• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Dragons' Plight (OOC/SU) (M)

Years
Dragons' Plight
IC Thread

Prologue

Outside, snow fell down from the sky slowly, covering the ground in a white blanket. The church bells rang as a wedding was about to begin. Today was supposed to be the happiest day of Asliana's life… The day that the young woman married the man of her dreams, Alexander Marshall.

The young woman took a deep breath, and started to walk down the aisle, heading towards her soon-to-be husband and the pastor who would be wedding them. Her father also stood at the front next to Alexander. Asliana's face was covered by a veil, and her white dress moved ever so slightly as she slowly walked down the aisle. She stopped next to Alexander, both facing the pastor as he began the ceremony.

Alexander turned to face Asliana, taking her hands in his as they finished their wedding vows. "Do you, Alexander Marshall, take Asliana Halle as your lawfully wedded wife?" the pastor asked, looking directly at the groom.

Alexander smiled, looking directly at Asliana. "I d-" But, before he could finish, a loud sound could be heard outside. Almost as if something heavy had fallen from the sky near the church. Then, within seconds, a gaping hole was ripped in the church's ceiling by large, black claws. Asliana's eyes widened as she turned around to see a large, red dragon staring directly at her and Alexander. She was frozen in fear as the dragon reached for her, but she was pushed back by Alexander just before the dragon could grab her. But, he not only saved the young bride… He also gave his life to save hers.

Asliana watched, frozen in fear as the dragon's claws wrapped around Alexander and lifted him up out of the church. She watched in terror as the man that she was to marry was torn to shreds. The only sound she made was a scream as guards dragged her away from the scene, her eyes swelling with tears.

---------------

Asliana took a deep breath and glanced back at those she had convinced to work with her to complete her goal, her long, black hair being blown by the wind. Her gaze was then directed to the cave that the group had gathered in front of. A fire could be seen illuminating the cave from the back. Silently, Aliana stepped inside to see the dragon that resided there sleeping. She gave a quick nod to those who were with her, and lightning began to crackle in her hands.

Almost as quickly as the spark formed, she launched it at the dragon, awakening it. As the dragon woke, Asliana unsheathed her sword and pointed it at the dragon. "Prepare to meet your true fate, vile creature," she said, glaring at the dragon before her.

The dragon pushed himself to his feet, and glared at the group of Dragon Slayers. Seeing the hostility in the way they stood and looked at him, the dragon sighed. "You lot don't know wha-" Before he could finish, Asliana had already launched another charge of electricity at him.

With that, a battle between them broke out. After a long, and seemingly impossible battle, Asliana made the final blow on the dragon, slaying him then and there. As she did so, a look of determination entered her gaze. Any doubts she had about doing this disappeared… All of her hard work over the past couple of years had not gone to waste, and she knew from then on, she would be able to accomplish her goal, which was to seek out, and kill, the dragon that had caused her so much pain and misery over the years, as well as kill any other dragon that stood in her path...

Plot Summary

This roleplay takes place in Medieval times, in a land where magic, dragons, etc. exists. In this time, a group of dragon slayers has risen to remove the, what they think to be, vile creatures known as dragons from the world. With the first dragon having been slain, news has traveled quickly. As such, a small group of dragons has come together to track down and stop these dragon slayers, though will they be able to stop them in a semi-peaceful manner? Or will an unavoidable fight break out? With both parties almost assured to meet eventually, it's only a matter of time until the fate of the dragons is decided...

Setting

The roleplay takes place in a Medieval setting, in a world filled with magical creatures, magic, and much more. The climate of the land that this roleplay takes place in, which is called Havenedge, depends on where you're located. The more northern regions are covered in mountains, ice, and snow. The rivers that flow through this region are almost always frozen. The ocean in the northern regions is home to several glaciers, and the ocean is often times hazarded with ice, even in the summer, spring, and autumn.

The more southern regions are warmer, though it occasionally snows in the winter. The land is bordered with sandy beaches, and fishing is much more common when you're closer to the coast. Several temperate forests are located in this region, which are filled with deer, and other game to be hunted. The land is also dotted with several lakes, rivers, and farms.

