• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pocket Monsters X and Y! (New anime and new info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
That Only person on the Crack is You !
Because DP obviously better then the garbage call Best wishs !
I guess Your one of Kids who want everybody to see them as Special & Mature So You defend BW even though it obviously Bad because You believe that will make you look More Mature & Less Childish !
But It make you look like a idiot Or Blind Person .
You know what ?
When BW started , Some idiot complain about how Ash hogged all the spotlight from Dawn, Brock and other cast character .
They completely ignore Dawn Wallace Cup victory , she being a Runner up in GF or all the Brock episode .
So Writer listen to them and treated Ash like trash in BW !
So , I really hate them for complaining .

Oh , And I guess Ash & Kotetsu's full battle was Legendary !
All the Full battle in BW Sucked !

Oh , and I guess Ash's Underdeveloped BW Team was way better then his Developed DP Team Where Almost all Ash's Pokemon got Real development and THEY ACTUALLY EVOLVED PROPERLY !

Improved ?????
Let see , We had the Worst version of Ash , Worst Tournament , Worst development , Worst Filler Saga with no plot And WORST LEAGUE .
If that Your definition of Improvement Then I wish they never improve !

Well strong & Well Trained My foot !
Half of them didn't even got proper screentime .

Let see , A complete Rookie who get to be superior rival Just because he act like Paul & he's the first rival Ash met.
THATS MAKE HIM A CHEAP RIVAL , NOT GREAT RIVAL !
But again , If your a girl then thats explain why its okay to You .
Girls doesn't mind any unfairness if the Hot guy gets everything .

Let see , A league with 3 battle & a Filler !
That Makes it the Worst League ever !
WHAT ? Your crappy about Ash losing to a Older guy with Legendary Pokemon .
At least , Ash lose to a competent trainer who was using 2 Legendary Pokemon and Ash still look cool despite losing that Battle .
IT WAS MUCH BETTER THEN ASH LOSING TO INCOMPETENT IDIOT WHO WASN'T EVEN BROUGHT A 6TH POKEMON IN A FULL BATTLE. BECAUSE OF THIS , ASH WILL ALWAYS LOOK LIKE A LAME TRAINER NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES IN XY SERIES !

Iris is Overglorified girl while Cilan is annoying guy who dance a lot !
At least , Dawn had realistic development and she didn't use one Punchline Over & Over .
Plus , She actually HELPED Ash Unlike Iris who stand in sideline shouting ''You're such kid , You're Such Kid ''

No, Many CHEAP Rival !

The DP Trio was much better then the current boring Trio.

Let see ,

DP Actually had a Plot
DP had deserving Rival like Paul , Conway & Berry .
DP had a Better League .
DP had good antagonist like Pokemon Hunter J .
Only A person who doesn't even watch Pokemon would say that .

Wow you really are immature and an idiot.

DP didn't have that many good plots.

DP rivals weren't all that great, and i do mean Paul, Conway and Berry.

DP Hunter J wasn't all that great.

DP The Pokemon League was just awful.

Anybody who has been watching the show for a very would have a lot of sense to see that DP series was so damn terrible.

The DP trio suck.

The Unova League was ten times better.

The current trio Iris and Cilan the best.

The Sinnoh team was crap, because they were weak. Infernape and Staraptor was the main focus of the the team anyways.

Dawn was maybe the most annoying unrealistic character they ever added to the show. Iris and Cilan were more well like and felt more like realistic characters unlike Dawn.

The Unova team was strong and well handled.

Ash losing to Cameron was a lot more realistic and much better then him losing to an idiot trainer with a cheap Dem win with Legendary Pokemon which makes the Sinnoh League look like a joke.

The DP team was so undeveloped namely Buizel,Torterra and Gible, a pokemon evolving doesn't count as development anyways if they don't have any good personalities.

The Unova team was well developed because they had better personalities and it was a much better larger team with a little bit more evolutions.

DP treated Ash character like ****. BW treated Ash character a whole lot better and thank goodness they are not using that lame boring DP Ash but instead using the BW Ash for the XY series which makes things a whole lot better.

DP series was never epic to start with, if anything it was a piece of trash. BW series was the best improvement animation wise.

Atleast the XY series will be epic just like the BW series, at least that is something we can all hope for.

I can hopefully see Ash getting all three of the XY series starters.

