• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2019
    Based on the experience group information on bulbapedia Misdreavus, Delibird, and Snubbull are in the fast experience group. However, in pokemon crystal both of these pokemon were in the slow experience group.

In what generation of pokemon games did this change occur?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Based on the experience group information on bulbapedia Misdreavus, Delibird, and Snubbull are in the fast experience group. However, in pokemon crystal both of these pokemon were in the slow experience group.

In what generation of pokemon games did this change occur?

Are you sure they were in the slow group in crystal? Normally the slow group only includes pseudo-legendaries and Pokemon that don't evolve.

If they did change though, I'd guess that they changed in gen 3, because that was the generation where the two new experience groups got introduced (erratic and fluctuating), so I'd imagine some Pokes might have had their groups changed at that point, in order to maintain balance.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2015
    Trading and battling between Pokemon Y and Omega Ruby

Hi, I have Pokemon Y, and I want to trade and battle with a friend who has Omega Ruby. How do I do this?

Years
  • Hi, I have Pokemon Y, and I want to trade and battle with a friend who has Omega Ruby. How do I do this?

So sorry for the slow reply! I've merged your thread into the Pokemon gaming Q&A thread since it would fit best here.

Battling/trading through XY and ORAS is very simple, you both just need to add each other's friend codes then select your friend's name on the PSS at the bottom screen in XYORAS and choose the trade or battle option (assuming you're both online in the game and connected to WiFi). Since ORAS has some things XY doesn't (such as mega evolutions not introduced in XY, the Cosplay Pikachu, and other things) you'll be restricted on what you can use in trades and battles. Check out this guide for more detailed help. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2015
    does pokebank support pokemon black

So i got alpha saphire and i want to get some of my pokemon from soul silver. I heard you have to trade them to black or white and then deposit them in the pokebank. Then take them out with alpha saphire. But i go to the pokebank and its says it only works with x and y and as and or. Is black still compatible with pokebank?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It's the Transporter that works with Gen 5 games, which is a separate app but needs the PokeBank in order to work. Basically what you do is download the Bank ($5 a year) and then download the Transporter (which is free). Place the Pokemon you want to send to your 6th Gen game in Box 1 on your Gen 5 game. Start up the Transporter and then you can send those Pokemon to the Bank. Then put in your Alpha Sapphire and start up the Bank. The Pokemon you moved will be in a special box in the Bank. Move them into your PC boxes and save, and voila, you've moved Pokemon from Gen 5 to Gen 6.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Will 2 pidgeotto make a Pidgey?
    Will 2 kakuna make a weedle?

I'm just going to guess you're talking about breeding. In which case, yes. As long as one is male and the other female. Actually, breeding a female Pidgeotto with anything with result in Pidgey; breeding a female Kakuna with anything results in Weedle.

Aside from the "Incense Babies", you always get the lowest evolutionary form of the mother when breeding.

With "Incense Babies" you either get the baby (the lowest evolutionary form) or the base (the second-lowest evolutionary form) depending on whether the mother was holding the proper incense or not. For example, a female Azumarill will spawn a Marill egg normally, but if holding the Sea Incense will spawn an Azurill egg.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2015
    Is there anyway to keep pokemon in specific routes? Like say I'm randomizing Fire Red, is there a way on the first route I can get every pokemon on the first route from the first 2 generations? Like the route where you get pidgey in fire red is there a setting i can get a hoothoot / sentret (2nd gen) and poocheyena & zigzagoon (3rd gen)
    If theres any hack too, let me know please!

i got the pokemon universal randomizer

Years
  • If I breed a pokemon with a Ditto, does the gender of a pokemon which is not a Ditto have influence on chances to pass a hidden ability to the offspring? If so, what are the chances of passing hidden ability for two following cases:

a) HA female + Ditto
    b) HA male + Ditto

Thanks.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • If I breed a pokemon with a Ditto, does the gender of a pokemon which is not a Ditto have influence on chances to pass a hidden ability to the offspring? If so, what are the chances of passing hidden ability for two following cases:

a) HA female + Ditto
    b) HA male + Ditto

Thanks.

Which generation is this that you're playing? If it's gen 6, then the gender of the non-ditto parent doesn't matter. In both cases, there's a 60% chance the child will have the hidden ability :)

In Gen 5, the non-ditto parent has to be female.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Which generation is this that you're playing? If it's gen 6, then the gender of the non-ditto parent doesn't matter. In both cases, there's a 60% chance the child will have the hidden ability :)

In Gen 5, the non-ditto parent has to be female.

