• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#16: What a Croc!

Which crocodilian Pokémon do you prefer?

• Total voters
Years
  • Hey everyone, welcome back for another edition of the Poké-Poll of the Week here in Pokémon Voting Polls! Please make sure that when posting, you're following all PC and PP rules, especially:
    Don't just list- expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon- tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may be deleted, and could be up for a warning or an infraction if it becomes a recurring issue.
    This week, our POTW question was suggested by classiccartoonsftw, who will receive a special emblem for his contribution. If you'd like to receive a special emblem of your own, feel free to VM me or just leave an idea with your post, and if your poll gets used, you'll get the emblem! Anyways, this week's poll question is:

Which family of crocodilian Pokémon do you prefer?

Obviously since there's only 2 choices this week, it's not a multiple choice poll, but let us know why you picked who you did in your post below!

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2016
    I'd have to say krookadiles group because of the dragon type moves and combination of rock types and ground types. Love it.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Totodile's line, since I generally prefer water-types and I used him the most. He isn't too bad in battle either.

rom hunter

tongue-tied
    Years
  • Sandile-Krokorok-Krookodile

Actually I don't like either very much. But if if it is to choose between the two Sandile is a better option because of its useful stats on complete evolution(High Speed-High Attack) and Dark/Ground type combo which gives it two immunities against Psychic as well as electric.

Totodile on the other hand doesn't have that useful stats when it evolves to Feraligatr. -10 HP compared to Krookodile makes a great difference. It may have better defense but not as better considering its speed.

Also IMO Krookodile has got great looks compared to Feraligatr.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I chose Krookodile because he is a beast with Moxie. Sure, the one I used in B2 was actually one of N's Pokemon, so it had very high stats, but I'm sure your average Krook will still kick butt, because they're fast and strong. That, and it also looks very cool. AND, apart from my own, there's also Ash's Krookodile in the anime, who had a great personality, so there's another reason for my choice this week.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • I prefer Feraligatr since it can boost with Dragon Dance and sweep provided the weather is rainy, and also because it looks really good. Would like to mention that Totodile is one of the cutest Pokemon ever.

I've never tried Krookodile in OU, but the one Ash owns is cool.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's definitely got to be Krookodile for me, since it's more viable competitively. Feraligatr is great, though, and I love its design, haha.

Years
  • I actually like Totodile's line, mostly because I prefer Croconaw to any of the three in the Sandile line. Totodile's and Feealigatr is cool too, but I've always really liked Croconaw. Maybe it's due to his appearance in the Celebi movie, haha. All of the Johto starter's middle evolutions are better than their final forms! In terms of competitive battling, Krookodile is superior.

Years
  • This is actually probably the hardest poll for me to choose from in a while haha :) Krookodile was one of the few Unova Pokémon I was really drawn to and was fun for me to use as I don't often choose Ground Pokémon in my teams :) Plus, Moxie was such a cool ability!

Then again, I have a tremendous loyalty towards Feraligatr as it was the highest Pokémon I ever levelled up in my Silver version, plus Totodile as a stand-alone Pokémon is so darn cute!

I think if I take the nostalgia away from Feraligatr I'm leaning slightly more towards Krookodile although it's very hard for me to choose :)

Years
  • I love the Sandile line a lot for their typing and Abilities (Moxie in particular), but Toto line definitely beats them. Back when I was little, I had trouble defeating the Pokemon League in Gold. The first time I did beat it, my starter was Feraligatr. (Given, it didn't help me defeat the Pokemon League.) It was also the first starter of mine to reach level 100, and I loved how powerful it was. Sentimental reasons aside, I also love the designs of the Toto line, and I love their shiny color palettes. (Krookodile's isn't very good, imo.) They also have an amazing Hidden Ability in Sheer Force (sucks that it hasn't been released yet), and iirc their movepool's pretty good. Oh, and who could forget how adorable Ash's Totodile was? <3

tl;dr, Totodile line gets my vote~

Years
  • I voted for the Sandile line, because I think they have a cooler design concept plus more unique typing - Ground/Dark as opposed to Totodile line's pure Water. They also have some really nice abilities, especially Moxie which makes its high Attack even better with every KO they land. Also, who doesn't love the badassery of Ash's Krookodile in the anime? Dem sunglasses though.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • This is a tough one. I've used both in the games but I'm not really into battling so I can't really compare their stats. I like Krookodile's line's designs better but I think Feraligatr's line is more true to being a crocodile. Ash's Totodile had an amazing voice but his Krookodile had those cool shades :P I think I'll go with the Feraligatr family because I'm more familiar with them. They're both good choices imo.

Years
  • I'm only familiar with the Feraligatr family so I voted for them, but I do like Krookodile's name, haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    The Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile line.

I'm weighing it by supposing that I had to make one single team of my absolute favorite pokemon. There's just no chance that Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr would be on it, but there actually is a pretty solid chance that Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile would be on it. So it's my preference between the two.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I've never had a strong affection for Totodile's line whatsoever. Sandile and Krookorok are cool so my vote landed there. Actually, I really like Krookorok. Something went from it to Krookodile but I digress.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    THIS IS THE HARDEST POLL EVER WHYYY BRENDINO WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME

Voting for Krookodile... ugh. Maybe I should've voted for Feraligatr... but before I change my mind, here goes!

I really like Feraligatr's design, 'twas one of the few Johto designs that were a class apart from the originals. Doesn't mean I dislike Feraligatr, though. Apart from those bandages (and the RSE backsprite whutwhut) it's competitive skill is much better than Krookodile imo. Mostly because of the deadly combo of Sheer Force and Life Orb (sucks we can't get one yet, though) and as it has access to many deadly moves. Would also mention Totodile is pretty adorable and was my first option in PMD, but meh.

Krookodile, though, I daresay, has been much more useful for me in-game. Using Moxie and a few class moves he would simply cruise through the toughest trainers. Because of him the entire BW elite four became an exp farm for me. The design is also pretty cool (sunglasses yolo) and Krokorok was really boss with his pose while battling. The combination of Dark and Ground made sure I could cover pretty much all the weaknesses of my team, and he was great at 'dealing with it' XD (sunglasses yolo hint hint)

I prefer Krookodile, in the end, because he is available for the right region. A mega Feraligatr would totally change me mind, though.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I love Croconaw! Cyan and red is one of my favorite combinations. Croconaw has spunk and has a nice design on his stomach imo. However, Feraligatr's design has never appealed to me. Feraligatr looks hefty and aged. I had to soft reset when I first saw my starter evolving into that monster. I never evolved level 75+ Croconaw.

Spr_2c_159.gif
    Spr_2c_160.gif

I also prefer Sandile over its evolutions because it's so cute.

Years
  • I went with Feraligatr's line. It was a hard one but I think that Feraligatr just barely wins. The whole time it was close with them more or less tying in every aspect design, usefulness (Krook might have the edge here really, but dragon dance is beastly) etc.

In the end I'm not entirely sure what pulled me to Fealigatr but it has just always been amongst my favourites.

Back