• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 30-day Song Challenge - Again! [read first post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
The PokéCommunity 30-Day Song Challenge - Again! [read first post]

The PokéCommunity

30-Day Song Challenge!
What on Earth is this?
A game of sorts, but without any winners or losers. Or even any competition. All you have to do is, once a day, post a song in this thread that means something to you. Anything at all? No, not quite. There is a list shown below of categories, one for each day, which you have to pick songs for and explain your choices.

Day 01 - Your favourite song.
Day 02 - Your least favourite song.
Day 03 - A song that makes you happy.
Day 04 - A song that makes you sad.
Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone.
Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere.
Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event.
Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to.
Day 09 - A song that you can dance to.
Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep.
Day 11 - A song from your favourite band.
Day 12 - A song from a band you hate.
Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure.
Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love.
Day 15 - A song that you used to hate but now love.
Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate.
Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio.
Day 18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio.
Day 19 - A song from your favourite album.
Day 20 - A song that you listen to when you're angry.
Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you're happy.
Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you're sad.
Day 23 - A song that you want to play at your wedding.
Day 24 - A song that you want to play at your funeral.
Day 25 - A song that you started liking recently.
Day 26 - A song that you can play on an instrument.
Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play.
Day 28 - A song that makes you feel nostalgic.
Day 29 - A song from your childhood.
Day 30 - Your favourite song at this time last year.

How exciting! How should I post?
In you post, you will need the following:
» The day number and topic.
And by that, I don't mean the date. I mean which day your song applies to - Day 1, Day 14, etc. Not "18th April". The topic for the day is also useful.​
» The name and artist of your chosen song.
Straightforward enough. Provide this information so that if we want to check out your song, we can. Plus it's kinda completely necessary in every way for the challenge.​
» An explanation of why you chose the song.
Absolutely needed. The challenge just isn't interesting and gets very spammy if you can't see people's reasoning.
» {Optional} A YouTube video or sound clip of your song.
Because we're really, really lazy.​

I'm late!
That's fine. Just pick up from today. Feel free to add in days you missed, too, but make sure not to skip ahead of yourself. It's alright to miss days out in the middle as well - just post as and when you want to. But make sure that all of your posts have the song for the day they are being posted on in them!

When does it start and end?
It starts right now. Every day in the challenge will end at 12:00am BST (or whenever I get online to move it on to the next day if I'm asleep at that point...), and the whole thing will end 30 days from now. I know it'd be nicer to use the start of a month and an American timezone but in all honesty I don't really have the patience. Sorry about that!

idgi
Confused or unsure? Send a PM or VM to either Razor Leaf or Mr Cat Dog.

Gogogo!​

~​

Day 1 - Your favourite song.

Noctourniquet - The Mars Volta

I don't have an overall favourite song of all time, but this is my favourite right now. Not completely sure why since at points it can seem to get a bit boring and the drums are actually irritating occasionally. But all pieced together it's one of the better pieces of music I've ever heard and right now it's sat at the top. Mostly down to the second chorus but still! Brilliant song imo.

...and that is how you post. By the way, the

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ I was listening to that and stopped the album right there. I can't seem to get into Noctourniquet at all, and that's a shame because I love The Mars Volta. I really do. I guess it'll take time to grow on me. Anyway...

Day 1 - Favorite Song

Arizona - Kings of Leon
Anyone that knows me knows Kings of Leon is my favorite band. And any regular in C&M has probably seen me say it a million times...but this is my favorite song, always and forever. It makes me a bit sad, so I don't listen to it much, but it still means the world to me. It's amazing how a song can mean so much, but I guess it also has to do with emotional ties. My best friend sent me this song a few years ago...it was the first song I heard by KoL, and it kind of described the story between me and my best friend. Sadly, it still does. Point is, I can't really sum up into words how this song makes me feel and how much I love it. I've never kept a favorite song as long as I have this one. It means something. That's all I could ask for in a favorite song.

There's someone on her shoulder.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024

"Ginga Ichi Mibun Chigai na Kataomoi"
"Unrequited love a station apart in the galaxy"
A Galaxy of Difference: One-Sided Love
Niiyama Shiho as Seiya/Sailor Starfighter

This song, if you look at the lyrics is so beautiful, sad, but beautiful. Yet it keeps an upbeat tone throughout! It talks about true unrequited love, new feelings and questions one mission. It brings up so many feels + it's about my OTP. <3
lyrics for those who care:
Spoiler:

droomph

weeb
Years
Tag 01 - Mein Lieblingslied

I love alllll my songs. So I'll just choose the most favorite one atm.

Voodoo - Bassnectar (Divergent Spectrum, 2011)

I don't know why I like it over all my other songs, but I think it has something to do with my addiction to the lower frequencies. But nonetheless I think it's a wonderful song.

Last edited:

Livewire_

Knight of Three
Years

Ok Day 1 here we go!

