• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Haha, you guys do whatever you see fit with the Water starter. I always felt stumped when it came to the final evolution because I couldn't see what to do with it other than make it more opulent, which it really doesn't need, imo. So if you guys think it's best as something else, scrap it and give it a shot. :) No hard feelings.

But I'm open to suggestions if anyone has an idea for where to take the design so I can actually draw the final evolution!

Also, Sunny, I always saved the images, resized them, uploaded them through my Photobucket account and there was never an issue. It should work fine for you too. n_n

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Been a while since I've posted here. Congrats Sunfished and good luck with the project, I know you will do a good job running this. I hope I get my enthusiasm with drawing soon so I can help you guys out, but in the mean time I know you guys will do great. :)

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Ah, welcome back Beef!

@Alexial
Oh, haha
Well, the water starter has a sort of regal look, so why not make it look really majestic and royal looking? Like it's feather on its head can turn into a crown.

Here's a bug thing:

It's sorta based on a pill bug or something

Name: Millipill
Type: Bug/Rock
Ability: Sturdy/Shell-Out*
*Whenever hit by a Critical-hit, this Pokemon's defense increases sharply.
Dex: Millipill have shells crafted out of the same rock material as Dwebble. They are also most commonly found near Dwebble, as a Millipill's arms are too weak to cut rocks.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Since most of the overly-large pictures are mine (curse you phone), I can certainly resize them on my own photobucket account~
(I would try spriting, but . . . that would be a mess. Pfft)

Okay, I'm going to give myself the goal to . . . type up the info for at least three pokemon this week. Let's see if I can get that done. Depends on how bored I get and if I have time. Pfft (Well, I always have time. I'm just laaaaazy.)

And . . . what should we do about thinking up things for the Region itself? Hmm?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
The region...

I honestly think that we should have developed the region alongside the 'mons. Developing both at the same time would open up more possiblities and ideas for Pokemon we can design, and in turn can help map/region idea guys to come up with topography and such.

But, I'm not really good at maps, and sorta only payed half attention to when you guys made the map in the main post. If anyone wants to continue the region design, go right ahead. We kinda slowed down on the drawings and such anyway, so if working on the region sounds fun for you guys, go right ahead and give it your all!

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Ello! Been awhile since I contributed anything here... Was honestly hoping to complete an evolution for the grass-type fakemon I posted ages back, buuuut, it seems all I've got time for at the moment is recoloring sprites. Namely recoloring them into shinies :U

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It took me awhile to decide what this one should look like as a shiny. I just couldn't decide on a color for the darker areas -w- I was going to do it orange, but that looked terrible, so I finally settled on purple.
Spoiler:

Oh, I also fixed the Shiny recoloring I did of the ghost Eevee. As Alexial had pointed out, the reflections on the fur needed to be more green.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Those look pretty awesome Fortworth, great job. I might do a design tonight, Poison type sounds good.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Ah, welcome back from your slumber, Beef!

And sorry for the lack of updates, as I was ill over the last few days.

I've got a few evolutions to some existing 'mons that needed them, and I'm taking the liberty to redo the Slenderman fake thing that seemed too spooky for everyone. I'll start posting them one by one over the course of the week, to keep this place updated every now and then!

Off-topic: So, who's getting X and/or Y?

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
It seems I won't be able to make that fakemon, my brother did something to the computer now it doesn't work. I'm stuck using the Ipod until gets fixed.

Off-Topic: I am getting it but not on release, probably a month later.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
We-ell, looks like we've got quite a lot of things to do! For starters, like Sunfished said, let's add evolutions/revamp old evolutions of Pokémon!

For example, I think this design here can be a Pinsir pre-evolution. What do you guys think?

IMG_0896.jpg

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I think the person who did that said it was an Evolution of Pinsir. Either way I think it could look great if somebody colored it. I gotta ask guys, are these fakemon all suppose to be sprite or are you guys looking for a mix of both?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
BeefTaco, our main aim is to get the designs complete and have artworks holding all our Pokédex Fakemon, but however, some people (like me) have their talents inclined more towards the spriting side. So I'm trying to get a equalizer between both by trying out spriting every design, whether it has a good artwork for it or not.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Okay guys, update time!

Also, I'm planning to remove the legendary that looks like a dolphin with legs.
Thoughts?

The manticore thing at least can be revised, compared to it.

I'm also really bad at spriting, most evident with my attempt at the grass starter :/
The most I can contribute is concept art, and probably some information for some.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Just saying now that Delphox makes my Delcrofet somewhat pointless, as they're both the Oracle at Delphi.

Of course Kalos ended up having a Greek theme (even though it's France?) when we centered our fakedex around Greece! Lol

Also, my updates might not be . . . well, I have a decent amount of homework, certain shows to watch and games to play (and be uber excited for), as well as rehearsals for my school play, so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to work on updates for all of this.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Okay guys, update time!

Also, I'm planning to remove the legendary that looks like a dolphin with legs.
Thoughts?
That thing's still up there? I'd only made that as like, a really really really terrible and barely thought out idea... Thought it would've been removed ages ago. Same for the "manticore thing" as you so splendidly put it XD The only one I really did anything with was the Cerberus.

Years
There was a drawing of this on the front page so I made a sprite for it. Didn't know what to color it so I just used the existing colors from an actual Pokemon sprite.

2eltmi9.png

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
@Nakuzami
lol, at least your telling us in honesty, instead of using the "I was sick" exscuse,(which I have to admit I did...)

@Fortworth
The cerberus is still a splendid idea, which is partly the reason why I removed my hydra :P
I have a feeling the manticore could be expanded upon, kind of add a sort of "pizazz" that could set it apart from the rest.

@Scarf
Great spritework :D
The colors are great for an atom. Maybe someone could make a shiny variant that resembles a known element's atom?
I'll add your sprite in shortly!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Hey Sunfished, about the dolphin with legs:

Leave that slot empty as a "Poseidon Incarnate". That was meant for a "Poseidon Fakemon" along with the griffin with a mane and the three-headed monster. However, I agree that design isn't exactly... top-notch, you may say, but we'll need a replacer for it.

@Scarf Amazing art. I was figuring how one would make that into a sprite, looks like you went ahead and did it.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I've got some interesting thought:

Why not use the water dragon legendary as Poseidon's incarnate?
It sorta fits the theme quite well, and right now it has no dex entry!

And, Beef's bird can be Dark/Fire, and be like a drawing that happened to come to life, burning things that tried to burn the original drawing.

The Manticore can be Ground/Flying, and should be redesigned into a manticore and a gryphon. It can be sort of a deity worshipped in ancient egypt or something that helped build the pyramids, or something :P

And then, we can have some sort of tree ent, that is Grass/Something.

Together, they can represent Water, Fire, Air, and Earth!
And then we can have a cute Fairy representing Love, because I had to fit a Captain Planet reference in here somehow :D

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
So suddenly A&D's most popular thread falls down. Along with the bump, a belated yes to Sunfished idea on having the water dragon legendary as the Poseidon incarnate.

Back