Last edited:
Years
I think we should all just wait and see about what will happen in the future anime.
@famon and piks : Both of you have started fight again. I think I should alert the moderators about you as you were warned previously

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
The Sinnoh team was crap, because they were weak. Infernape and Staraptor was the main focus of the the team anyways.

You didn't actually watched DP , aren't You ?
Or else You know DP focus on all Ash's Pokemon .
Unlike BW , Where Most of Ash Unova Pokemon didn't even got screentime !
Ash Buizel was one of his Main Partner in gym battle with Chimchar .
Also , Torterra also win a lot of battle before its evolution including the First gym .
And , Why forget Gliscor ? It was hopeless Pokemon with no Battling skill until Ash train it to become a competent Pokemon .
Then Gible , Ash spend time after time on its Draco meteor and Also Gible was the one that allow Ash to beat Conway .
Yet , You think that DP didn't focus on anybody accept Infernape & Staraptor !!!!
LYING SHOULD HAVE A LIMIT !!!

Do You know that Ash used his Oaked Pokemon as well in the league ???

Dawn was maybe the most annoying unrealistic character they ever added to the show. Iris and Cilan were more well like and felt more like realistic characters unlike Dawn.
Oh ,
You mean You mean the annoying Dancer who is Such superior connoisseur that he didn't need to travel .
Chill was the better choice then him !
I mean , When the last time Cilan was beaten by another Connoisseur ?????
As for Iris , A girl who get Dragonite instate of raising her Axew into strong pokemon . And You call Dawn's development unrealistic .
At least Dawn helped Ash instate of standing on the sideline doing nothing ! She help Ash with improvise move like the Spining & Counter shield ! She also gor helped by Ash too . They were a real team and they inspire each other .

Compare to That , Iris just stand in the sideline shouting ''Such a kid , such a kid'' Even though She did way more childish stuff then Ash did .

Ash losing to Cameron was a lot more realistic and much better then him losing to an idiot trainer with a cheap Dem win with Legendary Pokemon which makes the Sinnoh League look like a joke.
So it realistic for Ash to lose the League to a complete idiot who doesn't even know full battle mean 6 on 6 Battle .
A nice way to make fun of Ash & all the rival , Gym Leader & Frontier Brain he Battle .
That battle seem much more haxed just like almost all battle in BW .
At least , Trobias had Legendary Pokemon as excuse . And he's ain't the first trainer who uses legendary Pokemon .
The Unova League is a complete Joke that a Trainer with only Eevee won it .

The Unova team was strong and well handled.
The DP team was so undeveloped namely Buizel,Torterra and Gible, a pokemon evolving doesn't count as development anyways if they don't have any good personalities.
Buizel was ten time more developed then that Annoying Oshawott and Palpitoad .
It took down a lot of Powerful Pokemon , it learn more move then them and Ash even train him use Improvised Move .
Same goes for Gible , it was a Last Minute Pokemon yet it was better trained and better battler then all BW Pokemon and Iris's Axew .
Hack , It did a better job then Iris's Dragonite did .
And Torterra took down a lot of Powerful Pokemon before its evolution .
They were much better then Leavanny , Oshawott , Bolder , Snivy , Palpitoad , Pignite , Scraggy !
Hack , Most of them doesn't even have a 3rd Move ! They haven't even replaced Tackle yet.

The Unova team was well developed because they had better personalities and it was a much better larger team with a little bit more evolutions.
Oh , As Personality You mean All of them wearing afro and dancing in a Forest .
Let me remind You that You aren't watching ''Dragon Tail'' , ''Barney the Dinosaur'' , '''My little Pony'' & ''Dora The Explore''
Youre watching Pokemon , A sport based Kids Anime !
As for Your personality , They Are Just Copies Of Previous Pokemon !
For example-

-Snivy is a copy of Buizel & Sceptlie

- Oshawott & Palpitoad is a copy of Dawn's Pipup & Ash's Corephis

-Pignite is a underevolved copy of Charizard & Infernape

-Boldore is emtionless copy of Gible .

-Krookodile is a copy of Ash's Squirtle

-Iris's Dragonite & Exadrill is a copy of Dawn's Mamoswine

-Leavanny & Unfezent doesn't even have any personality . Off Course , Leavanny did had a personality before it evolved Just like Torterra did. While Staraptor & Swallow had more personality then Unfezant .

