• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
if i read correctly, someone wanted me to re-do some older designs..? ill give it a shot sometime.

anyway, heres another fakemon design!

last time i tried drawing in the pokemon art style, it didnt come out so well. but ive been practicing more and more.

Spoiler:
posted on my tumblr first

i cannot write well, so whenever anyone wants, you may come up with something.

i dont think this pokemon would have any evolutions. i want it to be some kind of rare pseudo legendary pokemon.

Prompt : A very manipulative pokemon.

That thing's head is freaking me out.
If you look into the area on the neck where that red cross emerges, can you see inside the thing's body or what? 'Cause that's what it seems like and it's really really weird.
Not to say the design isn't good. It's great, actually! It's just . . . weirding me out. >.>; Mainly the area around the cross. Maybe I'm satanic or something, I dunno.

I think that thing should be a Psychic/Fairy type. Can we give it a head? At least an ethereal one? Pfft

Also: Magpie pokemon (unedited): http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums...Pokedex/BapyeTufpyeandCrespye_zpse6b01e04.jpg

I sketched out some other things in school today. The divine form of Sorciel and a pre-evo and Mega-evo for Delcrofet.

Speaking on which, has anyone considered doing Mega-evos yet?

EDIT: I made a tally of how many pokemon of each type we currently have. This includes dual-types, and includes extra forms of a pokemon if one of those forms has a different type, and in which case only the different type is counted.

Spoiler:

Mind you, this does not include multiple pokemon that have not yet confirmed a second type (but have a confirmed base type), pokemon that are pictured but not listed, pokemon posted since the last update of the main post, legendaries, uncatalogued/personal pokemon, and multiple pokemon that I repeatedly mentioned but never posted

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Ehh...we shouldn't really jump into Mega-Evos yet.

Imagine you made some really awesome concept, only for an official one to be made in place of yours.

Now, I wouldn't say to not do them, just keep that mental thought that maybe I might have to remove it if GameFreak decides to make one.

I'll go ahead and post all your links!

And Muani's newest one doesn't really need a head, because I think we can let it be the Dream Pokemon. It would be a legendary, and it would sorta be just some creepy thing you would encounter in your dreams. The cool part is that it doesn't look like the first thing you would hug, but it also looks like some sort of "guardian". It just watches you in your dreams, never interacting with you.

If you played the game Yume Nikki, Muani's Pokemon gives off the feel that the game has: sorta mysterious, and adamant even, but it exists to just observe inside your dreams.

Nakuzami

Years
Well, we could always start doing mega evos for our original fakemon?

And, basically the antithesis to Darkrai? Cool . . . I . . . I want to write the details for that now, pfft! . . . But it's "head" is still weirding me out, lol.

Okay, I'll see what I can do. d:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Well, we could always start doing mega evos for our original fakemon?

And, basically the antithesis to Darkrai? Cool . . . I . . . I want to write the details for that now, pfft! . . . But it's "head" is still weirding me out, lol.

Okay, I'll see what I can do. d:

Oh yeah... literally forgot about OUR Fakes. lol. I think I have brain problems...

Maybe, have a sort of sphere replacing the head? But still retaining the cross mark, because in dreams a face is never the same face you see. Or you know, the cross is the real pokemon, and the cat body merely shapeshifts into our ambitions, and in our current, modern world, is cats :P

I'm working on a snail right now. Bug/Rock.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
@Sunfished
With all this action bustling in again, I fear we are losing direction. How about you open individual assignments again? Like, some people work on new fakes and some update the old ones?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
This is perhaps the only AnD thing I haven't involved myself. :p Mind if I contribute a bit from time to time? I can see people being given tasks and such but can I work independently? I mean, I'm not exactly free and would love it if I could draw things at my own pace.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Dero you can do whatever you want. :p This is pretty much just a fun project, so if you come up with something cool than just draw it however/whenever you want. We usually only give out suggestions or tasks when people want to draw but don't know what or how it'll add to the dex.

Sunny, add Dero to the list of contributors. As former mod of A&D he deserves an obligatory mention in this project. lol no jk don't add him yet Sunny. He's going to have to submit an entree and work for it like everyone else.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Haha, I'm not gonna force anyone to follow individual assignments. They're there to serve as a reminder as what that person's good at :P

@Nakuzami
Wow, I looked back and saw that you made a tally system. I'll just go ahead and steal that chart from you and add it to the main post.

@Hoenn
If I add in individual assignments, they'll most likely be there to remind someone of what they forgot to do, or what they seem to excel at.
You, for example, have a great knack for coming up with info for Pokemon!

Now, just to let y'all know, I find it allowable for anyone to update or vote on removing a particular Fakemon, but only if it hasn't been truly "finished". The one that looks like a Farfetch'd for example, looks as if it is just a mere idea. It has potential though, so it's up to you guys to decide if we should remove some fakes that aren't really "there yet".

I'll also add in the chart of types that Nakuzami has managed to create. Through this, you can tell which types don't need anymore input :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
I have decided to draw a new fake on, it once was my favourite one I made and now it's gonna make a new appearance. Get ready for Paleot, Palestar and Paleoking!!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I vote for this design to be considered for removal.
2013-06-04230237_zps82e09eab.jpg

It isn't much special, but I just thought about the fact that Muani made a better design of a feline creature.

