• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pocket Monsters X and Y! (New anime and new info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • I actually want the starters to be distributed across the main characters again. It seems like more Pokémon have more screentime when they don't have Ash showing off all three starters and I'd really like more Pokémon focus. BW was really lacking in the training/development episodes.

Speaking of... Charizard just came back, right? Think he's gonna make it to Kalos?

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I say it is possible that Charizard will make it to Kalos are maybe Ash does sent him back to the Charizard valley for more training, since Ash can always call him back when he wants to.

I like it when Ash have all 3 of the starters because it adds more balance to his team, i can see him with all 3 of the Kalos starters.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Alright, first off..ASH IS WEARING SKINNY JEANS!
    Okay, Now that I got that out.. The starters look 3Dish. Could the Anime get into 3D...Oh I hope not. Froakie is putting his hands into his back puffy thing. Could this be one of the abilitys Froakie has?
    Lastly, Ash looks older. He could be eleven but I highly doubt it.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Ash is def looking skinnier. Tight clothing probs helps. And I swear he looks older and I really really hope they're going to start ambiguously ageing him again. Because then he can be mentor!Ash again in a few seasons and then Max can come back as a legit trainer (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

I can't get over how cute that outfit is though omg ;; I'm even more excited for October now~

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Just with that hat alone, Ash is beginning to look closer to Red, the trainer he's based off of. Also, I stumbled upon this rumor regarding the new XY anime from 4chan:

Through my friend's position at TV Tokyo, he was recently able to learn information regarding the Pocket Monsters X and Y Anime via a closed press conference that was recently held, around the same time the official site updated with the first information regarding Satoshi's redesign and the official logo, and was shown a quick teaser trailer around a minute in length as well as learn the central cast list. Here's the information he has shared with me. He informs me that in the coming month the trailer he saw is due to air publicly during a July episode of the anime, but is unsure of the exact date, and the official site will probably update with the cast list following that.

* The trailer had the new series theme playing, which is called BOUNDARY BREAKERS, written out in romanji, sung by Rica Matsumoto. He described it as very techno sounding, with a synthesized man's voice regularly speaking out English words alongside Matsumoto's singing. No information on the Ending Theme was provided.

* Rica Matsumoto, Ikue Ōtani, Shinichirō Miki, Megumi Hayashibara, and Inuko Inuyama all return as main cast members voicing Satoshi, Pikachu, Kojirō, Musashi, and Nyasu respectively. Team Rocket are shown wearing new white outfits that are more modern in appearance, but seem to be the same Team Rocket as in past seasons.

* Mamoru Miyano is also returning as Dent, but he will not be a main cast member. He's shown briefly in the trailer alongside Satoshi, both wearing their BW outfit and seemingly getting off a boat, so he most likely will depart from the group at some point but will presumably keep in touch.

* Tierno, Toroba, and Sana are joining as main cast members, played by Kenichi Suzumura, Shizuka Ishikawa, and Yōko Hikasa. They join up with Ash and all of them form a team called "P-1000", apparently this may be based off a new game play multi-player component? Satoshi battles and uses their Pokemon as well as his own, with Tierno assisting with choreography, Toroba the brains, and Sana the practice partner and leader. Apparently they wanted to give each member a part of the show and allow Satoshi to grow with the help of others.

* "Professor Sekoia" is a reoccurring cast member voiced by Tomokazu Sugita, presumably the new Professor. He's shown in the trailer as a fairly young man in a lab-coat who is shown pointing out the Starters to Satoshi and Sana.

* The new Rival is named "Shin", voiced by Shu Watanabe (I don't know who this is, but he's "Kamen Rider OOO"?) in his first major anime voice acting role. My friend states that Shu Watanabe was present and introduced at the conference, and he talked about how he was a fan of the series and was interested in voicing a character, thus "Shin" was created with him in mind. Shin is a world traveler Trainer who plays a guitar, and Watanabe's singing voice will be put to good use.

* There's a lot of CG present; all the Pokeballs appear to be CG, one scene shows Harimaron using Roll-Out and going CG, and a big aerial fight with CG Spear facing off against CG Yayakoma.

* Satoshi is shown with Pikachu and Yayakoma; Tierno has Harimaron and Vanipeti; Toroba has Fokko; and Sana has Keromatsu and Flabébé. Yamchan, the Vivillion line, and Shishiko appeared, as well as three Pokemon he didn't recognize and probably are being revealed in July, one appeared to be the new rodent, a chunky rat looking creature that bounced on a springy tail; one was what looked like a flying saucer and had a little smiling head popping out the top; and the third was a smaller Gogoat looking creature.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Just with that hat alone, Ash is beginning to look closer to Red, the trainer he's based off of. Also, I stumbled upon this rumor regarding the new XY anime from 4chan:

For a 4chan rumor this seems convincing but we will have to see though. Anyway i agree ash's new look is cool, now just give us creative episodes and this season will be promising.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
  • What i like about Ash design is that it's something different...unique. Ash kinda looks a little bit older and slimmer. Much better than his unova design.

