• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
@Mizan: The forum view explicitly lists replies, not posts, Mizan. Add a +1 always unless it is a technically once-but-never actually begun thread.

My PokemansOCs, let me show you them! Yeah, just show off any OCs that you've created so some of us might get interested in reading your fanfic. Non-Pokemon OCs welcome. A short bio, RP style, would also benefit you.

Meet Ravir Eisenhorth, Trainer Extraordinaire. Or at least that's what everyone sees in a young man who has only recently attained the title of Regional Champion. Tall, black haired, unrevealing eyes and a mple smile that hides the dangers his new "profession" has on both him and his Pokémon; there's nothing Ravir and his Electabuzz would love more that going on a six-month vacation back home where he won't be disturbed by people demanding asking that he rescue a Metagross from the depths of a cave or 12-year olds randomly challenging him to a bore battle.

Truly, if it were his choice, he would go play Extreme Pokémon Unreal Tournament with his and his younger brother's Pokémon, and teach him tricks to hit on just-hitting-on-puberty girls because he is, you know, a Champion "mini version".

Ravir is a person of faith, although the burden of his adventures and his new position has left him with a more cynical view of the world, being sent on missions to watch over places so that what once went wrong doesn't go again. But he retains childhood hobbies, collects objects from his travels, and gets himself involved in anything that has "science" written on it. Combine the two then-- he just handed over a piece of rock to some scientists, that turned out to be a fossil. And voilà! Now we have a new Pokémon! -- Which he and his party will have to study and babysit while the scientists go in a frenzy believing they saw a Mew around...

Do you plan to become an author in real life?
Well... I do intend on writing an autobiography, but anything beyond that... no. Definitively no.

@txteclipse: thanks for link, man! This one looks pretty interesting and will give me something to do for what remains of the weekend.

Oh, did i link someone to TV Tropes? Sorry in advance! :D

Bay

Years
...I blame my professors for me not coming to the lounge the past few days. >.>

My PokemansOCs, let me show you them! Yeah, just show off any OCs that you've created so some of us might get interested in reading your fanfic. Non-Pokemon OCs welcome. A short bio, RP style, would also benefit you.

BunnySpruce: A Ruin Maniac/Archeologist who is into artifacts, myths, and history. She is a small woman and is a very nice person until someone calls her a "cute" name, like Bun-Bun. You won't hear her use a contraction because of how she was raised by her theater grandparents.

She was working on a book about the history of the evolution stones until she was wrongly accused of murder, but she then got help from her former professor (who was actually the murderer).

The Pokemon she carries are Balin (Ninetales) and Sky (Drifblm)

Jacob Alexison: An older Ruin Maniac and former professor at University of Canalave City. He is known to be a very charismatic lecturer and is too into artifacts. Most of the time Jacob is very calm and patient, although he could snap if nothing is going according to plan. He knows Bunny very well because she was his former student (and his favorite too).

For four years he tried to pursue a friend of his to get answers on a certain artifact, but then when he does meet him he accidentally kills him. When he heard Bunny was accused of the murder instead, he took that opportunity to both help her and run away from his crime.

The Pokemon Jacob has are a Xatu and a Mothim.

I would do Officer Jenny's and Damus', but Officer Jenny is from the anime (although her personality is different from the others :P) and if I were to do Damus' it would be spoilers for Heart of the Sea. :x

At this time, no. My ideas seemed to fit for fanfiction at the moment. XD; I would love to write a thriller about a financial scam, though. :P

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Oh yeah, totally. I'd love to get Artificial published, for starters, and I want to find the dedication somewhere to actually write a full novel-length work.
I need something to do in the meantime, though . . . maybe a History degree or sumthin.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years

Nah, too tedious. I prefer the FAN part of fanfiction more than the fiction part.

It's the experimenting of endings, the humourising of events, the hellifying of life that's awesome. OCs are too boring. And you have to work too hard.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Definitely. That was my plan all along. I'm using fanfiction as a stepping stone and hope to move onto just plain old fiction, actually been thinking of moving onto it sooner rather than later.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Heck no. I have very little interest in literature aside from that which you find at a hotel, that which you find at a car dealership, that which comes with electronic equipment, or that which is published by the Internal Revenue Service.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Not at all. I write fanfiction to explore worlds that others have created, and to get to know canon characters better.

