• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
I can't let this game not be bumped! This game is looking great. When is the demo coming out?

Klingon

Banned
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007
I like this; has some interesting things.
Not much bad about it :)
Good going dude~

Sk8torchic

Pokéman-half Torchic
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 29, 2013
Can I get a demo. Also, I'm not sure if anyone asked, what are the Light Type Match-Ups.
This looks AWESOME (but those AREN'T the ONLY Pokémon available, right?)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Is this thread dead it hasn't been updated for a long time.
Er... It's not dead, it's just not that active, that doesn't mean that there are no updates. I guess FKO is just preparing for a big update at one time, or he's just really busy with more important subjects. Either way, try not to rush anyone.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
Ugh...it WILL be finished. It's not that we don't care, it's that we have lives off of the internet. We all have school, work, and/or family. We can't commit 100% of our time to it. You can't say it won't get finished since it happens for any Pokémon fan game. The demo was set back to difficulties and once again, our lives (like Esmas said.)

Spazzup

umm
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 9, 2008
Well yeah I understand all that, I really do, but 1 year+ is a little long for a demo don't you think?
Not really actually, though I guess it depends on the size of the game. Keep in mind that they remade the game a few months ago and since then many issues have came up. Be patient.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
I think that it's never going to be released!
What kind of support is that!? It usually takes about a month for a demo, but don't you know what demo means? "Demonstration", and if you think about it, having a 1-year long work means a better demonstration, and the better the demonstration the better the complete game. Please give more support to him, and he has more important things to do (e.g., work, real-life things). I give 100% support to you, FKO!

Years
Generally a game demo is released with the intention of being a presentation of an upcoming game or a recently released game.
The intention is to help consumers decide on whether to get the full version of the game after playing the demo.

So when it comes to, the Acanthite team has no obligation to release a demo at this time, just because you want one. If they want to, they can wait until a month or two before the full version to release one if they so desire.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
I agree with Avatar, having a Demo isn't just to get the attention of the customers, though, it is to let them have a taste of the full version before it is released.

The makers/owners/staff of the game have a choice of when they wish to release their project, that means it can be released in the next 10 years if they want to. I'm not saying they are, but it is improbable that it will be released in the next day or week or so.

Let's just say it will be released in over 2 months, at the least. (I'm guessing, here.)

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
OK, OK whatever, I got really care about all that, i'm just asking for a demo. I think that if they released a demo right now it'd still be awesome. As for support, I support them I was just stating that it has been a year. Before anyone what's to argue any more, I'll tell you that I am not going to argue with you.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Let me clear this. A game isn't just about demos or betas or that kinda stuff, you've got to think about the content like maps, sprites, storyline and that. That's the stuff that makes a game what it is ;)

And of course, this probably is one of the best fangames out there right now, but you've got to have patience for a demo ^^ Fang's a busy guy.

- Sigma -

Bam!
Years
I noticed something -- every single fangame that is one of the best in the whole board, the founder is always busy with his non-internet things. Captain Arcane, FangKing Omega, etc. They're all busy, but they all have great projects going on.

Anyways, like about hundreds of people have stated throughout this whole entire thread: The game's awesome!

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
Years
jonsploder, please don't take this thread off-topic; if you want to celebrate your posts, you can do so but make sure there is something on-topic in your post as well to continue the discussion. ;)

To the other poster - there's no need for that sort of tone, please. That can easily offend people and one of our rules is to respect all members.

Now, let's get back on topic.

--FG

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Yeah, just dropping a note to let you all know that I'm alive and that I've done no Acanthite work at all recently ;) Kinda got 4 university interviews in the next month and I want to get into one of them at least!

In better news, there's a HUGE art update in the works by one of Acanthite's most loyal staff, Plateface who has been banned repeatedly on here :P Anyways, he's responsible for handling official artwork of the Acanthite Pokémon and he's just finished another large batch. More on this when it's all compiled for your viewing pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back