Years
  • @Pinkie-Dawn: Those rumors could show this series would be very different from past generations' anime series. Ash having Tierno, Shauna and Trevor as traveling companions would definitely signal the fact that the anime has probably retired having player characters as main characters, since Hilbert, Hilda, Nate and Rosa never appeared in the Best Wishes series. The two series which both had female player characters as a traveling companion (Advance Generation and Diamond & Pearl) was due to Contests being a sidequest, and since Contests have apparently been retired there would be no use to having a female player character from the games on the main cast.

Although given the description of Tierno having Chespin, Trevor having Fennekin and Shauna having Froakie could this mean this would be the first saga where Ash doesn't get any starters on his team? But then again 4chan is a really weird site so you never know.

Years
  • If Ash is shown elder than he should travel alone not with stupid little Kids forming a Gang.. Man i hate this. Also about Dent : he should be the sole companion of Ash . Ash could meet with those new kids randomly in X & Y episodes. That's it !!!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • @Pinkie-Dawn: Those rumors could show this series would be very different from past generations' anime series. Ash having Tierno, Shauna and Trevor as traveling companions would definitely signal the fact that the anime has probably retired having player characters as main characters, since Hilbert, Hilda, Nate and Rosa never appeared in the Best Wishes series. The two series which both had female player characters as a traveling companion (Advance Generation and Diamond & Pearl) was due to Contests being a sidequest, and since Contests have apparently been retired there would be no use to having a female player character from the games on the main cast.

Or maybe it's because Hillbert, Hilda, Nate, and Rosa are too old to become main characters in the anime, along with Calem and Serena, so they prefer to use a female character around Ash's age as a main character such as Iris and Shauna.

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen today
    Wanted to start off by saying that I positively love that 4chan rumor! Quite frankly, I hope that all of it is true, and if not all, then most.

I'd say one of biggest reasons why is that one of the things I liked about BW as a whole is the innovation. All series from AG onward had it, but I felt that BW did it the most by far. Having Ash rotate his Unova Pokémon, having a close-nit ensemble cast as the rivals rather than focusing entirely on the one, giving the traveling companions their own primary rivals, and letting them all interact with each other rather than sequestering each off amongst themselves and their primary rivals. Plus the slightly different way they went about doing things like new serious Team Rocket, and I just love it all! It all comes down to trying new things, and that's what I love about BW.

One of the things I'm hoping for was that the writers and staff of the Animé would continue this trend of trying new things and breaking molds. Even just small changes like Dark-type Pokémon for Ash, I'd love it. Seeing the different posts elsewhere kinda scares me that they'd fall back only on the DP trends, not all of them as perfect as they'd lead you to believe. However, this rumor pretty much would imply that yes, they would indeed continue the trend.

Ever since I saw them, I've fallen in love with the idea of a Hoenn-like quartet of Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno with Ash as the leader. I really enjoyed the AG group of Ash, May, Max, and Brock, and since these three seem almost tailor made for the show, they'd be perfect. Each with their own quirks that would add distinct flavors (to borrow from Cilan) to the group, just as Iris and Cilan did for BW (and I love 'em for that!). Though there are a few who like the idea of a four-pronged group, most others I've seen seem to want Cilan to stay (and maybe Iris too, but mostly just Cilan) while Serena or Shauna becomes the new girl; that, or have Shauna and Tierno join Ash while leaving Trevor out in the cold because they don't like him, with the compromise that he'd be a rival or some such. I've even seen some rationalize not using all three and just having Cilan and Serena because they couldn't see them splitting up the trio to only add one or two to the group (but never all three for some reason) or that there'd be no reason for them to except Ash into their group because they're so close.

But therein lies the genius of the idea: having Ash meet Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno and having them ask Ash to join their group. After all, it mirrors how their game counterparts go about it. The player character has just moved into their house in Kalos, just like how Ash will have just arrived in the Kalos region. And the first thing that happens is Tierno greeting the player, and before long, you're invited to be part of their gang of three (plus Calem/Serena, but they can omit them in the Animé, or perhaps make Serena a rival). Not only is this a fun idea in general, but it also takes precedent from the games.