Besides, my main interest is grocery stores now. And except for my LJ flist, I don't think anyone wants to read about my adventures at work.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years

Ever since I was eleven years old, yes. For me, fanfiction is a way to practise for that future. Being an author - in real life or online or whatever you meant by that - is the biggest dream I have. I mean, yeah, I want to have kids, I want to see the world, I want to be a biologist, and so forth, but those are secondary compared to writing. I love writing, and I want to make my living by writing, writing, and writing. I'll probably never make much, but money is also secondary. I don't care if I'm poor. I just want to be an author and write my stories for a living.

Also, Shinkai Makoto FTW! I've been wanting to watch 5 centimeters per second for a while now, but I want to buy it and Amazon still hasn't restocked on that one. I already own the Makoto Shinkai collection DVD, with the short She and Her Cat and longer Voices of a Distant Star and The Place Promised in our Early Days. I tell you, that guy is an absolute genius. He begun just with himself and a Mac and has made all of his movies more or less alone if you don't count in the voice acting and music. I love him and everything he animates.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013

I do plan to write stories as I grow older, but I also know that it's not a steadily dependable profession if my books don't sell well and am also preparing to be a schoolteacher. So yeah.

Also, new bold topic!

Aside from Twilight or any related works, have you ever seen a Mary Sue in a published story? Was there anything notable about them?

How many of you have read the (utterly horrible) book The Girl Who Owned a City? It's about a plague that killed all people over fourteen years of age, but leaves regular kids unharmed. The main character was a twelve-year-old girl named Lisa (who shares a surname - Nelson - with the author). Among other things, she: had a ridiculously large vocabulary and similarly sized breasts, spontaneous bouts of leadership, was able to steal half a warehouse full of food after everyone else had gone through it (the author's reasoning: no other child was capable of realizing that they would need to steal more than junk food!), watch as her best friend's method of organizing toys for children by sharing go down the drain and miraculously shut all the kids up by saying "Kid 1 gets Toy A, Kid 2 gets Toy B" and so on, lead an entire neighborhood of rowdy children into a school building and fortify it, able to angst in a tower (one that definitely should not have been in a schoolhouse) for days on end, and eventually finished off the book by Talking The Thirteen Year Old Pointing A Gun At Her Head to Death. This Troper was forced to read it last year. She, at twelve years old, feared for the future of humanity when every other kid in the class said it was the best book they had read that year.

She wasn't surprised to learn that the author had designed it as both a way to raise money for his painting company and a way to translate Objectivist philosophies (basically, "Use logic and don't let compassion shake you at all, and you'll get far in life") into kid-friendly terms. The main character was meant to summarize this, and it is pretty disturbing to watch a preteen act like a cold-hearted woman to a gaggle of six-year-olds...

On that pleasant note, HGSS is awesome.

Last edited:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
After noticing that any bio for NG-137 would be filled with spoilers,I decided against it and instead, I have few new character concepts. One for a Pokemon PMD style fic with an entire modernised world and one for a parody/crackfic in the works.

Parody/Crackfic
Sebastian Azrael(more names yet to be revealed)
Sebastian was born on the 13th of August(Friday) in 1993 using our current time-line in New Bark Town. As of 2010, he is 17 years old and is due to be entering a College in Saffron City. This is the subplot that forms the basis of a parody/crackfic I'm planning. His usual attire are inclusive of, but not limited to, a black suit with matching slacks, a pair of black leather shoes, a red neck-tie, and a pair of square rimmed glasses. He is generally the kind of person that doesn't give a damn about Pokémon Trainers or as he puts it 'those ridiculous idiots running around the country forcing those poor creatures to fight' as he is content to go to law school and become a lawyer to free his father from jail. He does not play video-games or watch any form of televised entertainment instead choosing to read books. In the events of the parody/crackfic that I have planned, he's basically the only sane person around, a voice of reason if you will. His starter Pokémon, although reluctant to have one at all, is a cyndaquil.

