• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2008] Pokémon: rijonAdventures

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2009
Where can i get strength and where is the 7th gym ?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
Spoiler:
thank you i found everything

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2009
hey i really would like to play this version the 09 beta, on my ds. i can play the chrismas 08 beta but thats was and ips patch. the 09 is a ups patch and it doesn't work, just wondered if you could release an ips and a ups version of new patches? thanks

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2009
oh it was the november beta that was ips.

i read the readme, patched the ups to the rom but ups the final patched rom by ups is twice as big as the original rom( 32mb's), and freezes at the gameboy screen on my ezflash 4. but the ips november version worked and was only 16mb's.

have u got any ideas?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2010
i will help you vbag error code 000001 you must flash 128k >> reset game is you will save normal :))

how am i suppose to do that? i believe that the default settings of VBAG is flash 128k. maybe we need to insert a text file like in GPsp? HELP PLS anyone

in the application folder, i found a file named VBAG.cfg ---> maybe this is the configuration file?

Last edited:
Years
Hi, i'm playing your hack with my phone nokia n70 and when i want to save it says unable to save i looked your official website but i couldnt find a solution for my phone can u help me please and alson i cant find HM03 and fifth gym. Can someone help me???

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Awesome hack Haraken, very much deserving of HOTY. Plus, the fact that I found a Shiny Zubat in Silk Path is nice too :D

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Hooray :D I feel special now XD First shiny found in the game perhaps? So I hope...

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2010
Hooray :D I feel special now XD First shiny found in the game perhaps? So I hope...
Nope, I found a shiny Chansey :P.
But I already deleted my game because I want to play it as a whole when it's finished.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2019
I don't see how this hack made the hack of the year. It looks just like a text, sprite, and map hack. And what's with getting Eevee and the fossils so quickly? Overall, this hack isn't so interesting so far. If I'm wrong, would you mind correcting me? Also, what scripts make this game so special? I'd have to say, I love the battle window as green, it suits it better. The hack is so lacking, and the scripts are so similar to FR. I'm gonna keep playing it til I find something that marks its individuality. And, what's with the same starters, I thought HOTY would mean something. Overall, I'm really dissapointed...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I have now finished off the Elite 4 (Not to mention finding Raikou in the grass on my way there, Premier Balls are awesome :)), I must say this is definitely HOTY for me. Overall amazing, can't wait for the next beta to emerge.

HentaiHentai

Banned
Years
If you don't use save states, then yes, you will be able to transfer your save file over.

And, because it's sorta needed because of some of the glitches people have gotten:

2009 beta
January 12th 2009
How was Christmas and the New Year? Was it fine? I've got something new for the New Year, too.

This release is more of an incremental thing. It fixes a few bugs that people have encountered, but it also adds the updated Merson Cave map I showed off earlier. Give it a whirl if you'd like!

Hello, well I have more of a question on this.
Btw, this hack so far is pretty good. Im playing it on my PSP and Ive actually sat for a 5hrs playing it. Anyways onto my question. Im using the x-Mas release and since the game cannot save via the ROM method Im using save states. Im quite far into the game. Is there no way I can use my save state? Normally, when Im hacking in my game I would take my character to a map that would not be affected by the new material being edited, if I saved state my char in char's bedroom would that work?

Wow, if you read that thank you. Keep up the good work. I would like to visit Johto sometime :)

Edit: I read that post up a bit, I agree i have seen some similarities, i have also noticed what appears to me to be the exact same as Nintendo's FR scripts for the rival? For instance when heading to Bill's place you meet rival on bridge well his script (movements, etc) are identical, most of the rivals scripts appear to me to be the exact same. Dont get me wrong this hack is worth playing def. worth playing. Oh! and the music? What tracks are different. I may not have been paying attention but I cant tell whats new....

Sorry, for the little rant. Awsome Hack thus Far.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2019
Oh dear; did you set your expectations a bit too high? The starters of Kanto are the starters of Rijon until Coolboyman explicitly changes them in Brown. Let's see now. The ability to get Eevee so early is something already set in stone because that's where the same building is positioned in Brown. Same case with the fossils.

I find myself stuffing more content in the end, anyway. Stuff may seem "similar", but more often they're just copies of the original Pokémon formula; gym leaders of course have similar scripts. With FireRed, you're talking about a game that's pretty devoid of full-on scripting anyway (which isn't the case with Ruby and Sapphire, and Emerald) so making comparisons might be a bit over one's head.

No less, I appreciate the idea that you'll continue playing, and I don't disagree with your criticisms to a limited extent. (Oh, and turn the volume up as you play.)
Heh, I think I might have put my expectations up, but being awarded with something that prestigous is an honor. SO far, I'm stuck on the grass gym, I'm suprised with the Sceptile, it owned me so hard :l

And when you compared the other hacks, I guess your kinda right. But that still doesn't explain the similar scripts, is there any Shinou pokemon or Shinou moves, or perhaps any special legendary scripts? I'm still gonna try to keep playing. Nice job with HotY

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2010
Heh, I think I might have put my expectations up, but being awarded with something that prestigous is an honor. SO far, I'm stuck on the grass gym, I'm suprised with the Sceptile, it owned me so hard :l

i beat sceptile with my lvl 32 aerodactyl .. :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2010
you dont need to beat the grass gym yet go on to the next one and then go back thats what i did .

Years
Hi i couldnt see someone in the fifth gym and also i cant find the hm04. U said it was in the hayward city a man looking for his cam but i couldnt find that man too CAn someone help me??

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2010
Hi i couldnt see someone in the fifth gym and also i cant find the hm04. U said it was in the hayward city a man looking for his cam but i couldnt find that man too CAn someone help me??

you cant see someone in the fifth gym beacuse everyone is hiding :D

Back