Unlike them , DP Pokemon Like Ash's Buizel , Ash's Gible , Ash's Gliscor, Ash's Infernape , Dawn's Pipup , Dawn's Buneary , Dawn's Pachirisu , Dawn Togekiss , Brock Croagunk and Brock's Happiny had their own share of Personality & Development

DP treated Ash character like ****. BW treated Ash character a whole lot better and thank goodness they are not using that lame boring DP Ash but instead using the BW Ash for the XY series which makes things a whole lot better.
Whole Lot Of Work ????
Personality wise , There no difference between DP Ash & BW Ash accept BW Ash is more Stupider & Weaker Then DP Ash .
The Main difference between DP Ash & BW Ash is in their Skill Level , Not in their Personality .
BW Ash has every single thing that made DP Ash boring .
That Overly Gentle & Dense side of DP Ash made him boring and BW Ash still have that side on him .
He's still that ideal model for a Good Boy that all Parent want .
Just because BW Ash Jump & Dance like some idiot in the street that doesn't mean he has a personality now .
People actually miss Ash's Arrogant & Mischievous side ! Not his Idiotic side !
Even an actual Ten year old Boy Outgrown that much .

DP series was never epic to start with, if anything it was a piece of trash. BW series was the best improvement animation wise.
BW is Worst piece of Trash in Anime history !
Atleast DP had a Storyplot !
BW is just Ash & his little Pokemon friend dancing in the forest .
Also , BW Treat Ash like some piece of trash ! The motto of BW is , Whatever happen it always Ash's Fault !
If Ash was Overconfident about winning Junior Cup like Trip Then he would never win it . But Trip get it win without getting touched because HE HAS SOME LOVE-STORY WITH ALDER !
A piece of Realism that was !
And it was Kotetsu's mistake for not bring a 6th Pokemon but Yet Ash had to pay his price !
If Ash ever make that same mistake then he would never win because he had to suffer for his mistake .

I can hopefully see Ash getting all three of the XY series starters.
For what ?
Dance with them so you can laugh at them .
I rather prefer Ash to have One Starter.
While he will have 2 main rival with 2 other XY starter .

Atleast the XY series will be epic just like the BW series, at least that is something we can all hope for.
Look around you !!!!
Almost everyone doesn't want XY series to be a trash like BW !
Everyone wishs XY series to be the last series where Ash win the League & become a Pokemon Master .
Everybody want to see competent DP Ash who's also arrogant , Mischievous & Sarcastic in XY series !
Why don't you just actually watch the DP series rather then reading some page in ''Bulbapedia'' and believing You know everything about DP series ????

Whoa whoa whoa hey hey hey okay guys chill oh my goodness. DP is generally hailed as the peak of PokéAni character development and plot complexity, and for good reason. BW wasn't a patch on it in those respects and generally failed to live up to the standard that DP set. That is not to say there weren't great parts of BW or bad parts of DP, it's just that as a whole, DP was better written.

I adore the main and recurring cast of BW, but they all had so much wasted potential. The DP crew were not initially characters that I adored, but their development made me love them a whole lot. Ash's Sinnoh team was incredibly high-powered, but his Unova team was barely evolved and hardly trained during screentime and lacked creativity in move use. There are a lot of pros and cons in either saga.

That said, let's turn our attention to the actual thread topic. Guys, this thread is about the XY anime. It is for news and speculation, not arguments about previous sagas. Piks, I've said this before, it's nice that you have such a strong love for BW. But you really could do better about presenting your arguments than attacking anyone who has a different opinion. Famon, it's lovely to see you posting around and writing out well-informed opinions. But please don't attack other people! Present your opinions in a more calm manner and go more into detail on why you think that way.

This should be the last time I have to warn y'all, okay?

Sorry for getting out of control !
I'm truly sorry for that .
In My defense ,
He started it and I can't stand while someone Lies while calling me Immature & Idiot !
I'm simply protecting my pride , I'm not attacking him .
Also , I mainly bashed the BW series and his statement , not him .
This guy Obviously didn't watch DP Series Yet he insult the series & me just to make himself look Special !
People like him complained About Ash hogging all the spotlight and now look what happen to Ash in BW .
I can't bear think Ash being treated like that again because of them .
By the way , I also post some of my idea of XY series there !