According to the rumor, their group would be "P-1000", with Ash being their mandatory fourth member. It could be that any achievements the group make individually would be an accomplishment for the group as a whole. This would allow Ash's friends to share in Ash's Gym victories. Also, it would make sense that Shauna would be the leader of the group, as making Ash the leader of an already established group by default wouldn't make much sense. He could perhaps become the leader later on, but in the mean time, he would be the groups face. You know how sometimes someone becomes so recognizable that you'd associate them to the group or whatever, even if they aren't the leader? That's how it would be here. Ash would be the primary battler and the face of the group, with time, becoming its leader, in spirit if not in reality. Also of note is that this will be the first time he joins an already established group, instead of the others joining him.

Speaking of battling, the idea of all the groups' Pokémon being at Ash's disposal is most definitely intriguing. Doing this, they can give all the companions a starter while letting them all get battle time, especially at the Gym. This would, at least in theory, fix the only major problem when it came to the Hoenn starters and them being split between the cast: one of them, this case being Mudkip, ending up getting shafted for the most part. This would also allow Ash to use Pokémon in battle that he wouldn't normally use, like Flabébé. In addition, the placement of Pokémon within the group is just as intriguing. I always knew that if they went with a Hoenn-like foursome, the writers would give everyone a Pokémon unlike what they did with Max, and the ratio of Pokémon would skew in favor of Ash, then Shauna, then Tierno I'd suspect, and then Trevor who'd have the least. What was mentioned seems to go with that ratio more or less. Plus, giving the three companions the starters means that you don't have to worry about one of the companions not getting a starter. Ash has Pikachu as his starter, and with the whole "Ash using the groups' pull of Pokémon as his own" thing, it'll be like he has all three again without having any.

The stories that could be told from this are vast indeed. It would definitely satiate my want of continued innovation within means (meaning no, no aging Ash or switching him out or anything).

Keeping Cilan nearby, without having him around 24/7 without Iris to balance him, seems like a good idea. Unova's main character would become Kalos's recurring. They could have him go to Kalos to enroll into Kalos's finest Pokémon Connoisseur Academy in the hopes of reaching that lofty "S" rank goal. This could even give an excuse for Burgandy to show up down the line because she wants to join the Academy too. We would see Cilan whenever the group comes to the city said Academy would be located at (especially so if it were in Lumiose City, which being Kalos's hub city and at the center of the region, would be pretty frequently visited by the quartet), as well as randomly whenever Cilan is out on the field on assignment.

Also, based on 'Shin's' description, he seems like a rival that the Paul fans would eat up; the fangirls for his looks and the fanboys for him being a "world traveling trainer" that satisfies their preconceived notions of Ash only associating with "experienced" trainers, lest he be made inferior in their eyes. Despite this, I hope he doesn't end up being a jerk rival, but rather a serious friendly one like Stephan or Zoey were. And maybe make Serena a rival to the entire "P-1000" gang as a whole, with emphasis on Shauna and also Trevor and Tierno since they're all from Vaniville Town.

And lastly, the CG. If this rumor turns out to be true, I predict that a lot of people are going to have some mixed reactions to this. CG in general has a lot of mixed opinions for it because it can take some getting used to. When done well, it makes dynamic things even more so. Combee were done in CG, I believe, as well as Metal Claw and Iron Tail, and also those two times Ash held a Pokéball at the end of the Unova League and when he got back Charizard. I look forward to see what comes of it.

Also, new modernized white Team Rocket uniforms seem nice! I do hope though that one trend started from BW continues in that they don't always appear in every episode. This will allow our new group to build from themselves without the Rockets interfering too often, similar to Ash, Iris, and Cilan.

I want to say now that I am completely aware that this is indeed just a rumor and could easily be entirely false, which in turn would make this a whole lotta nothing but words. But hey, even if so, at least I could practice my typing, right? (This took awhile.) Having said that, I really could see this being real, in whole or in part, for a number of reasons. Nevertheless, I definitely hope for this to be true.

Now then, in regards to Ash's Kalos outfit. Simply put, I like it. Its style is reminiscent of his Unova outfit color-wise; white and blue top sans the yellow with a darker shade of pants.

As before, the clothes are based off of the male player character, in this case, Calem. You can definitely tell that. One thing I noticed right away was the over all form-fitting nature of these clothes. They got this from the fact that Calem wears relatively close-fitting clothes himself, which translate to Ash's outfit being similar.

The pants are pretty much exactly like Calem's, though not as slim-fit. Same color and same-looking material, and more form-fitting than any other pants Ash has worn in his series' outfits. Not since the original series has his pants looked this slim. Even though the jeans looked more like standard jeans then with stiffer denim, these are still more fitting. The biggest contrast of course is the fact that his last three outfits have had pants that were pretty baggy, especially Sinnoh's , so coming off that makes the slimness more noticing.

