manga...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Well, however Ash's father is, I sure wish I wont miss that episode!

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
I think Ash was like Jesus and didn't have a father. Maybe Ash thought he had a father and his mom just lied about it to comfort him. That would explain why Ash was the "Chosen one" In the second movie and how everything keeps revolving around him

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Considering how this is the anime, whatever happens in the games would probably have no effect, but still...

In all the games except the Advanced gen, your character has no father. In the Color gen, your character, Red (who Ash is based off of) never mentions having a father. Oak makes it really obvious that Gary/Green is his grandson, but shows no hints of being related to Red.

Lots of people think that Giovanni could be Ash's father, but in the games it's hinted at a LOT that Silver from the Metal gen is his son.

But then again, Ash's dad could really be anyone. Maybe they'll never show him, and just forget about it like they did with the GS Ball...

Gunn

horror resident
Years
Ash's father will probably never appear at all. It has always been like that in anime.

"It took your father four days to get there when he started Pokémon training", she says, "He'll be so proud!"

"He'll" is the contraction for "he will" and it's in the future tense. Chances that Ash's father is alive.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2008
Oh, but that's the English version. Which can't always be believed in terms of canon facts, especially with random sentances that have no role in the plot line.

And in Live!, Deliah specifically stated that while she used to date Gio, someone else was Ash's father. But Live! is its own canon.

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune

Aqua Snagger Kitori
Years
Lots of people think that Giovanni could be Ash's father, but in the games it's hinted at a LOT that Silver from the Metal gen is his son.
Huh? I think I'm missing somthing here... Since when did the games hint that Silver was Giovanni's son? (hope I'm getting your sentence straight.)

Anyways, I always had an odd feeling that Giovanni was Ash's father, but I tend not to listen to my instincts.

My conclusions was because both Ash and Giovanni have black hair, but that has a huge hole in its testimony. (for goodness sakes, so do Brock, Bruno and- Hmmmmm... Bruno... both black AND spikey hair... ANOTHER CONCLUSION MADE--*TANKED*)

And also, (forgive if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure I heard it before...), I think Ash's mum did mention his father being a rotten apple or somthing like that, and as we all know, Team Rocket is pretty rotten. But I'm not even sure, so just ignore me.... ^^;

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
Huh? I think I'm missing somthing here... Since when did the games hint that Silver was Giovanni's son?

The only time ive heard it is in firered when you go to the islands and go through this lab. After you defeat this scientist he thinks you are Giovanni's son. However then he corrects himself and says that Giovanni's son has red hair. Silver undoubtably has red hair.

Plus I think in some pokemon manga Silver was hinted as Giovanni's son

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
I read on Bulbapedia that the manga says rival from Gold and Silver was Geovani's son. Is the rival supposed to be Silver?

Back