• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen NPCs, Towns... Pokemon lost its feel?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
market.png

D: dude, they look the same!

bridge.png

Cars?! Sure, there was a moving truck in R/S/E but it was out-of-place 0.0

They're killing the Pokemon spirit with high tech' stuff D:

It just doesn't have the same "feel" anymore. Really. It's way too high tech' now.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
I like this change. Save for the NPCs, but then again, the game is still under development. Plus, it's a new region. Some parts of the world are more developed than others. Like La Rousse City of the anime.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
Well, things evolve. Personally, I can't wait to play through this. If it feels way too different, then I still have Generations 1-4 to fall back on, but considering that I only really care about story and the battling system, I probably won't care that much when I play it.

(The NPCs always looked the same anyway, so that won't bother me at all.)

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
it doesn't have the same feel but i think it feels better

cobraman228

My friends are my power.
Years
Well, the world is evolving all the time, so well, I dont mind the change, plus, if they have the technology to fit a massive Lugia into a tiny capsule, I'm sure they must have the technology to make cars :P

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
well, they did say they wanted to make it look like you weren't playing a Pokemon game, besides, it hasn't lost it's feel at all, it's feel has been upgraded.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
It felt weird when the only tech things was TV's and pokegears, while they had NeXT to no veichles and stuff.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
You can't judge the feel of a game until you sit down and play it yourself. Screenshots can be deceptive. The true feel of a game isn't just how it looks at one given moment, it's how it moves, reacts, plays.

All that aside, I'm too worried about how stupid the starter Pokemon look to be worried about the towns.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2016
I agree that Pokemon games definately feel different now than before, lately I've been playing original red version and having a blast, but that shouldn't take away from enjoying all the newer pokemon games, I'm also playing through Pearl right now (First time playing through) and yeah at times they seem worlds apart but then I realize that it's been nearly what 15 years? seperating the games. they should feel different. and play differently.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
This is supposed to be a region rather distant from the previous four regions...rumors abound that this region is actually based on the American west coast. so it's understandably much different both culturally and technologically from the Hoenn/Johto/Kanto/Sinnoh continent. :P

If implemented well, it will lose the traditional feel, but gain a newer, fresher one in the process. :D

Ayselipera

I don't think you can judge it until you try it. From here it does look very city like, but I think we've only seen one city and one town so far. Actually only a bit of a town if I remember correctly. Perhaps the other towns and cities won't be as industrial although I personally hope they will be. I just want to try something new. Rural towns were getting a bit old.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
I think it fits, seeing as the world is also getting more High Tech as it goes on. Hopefully the whole game won't be cities and repeatedly same looking characters, i'm sure somethings will be changed.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
What? All of the regions/generations have different feels. Johto was different than Knato, being more Sacred and ancient. Hoenn was different than anything done before and Sinnnoh truly was separate. It is only natural for these things to evolve over time.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
It does seem like they're going a little overboard with the graphical stuff. Sure, it looks nice and all but I prefer the quaint towns nested in the countryside of the region, amidst beautiful flowers and flowing rivers. And, on the topic of cars, I sure as hell hope that they're not replacing the bike with a motorized vehicle of some sort.

Massai

Lesson The First
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2011
More than six people living in a town!?!

Technological advancements in the hardware reflected in the architecture and advancement of in-game technology!?!

Pokemon not from Red/Blue!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!11one1!1eleven!!11

/drama
/nostalgia goggles

Massai

Lesson The First
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2011
They don't make anything like they use to. You can either speculate about the scary changes, or accept the fact that everything changes and speculate about how much fun it can be, because you know you're buying it, playing it and loving it.

Back