• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Pokemon Online Battles" Offical Thread

Starting Pokemon "This will help me deside" Select 6 diffrent types plz.

• Charmander

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Growlithe

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Poliwag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Tangela

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Bulbasaur

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Clefairy

• Machop

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Cubone

• Horsea

• Psyduck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vulpix

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Pidgey

• Pikachu

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Electabuzz

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
I Wanted to make a more offical thread for may game so I made this.

Features:
-catch and train all pokemon "Well all of 1-151"
-player vs player battleing "In multiple Modes"
-all normal pokemon items
-chatrooms "every area is like a channel"
-gym battles "and maby the ablitiy to open your own gym?"
-My own brew of attacks

Screen shots:
screenshot02.gif

screenshot03.gif

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Oh, the screens look nice. Does this new thread mean that you want the other one closed?

pokerob

Webmaster of PWL
Years
Wow outstanding!
A good idea is not to make it too like netbattle but make it more like pokemon crater so you start with a starter and then capture pokemon from there.
It would be awsome to see people walking around that are real people and you can press enter on them and choose options for them for instance trade items pokemon or maybe battle training for online competetive battles!

Also id be honoured to help you.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
Yeah you would have an edge over netbattle if you had a working battle system and you could train/trade pokemon

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
Slayer, I read your last post in the old thread. I would really suggest seeking advice about game balance from an experienced battler if you have limited experience with online battling, it sounds like youre headed to an unbalanced metagame which would not be good

pokerob

Webmaster of PWL
Years
The game is going well but i forgot to point out that you should make the resoultion of your pictures and the game by half. Otherwise it looks a tad bit messy.

Heres another idea - choose what your trainer looks like! We dont all want to look like off the hoeen region heroes or the kanto male & Female do we? Nope so how about adding apperance feature! Over 80 different looks and i could do the charsets for you no problem. Also when your in chat room make a picture of what you look like and underneath saying "profile" this allows to see how many games you have won/lossed Also show what pokemon you have and your pokemon on you at the moment. Make it so you can right click on peoples names and view their profiles!

cursed - I doubt that he should do that until his game is on version 1.0 then maybe he can think of more good looking things such as that cursed.
Also slayer your game has made me think if you want to host your game on my websites? I dont mind this game being the main feature as the site is mainly like a forum and community...
The link to my site is on my signature ;) Please message here if your interested! :)

pokerob

Webmaster of PWL
Years
Instead of Pallet town why not have named servers? Such as
Rookie Dome (Highest pokemon is 30 or less)
Battle Tent (Highest Pokemon is 50 or less)
Unknown Sanctuary (Highest pokemon is 75 or less)
Battle Tower (Highest Pokemon is 100 or less)
Master Arena (Only lvl 100 pokemon teams allowed)

You can have like 5 rookie servers, 4 battle tents, 3unknowns, 2 battle towers and one Master Arena.
This is a ood idea to split up people from fighting against people are way too higher then them.

Another idea - Training Worlds as servers that you walk around on like in ruby and sapphire but you can see real people lvling up too! Have the whole of Kanto,Johto & Hoeen servers! These are places to raise and catch pokemon.

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
Update:GUI

Okay im getting the idea you guys dont understand what im going for heres so ill give you some examples of some games that have a interfaces like mine, and also clear some stuff up.

there will be no moving around in a town or a world with 2D sprites. there are good reasons for this:
A-Visual Basic/Winstock are not good at handeling it.
B-Thats not what my game is focused on.
C-Ive made games like that before and I did not like what I got out of the amount of work it takes to make a 2D world.
D-I hate lag! "2D games offten lag I dont want mine to."

Dont worry I got a system to catch wild pokemon and battle gym leaders.
If you wanna see a game like mine as far as the interface gose get "GunBound" its a great game.

Someone said customized tranners and I say Yes!
Cus I wanted to do that anyway but i dont have graphics for it but when i get some I will Put that in too.

If anyone has seen "Gaia Online" and wants to make a basic male and female tranner body and cloths,hair,eyes ect... Plz make them and as long as thay look as good as the gamebod advanced games and work as well as "Gaia Online" I promise I will put them in the game but remeber I can only use one set cus it has to be setup to ware you can take off and put on diffrent cloths.

Ill post another screen shot tomarow.

P.S. I do need help making this game baleanced. I got the base stats for all the pokemon assuming that it was the stats for LVL-1 pokemon but like on my gba game got like Higher LVL pokemon that have less then what the internet says is there base stats and i also don understand the way your skill increase every lvl yet cus it seem on the GBA game i get a diffrent number of max att or anyother state added at each level someone who knows how the inner workings of the game work plz tell me or link me to a site that will tell me all of this thanks.

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
Update:Servers

Okay im goint to explain how the servers/towns will be setup in my game.
there will be ten servers for you to battle in. each server is intended fo a diffrent level range of pokemon and 8 of them will have badges for you to earn to get to the next one. Each server will also have diffrent Wild Pokemon for you to catch. all wild pokemon will have a level range of 1-10. I dont want ppl catching a wild lvl 50 pokemon and getting out of raiseing it. this is how ther servers will be setup

Server__________LVL__________Req
Pallet town 1-5 Start Here
Pewter City 5-10 Win 10 battles
Cerulean City 10-20 1 Badges
Vermilion City 20-30 2 Badges
Celadon City 30-40 3 Badges
Saffron City 40-50 4 Badges
Fuchsia City 50-60 5 Badges
Cinnabar Island 60-70 6 Badges
Viridian City 70-80 7 Badges
Indigo Plateau 90-100 8 Badges

Hope this clears things up.

P.S: Sorry I messed up the poll you should have been able to select multiple pokemon. :(

pokerob

Webmaster of PWL
Years
smart idea and yes i have played gunbound.
Then your going to be on the same lines as netbattle your being like a competetion against it and your basis is exactly the same but involves badges and lvling up.
Nice idea with the servers though.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
Slayer, I have a pretty good working knowlegde on game balance if you have any questions just pm me Ill get that for you ;)

pokerob

Webmaster of PWL
Years
Yeah i was wondering if i could help you with making the game looking better in appearence.
I can make icons and buttons for you.

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
Update:server

I just wanted to let everyone know that the server will be up befor the alpha mostlikey and I will post a client to chat on it but not play yet. However the alpha will comeout soon but theres is a limeted amount of ppl that can perticipate in it and its frist come first serv unless you have programming experiance, that puts you ahead in line.

Chat client release:this up coming week if not sooner

Aplha Test:Two weeks from today atmost

I will post a way to sign up for the alpha soon.

Back