• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
Jellicent, an audiophile is a person who won't listen to the real world because it's not in .FLAC compression and will take up too much space on his state-of-the-art MP3 player through his $1000 New-Age experimental headphones that have...

yeah just people who love sound too much.

I think it comes from some sort of OCD or something because I personally like all my songs to be top-notch, even if I can't feel the difference.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I jest about audiophiles but I do respect that some people can hear the difference in quality of audio that others can't. If they won't listen to anything that's not on vinyl because it sounds truest to the original master recording, fair enough. :P It's their money, they can spend it on whatever upgrades they need to listen happily to music.

I am just thankful my ears don't pick up on those kinds of things. I mean, I can tell the difference between my $10 earbuds and my dad's $300 headphones but for casual listening, I'm absolutely fine with my crappy ones. I actually dislike better audio equipment sometimes since I'm so used to bad speakers and whatnot that hearing the extra nuances in songs from the better stuff throws me off a lot and I don't like it as much.

droomph

weeb
Years
But people gotta know that wearing Beats does not make you an instant Dr. Dre.

Also, people who bother you and talk about sound quality obsessively when you wouldn't even care.

Years
Yeah, I can't really tell the difference in audio, so count me out of the audiophile club. However, I do think it's incredibly cool when you listen to a song and hear something you didn't notice before, like all the supporting music that's laying underneath the melody. Oftentimes it's more interesting than the singer's part or the melody. (Take I'll make a man out of you for instance)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
fffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--
I JUST sat on my glasses, my spare isn't the right prescription, and I have work in ten hours. I am so boned.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Jelli you're bad at actually having a conversation in the DCC, lol.

Golurk I love doing that :3 Take a favorite song, ignore the lead guitar and the singer, and focus on the drums or the bass or something like that and it's practically like an entirely new song!

Years
Just wanting to hear my music doesn't make me an audiophile does it? D;

OH GAD GUYS I HEAR THE BASS. IT HAS THE PERFECT TREBLE.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Jelli you're bad at actually having a conversation in the DCC, lol.

Golurk I love doing that :3 Take a favorite song, ignore the lead guitar and the singer, and focus on the drums or the bass or something like that and it's practically like an entirely new song!

I'll have more of a conversation after work tomorrow (if I even make it to work)
As for now, g'night everyone. Sleep tight.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I JUST sat on my glasses, my spare isn't the right prescription, and I have work in ten hours. I am so boned.

Fix them if you can...depends on how bad they were. xD I remember doing the same when I was in high school.. twice. I couldn't wear them, so I was blind until I got a new pair. (like.. three weeks later lol) :(

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I left my glasses at the beach a few weeks back, lol. :(

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
I've only once had a pair of earbuds break on me. The left speaker stopped working. Every other pair just goes missing after a while. I lost my last pair in April and only replaced them over the weekend and it's so nice to have music again! I just buy $10 pairs of Sony earbuds each time I replace them so I don't mind doing it once a year or so. I'm not an audiophile in the slightest so I won't really notice the difference between a $50 set and my cheapie ones. :P

I know earbuds suck for sound quality... and I don't even have the better "in-ear" ones (I did for the last month and didn't use them much at all because they don't fit my ears xD)... but they're my favourite for ease of use, because I can still hear my surroundings with them, and they're easier to store than over/around-ear phones.

Every single pair of headphones I've ever owned have done that sldkfjsdfls. The left speaker always goes out! Granted, the ones I'm using now are fantastic but they're big clonking honking ones fml

OHGOD HONEY OVERNIGHT THEM TO ME I'LL FIX THEM can you, like, not see without them? I know I can't see without mine, everything's just one big blurry mess.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I have a gigantic collection of free earbuds I steal off in all my bus/train trips XD They are like "free earbuds if you want to watch the movie!", and I always take a handful to have spares for the entire year XD

Years
I've only once had a pair of earbuds break on me. The left speaker stopped working. Every other pair just goes missing after a while. I lost my last pair in April and only replaced them over the weekend and it's so nice to have music again! I just buy $10 pairs of Sony earbuds each time I replace them so I don't mind doing it once a year or so. I'm not an audiophile in the slightest so I won't really notice the difference between a $50 set and my cheapie ones. :P

I know earbuds suck for sound quality... and I don't even have the better "in-ear" ones (I did for the last month and didn't use them much at all because they don't fit my ears xD)... but they're my favourite for ease of use, because I can still hear my surroundings with them, and they're easier to store than over/around-ear phones.

I have some crappy Sony ones too. I don't like bringing expensive headphones around with me, so I just use in ear ones. I have some smexy Sennheiser DJ headphones at mine for when I am doing sound editing; best quality ever.​

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
I have a gigantic collection of free earbuds I steal off in all my bus/train trips XD They are like "free earbuds if you want to watch the movie!", and I always take a handful to have spares for the entire year XD

HOWWWW DO YOU USE EARBUDS. they hurt my little ears so much fml. I've only ever been able to use in-ear and over the ear headphones.

Currently using these

s4c56b.jpg

and yeaaaaaah big honking clonking things. They're great though, they make everything sound fantastic.

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I really really hate them haha. I feel I just look ridiculous in them and they just seem really inconvenient to me - you can't just stick them in your pocket or whatever when you go somewhere and you stand out like hell, as Fabio and Mattysaurus said, when you use them. I mean maybe they'd be ok exclusively for home use but for me... nooooooo.

Years
Haha. You clearly stress about if your hair is out of place, you need to re do- oh wait that is me! XD

I don't wear them outside though, they look MASSIVE on me! XD​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back