The top is basically Calem's jacket turned into a shirt with an upturned collar, rather than a turtle neck, and short sleeves like all of Ash's other shirts. The blue and white on his shirt is more emphasized and vibrant than Calem's jacket too, especially the white, which you hardly notice on Calem. The shirt itself is reminiscent of his Sinnoh shirt in overall looks, only it too is more form fitting; his Sinnoh shirt was actually pretty loose. Like all the other shirts with popped collars, you can see the shirt he's wearing under it. It's black this time, and it seems to come down past his blue and white shirt. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a tank top either. They seem to be alternating between shirts with collars and hoodies. First the open-faced collared jacket of the original series, then his hooded sweater from AG, then the collared white, black, and gold shirt from DP, then the hooded jacket from BW, now this.

His shoes are similar to his BW ones in that they're mostly red, only these have no green in them, with just the black high-lights and that bit of blue on the sides near the back/bottom. Also like before, they're hightops, and Ash's pants are tucked into the them. Since the pants aren't baggy, they go into the shoes more neatly and thus emphasize the shoes themselves, making them look like small, ankle-size boots, which is pretty cool actually. Probably the closest we'll ever get to Ash wearing boots for a main series outfit.

Overall, I agree with the general consensus that his new Kalos outfit makes him look thinner, a little taller, and a little older. Though he hasn't actually aged of course, it just makes him look older. And since Ash was always a pretty thin guy, him wearing slimmer clothes help to emphasize that. People with skinnier builds look taller than they usually are (especially if they're tall to begin with), and, once again, more form-fitting clothes help to emphasize said build, which is why Ash looks taller (the pose also helps with this). I like his BW outfit because, with the new character design that emphasizes his eyes, he has a more youthful appearance akin to a 10 year-old. But I'll definitely enjoy his new outfit and what it'll bring looks-wise to the the show, especially once we see it animated.

Plus, if the rumors are true and he goes to Kalos in his BW clothes, it'd be pretty cool/funny if Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno sees him in his BW clothes and takes him clothes shopping under the pretense that his old outfit isn't going to work for them if he's to join their group, complete with clothes modeling montage and over extravagant ensembles! {XD} It would certainly explain why he's wearing such sleek, fitting clothes, that's for sure.

Well, that's about it. Kudos to everyone who managed to read through all that. :3c

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • This hasn't been posted in 2 weeks but I thought I post this here. Today on Pokemon Smash there was a new trailer shown for Pokemon XY or Pocket Monsters XY.

Ash says something along the lines of
    Look out, Kalos! Ash from Pallet Town has arrived!" or " I will be the champion in the Kalos region." Not really sure which is more right but according to Serebii it's the latter.

A poster for the anime was also shown.

Spoiler:

Any thoughts?

The starters look so cute in this! Ahh!

People are saying the style is slightly different which I do sort of notice. Anyone notice that? It looks a bit better than Best Wishes especially the backgrounds.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • He will probably still have at least 1 starter. I don't see them not letting him catch one. And I didn't notice he had Red's hat. Got to love how he looks slightly older though. I also hope there will be a lot of tournaments in this saga as well. Those were probably my favorite episodes in the Unova saga. I also hope that he catches more than 6 pokemon like in Unova. I loved how he was almost constantly changing his team.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
  • Ash does look a little bit older here. Looks like Ash is traveling with out Cilan and Iris. I think the first starter Ash might get is the grass one though

Years
  • He will probably still have at least 1 starter. I don't see them not letting him catch one. And I didn't notice he had Red's hat. Got to love how he looks slightly older though. I also hope there will be a lot of tournaments in this saga as well. Those were probably my favorite episodes in the Unova saga. I also hope that he catches more than 6 pokemon like in Unova. I loved how he was almost constantly changing his team.

I'd like him to have at least one starter, notably Chespin and/or Froakie. I do hope he finally gets an evolving Water starter should he get Froakie because his Water starters are almost always never able to evolve due to marketing. Let's hope Froakie can break that trend because I love that cutie.

Tournaments? Unova did quite a few and I'm hoping for it again. But yeah loved the trailer, still no news on the new traveling partners yet but I am hoping they will reveal them eventually.

Years
  • So they finally showed the info of X and Y anime. Here are some images they released in case any one missed...

The new X & Y anime art :
    2n9bxhd.jpg

Ash arriving at Kalos alone. (Boy he is looking pretty mature now)
    x3v8nl.jpg

Years
  • I am so excited for the anime. I love the fact that Ash looks more mature and his whole outfit is awesome. The starters are too cute :) haha

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back