• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Lugia or Ho-oh?

Lugia or Ho-oh?

• Lugia

Votes: 120 69.4%
  • Ho-oh

Votes: 53 30.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    It may be nostalgia I've always liked Lugia more even though I think Ho-oh is better in game.

D2

Experiment
    Years
  • I'm not really into either one, I prefer third generation's legendarys.

Anyways, Lugia, because trading it will get you better stuff than trading Ho-Oh.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • My first ever Pokemon Game was Silver, so I will always prefer Lugia. Besides that, I find that Lugia is the only legendary Pokemon I've ever actually wanted to keep in my team and train. I find that with Aeroblast, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam and Psychic, it's a brilliant tool for powering through the Elite Four. As much as I love fire types, Ho-oh never really cut the mustard for me. Also, it looks kinda creepy.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I prefer Lugia more. I aways have, Ive always seen Ho-oh as being kind of weird for some reason. Lugia is pretty much the reason I started playing Pokemon anyway.

User19sq

I prefer Ho-Oh over Lugia. It seems a bit more symbolic in comparison. That, and it has a great battle theme in HG and SS.

Cyprium

Maître de la Terre
    Years
  • I've preferred Ho-Oh ever since I was a kid and had Gold. I have nothing against Lugia and I like the both of them, but I've always identified more with the mascot of Gold and Heart Gold. I guess it's because I adored Ecruteak and the stories surrounding Ho-Oh.

Years
  • I've always like Lugia, probably because I have SoulSilver and normal Silver. I still get Ho-oh but I never use him. Having said that I never use either of them but Lugia looks cooler!

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • Ho-Oh since it's very powerful and it has a lot of powers none of the other legendary Pokemon of the time used to have - such as reviving dead Pokemon in the form of new legends.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2015
    lugia seems more "offensive" if you like. ho-oh seems to use a lot of stat changer's which isn't really how i play...

Years
  • When I first saw both of them, I thought Lugia was Water-Flying and Ho-oh was Fire-Flying.
    So, because I like Water types, I said Lugia was cooler.
    Then when I realised it was a Psychic-Flying Pokemon, I thought it didn't make much sense and decided to go with Ho-oh instead.
    And I still think the same.

Theta Rex

Euclid
    Years
  • Always had a personal preference for Lugia myself, though that could be because Silver was my initial choice over Gold and I must have played it christ knows how many times through before giving Gold a shot.

Ho-Oh is also pretty cool in my opinion, for similar reasons to why I favored Moltres over the other two birds, but I guess Lugia's overall appearance and my experience with him cuts deeper.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I choose Lugia because of its majesticness, because of its role in Movie 2, the mystery behing the Whirl Islands, the fact that I've owned three copies of SoulSilver, and because of the titlescreen animation in the original Silver version. Even though the only Generation II game I've actually owned and played was Gold version, I still pick Lugia :3.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Ugh, I love them both too much to decide. I'm a sucker for rainbows, so I think Ho-Oh's multicoloured design is just awesome, while Lugia's sleek, dragon-like appearance also appeals to me. Lugia's typing and movepool are intriguing, but I prefer Ho-Oh's more offensively-orientated stat distribution.

If I had to choose, though, I'd pick Ho-Oh, since it's the one I'd most likely use based on its stats.

Years
  • I always used to prefer Lugia cause Ho-Oh reminded me too much of Moltres (one of my all time favourite pokémon) but actually I think I prefer Ho-Oh now lol xD To be honest, I do really like them both - I think it's the only Gen I can say that about :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I got HeartGold so I preferred Ho-Oh over Lugia. However when I caught Lugia, I got obsessed with it. So my vote goes to Lugia! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back