While I have many "Favorites", this song has the most plays on my Itunes, so imma go with this one.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Lol @ Kyoko

DAY 1 - Your Favorite Song:
"Shambala" by Three Dog Night

[ythd]UmTx9y7ePTg[/ythd]​

This song is for hippies.
I also like it because it's just so easy-going and has a positive message. In the morning when I get in my car to go somewhere(in the past it was usually work) I would play this and it would get me smiling. It also helped to remind me that I should be nice and kind to everyone I meet, no matter how they are in return to me.
I know it sounds like a song that I should use for another day, like what song makes me happy, but really this song just does so many things for me. I can't think of any better song I could call my favorite song than this one.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Day 1 - Isbells - As Long As It Takes

also: Florence + the Machine - No Light, No Light

I like these songs more than I like all the other songs I have right now, I guess. I don't really know why I like them more, I just do. (´−`) ンー

Day 2 - LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem

I hate LMFAO, and if I could, I'd put their entire discography here. Since is their most popular song, this one gets to be my least favorite! ヽ(#`Д´)ノ

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Day 1. Zeromancer - Gone To Your Head. I've surely talked about this song before at some point but no matter how many times I hear it I can never get tired of it. It's that addictive to me.

Day 2. Justin Bieber - Baby. Do I even need to go into detail about this one.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Oh hey, technically it just became the second day.

DAY 2 - Your Least Favorite Song:
"You Spin Me Right Round (Like a Record)" by Dead or Alive

[ythd]zJv5qLsLYoo[/ythd]​

I hate this song. Hate everything about it, all the way down to that freaky dude singing it.
Not only does it just have annoying lyrics, but it reminds me of an ex I dated for a long time. Before we started dating she would keep singing that song to me as a way of flirting, and GOD it annoyed the hell out of me.
Never told her that, but yeah.

Even once we started dating she would still sing it.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Day 1 - Favorite Song

[Adieu by Enter Shikari]

I have many favorites, but this song is definitely one in many. Enter Shikari is one of my favorite bands, and to be honest, this song is probably one of the reasons why. I love the entire composition, the mood, and the lyrics are just beautiful. I can't even put into words how I feel every time I play this song, and it definitely holds a lot of meaning for me.

I'll post my Day 2 song later since it's only been like four hours since Razor Leaf posted this thread lol. And it's technically still Day 1 for me..
(`・ω・´)ゞ​

Last edited:
Years
Day 1 - Favourite song.

Hatebreed - Destroy Everything

FREAKING DESTROY EVERYTHING, N00BS!

This song is just pure amazing to me. I love how me and my best friend made a personal meme out of it too. We're playing a game or whatever and one of us will say something about destroying everything, like "oh man, he just destroyed everything" and then the other will be like "DESTROY EVERYTHING!!!"

Day 2 - Least favourite song.

Barbie World

It was one of the first things to spring to mind so yeah.

Nihilego

Years
Juuust gonna point out that it is still Day 1 lol. The thread's going by my timezone so there's just under 12 hours left on it. I know. Timezones are really annoying. Etc. But it's just easier for me not to have to Google the time in one of the American timezones every day, and especially when iirc America spans more than one time zone.

I'll be striking out days on the list in the first post so you know when to move onto the next one.

Last edited:

Renyui!

ascender
Years
This was like the first thing that came to mind. I hope I'm not too late

Day 1 - Favourite song

Half Full Glass Of Wine - Tame Impala

I love this song. It's the droning riff, the psychedelic tones, the pulsing bass, pretty much the overall feel of it. I heard it ages ago on the radio, and just dug it so hard. Tame Impala is such a good band.

Years
Day 1 - Favorite Song

Artist: Donald Glover aka 'Childish Gambino'

Simply put, Gambino goes in and his flow is absolutely on point and full of passion. Some of the lyrics in this song are absolutely ridiculous, such as 'clown n****s then I kill em, Gacy Flow'. Not to mention it's a cover of a song that was absolutely fantastic and the remade beat is excellent. Wings by Macklemore is a close 2nd, but Gambino too good.

Years
Doing this.
Day 1: What is your favourite song?
I actually have a lot of favourites, but I'll limit this to one; not necessarily my ALL TIME FAVOURITE, only because I won't know what that is til I'm dead xD

Here's my song of choice:
Find Yourself- John O'Callaghan Feat. Sarah Howells

It's not even really the kind of genre I listen to most often, or even the kind of music I make, but this is just one of my most favourite songs just because. It's essentially some kind of trance, and is an awesome song.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I missed this last time, so let's go =)

Day 1: Your favorite song

Okay this is way too hard to choose and makes me sad. I guess I'll go with Bartender by Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds. First, no one should be surprised it's a Dave song, at all even though Luke will hate me for posting it. But the guitar layering with Dave playing the chords and Tim's pedals and the slide sound amazing. Plus I love the Dave's belting in the beginning and the bridge. The lyrics are pretty nice too.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
I'm a bit late soooo
Spoiler:

Edit: OOPS I DIDN'T SEE THE POST SAYING IT WASN'T THE SECOND DAY YET UH JUST COUNT THIS ONE AS MY SECOND DAY AND I WON'T MAKE ANOTHER POST SORRY
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Nihilego

Years
Aaaaand gonna move this on now!

~​

Domino - Jessie J.

Now this is a weird one. I think it's an ok song tbh but it represents so much that I hate about music - it just sounds like a mashup of ideas and progressions from other well-known songs with a vocalist that sounds way too much like so much other stuff out there slapped on the top with respect to vocals. It's catchy and listenable but there's no real imagination or anything particularly unique or creative here. Just follows the standard ideas for a chart-topper.

This is my least favourite right now anyway. It changes a lot, lol.

droomph

weeb
Years

I hate:

Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5

Are you kidding me. Those aren't lyrics, because when you do lyrics, you DON'T waste two bars singing "oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo", seriously.

Also it's overplayed at my school and I hate every song they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back