Gen 6. Good, so I don't have to bother with this. Thanks.

TadBeavers

Tad Beavers
    Years
  • I am trying to complete national pokedex, How ?

do i have to actually have all the pokemon in the pc or can i just see them like in a trade before the pokemon is actually traded ? I was wondering if anybody out there could help me out with this. I am trying to obtain the shiny charm to increase my shiny breeding. I am currently trying to breed my chancy to hatch a shiny chancy but its taking for ever.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    do i have to actually have all the pokemon in the pc or can i just see them like in a trade before the pokemon is actually traded ? I was wondering if anybody out there could help me out with this. I am trying to obtain the shiny charm to increase my shiny breeding. I am currently trying to breed my chancy to hatch a shiny chancy but its taking for ever.
    You need to have owned 1 of every Pokemon at some point in order for it to count. So like if someone just shows you a Zapdos on the trade screen it doesn't count, but if they trade it to you and then you trade it back it does count since you, if though it was only very briefly, owned a Zapdos once. You also don't need to get any of the event-only Pokemon in order to obtain the Shiny Charm.

Trade Corner's a good place to go to to get help on completing the PokeDex btw

TadBeavers

Tad Beavers
    Years
  • Thank you for the info. That is lame sauce that i have to own the pokemon for it to count
    sad face
    i will check the trade corners

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2015
    I've yet to see the topic but i need. some help my friend has the john gba lite emulator and i have a myboy how can we trade with each other. Also I've tried downloading a myboy to is phone but his thing doesn't recognize his save progress

HisDudeness

Little Urban Achiever
    Years
  • Noob question here. I bet the answer is already somewhere, but I swear I searched and couldn't understand completely.

The question basically is: how evolving later does not affect stats?

I'll explain better. I know that training a Spearow until level 99 and then letting it evolve into Fearow at level 100 will get you the same stats as evolving the same Spearow at level 20 into Fearow and then growing it until level 100.

But stats at level X are calculated with a formula which involves base stats, and Fearow's base stats are higher than Spearow's. So, Spearow's stats at level 99 are much lower than Fearow's at the same level. Does that mean that, evolving at level 100, Spearow will get a huge stat gain which will fill the gap he had compared to the already evolved Fearow? Will it catch up going from 99 to 100?

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Noob question here. I bet the answer is already somewhere, but I swear I searched and couldn't understand completely.

The question basically is: how evolving later does not affect stats?

I'll explain better. I know that training a Spearow until level 99 and then letting it evolve into Fearow at level 100 will get you the same stats as evolving the same Spearow at level 20 into Fearow and then growing it until level 100.

But stats at level X are calculated with a formula which involves base stats, and Fearow's base stats are higher than Spearow's. So, Spearow's stats at level 99 are much lower than Fearow's at the same level. Does that mean that, evolving at level 100, Spearow will get a huge stat gain which will fill the gap he had compared to the already evolved Fearow? Will it catch up going from 99 to 100?

The reason why evolving a Spearow at level 100 and evolving a Spearow to Fearow at level 20 then leveling it up 100 ends up having the same stat, it's because every Pokémon have a base stat.

Technically it will receive a huge stat gain. But evolving at any level doesn't make any real difference to the Fearow.

The benefit that level 99 Spearow has over those Spearow that evolved at level 20 is receiving boosted Exp. Points. In Gen VI games, if the Pokémon is at or past the level where it would be able to evolve and has not yet, it will receive a boosted Exp. Points.

HisDudeness

Little Urban Achiever
    Years
  • The reason why evolving a Spearow at level 100 and evolving a Spearow to Fearow at level 20 then leveling it up 100 ends up having the same stat, it's because every Pokémon have a base stat.

Technically it will receive a huge stat gain. But evolving at any level doesn't make any real difference to the Fearow.

The benefit that level 99 Spearow has over those Spearow that evolved at level 20 is receiving boosted Exp. Points. In Gen VI games, if the Pokémon is at or past the level where it would be able to evolve and has not yet, it will receive a boosted Exp. Points.
    Thanks for the answer! So, in Generation VI it is no longer the same thing? I mean, stats will remain the same but the evolved Pokémon will grow faster? Or will it grow at the same speed, and the boosted exp is to compensate the fact that maybe Fearow needs more exp to go from level X to X+1 than Spearow?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back