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Lol is the guy defending BW a troll? Don't get me wrong i liked the BW anime but it wasn't as good as DP's end. I'm sorry buddy but the DP Pokemon league arc was freaking amazing, just amazing. And lets face it in BW ash had the potential to have an awesome team. He could of had all 3 fully evolved starters and other good pokemon but the writers screwed him over . So lets not kid ourselves DP was handled a lot better

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Guys. Knock it off. That conversation needs to be over. Please use this thread purely for XY speculation. That is what it is for, not saga vs saga arguments. I may have to start deleting and infracting for spam, off-topic posting, and disrespect to members.

Piks, I've told you more times than just this one- aggressive defences are not the way to go. Famon, Piks didn't start anything with you. And I don't even care who started it; neither of you have to continue anything. alienhunterx, please don't mini-mod. If you find something you think I should look into, just report. MrGriszell, I appreciate your reasonable approach, but please do not encourage off-topicness.

Now. Piks and Famon. This is your last warning in my section. If you continue this argument in threads where it is not appropriate to do so, I will be going straight to infractions. If you would like to just argue with each other, I suggest taking that to VM or PM.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
If Asn going to be a ''Too Positive Boy'' in XY series then this Anime need a ''Too Negative girl'' to join him !
The Amount of her negativeness has to be same level as Ash's Positiveness.
Furthermore she must be affected by Ash's Positiveness with allow her to change into a better person .
Also , She can't tease Ash ! Instate Ash will tease her & mess with her .
Because Ash is the Positive-minded here !
So , If you all want a proper Dynamic chemistry Between Ash & XY cast Girl then The Negative-mined Girl has to the One getting tease .

Here is the ideal personality of XY cast girl -

-A good Eye-candy ! So Cute that everybody like to see her all the time

-Negative-minded and serious

-A dispensary

-Has more common-sense then other character

-Doesn't likes to take risk

-Doesn't want to get in Trouble

-Take thing too Seriously

- Get Embarrass very easily

-Play the role of a ''Straight Man'' in Most of the XY gag

-Little Selfish

-Hot-temper and capable of scaring Ash & other

-Has a Cute & Dere side that she tries to hide

-Tries to act more Grown-up

-Always get tease by Ash & Other character

-Blush's all the time . (Girls look cutest when they blush)

Example :

Natsu & Lucy : When Lucy first met Natsu & Fairy Tail, She had a negative mind .
Which allow her to be a great straight Man in lot of Fairy Tail's gag !
But She change after being affected by Natsu & Fairy Tail !
Thats What People actually want !

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Is much better to have an postive Girl join Ash in the XY series, not an negative girl. I do wonder when will the next XY series preview be shown.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Is much better to have an postive Girl join Ash in the XY series, not an negative girl. I do wonder when will the next XY series preview be shown.

We already had 2 positive girl call Dawn & Iris joining Ash before !
And we know how boring both of them were !
Atleast Misty had some negativity on her which blend well with Ash's Positive personality .
So That Last thing this Anime need another Positive Girl !!!
The Anime lack dynamic Chemistry after Misty left because Writer Kept bring a Positive girl as a cast girl.
The XY series need a girl who negative personality with always clash with Ash's Positive personality.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
We already had 2 positive girl call Dawn & Iris joining Ash before !
And we know how boring both of them were !
Atleast Misty had some negativity on her which blend well with Ash's Positive personality .
So That Last thing this Anime need another Positive Girl !!!
The Anime lack dynamic Chemistry after Misty left because Writer Kept bring a Positive girl as a cast girl.
The XY series need a girl who negative personality with always clash with Ash's Positive personality.

Well as long as the next girl has a great personality and it's an interesting eye candy character, then that's all that matters.

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
The new series is looking great so far! I haven't been keeping up with it, so I will probably be repeating stuff said from other people, but:
(just speculation)
-it looks like Ash will arrive along with only Pikachu
-it looks he'll get all three starters
-Lumiose City is amazing
-Froakie is cooler than ever
Froaks_zpscce7c86d.jpg

Years
OMG!!!!!! It's so amazing. Pikachu's quick attack is better than ever!!!! Can't wait. When is it going to air in the US?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ooooh my god Ash you look amazing better than Unova I need this in my life like right now. ;___;

Everything else looks amazing too but Ash. I'm just going to revel in that for a while ok.

Sir Codin

Do my eyes deceive me or did you get a growth spurt there, Ashy-boy?

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Has anyone noticed that at least PART of Pinkie-Dawn's 4chan leak from the start of page 2 has come true?

