• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gender Race v4.0 - [Emperors vs. Empresses]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
I love Zelda games, I only have Skyward Sword though, but I'll definitely getting A Link to the Future when it releases. :3

TY

Im more of a guy that enjoys PS3 games, mostly since i have one and no Nintendo console.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

That's a shame. :(

I have more Nintendo than Sony. All I have for Sony is a PS2, a broken PS2 and a PSP.

TY

I havent been really into it lately since other games caught my attention

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

There is one PS3 game that I am looking forward too but it's actually a HD of a game that I already have haha. But it's my favorite so yeah. Need to get a ps3 sometime.

TY

Indeed, GTA, StarCraft, Borderlands... all great games i adore

Last edited:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years

The Last of Us, koff~

Where to begin on how bad this game truly is. This game, while brilliantly constructed, is a poor game. It's less than thrilling story flopped with me (if you read any Science fiction you've come across this type of plot before). The aspect of crafting things as you go was fine and dandy, but poorly handled. For example: The shiv. Do you have any idea what a shiv is? A jury-rigged knife. That's it. Do you know what the most common weapon in the world is? You guessed it: The knife. Shivs break after one use (two if you find that upgrade) and you have to hunt for more sharp objects to build more shivs with.

Do you know what's stupid? Ellie's switchblade. Ellie has a switchblade that is older than she is, and it does not break at all. Never. Do you know how delicate a switchblade can be? Where are the kitchen knives? The butcher knives? I can guarantee you you that not everyone would have thought to bring the knife block with them to wherever they were going. There is no knife you can use in the game that doesn't break. I have knives in my kitchen that are supposed to last 50+ years or more if they're kept well. So this aspect of the game was downright intolerable.

The AI. I stood in a room with infected running around like coked up five year olds. They would look at Joel, and run out the exit to come back in the entrance. Imagine the door scenes from Scooby Doo. I know they could see me, and I know they could hear me because I was shooting at them. It was the worst AI I've seen in sometime. Also, I hid in a closet with a shotgun and murdered every guy that was in the area who was checking out that "Huh? What was that noise?". Pretty sad, really.

They call the magazines 'clips'. That just bugs the hell out of me. Out of all the time they were spending on this game, not one of them thought to see what a magazine is. You won't see Smith & Wesson send you any 'clips' when you buy a firearm. You can't buy 'clips' for handguns. You can buy stripper clips for certain rifles, but that's as close as it gets.

The gameplay was incredibly boring for me. The puzzles weren't puzzles, they were a waste of my time. Move this there, or push this out of the way. Move this ladder there, move it here, etc. I got so bored that I had to rush through the game in the next day or so because I knew if I stopped, I would never pick it up again to finish it. I played more Heavy Rain than I played of this game, and looking back, this game is clearly the 'cheaper' of the two.

This game was not worth what I paid by far. I bought the Ellie Edition and now I'm selling it to try and recover some of what I lost. I have never regretted paying so much for a special edition of a game before. I compared it to the New Vegas Special edition and it's just sad with what The Last of Us comes with. Stickers, the first issue of a comicbook so you have to pay for the other comics coming out to see the rest of the story, and an art book with less pages than the larger book you must buy separately. What a waste of my money I swear.

"Well this is the best game I've ever played!" If it is, then you have not yet earned the status of gamer in my eyes. I have played hundreds and hundreds of videogames and if there was one that I'd have to pick to play for eternity, this game would not even come close. I've played more hours of Tetris than the average person, and Tetris' simple gameplay and great music puts The Last of Us to shame. I know it's a poor example to use, but oh well.

I knew the ending of the story well before it showed up. The ideas were nice, but certain stealth aspects were minimal. For Tactical Espionage Action, you know where to find it.

Over all the hype of this game, all the opinions, and all the "This game is the best" I give this game a 3/10. It did not entertain me, it did not challenge me, it was not unique, it tasted bland and unfinished. Those three points are for the sound track, which is The Last of Us' one redeeming quality. Play a better game with better gameplay, rent this for a buck or two, or borrow it from a friend. It's really not worth the $60, koffi~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I'm so glad I do not know this game you are reviewing because that is one big block of text and you didn't provide a tl;dr version.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
^lol I dont know this game either. I am just fine with playing my rpgs and platforms games and blah. I can honestly care less about shooter games lol

edit:170 lol

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
Years

I'm not much of the zombie killing gamer. I'm more into JRPGs and MMORPGs. Bummer though, I heard The Last of Us was a good game. Then again, IGN is sometimes bad at reviewing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back