This one too:
7314_610408685650975_1435715374_n.jpg

Once again, following a very basic sketch, so it'd most probably fit as a Normal type. It's uncatalogued, so consider it.
I'm not saying these should be removed, just saying consider it.

Cataloging this family.
dXTgwQ9.png

(first)
Name: Multob
Type: Grass
Ability: Sap Sipper/Harvest
Classification: The Grass Pad Pokémon
Gender Ratio:
male.gif
50%
female.gif
50%
Flavour Text: Pokédex I - Multob are usually living below potted plants and grow on them. They are never found away from civilization.
Pokédex II - They tend to live close to towns and cities. They grow on the surface where plants are planted and feed on their nutrients.
Evolution: Multob -> Botanot (starting from level 23)-> Chrystany (via trade)
Base Stats: HP: 50
Attack: 40
Defense: 40
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 30

(second)
Name: Botanot
Type: Grass/Water
Ability: Sap Sipper/Harvest
Classification: The Aqua Pot Pokémon
Gender Ratio:
male.gif
50%
female.gif
50%
Flavour Text: Pokédex I - They are often mistaken for potted plants. Flowers often bloom on their grassy surface.
Pokédex II - Often mistaken for potted plants, Botanot are sturdy Pokémon that grow up to the height of a human.
Base Stats: HP: 100
Attack: 47
Defense: 63
Special Attack: 75
Special Defense: 100
Speed: 45

(third)
Name: Chrystany
Type: Grass/Water
Ability: Clear Body
Classification: The Hardy Pot Pokémon
Gender Ratio:
male.gif
50%
female.gif

Flavour Text: Pokédex I - Often found to protect people, they are very sturdy and can withstand very strong forces.
Pokédex II - These Pokémon are known to protect people from falling off heights. They are very strong and protective.
Base Stats: HP: 120
Attack: 60
Defense: 110
Special Attack: 80
Special Defense: 120
Speed: 60

With this addition, I think we can close Grass types as well. There's enough Pokémon over in there.

Nakuzami

Years
I vote for this design to be considered for removal.
Spoiler:

It isn't much special, but I just thought about the fact that Muani made a better design of a feline creature.

I agree that Muani's feline pokémon is much better, but there is one difference: mine is meant to be a Normal-Type Eeveelution. I seeeeeeeriously need to fix its head, though. I've tried, but I can't get it right. I don't know why; I've done Eeveelutions in the past and they came out fine.

If someone wants to submit a better version, though, be my guest. I'm not very proud of this one, anyways. @_@;

I'm in a bit of an artsy mood right now, at least when it comes to writing, so I'll see if I can do some stuff to contribute. Otherwise I'd just try working on one of my fanfictions or roleplays.

@Sunfished - Lol, you're welcome. But just remember: there are some inaccuracies on it, due to the organization/unfinished-ness of some of the pokémon. Though, it shouldn't be too far off.

EDIT: Oh oh oh oh
I noticed that you have Sorciel categorized under the Ghost-type
I just wanted to fix that: it's a Dark/Fairy type. It's basically a rival to Furvia. (It also has a second form that I have yet to perfect, like Furvia)

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Beep beep
update time!

Also, I will always update the main post around this time, give or take an hour or so.

@Hoenn
See, your like a god at giving them neat little info!
Oh, but was it intentional for it to lose Sap Sipper/Harvest on it's final form?

@Nakuzami
Oh, gotcha. I kinda forgot what type your gave it, so my instinct came first :P

Like Hoenn voted, I say we remove the no-armed dog thing, and let the Normal-Eevee evo to stay and see if anyone can get a decent update to its design.
Also, I'm removing my blue dragon thing in the uncatalogued. It looked like a Salamence with 3 heads :D

Nakuzami

Years
Oh gosh, I think I really like the idea of this pokémon now.
I hope this all makes sense?

Spoiler:

• Name: Oneirox (Oneiro + Nox or Fox)
  • Type: Fairy
  • Ability: Dreamer
    • This pokémon and its teammates recover 1/4 of their maximum health when sleeping.
  • Classification: the Dream Pokémon
  • Gender Ratio:
    male.gif
    0%
    female.gif
    0%
  • Flavor Text
    • In the long forgotten worlds of the Dreamscapes, it is said that a lone Pokémon remains to guard the lands that humans once cherished so. This creature is said to be a manifestation of the dreams of people and pokémon, and is the only being that can freely enter and leave the Dreamscapes at will. It maintains the role of being both the ruler and guardian of the Dreamscapes, and it is believed that it visits the dreams of the worthy to grant them a glimpse of the Dreamscapes.

Sightings of this creature have been few and far between, and, due to its nature of usually appearing only in dreams, it has long been written off as a fable. Rarely has a sighting of this creature been recorded outside of a dream. It has long been debated if such a creature even exists, and many have questioned why it chooses to almost never manifest in the lands of reality.