Years
The new series is looking great so far! I haven't been keeping up with it, so I will probably be repeating stuff said from other people, but:
(just speculation)
-it looks like Ash will arrive along with only Pikachu
-it looks he'll get all three starters
-Lumiose City is amazing
-Froakie is cooler than ever
Froaks_zpscce7c86d.jpg

Yeah I think that trailer has made me want more hope Ash gets a Froakie, the bubble collar looks like it can do a lot. Anyways, it seems like Ash is a bit more mature than in Unova and Pikachu's Quick Attack looks so epic now!

Also, if one looks closely you might see someone in the background there who I think looks like Clemont. I wonder if he's the possible Cilan replacement as the male traveling partner this saga?

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Hey so new trailer! Was at the end of GoGo Gogoato~

LOOK AT THE GORGEOUSNESS
REVEL IN IT
BASK IN IT

Seriously , Is Ash going to get his ass kicked by another stinking rookie again because he's first person Ash met !
Why don't they start a series with Ash beating a strong trainer for ONCE ?
At least that would something new since none other series start with Ash winning a battle .
I believe it could be cool if XY series begin with Ash saving the Male/female cast from a bully by beating a crap out of him in Pokemon battle and later that bully become Ash's rival or closet friend .
Because Kids love an Antagonistic Character becoming good friend with the Protagonist .
And why the hack that Gible doing with Iris ?
How much favoritism does the girl gets ?
May be , It would be much better if Iris Axew's evlove and beat one of Clare's Pokemon .
Rather then showing off that Dragonite again !
And seriously , Can the XY teaser show anything else beside Ash running around and 3 kalo starter moving .
REALLY , I'M BEEN WATCHING THE SAME THING FOR 3 TEASER ! WHEN WILL THEY REVEAL SOMETHING NEW LIKE ASH'S NEW TRAVELING COMPANION OR RIVAL .
Is The XY Anime Wedsite out yet ?

Well as long as the next girl has a great personality and it's an interesting eye candy character, then that's all that matters.
Great Personality doesn't matter if her personality doesn't fit her role .
Iris personality didn't suit her role as a Cast girl ! She was more suited to be a mysterious referring character and final gym Leader .
For example , You might want a female rival who's kind & gentle .
But if you want a good series then Ash's female rival has to be a complete ***** Or else the rivalry won't be any fan .
Because that what her role want her to be !
ROLE > PERSONALITY.
That why Misty still the best despite being less developed then all other cast girl because Her personality suit her Role .
While Iris failed because she was writer attempt to create a Positive & energetic cheerful version of Misty .

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Seriously , Is Ash going to get his ass kicked by another stinking rookie again because he's first person Ash met !
Why don't they start a series with Ash beating a strong trainer for ONCE ?

I respect your opinion, but, you mentioned Ash should step outside his role, no? And to him to be a strong trainer? The thing is, Ash is already a good trainer, and each time he steps inside a new region he has a Pikachu. Starting new again, all of a sudden Ash should be winning every single battle with a Pikachu? TBH, people need to realize that it's a Pikachu, not a Arceus. A pikachu's limitations is not like an Arceus's. Maybe it can win against a Rhydon, but lose against a Froakie. Who knows.

And another thing - pokemon trainers in the anime aren't invincible; there's always going to be someone who would be slightly better at pokemon battling than the next, and have slightly better pokemon in the long run. I'd imagine that it'll still be in the case in X&Y - Ash might lose eventually, but, in the long run, he'll still win battles in the way that only he can win, rather than the next person.

I think the main reason why they let Ash lose battles near the beginning in the anime is that it'll give him something to work for - you were in the quarter-finals of the Unova Leauge? Great! Here's a new challenge! Kind of like in D/P, where he tied with Paul at the first battle, but lost to him at the second; he had to prove to Paul that his way was the right way to raise pokemon, and so, he vowed to never to lose to him again. That was no different from Gary & Trip; he wanted to become strong enough to defeat them, and so he did, accomplishing one of his goals. Of course, his dream to be a pokemon master is still out there, soooo he's still working on that.

Well, I think in the X&Y anime, it'd be cool if Ash had a rival that will have seen him on T.V before, and the rival would say, "Ash! I've seen you in the pokemon league before, and it's my dream to surpass you!" Or something like that. Ash could win a battle like that, and would never lose to that rival, even in the Kalos pokemon League, where the rival wonders why they'll never surpass Ash - maybe it's because they don't believe in their own pokemon like Ash does? Who knows; that's juuust a little hope from me.