The Northern Region is home to the city of Snow Grotto in the northwest near the coast. This city's economy is focused on what is caught in the region's freezing ocean. Aeroshill is located in the northeast, near one of Havenedge's many mountain ranges. This city's economy is based off of the mines, which are underneath, and inside the mountains which surround the city.

The Southern Region holds the city of Sandymont, which is located along the southern coast, towards the center. This city's economy is based on fishing and trading with other lands. The city of Crossbere is located beyond one of the Southern Regions' many forests, and is located more to the southeast. This city's economy is focused around the farms that surround the city, and hunting in the near-by forest.

The capital city, Earthbriar, is located in the center of Havenedge. Though it's chillier than the Southern Region, it's not quite as cold as the Northern Region. Earthbriar's economy is based on tourism, as several people visit the capitol city each day. This city is also home to several wealthy people, including the King and Queen, which watch over Havenedge as a whole. Several farms also surround the city.

Havenedge is also dotted with several villages, who's economy's are based off of whatever city they are closest to.

Rules

1. Follow all of the rules of the Roleplaying Corner, and the PokeCommunity Forums.

2. Romance is allowed, and is actually encouraged. Just remember to keep things PG-13 :p

3. A Dragon Slayer does not necessarily have to hate all dragons, just be sure to give them a fairly good reason for being a Dragon Slayer c:

4. All dragons have the ability to transform into a human form, which can be quite useful at certain points of the roleplay.

5. No 'neutral' characters will be accepted. Though neutrals can add to the plot of the story sometimes, other times they just distract from the main plot, which isn't something that we want to to do all that often. Though, it is fine if a character decides to break away from their main group for a while later on in the rp.

6. No characters like the following:
- A human who wishes to stop the Dragon Slayers and help the Dragons.
- A Dragon who wishes to help the Dragon Slayers for whatever reason.

Though character like this may be interesting, it would be, all around, be rather difficult to pull off. Especially the second one.

7. Though, don't be fooled by the last rule, though I won't be accepting characters like that right off the bat, as the rp progresses, a character betraying their faction will be allowed, as it'll cause drama between characters, which can be quite fun to roleplay~

8. Feel free to create as many characters as you feel that you can handle, though I don't want anyone pushing themselves to make the most characters :p

9. Please be reasonable with character deaths. If a character takes a fatal wound, then there's a high chance that they will die. Though, remember that you can always create another character to replace them c:

Character Application

Dragon Slayer

Name: (First and last)
Appearance: (Description or pic is fine~)
History: (Be detailed, please. Be sure to explaine why they want to slay dragons c: )
Personality: (Be detailed. I want to know what your character acts like~)
Powers/Abilities: (This is where you put what magical abilities your character has, if they have any. Are they able to control fire? Are they a mage or necromancer?)
Weapon(s): (Does your character use a weapon? If so, what kind of weapon(s) do they use? Remember that this is a medieval roleplay, so weapons such as guns, etc. aren't allowed :p)
Other: (Put anything else that you'd like to add here~)

Dragon

Name: (If the name has any specific meaning to it, you can also put it here in parenthesis~)
Age: (Remember that these are dragons, so it'd be reasonable for them to be really old. I won't put any limits on their age, but keep it reasonable.)
Appearance in dragon form: (This is where you describe what they look like as a dragon. Pictures are also allowed.)
Appearance in human form: (This is where you describe how the appear as a human. Pictures are also allowed.)
History: (Tell me a little bit about their history. Any large problems that they may have had?)
Personality: (Tell me how your character acts~)
Powers/Abilities: (Tell me what element that your dragon has control has control over, and give some examples of what they can do. Your character doesn't have to breath fire unless you want them to~)
Other: (Anything that I forgot to add that you want to mention? Put it here~)

My Characters

Asliana
Spoiler:

Arima
Spoiler:

Accepted Characters

Dragons
Quinn - Songbird
Zerachiel - Yamagi Sosuke
Alaerth - Sir Bastian
Animus Careo - True Epicness
Primordas - Mortalis

Dragon Slayers
Emma Hitomi - Crystin
Aster Raleigh - WooliestSteam1

Last edited:

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
I finished my dragon. Like Yammy, I wasn't particularly aware of most of the setting's geography and history, so I made up a lot of stuff.

