• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competition Forum Rules & Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Welcome to Competitions. This forum is to present threads in which relate to ongoing or seasonal competitions regarding the Art Gallery and it's Sub Forums; Pixel Art, Pixel Projects and Graphics & Photography. The threads posted here will consist of voting, posting entries and discussion on the competitions at hand. There are some restrictions before you post a new thread however, there are also things you need to know before you make a post. So please take the time to read the below rules and guidelines.

Rules & Guidelines for the Competition Forum

→ 1. Remember that the competitions held here are for art, therefore you should be courteous towards other members as you would anywhere else (read and obey the forum wide rules) and treat them and their works of art with respect.

→ 2. Before you post here, or in any of the Art Gallery's sub forums, be sure you've read the Art Gallery Rules.

→ 3. Most importantly, before you even think of posting a thread, be sure you have the staff member's consent. If you wish to start a contest, PM the relevant staff member. They will be listed within this thread. If you wish to post a thread directly relating to the Art Gallery and not one of the sub-forums, contact myself and I shall let you know if it can go ahead or not.

→ 4. You are not permitted to use anyone else's work when entering something into a contest. In other words, do not plagiarize. If you do, you will receive 4 permanent infraction points and will be excluded from the competition or worse.

→ 5. Always be sure you've read the rules of the competition also. The original poster of the thread should include some specific guidelines on what the contest entails. If you have any questions regarding a competition or are unsure about a specific rule; I would encourage you to post in the Q&A/Discussion with your concern, whatever it might be.

→ 6. Be sure you've read the rules to the section corresponding to the competition you have an interest in. Here are the corresponding sections:
    Art Gallery - Graphics and Photography - Pixel Art

→ 7. If you are content on stepping down as a host, you must contact the forum specific moderator or myself as soon as possible.

→ 8. The only members in which are permitted to create threads within this section are the respective hosts (with a moderator's consent) or the moderator's within the Art Gallery who are currently Abnegation,
    Anastasia.R & Logiedan.

→ 9. Be sure to keep your eye on the rules as this thread shall show you who the hosts are and the current competitions running right now.

Please remember that if you have any suggestions for a contest, you must contact either
    Abnegation, Anastasia.R or Logiedan depending on the section it relates to. This is all a matter of fun so don't be shy about suggesting something, we're more than happy to hear member's showing an interest.

Current Competitions and Their Hosts

Tag of the Fortnight - [TotF] → Hosted by Abnegation - Graphics & Photography related.

Icon of the Week - [IotW] → Hosted by Abnegation - Graphics & Photography related.

Pixel Art of the Week - [PAOTW] → Last hosted by Spherical Ice &
    Logiedan - Pixel Art related. [ON HOLD]

Photograph of the Fortnight - [POTF] → Last hosted by
    Forever - Graphics and Photography related. [ON HOLD]

Weekly Pixel Contest - [WPC] → Hosted by Logiedan - Pixel Art related.

Draw Me a... - [DM] → Hosted by Anastasia.R - Art Gallery related.

Current Awards

Tag of the Week Emblem

TotF.png

Granted to those who have nabbed enough votes in the TotF contest.

Icon of the Week/Icontest Emblem

a0dv9g.png

Granted to those who have nabbed enough votes in the IotW contest.

Draw me Emblem
    drawmewinner.png

Given to those who draw something good enough to impress the host!

More to come.

Enjoy posting in Competitions and be sure you follow the rules.
    Competitions Moderators:
    Abnegation - PM. (Graphics & Photography)
    Anastasia.R - PM. (Art Gallery) Logiedan - PM. (Pixel Art)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023

New Competition -June 15th

Pixel Art Challenge - [MPC] → Last hosted by Chibi Robo - Pixel Art related.

This competition is based on a set theme in which members have a month to enter. It was started by Fox♠ on November 9th, 2009 and was started up again on June 15th, 2010 by member Chibi Robo.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023

New Competition - September 18th, 2010

Photograph of the Fortnight - [POTF] → Last hosted by
    Forever - Graphics and Photography related.

This is a competition in which has been waiting to go for a while, and so, I decided it should finally go ahead. Which is when I approached Forever for hosting, she accepted. This relates to a photography contest where the winner will have taken the best photograph of the fortnight. This contest is hosted every second week.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023

New Competition - 22nd October 2010

Pixel Art of the Week - [PAOTW] → Last hosted by Spherical Ice & Lodiedan - Pixel Art related.

This competition is where a set number of judges
    choose the best pixel art made during the week by searching through threads in the Pixel Art section. This was started by Spherical Ice and Logiedan on the 22nd October 2010.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023

Updated Competitions

Weekly Pixel Contest [WPC] → Hosted by
    Logiedan - Pixel Art related.

→ This is a weekly contest based around Pixel Art which relates to a different theme each week. There are also rules and omits which must be taken into account.

Tag of the Fortnight [TotF]
    → Hosted by Abnegation - Graphics and Photography related.

This is a competition which runs every fortnight. You must make a banner/tag/forum signature relating to the theme on hand and also follow the rules.

Draw me a... [DM]
    → Hosted by Anastasia.R - Art Gallery related.

→ This competition is all about drawing. You must draw a scene relating to the theme on hand and it runs monthly.

Additional Notation:

• These contests were released several weeks/months before this post has been made but were only added to the main post on the 14th of October 2011.
    • The main post has been updated to resemble current standings in Competitions.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back