• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Lugia or Ho-oh?

Lugia or Ho-oh?

• Lugia

Votes: 120 69.4%
  • Ho-oh

Votes: 53 30.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxRivina_hearts_Dewgongxx

H E L L O ^____^ !!!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 1, 2013
I like both Lugia and Ho-oh but if I had to pick my all time favorite, definitely would have to be Lugia! I've always liked it since the Pokemon 2000 movie (:

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Lugia was the first one that I knew about so I'm a little biased. I remember how awesome I thought it was as a kid and I ended up getting Silver just so I can catch it.

XxDark_WriterXx

Writer of the Dark Arts
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2012
Lugia, since it had its own movie and i think it has an advantage over Ho-oh due to its attack pools

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I have heart gold but I still like Lugia more. I used to have silver as my first game and I LOVED the movie 2000: The Power of One. Ho-oh can burn its way through most situations but throw a Golem at it and it's all over.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
I'd have to say Ho-oh. I've always loved the look of it and I love fire types. There's something about Lugia that I just don't like but I can't put my finger on it.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
I like both. Though I like Lugia a little more, I'm glad you can catch both in the games because they are both cool.

Souji Seta

내가 제일 잘 나가
Years
I'm all for Lugia. Mainly because he's party Psychic. It also has a better back-story in my opinion that makes it more intriguing (movie wise, of course). It makes use of great attacks and stats as well. I have sort of a bias for it as well...

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
I prefer Lugia since it has quite a few attributes of a Water-type Pokemon. Lugia's appearance appeals to me more, and it doesn't have the flaw in having a x4 weakness to another type. Not to mention it was the mascot of Silver/Soulsilver, which I preferred over Gold/Heartgold. :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2014
I think i prefer Ho-oH more just because its more offense oriented than Lugia who is just....i dunno a little drab (guess thats because Ho-oH's a fire type). In terms of design both look cool to me.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
Years
Lugia is my choice even though the reason why I chose Soul Silver was Houndour xD
Ho-Oh looks like a giant chicken. I don't like colorful giant chickens.

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 29, 2012
Well I'm a psychic and dragon only pokemon type of guy; so i'm inclined to go with Lugia over Ho-Oh.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Lugia. I like it's shiny colors. That's pretty much it. ;3

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
For some reason, I greatly prefer Ho-oh. I guess it's due to my love for Fire type Pokemon, but Ho-oh also influenced my decision of either HG or SS. And also, I really love it's back story, and the trio "assigned" to it is, IMO, miles ahead the bird trio from Gen I.

That's not saying Lugia sucks. He's also really awesome, but Ho-oh tops him for me.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
Years
Ho-oh of course! Although ho-oh is kinda left in the rain without dat Aeroblast. Lugia has mostly better moves but looks-wise Ho-oh is the bomb. Ho-oh also looks a lot nicer shiny than lugia does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back