Yeah, probably gonna make a slayer at some point; I'll put it below Quinn if it's ever finished.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Years
A few questions before I start developing my character:
a) are the appearances/breeds/species of the dragons we make limited in any way? i.e. do they have to be winged dragons? Do they have to be completely reptilian?(can they have fur or beastly features?) Do they have to be four-legged?
b) What kind of limits are there on magic? Does it have to be based on certain elements? Can telekinesis/telepathy fit into this magic?

I'll reserve a dragon here too

Name: Kermoy
Age: (Remember that these are dragons, so it'd be reasonable for them to be really old. I won't put any limits on their age, but keep it reasonable.)
Appearance in dragon form: (This is where you describe what they look like as a dragon. Pictures are also allowed.)
Appearance in human form: (This is where you describe how the appear as a human. Pictures are also allowed.)
History: (Tell me a little bit about their history. Any large problems that they may have had?)
Personality: (Tell me how your character acts~)
Powers/Abilities: (Tell me what element that your dragon has control has control over, and give some examples of what they can do. Your character doesn't have to breath fire unless you want them to~)
Other: (Anything that I forgot to add that you want to mention? Put it here~)

Last edited:

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
[OOC= I made this Dragon. Wasn't too sure about the exact history of the world this is set in so I winged it a little. Let me know if something bothers you and I'll get right on it.]

Dragon

Name: Zerachiel | Zera (Command Of God)
Appearance in dragon form:
Spoiler:
Appearance in human form:
Spoiler:

History: Worshiped in the southern region as a God, Zerachiel had been considered the guardian deity of the sun. With solar blasts and gleaming talons he protected the small villages -that would later be known as Sandymont and Crossbere- from other dragons and warborn people for over fifty thousand years. Over the centuries he had begun to realize that his subjects were changing. With new religions speaking tales of immortal man, he begin to realize they were losing appreciation for him. So he left and let time erase his memory from their minds and war consume their lives.

Over his two hundred millenniums on this planet, Zerachiel had observed a few truths that seem undeniable. The first was that humanity was a doomed raced of insecure, irrational, and cowardly fools. The second was that they despised what they could not reach, whether that be another's truth or another's strength. And the final and the most he despised was that they would go to cruel measures to quell that fear that dwells inside of their spineless bodies.

For the last four centuries of his life he was tortured by the descendants of the people that had once worshiped him. He allowed himself to be caught by the humans in order for him to observe what all dragons spoke of. Being the oddity that it was of course many dragons advised him not to do it. Telling him that they would torment him until they got the secrets of his power.

Every few decades he would ask the human Kings or Queens about their reasons behind his imprisonment, trying to get into their minds. He realized that as a whole their race was selfish but every couple of generations a kind ruler would be born. It was too bad that these rare chances could never change the course of their fates. Recently he has grown enraged, hearing of the humans forming a faction called the Dragon Slayers. He couldn't stand for such a thing and since hearing of their existence he has broken out of his shackles from Crossbere Castle.

Free from Crossbere, he longs to do something about the 'The Dragon Slayers'. Unable to accept the slaying of his bretheren and incapable of seeing hope for the humans, Zerachiel can only see one outcome...Bloodshed.

Personality: Zerachiel is, at his core, more than anything else, empathetic. He tried to understand the cursed history between the dragons and humans by allowing himself to be captured. But was only reassured of their instinctive hatred by his observations. He is usually very calm and collected but has been known to grow passionate during times of battles of war. When he believes his path is right, Zerachiel can become blind by his devotion and end up falling for a false truth. Regardless of that though, he is a seeker of it and will eventually find it.

Powers/Abilities: Unattributed, Zerachiel is a rare case to dragons. He has the ability to take energy from the sun and meld it in the way he sees fit. He can form powerful barriers that can protect him from elemental damage, where as his scales defend from physical. He can shoot out large blasts of solar beams from his jaws, beams that make average flames look cool and blue. These beams are capable of barreling through the earth and is as large as voyage ships.

His most powerful ability is to strengthen the heat of the sun in the area that he's currently in. Making it hard for those not use to the intense heat to operate right. He absorbs solar energy from his scales, soaking up the energy that normal dragons would have to feed for. During the night however he must hunt to conserve the reservoir of solar energy. It would be a waste if a battle was to come and he'd have no power to use.

