• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Father

Years
    • NA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    This subject has been discussed so many times in other message boards, but I'll offer every single thing I know on this subject.

If any of you watched the original season ever (I have episodes 1 to Sabrina on VHS from when I was little), in one of the first episodes, Delilah (or Delia, who cares what her name is?) says something like, "It took your father four days to reach Viridian City, he'll be proud." Ash doesn't seem to care about this remark about his father, he's too busy being bummed out about what a bad rookie trainer he is. From then on, nothing except for the Pokemon Live thing.

In the Pokemon Live or whatever, Delilah reveals her past. She was part of the bad crowd and Gio's old girlfriend. Then she met Ash's dad and went straight. That's all. Doesn't show his face or reveal his name or anything.

In the games, it is hinted that Silver is Gio's son. (By the guy on that island in FR/LG.) In the manga, Silver is Gio's son. (Silver gets turned into stone at the end by the way.)

Ash's father was supposed to be revealed or at least hinted at during the Hoehnn reigon, but the producers decided to cut it or whatever. So his dad still remains a mystery. It could be Gio, I guess. Even if he was, he might not know. If he does know, he might be ashamed that his own son was a snot nosed loser who could never properly take over TR(his view, not mine). What I think was supposed to happen was that Ash's dad was supposed to be this super powerful trainer who works away from home or disappeared, and that he was supposed to revealed sooner (if at all) but then Pokemon got popular and the producers started dragging everything out and putting it off until the Pokemon anime drastically changed so the original plot would look bad.

Back