• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Father

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
  • *Sighs*

Pokemon Live! Isn't canon since it was not written in Japan, therefore any and all statements from it are inconclusive. Giovanni probably isn't Ash's father.

(JBC, for the record, Jesus is God's Son, so yes, he does have a father. Just, not a human biological one.)

Actually, Ash's father might be completely unrelated to the show at this point. He doesn't necessarily have to be a character that's already been introduced, after all. Maybe he'll show up for the series finale? :/

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2010
    like someone a;ready said. oak cannot be his father, but im gonna say a diffremt reason, in fire red, oak says, ( you guys were rivals since you were both babies" reffering to gary, but it my be diffrent in the show

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Doubt it. Giovanni doesn't actually figure much in the series outside of boss fantasies, and even the writing staff of Pokemon wouldn't be so insane as to start randomly throwing a plot twist like that in there. And Ash doesn't seem to care all that much about his father, so even if Giovanni did turn out to be his Dad, Ash would probably turn down any offers. (I'd also like to point out that Giovanni has never asked about Ash or even remotely hinted that Ash is his son.)

amatsu109728

Just an ordinary POKEMON gamer
    Years
  • i really doubt gio is ash's father cuz in mewtwo returns ash was talking to gio if gio was accually his father don't you think gio would've held back a little?

Years
  • I agree with the comment about Giovanni in Mewtwo returns

It would be very likely that Ash's father isn't a bad guy

Think about it logically, if the only mention of him in the series refers to his father being proud of him for his achievement, it would lead anyone to think his father was a trainer like him

Maybe it would be someone who runs a league somewhere that hasn't been touched on yet?

Back