According to an etching found on an ancient altar that speaks of the Dreamscapes, the creature is a pokémon known as Oneirox. It was once hailed as a god of dreams, and it has been foretold that the pokémon will eventually return to restore the connection between the Dreamscapes and Reality. It is claimed that this will only happen when a worthy hero walks to the Dream Gates with a certain item in hand, summoning Oneirox to this world and binding its will to the hero.

"A fleeting sight in dreams long lost,
      A creature of the fabled cross,
      Left to guard an empty palace
      From all those with hearts of malice.

Awaiting the arrival of the one,
      A hero borne from darkened son,
      Carrying the eternal gleam;
      Keeper of the final seam.

Child of the mighty Iris,
      Reunite with the higher conscious,
      For in its virtue lays the secret,
      Lost among the poisoned banquet.

Transcending those consumed by avarice,
      Swiftly strike with a heart of justice
      To free those taken by his apprentice.
      "​
  • Base Stats
    • HP: 70
    • Attack: 125
    • Defense: 90
    • Special Attack: 125
    • Special Defense: 90
    • Speed: 100

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
GOSH, FREAKING, ASODJAPISBHFPIQHEPI:SDNQPI!

Wow, Nakuzami, you really went all out on that one!

You know what, since you put some neat effort into the description, the name, and overall just keeping to the fun, I'm going to make a whole new section dedicated to the lore of our legendaries, in which this one right here will be the first. You've got a great deal with words, and the little poem was just epic!

Edit:
Ehh, I'll just leave it as is. The magnitude of it wouldn't be the same if I put it somewhere else :P

Also guys, I've closed the Grass and Flying types now.

Last edited:

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
aaaAAAAAHFGKJHUTKHRTNRJ

thank you so much! im so, so in love with the writing you came up with! ;w;

Nakuzami

Years
GOSH, FREAKING, ASODJAPISBHFPIQHEPI:SDNQPI!

Wow, Nakuzami, you really went all out on that one!

You know what, since you put some neat effort into the description, the name, and overall just keeping to the fun, I'm going to make a whole new section dedicated to the lore of our legendaries, in which this one right here will be the first. You've got a great deal with words, and the little poem was just epic!

Edit:
Ehh, I'll just leave it as is. The magnitude of it wouldn't be the same if I put it somewhere else :P

Also guys, I've closed the Grass and Flying types now.

I take it that that means you guys think I did well? xD

Thanks! I enjoyed writing it, and now I really want to write some sort of story that centers around Oneirox asdfghjkl;

As a Fantasy Novelist is what I aspire to be, I try my best with such things. :3

And, lol, maybe you can add that section once the dex is complete? As, at that point, we could totally give the OP an insane makeover and make it look like a beautifully intense pokédex~! asdfghjkl;

Let's see if I can't do just as well on some other pokémon descriptions? It's always more interesting with legendaries, because then you can make them sound unrealistically epic, but it's still quite possible to write cool things for other pokémon. d:

(PC keeps breaking on me, so it took this post, like, an extra twenty minutes to go through. Pfft)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
@Nakuzami
Now I know how to "put our art into words". That's quite a fine link you picked for that guy :O

@Sunfished
Good to know that flying is closed too. Maybe after all the other types get considerably higher in number we can reopen them again? Just a thought.

Someone should have said it was an Eeveelution D: at least, add up some info... I think I'll try updating that one too :3

Yep, let's keep this Pokédex Makeover thing in mind then, shall we? The only problem is that we need more "standards" for our art, some of them are sprites, some of them are sketches, some are unfinished drawings and some are digital art. Some of them (like sprites) are small and easy to view, some of them are humongous and you'd have wished you didn't open up that type category spoiler. I think Sunfished can open his magic wand and put all the larger pictures in spoilers? It would save a lot of trouble.

Considering that... yeah. I think we should constantly add new stuff about the Dex, as we did with the Region Map (I horribly failed to put one up so that's a minus for me) and new items thingy. And of course, it's all on the hands of freaking awesome Nakuzami type work.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
If noone really cares, I can shrink all of the really big ones, but then the link will have to be changed so instead I will host the picture. The biggest I really reccomend is about 700x700 or smaller. It still keeps the quality, but will be small enough to not lag the page.

Oh, and the Water Starter was never completed! I think we should just use the one that we labeled as a fossil? It would keep with the regalia theme!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
The water starter was made by Alexial xD
I really liked the progress into it, maybe give some more time for Alexial to come back and finish it.

Yeah, that will be a good thing to do as well, and there are a few broken pic around the dex, maybe fix them?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Okay bros, I've taken up this opportunity of boredum and am taking the time to resize the ridiculously large pictures. Max dimensions are gonna be 500px tall, and about 700-ish px wide.

Since I'm doing so, it would mean I'll be hosting the shrunkified pics, within my personal Photobucket account. These will be the following:

Squiddle and Hunquid
Kriderias
Teurrox
Sorciel
Tufpye line

If you guys oblige to me uploading the new versions, feel free to say so. I wouldn't mind. But please provide your shrunk version instead.

I'll do post 2 tommorow.

Last edited:
Back