In his human form he is noticeably stronger and quicker than normal humans. His body does not tire when the rays of the sun are on him nor does he need food. His skin is just as durable as his scales as well. He has the power to manipulate weaker barriers around him that can protect from elemental attacks. He usually utilizes his solar powers as six white orbs. These orbs sear through most materials and can shoot thin beams that has only a fraction of the power of his dragon blasts. Though, their still formidable.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
This... looks REALLY interesting! I think I'm gonna give a shot at writing up an SU when I get home from work later on. Save me a Dragon spot, please? :D

Oh, quick question though, if a dragon changes into human form, will they be naked, or will they be wearing the clothes they wore when they transformed? I mean, it'd be really annoying having to go and find clothes every time you transformed, but it all depends on what mythos this is based on :3

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I want in on this, and I want in on this bad. Please let me sign up! Would it be okay if my character is the, "Holy crap does that guy have seven swords?!" character?

Dragonslayer
Name: William Powell

Appearance: (Description or pic is fine~)

History: (Be detailed, please. Be sure to explaine why they want to slay dragons c: )

Personality: (Be detailed. I want to know what your character acts like~)

Powers/Abilities: (This is where you put what magical abilities your character has, if they have any. Are they able to control fire? Are they a mage or necromancer?)

Weapon(s): (Does your character use a weapon? If so, what kind of weapon(s) do they use? Remember that this is a medieval roleplay, so weapons such as guns, etc. aren't allowed :p)
Other: (Put anything else that you'd like to add here~)

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Heyyo! I'm working on an SU, though I think I have a few questions. I'm all in with Cooper's and SB's questions, like where does a dragon's human form stand on armour and weapons, too? Another thing with age, is Arima considered old for a dragon? I mean, 500,000 years is a pretty long time :P Also, how big are dragons in this, relative to humans? Also (yeah, I keep editing this) I'm just assuming that humans and dragons can understand each other. In human and dragon form, or just human?

Still, expect an SU soon, this looks to be fun :)

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Just a bit of info for my SU before it's done, so no one'll nick my ideas XD

My dragon's going to be very young, probably around the 500's. He'll have control over lightning and I have a couple ideas for that as well.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Quick question for everyone, do you guys think I should take out the immensely strong part even in human form? I'm having conflicting issues with that one.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Hmh... I'm planning on letting my guy still able to manipulate lightning in human form, if only as a fraction of when he's a dragon, so maybe if he's just marginally stronger and faster than most humans, rather than immensely, it could work in my opinion!

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
I was planning on my character (dragon, just saying) having some power in human form, too. Mainly just strength, though with maybe some minor retention of his more magical powers. I was planning on him having taken a little more effort in looking after his human form than most other dragons. Still, all depends on GM verdict :S Don't know why I felt like sneeze was appropriate. Gonna roll with it anyhow.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
So It looks to me like the Dragons are capable of deciding what they take with them to their human forms ( all up to the GM of course) But it seems that way, no matter how minor it is.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
And here we go! My SU is complete! Let me know if there's something I need to change or anything :3

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #96C7EB; padding: 15px; border: solid; border-color: #000000; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; width: 552px;"]

Alaerth | The SU

Name: Alaerth (Lightning Storm)

Appearance in dragon form: This is pretty much him as a dragon, minus the hook-like ends of his wings, which are a lot smaller. He goes have the jagged edges on his wings and the spikes on his tail and down his back though.
Spoiler:

Appearance in human form: When Alaerth turns into his human form, he looks to be around his early twenties with a very youthful appearance. He has short, light, blueish hair which is naturally slightly spiky at the back of his neck, as well as somewhat slicked back in front, with a couple of bangs/tufts mainly pointing up and a little back. He prefers to wear a light but still fitting set of black trousers with a whiteish blue, loose shirt to match his hair, with a dark-brown, sleeveless vest pulled over it, which he either leaves open or has buttoned up, depending on his mood. He also usually carries the one and a half handed sword he… 'acquired' early on in his life at his side in its sheath, attached to the belt holding his trousers up.

History: Alaerth remembers being brought up for a few years and taught the basics for surviving; Hunting, fighting, etcetera. However, he has no recollection of any sort of mother or father figure, and whenever he tries to think back to when he was little, his memory goes somewhat foggy. So these days, he simply doesn't bother trying to think of the past, only focusing on the present and the future.