His personality is basically a mess of logical reasoning and OCD-istic tendencies that manifest themselves in his mental inability to wear different patterned socks and the fact that he is annoyed when people act outside of social norms. He considers himself as an extremely normal person in a world of wackos(which is canonically true in the pardoy/crackfic) and he has a special talent being that he has a sub-sense that allows him to listen to sounds from the range of 20Hz to 20Khz, cuts off and resumes at 300Ghz to 300.5Ghz for some strange reason that would make Douglas Adams proud. XD

PMD Style fic

Sergeant Keirsey Gavred
(Kirlia) (National ID: 281-160821-1344)
Sergeant Keirsey Gavred was made the squad leader of the 267th after graduating from the Copercinian Military Academy with one of the highest grades in the lower set. She is proficient with psychic type combat, and most handheld weaponry. She is unable to fight using hand-to-hand combat as a means of defending herself and thus is weak if caught unawares or by surprise. She was born in Swialdi City on the 21st of August 2016 and attended the Kanazumi Comprehensive Academy before deciding to join the Copercinium Military at the age of 15. She is currently 18 with the current year set as 2035.

Her skill level, during her last assessment was leveled at around a 5/12 overall figure and her standard uniform is a standard, khaki, Copernicium Military issue, NCO uniform with a brown, khaki skirt in place of her usual white one. This allows for maximum flexibility on the field alongside a sense of familiarity with the uniform design. Traditionally, psychic type infantry carry at least one PDW(Personal Defence Weapon) for long range combat. In Keirsey's case, her weapon of choice is a H&K MP7 set to burst mode.

Her leadership qualities, are a matter of debate since she has shown to be an abysmal strategist. This is compensated by the fact that the thirteen-strong 267th has an intermediate strategist in one of its fireteams. However, if said strategist were to be killed-in-action, Keirsey's squad would lose an extremely valuable asset.

Also, Shinkai Makoto FTW! I've been wanting to watch 5 centimeters per second for a while now, but I want to buy it and Amazon still hasn't restocked on that one. I already own the Makoto Shinkai collection DVD, with the short She and Her Cat and longer Voices of a Distant Star and The Place Promised in our Early Days. I tell you, that guy is an absolute genius. He begun just with himself and a Mac and has made all of his movies more or less alone if you don't count in the voice acting and music. I love him and everything he animates.
Hailed as the next Miyazaki no less. :D I love all his works. 5cm/sec was the best Anime movie I've seen, ever. I've yet to see She and Her Cat.

On that pleasant note, HGSS is awesome.
;_;

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Curse you video games, irl issues and school... CURSE YOU!!! :3

I'll see where it takes me... I am majoring in the right thing, but I do have a ways to go as well...

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I'll follow Mizan's example, because writing 20 chapters' worth of info on five four characters is just insane. Plot bunnies ahoy!

My Pokemans OCs, let me show you them! Yeah, just show off any OCs that you've created so some of us might get interested in reading your fanfic. Non-Pokemon OCs welcome. A short bio, RP style, would also benefit you.

Marzel "Lugia" Blackwood: (Some of you may remember him from a previous plot bunny I put up here; yes, his name changed.) Adopted by a couple in New Bark Town, Johto on April 2nd, 1991, Marzel was taught since birth to be a polite young man, friend to all living things and respectful of his parents and whatnot. At a young age, though, Marzel found that this mantra just wasn't working out for him. At all. For that reason, he started wreaking havoc on New Bark Town and soon aquired the title of school delinquent. This culminated when, on his tenth birthday, the kid simply swiped a Cyndaquil egg from Professor Albert Elm's lab and ran off to start a journey without any word to anyone about it.