Sorry I rambled a bit, but, just wanted to get this out there~ The X&Y anime looks really cool so far, and I am pretty excited to hear more about it. :3

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I respect your opinion, but, you mentioned Ash should step outside his role, no? And to him to be a strong trainer? The thing is, Ash is already a good trainer, and each time he steps inside a new region he has a Pikachu. Starting new again, all of a sudden Ash should be winning every single battle with a Pikachu? TBH, people need to realize that it's a Pikachu, not a Arceus. A pikachu's limitations is not like an Arceus's. Maybe it can win against a Rhydon, but lose against a Froakie. Who knows.

And another thing - pokemon trainers in the anime aren't invincible; there's always going to be someone who would be slightly better at pokemon battling than the next, and have slightly better pokemon in the long run. I'd imagine that it'll still be in the case in X&Y - Ash might lose eventually, but, in the long run, he'll still win battles in the way that only he can win, rather than the next person.

I think the main reason why they let Ash lose battles near the beginning in the anime is that it'll give him something to work for - you were in the quarter-finals of the Unova Leauge? Great! Here's a new challenge! Kind of like in D/P, where he tied with Paul at the first battle, but lost to him at the second; he had to prove to Paul that his way was the right way to raise pokemon, and so, he vowed to never to lose to him again. That was no different from Gary & Trip; he wanted to become strong enough to defeat them, and so he did, accomplishing one of his goals. Of course, his dream to be a pokemon master is still out there, soooo he's still working on that.

Well, I think in the X&Y anime, it'd be cool if Ash had a rival that will have seen him on T.V before, and the rival would say, "Ash! I've seen you in the pokemon league before, and it's my dream to surpass you!" Or something like that. Ash could win a battle like that, and would never lose to that rival, even in the Kalos pokemon League, where the rival wonders why they'll never surpass Ash - maybe it's because they don't believe in their own pokemon like Ash does? Who knows; that's juuust a little hope from me.

Sorry I rambled a bit, but, just wanted to get this out there~ The X&Y anime looks really cool so far, and I am pretty excited to hear more about it. :3

First of All , I didn't said Ash should Win every single battle with Pikachu !
I said Ash shouldn't lose to stinking rookie again !
If Ash has to lose then he should lose to someone strong , competent and at the same or higher experience level as him ! Not to some stinking rookie just because he's the first rival Ash met !
and Gary & Trip aren't same !
Ya , May be they are at the same level at being a HOT BOY but They are different .
Gary was at the same experience level as Ash when he started his journey and Trip was 5 year bellow him !
Goku (DBZ) lose to his Big brother too at the beginning of DBZ but You should consider that his brother travel though space and fought many powerful fighter then earth in universe before meeting Goku !
Bring some jerk rookie and making him superior then Ash doesn't provide a CHALLENGE ! Its a Cheap way to create competition.
Remember , Ash no longer a rookie ! He had his beginning 15 year ago and their is no New beginning for him !
Now its time for Ash to be a Mentor to a rookie trainer . Its no time for him to be a Punching bag for a rookie .
PLUS , DOES ASH REALLY NEED TO LOSE TO SOMEONE MISERABLY IN ORDER TO CREATE PROPER COMPLETION !
I mean , Let see -

-Ryoma from ''Prince of tennis'' didn't lose anyone accept the captain of his team (Who was a upper classman) . Yet ''Prince of Tennis'' is very popular and it had better Rival & competition then Pokemon .

-Yami Yugi/ Atem didn't lose anyone accept Yugi at the last episode of yu-gi-oh ! But yu-gi-oh still one of the most popular & Challenging Anime .

-The Protagonist of ''Intial D'' was undefeated during the whole season 1 ! But ''Intial D'' still one of the most popular racing Anime !

-There are new Popular cooking Manga call ''Shokugeki no Soma'' that gaining Popularity . The protagonist so far lose one shokugeki to an experience Legendary chef .

-Also , There are also an Anime call ''Yakitate Japan'' where the Protagonist is Undefeated. It also a Kids Anime (Source Wikipedia)

So , you see there are a lot of challenging & Popular Anime with the Hero winning all the time .
So Ash doesn't need to lose to all the time during XY series to provide CHALLENGE as long as he has developed rival with good personality and dynamic chemistry with them .
Good Rivalry depend on the relationship between Protagonist & Rival ! Not on some cheap superiority .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back