• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Dragons' Plight (OOC/SU) (M)

Crystin

Master of Swords
Years
Here's my form ~

Spoiler:

*sees font* Brb gonna go change it :D

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
YAAY! I did a sign-up sheet and it's a thing.

Spoiler:

Oh, and also, roughly how big are dragons, generally, compared with humans?

Last edited:
Years
My apologies, Challenger. But, yes. It's fine~

As for the general size of dragons, it really varies. Though, most are typically around the height of a two-story house, though they can be taller or shorter.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
I believe you didn't answer my question, if you don't mind. Can my character have a slightly-more-than-reasonable amount of swords?

Because seven swords is totally only "slightly" more than reasonable. :P

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Just wondering, how are you going to prevent having "powerhouses" in your RP? Or are they okay?

Cause there don't seem to be a limit to how powerful the abilities/powers can be.

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
I worry less about power; more about how they manage it. (Colony and I actually encourage being creative and super-powerful in some way for people signing up to Vale.) Someone could turn a normal human with minimal telekinesis into total crap, just like they can turn an insanely powerful dragon with the power to fire beams of searing death out of his butt into total crap.

Lincoln said it best: "If you want to test a man's character, give him power."

And that's my unnecessary quote of the day. :3

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I've decided to go with two big weapons, since I couldn't find seven swords I actually liked :p I'll finish up my personality and history tomorrow. So far there's a lack of Dragon Slayers, so I'm going with the tank xD Is it okay if I use Buster Blade?

Dragonslayer:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
@Challenger - Yeah, i's fine c:

@Genesis - My rules when it comes to powers aren't really strict, though a character may be powerful, as long as they don't go around OHKOing everyone, then they're fine c:

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
Was going to post my SU tonight but my keyboard is acting really weird, so I'll have to do it tomorrow!

Years
@Mortalis - It's fine c: Take your time~

@WooliestSteam1 - Of course you can reserve a Dragon Slayer :3

Aaaaand, woops. Everyone's who's submitted a complete form is accepted xD

Last edited:

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Awesome!

I almost have mines done actually. I'm considering cutting the history a bit, it's mighty long xD

[EDIT]: SU is complete.

Last edited:

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
And there we go, my first SU in like a year. If there's anything that needs changing don't hesitate to contact me.

Also sorry about the crazy length of the history. I got a bit carried away but I also wanted to go in depth with the character and really explain his roots. :)

[EDIT]: Okay after some reading on here, I can see that the katanas are perhaps causing some trouble. It seems to be both due to the fact that the blade itself is from feudal Japan and with some research and reading on here I was able to see that the katana is a much weaker blade than other swords from different regions. I want to keep everyone happy and not break anyone's immersion within the RP so I've decided to swap the katanas for two falchion swords. The falchion sword is a one-handed, single-edged sword of European origin. I will include a picture at the bottom to show what they look like.

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #96C7EB; background: transparent url('http://l.rgbimg.com/cache1nCF6A/users/w/we/weirdvis/600/mh1AXVI.jpg'); padding: 15px; border: solid; border-color: #000000; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; width: 500px;"]

Aster Raleigh

Name: Aster Raleigh

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Face: Underneath the helmet that Aster wears into battle is a young, fresh faced 23 year old. Aster's hair is a light shade of red and unkempt most of the time. His beard is slightly longer than the average stubble and eyes are a dark shade of green. He has a good smile and sports a small scar just beside his left eye.

History:
Spoiler:

Personality: Aster is mostly a cheerful and happy person when his mind isn't on dragons, his home or his parents. He loves meeting new people and gaining new friends and will always be up for a good laugh with them. Whilst he may be a cheerful and jolly person, Aster is incredibly nervous and not very forthcoming with information about himself towards people he doesn't know/trust. Spending most of his childhood years working and his older teen years training, Aster has never been around very many people of his age and sometimes finds it awkward and nerve wreaking to talk to new people, especially girls his age. That said, if Aster has a job or task to complete he becomes a different person entirely, his mind is focused on the task at hand. He becomes serious and focused until the mission/task is over. Once over he returns to his usual happy cheery self. He also somewhat doubts his ability and usefulness to the slayers at times, believing that he is not needed and that because he is the new one that he is unqualified and useless. Deep inside him the flame of revenge burns strong, he loathes the dragon that killed his parents and will do everything in his power to find it, kill it and avenge his parents.

Powers/Abilities: Aster is capable of using Cryokinesis, an ability which allows him to freeze objects and manipulate ice and snow. For example, he can create objects of ice in his hands and proceed to use them as a weapon, he can also freeze water if the water is cold enough. Whilst Aster can spawn weapons using ice, freezing water can only be performed if the water is cold enough. Aster also possesses the trait of being an excellent blacksmith thanks to his father. He can repair broken swords and/or forge new ones.

Weapon(s)
:
Spoiler:

Aster carries two falchion swords on his back, one sheathed on each side of his shoulder as well as an old tomahawk by his side.

Other: N/A
[/div]​

Last edited:

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
Primordas

Spoiler:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Incomplete SU

Name: Mia Randall

Appearance: (Description or pic is fine~)

History: (Be detailed, please. Be sure to explaine why they want to slay dragons c: )

Personality: (Be detailed. I want to know what your character acts like~)

Powers/Abilities: (This is where you put what magical abilities your character has, if they have any. Are they able to control fire? Are they a mage or necromancer?)

Weapon(s): (Does your character use a weapon? If so, what kind of weapon(s) do they use? Remember that this is a medieval roleplay, so weapons such as guns, etc. aren't allowed :p)

Other: (Put anything else that you'd like to add here~)

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Weapon(s): Aster carries two katana swords on his back, one sheathed on each side of his shoulder as well as an old tomahawk by his side.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm imposing or otherwise offensive, but I'm just wondering why someone in a medieval setting would be carrying a Feudal Japanese weapon (a katana, too; the naginata's a thousand times more awesome) instead of a zweihänder, longsword or pike or something. >_>

Last edited:
Back