• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Any news ?
    I like the game much!
    Anyway, Good Birthday to Fangking Omega.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2014
    Hey when will this come out? The first beta I had wouldn't show the text.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    This game is looking sweet, I think that the last gym leader could be Kamon's dad, think about it sometimes hiding in plain sight is easier than in hiding in a cave or what ever.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    no, make it the mom then. the moms have almost no role in any of the games, so that would be funny.

you: DAD! i have come to challenge you for the final gym badge so i can face the elite four!
    dad: allright. lets do this son!

*they fight and you win*
    dad: allright, son, you won. however you can't have the eigth badge.
    you: what??!!?! why not?!!?
    dad: because i'm not the eighth gym leader.
    you: but then who is?
    *mom walks in*
    mom: oh hi there son! hey honey! *looks at the situation* dear, have you been tricking people into thinking that you are the final gym leader again?
    dad: yes, i'm sorry
    you: wait, whats going on?
    mom: don't you see silly? i'm the final gym leader!
    *you facevault*

or something like that
    i think i messed up the dialogue in the end :(

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    no, make it the mom then. the moms have almost no role in any of the games, so that would be funny.

you: DAD! i have come to challenge you for the final gym badge so i can face the elite four!

*they fight and you win*
    *mom walks in*
    mom: oh hi there son! hey honey! *looks at the situation* dear, have you been tricking people into thinking that you are the final gym leader again?
    *you facevault*

or something like that

*they fight and you win*
    *mom walks in*
    *you facevault*

or something like that

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I think the last gym leader could be Red's father - seeing as Red went against Kamon's father originally, maybe Kamon was fighting Red's father at the same time.
    Wait, when exactly does Acanthite take place? I think I've got the timing wrong...

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Acanthite takes place immediately before the events of GSC.

I'm afraid it cannot be Kamon's mother as her role has been decided, so to speak. As for Red's father... well, I don't have a clue who he is! I can tell you though that the eighth gym leader HAS been chosen and while Kamon's daddy has a very important role indeed, he won't be the gym leader either. Keep guessing people, not a soul has given me the correct answer yet and I have no reason to believe any of you will ;)

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    how fun would it be if it was one of the profs - Elm or Willow.

It keeps on looking better and better, Fang - and the rest of the crew, obviously. If there is anything you want me to do, just speak up; I probably am the most unneeded staff member at this point, it annoys me =/

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I almost forget about the thread here. It's great to see some new screens :)

The bag system is looking well.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The eighth gym leader always has something to do with the story. Or at least a side-quest.
    Kanto - Giovanni - Team Rocket Boss
    Johto - Clair - Dragon's Den Sidequest
    Hoenn - Wallace - Helps you with Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza
    Sinnoh - Volkner - "Feeling down" Sidequest

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    If the dad is so important, I'd guess he's the champion :P

Hmm... read this post, only a few posts above your own. :)

Acanthite takes place immediately before the events of GSC.

I'm afraid it cannot be Kamon's mother as her role has been decided, so to speak. As for Red's father... well, I don't have a clue who he is! I can tell you though that the eighth gym leader HAS been chosen and while Kamon's daddy has a very important role indeed, he won't be the gym leader either. Keep guessing people, not a soul has given me the correct answer yet and I have no reason to believe any of you will ;)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The beta is really old, and extremely outdated (according to the staff). It's in the "Game Development's Archive" thread. The starters, and appearances of some other Pokémon, have been changed, though, and the demo is somewhat buggy.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Normally I'm not one for Fakemon, but from what I see this looks very promising. Many of these Pokemon look like potential candidates for REAL Pokemon; well done to the guy who drew them all.

I'm keeping my eye on this project; I can't wait for it's release!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back