• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If they were to create another dark/fire Pokémon, what if it were humanoid? Although, we do have a lot of humanoid fire-types out there, such as Blaziken, Emboar, Delphox, and Infernape. Hmm... well, anyway, aside from that, a grass/fire-type would be pretty cool as well. n_n;; Perhaps its body could be shaped like a tree, with burning leaves stuck onto it?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • My rendition was going to be a down-turned flower body (think Victreebell's shape) with several "arms" sprouting from the top. It could move around on them like a spider, or Vine Whip manipulation. Little bulbs at the top of their body are the source of the fire attacks. At evolution, the flowers bloom into red or yellow/orange (for shiny).

Fire/Dark as a humanoid might be dipping into the realm of approving Arson-like behavior, and I am not certain GF would go in that direction. It's fine if a lizard breathes fire (since we can't do that), but seeing a human-shaped creature set things on fire with its hands would be stretching the, already delicate, balance GF/Nintendo has with the anime series and parents. Just think of all those banned episodes, and most of those were just for bad choices in lighting effects.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • *sigh* Parents are too sensitive these days, when I was a kid there was a lot of stuff that was okay that now is just like "What?! You can't do that!" nowadays (I'm looking at you, Game Corner.)

I like all of those ideas, btw. That bulb-flower one sounds like a really intricate design.

Last edited:

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Welcome! Hmm...a Fire/Dark wolf. The only thing I'll say about that is that it is very similar to Houndoom and that night night go over well unless it had something very distinguishable about it. It would also be somewhat similar to Arcanine considering that's based on a dog.

That being said, a Fire-type wolf would be pretty cool if it had something to distinguish itself from Arcanine and Houndoom's lines.

I was kinda thinking it would be in the colours of black and the flames on its feet would be grey.and probably not as fury as ar canine but not as slim as houndoom either oh! And no horns on it :3

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • If I had to make a starter though, it would definitely be a Fire/Ghost type, either that or a Fire/Grass type, Nintendo and GameFreak really should start kicking it up a bit sooner or later, but until then, anything but a Fire-Fighting type is fine with me.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Rage is an understatement.

The wolf Pokémon I'm imagining looks a LOT different from Arcanine and Houndoom. I think if we give it some different moves, it would work very well.

Game Freak could definitely kick it up a bit on the Fire-types as well.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Another Fire-Fight combo?!?!

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I looked at Serebii.net, the other day, to answer my curiosity about what types of starters I initially chose for each game. I'm always tempted to choose the Fire-starter (hehe), but looks like I pick Water-type the most. I'll admit that tie-breakers usually go to the cuter Pokemon.

GEN 1: Pikachu (Yellow) / Squirtle (Blue)
    GEN 2: Totodile (Soul Silver)
    GEN 3: Mudkip (Ruby) - I played through on Sapphire with the other two
    GEN 4: Piplup (Diamond)
    GEN 5: Tepig (B/W)
    GEN 6: Chespin (X/Y)

I think this decision process is based on Rock gyms being some of the first gyms to challenge. Also, you don't get a fishing rod (and hence Water Pokemon) until you've played the game a while.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I had to make a starter though, it would definitely be a Fire/Ghost type, either that or a Fire/Grass type, Nintendo and GameFreak really should start kicking it up a bit sooner or later, but until then, anything but a Fire-Fighting type is fine with me.

Fire-ghost could work, but I'm not too sure about fire-grass. If this starter were to exist, wouldn't it take some value away from the main grass starter? If it were just a regular wild Pokémon, though, then it shouldn't be such a big deal. xD;;

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Fire-ghost could work, but I'm not too sure about fire-grass. If this starter were to exist, wouldn't it take some value away from the main grass starter? If it were just a regular wild Pokémon, though, then it shouldn't be such a big deal. xD;;

Didn't you say this exact thing a couple of days ago? I'm having a serious case of déjà vu here.

Avadon14

Little Pocket Monster
    Years
  • Name: Avadon14
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Typhlosion and Chandelure
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Fire is pretty Flippin' Cool. While I don't tend to care about things like base stats or abilities, or STAB, Fire-Type always seems to be super strong, and I like almost all fire Type pokemon, (Only not Monferno and Infernape, and that's just visually) Plus, while I wasn't able to choose starters when I started playing (Pokemon Colosseum) My second (and favorite) shadow Pokemon was always Typhlosion, and was heartbroken when I accidentally fought one of the others in replays.
    If you could create a Fire-type Pokemon, what would it be based on: OHOHOHO FIRE ANT (I Feel like there may actually be one though) It could like evolve into a Soldier ant, and then while the males would stop there, the Females would Evolve into a queen ant, but at a really high level.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: Avadon14
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Typhlosion and Chandelure
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Fire is pretty Flippin' Cool. While I don't tend to care about things like base stats or abilities, or STAB, Fire-Type always seems to be super strong, and I like almost all fire Type pokemon, (Only not Monferno and Infernape, and that's just visually) Plus, while I wasn't able to choose starters when I started playing (Pokemon Colosseum) My second (and favorite) shadow Pokemon was always Typhlosion, and was heartbroken when I accidentally fought one of the others in replays.
    If you could create a Fire-type Pokemon, what would it be based on: OHOHOHO FIRE ANT (I Feel like there may actually be one though) It could like evolve into a Soldier ant, and then while the males would stop there, the Females would Evolve into a queen ant, but at a really high level.

Welcome! Ahh, the fire ants! That is a cool idea, it would work just like Vespiquen. I like it a lot.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Fire ants? So im kinda seeing a durant on fire ^~^

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Well. it would start of as a pure fire type and would be either a 2 or 3 stage evolution.
    As the basic form evolves, it would gain like a rock armor, thus getting the rock typinf as well.
    Possible abilites would be Filter or Rock head, and its 2 best stats would be Attack and Def

Back