• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Lugia or Ho-oh?

Lugia or Ho-oh?

• Lugia

Votes: 120 69.4%
  • Ho-oh

Votes: 53 30.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritzz

Bazinga
Years
  • Ho-oh gets destroyed by rock moves, but I still wub him. <3

I've gotten Lugia sooo many times. I'd like to get Ho-oh every now and then.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Lugia ! I like its double-type, and it's really strong.
    Ho-oh and it are two majestic Pokémons, but I prefer it, it has something else than Ho-oh, something better.

Last edited:

Mr

Just call me Mister
    Years
  • I have to say Ho-oh. I used to prefer Lugia, but I was never able to get Ho-oh. Now I'm starting to get used to its looks. I think it looks pretty cool. Rock types may pose a threat, but that's why you carry around 6 Pokemon! ^,^

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Lugia most definitely. I'm mostly definitely going to try and catch Lugia when I've finished HG/SS for the second time. Plus the following sprite is just the cutest, accompanying a deadly moveset ^^;

Magica

Miss Magic
    Years
  • I'm in the minority, but I greatly prefer Ho-oh. Phoenixes are my favorite mythical animal and Ho-oh is just really elegant and powerful looking. Plus it was the first legendary to appear in the anime and still doesn't have a movie.

I like all the mythology it seems to have in the games too, even having its own tower and the power to resurrect the beasts. Not all legendaries have that kind of power, clearly.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • Lugia.
    Better design, better attacks, better back-story. (Movie-wise, of course.)

Ash's Infernape

Pokémon Protector
    Years
  • I'll go with Lugia, the beast has great attacks. Whenever i use Ho-Oh, i always lose. Granted, Ho-Oh has Sacred fire, better design, overratedness... But Lugia is far more better choice.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
    Years
  • I prefer Lugia way more than the rainbow turkey, but that's just my opinion. However, Lugia is the guardian of the sea, but it isn't water type. I wonder why the makers of Pokemon did that.

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • I'm in the minority, but I greatly prefer Ho-oh. Phoenixes are my favorite mythical animal and Ho-oh is just really elegant and powerful looking. Plus it was the first legendary to appear in the anime and still doesn't have a movie.

I like all the mythology it seems to have in the games too, even having its own tower and the power to resurrect the beasts. Not all legendaries have that kind of power, clearly.

Lugia had a tower, but it burned down :(

I like Lugia, Very pretty looking, and very powerful. I'm not entirely sure what the move is called, but when he fires that beam of eneragy at the ship, that was pretty cool.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Personally I think Ho-oh is better suited to HG/SS old Japanese theme, in addition to be a much more flashy looking pokemon. I personally really like the idea of a flying legendary pokemon, instead of a swimming one. But I am playing SoulSilver and voted for Lugia instead :)

ShinySandra

Pokémon Cool Trainer
    Years
  • Lugia have always liked Lugia better than Ho-oh but I still like Ho-oh. But I've liked Lugia since the movie Pokémon 2000. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I love Lugia forever. Lugia is my favourite legendary, the cutest one and it even had its own film :D (The power of one :revelation Lugia) ( got postcards in a shop while I was on holiday in demark and they had postcards from before the films were released or the G/S games :D)

Ho-oh meh I didnt like hooh at first and it didnt help that I only got it at level 70 either ;)

Years
  • Although i got HG i prefer Lugia, mainly because it reminds me of Pokemon 2000 which was the first Pokemon movie i saw and also because it reminds me of Lugia's song, which is such a chilled song :)

JY

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    Ho-oh! I've always loved her, because she's rainbow and fabulous!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back