He grew up in the eastern part of Havenedge, at the foot of one of the mountain ranges, in a very large forest. He has a small cave at the bottom of one of these mountains, with a small overlook across the forest across the horizon, while also being somewhat shielded by the large, but wide-spread trees growing both at the foot and slightly up alongside the mountainside.

Having always recalled being alone, Alaerth learned the hard way how to hunt and fight as he grew up, having had run-ins with all manner of creatures when he was still smaller, such as a dire boar or the like. Slowly, his power and skills grew, his aerial skills more than anything, and very early on, he discovered his affinity with lightning. This resulted in some very charged and burned trees, but he worked hard on controlling his power, and while still being far from mastering it, he has a good grasp of it.

A village lies on the opposite side of the forest, about half an hour's flight to the west. He's never had any run-ins with the humans living there, as he suspects that nobody even knows of him, since he tends to keep to himself around the mountains and the eastern edge of the forest. Several times, he's made trips into the village as a human, however, having managed to steal a few things such as clothes, some food and even a sword for him to practice with during some of his spare time.

Not minding humans at all, and actually finding them rather interesting creatures, Alaerth was not happy to find out that there were a band of dragon hunters out to hunt his kind. Not having actually spoken to many dragons, he still cared for his kin, not to mention himself, and as such, has decided to do what he can to stop the attack on his race at any means necessary, although he'd clearly prefer a more peaceful approach.

Personality: Being very young, Alaerth has a very free-minded spirit, but also very impressionable. He has a lot of respect for the dragons that are much older than him, but at times, he can feel that their ways of thinking are ancient and things could be done better differently, although he often keeps his true opinion to himself.

Unlike most dragons, Alaerth's love isn't for gold, hunting or attacking other races. Although he does have a fondness for shiny trinkets, the thing he adores the most is soaring through the skies. Nothing cheers him up quite as much as the vast openness and quiet of gliding through the clouds and the blue skies, navigating on the winds while throwing away every care in the world. He would give up nearly anything just to be able to continue his flight.

Alaerth also wants to prove himself, both to others and himself, that he's an excellent fighter. He'll often be the first to head into a fight, always looking for a challenge and to further his abilities and skills. Not just as a dragon, but his human form as well. His attitude towards humans is rather lax, not thinking much of them, but not exactly hating them either. He simply prefers the "They leave me alone, I leave them alone" approach, and so far, it's worked out great for him.

Powers/Abilities: Lightning Manipulation. Alaerth is able to spew lightning like other dragons spew fire, either in an uncontrolled, wide cone of randomly zapping bolts, or a more controlled and focused 'beam' of lightning for a few seconds. He's able to generate the same lightning across his body to either deliver electricity-charged attacks, or deliver a devastating counter-attack if he times it right with someone, say, swinging a sword at him. He's also able to create a small field of electricity for a brief moment, to stun whoever might be nearby. This drains his energy quite quickly, however. His control over lightning and electricity has also made him quicker and have a better reaction time than most other dragons.

In his human form, he's still able to manipulate lightning, although on much less of a scale than in his dragon form.

Other: If anyone is ever up for interacting with my guy, on either side of the factions, be sure to let me know. I'd be happy to write up a JP with you and think of some kind of story with you :3
[/div]

Years
Oh wow, lots of questions :o Lemme get to answering them~

First off, it's fine about making up some of the geography, as I planned for this to be a fairly loose and free roleplay where people could make up the names of where they're from, etc.

There's no limits on magic, or how your dragon appears. Serpentine, feathered, etc. are all allowed.

When transforming into human form, dragons will have clothing/armor of your choice c:

Arima is considered to be middle-aged, though it's really all up to the way that you want to perceive things. I mean, some species of dragons could age slower/faster c:

In human form, dragons still have access to their abilities.

Aaand, I'm pretty sure that's all the questions. Let me know if I forgot any xD Also, everyone is accepted/reserved c:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Yay! Thanks for accepting me! Although his name is Alaerth, not just Alerth xP But that's okay.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Don't sweat it. I called him Alberth the first time, so now I'm just calling him Al.

Back