Cut to six years later, where Marzel has grown into a full-fledged ***hole who makes it a game to see how far he can punt the bodies of any wild Pokémon his own one-Mon team mowed down in training, and who holds Pokéballs shut while they're supposed to shake to prevent the Pokémon inside from escaping. He can pull a prank on anyone and with anything - another skill aquired in his days as a kid - and had stepped over the Pokémon Trainer Moral Event Horizon a considerably long time ago. After very literally tripping over a Shiny Celebi - who's not actually a Celebi at all, but a sort of semi-Pokémon abomination created by Mew as a little experiment and exiled by Arceus - he was pretty much forced into an epic quest commisioned by the God Thing himself to round up all of the exiled "experiments" - Mew had made eight in total - before they cause mass destruction to his ego the world.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
My Pokemans OCs, let me show you them! Yeah, just show off any OCs that you've created so some of us might get interested in reading your fanfic. Non-Pokemon OCs welcome. A short bio, RP style, would also benefit you.

Marzel "Lugia" Blackwood: (Some of you may remember him from a previous plot bunny I put up here; yes, his name changed.) Adopted by a couple in New Bark Town, Johto on April 2nd, 1991, Marzel was taught since birth to be a polite young man, friend to all living things and respectful of his parents and whatnot. At a young age, though, Marzel found that this mantra just wasn't working out for him. At all. For that reason, he started wreaking havoc on New Bark Town and soon aquired the title of school delinquent. This culminated when, on his tenth birthday, the kid simply swiped a Cyndaquil egg from Professor Albert Elm's lab and ran off to start a journey without any word to anyone about it.

Cut to six years later, where Marzel has grown into a full-fledged ***hole who makes it a game to see how far he can punt the bodies of any wild Pokémon his own one-Mon team mowed down in training, and who holds Pokéballs shut while they're supposed to shake to prevent the Pokémon inside from escaping. He can pull a prank on anyone and with anything - another skill aquired in his days as a kid - and had stepped over the Pokémon Trainer Moral Event Horizon a considerably long time ago. After very literally tripping over a Shiny Celebi - who's not actually a Celebi at all, but a sort of semi-Pokémon abomination created by Mew as a little experiment and exiled by Arceus - he was pretty much forced into an epic quest commisioned by the God Thing himself to round up all of the exiled "experiments" - Mew had made eight in total - before they cause mass destruction to his ego the world.
Two things. My OC is from New Bark Town too. XD

Also, Lol, Lilo and Stitch type plot...

Last edited:

An-chan

Whoops.
Years

I'll see where it takes me... I am majoring in the right thing, but I do have a ways to go as well...

That is not how becoming an author works. You're going to really have to work for it be very patient and stubborn to actually become an author. Writing just a single novel takes years of work that isn't always enjoyable, and, due to the general structure of the business, varying amounts of money and financial loss on the part of a beginning author. All in all, making a living by writing is a real pain in the ass, and you have to really recognise all the trouble, money, and time that goes into it before you can even think about thinking of becoming an author.

Sorry if I sound a bit agitated, but I've had some bad experiences with people who think being an author would be easy money. As a result, this is an issue that always manages to rub me the wrong way. I know you might not even have meant it like that, so nothing personal there. This is just something I think people really need to acknowledge more.

So, uh, rant ends here. We now return to the scheduled chit-chat of the FLL.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
We now return to the scheduled chit-chat of the FLL.

Yep, us and our good ol' Fan-Liction Lounge.

Two things. My OC is from New Bark Town too. XD

I blame your OC for making me think I should include Lugia in the first place.

Also, Lol, Lilo and Stitch type plot...

Whoa, I haven't watched that in years. |D But yeah, I see what you're saying. It's hardly a rare plot anyhow, so...

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
I blame your OC for making me think I should include Lugia in the first place.
Also, your OC has the letter a,r,z,e, and l in his name plus the fact that his starter is a Cyndaquil. Lol, that's one hell of a coincidence. XD

Whoa, I haven't watched that in years. |D But yeah, I see what you're saying. It's hardly a rare plot anyhow, so...
The plot dragged when I watched it years back...(like what, 7 years ago? Man that's nostalgic...) I can't say I enjoy it anymore, nor do I watch it, but I do remember the premise of the spin-off series. The movies were alright though, I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back