• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pocket Monsters X and Y! (New anime and new info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2013
It looks like the Patrat/Watchog line will be available in Kalos as well, you can see a Watchog as 0:22 in the trailer. Although it could just be a guy travelling with a Watchog as they are at an airport and it might not actually be available in Kalos.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I think it's safe to say that watchog and patrat are catchable. I also agree that it looks like ash is more mature. Also if you look at the scene where it zooms out of the airport you can see what looks like a new pokemon. People seem to think it's kursou, the original g/s water starter but revamped. I think this is possible and be really cool. Your thoughts on it, if you noticed it?

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2013
Enter the narrator "We continue our journey with 10 YEAR OLD Ash Ketchum" lol.

Looking for something different in XY, but that has yet to be seen considering the formula has been some similiar since the anime inception. Yes the way Ash is drawn makes him out to be a bit older so that gives me some hope. There is no indication of Cilan or Iris tagging along so who knows maybe Ash will be a key mentor to a group of trainers from Kalos. Hopefully he will also have some diversity in his team because yes we had a rotation if you want to call it that but it was a half ass rotation at that. You still have the writers primarily focusing on the starters and Pika then they throw in Charizard who doesn't need anymore spotlight then he already got for years. So if we want to talk about previous pokemon coming lets just have them have a little appearance here and there if they do as not to overshadow what is here and now.

Hopefully Ash gets one starter and that's it which would allow for his team to be like it was in Hoenn. Hopefully the Coro Coro coming in the middle of August details more on the Anime or we get tidbits from Smash every now and then. Or at least whatever we got when we had that image of how Ash, Cilan, Iris, Don George, TR in Black Outfits, Servine, and Dewott in a slide during BW pre-release stages.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
ASDFGHKLJ;

ASH LOOKS MATURE ON PAR WITH HOENN AND THE ANIMATION LOOKS GORGEOUS OH MY GOD

He's def saying "Ash from Pallet Town has arrived" or whatever and he's def getting a starter. From their implied personalities I'd say it's going to be Chespin. Doesn't that lil guy seem Ash-like? I want him to at least meet up with Cilan later but tbh I wouldn't be too upset if Brock came back if they wrote him better. I'd like to see Ash in a mentor role again to one or a few of the Kalos kids. sdfghjkl so excited

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
We can discuss anything about the new XY series here , Right !!!
Well then ,
I want Pokemon XY series to start like Rave Master & Fairy tail .
In other Word ,
I want ash encounter the new female cast like the same way Haru & Natsu encounter Elie & Lucy .
Which mean , The New female cast meet Ash & has wrong idea about him .
Then she got herself in deep trouble by getting involved with some bad guy until Ash heroically show up and save her .
then she realize Ash's real personality and join him in his journey like how Elie & Lucy join Haru & Natsu .
It would be cool if the new female Cast is a Talent agent who's looking for a Potential Pokemon trainer .

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Ash looks not so great in that new outfit--he looks like Calem, no, too much like Calem. That's all that bothers me--he looks ten again, lol, as usual, I guess his age is going to reverse to ten. I wonder what Serena's going to look like...

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
The main question is-

-How Lame Ash Going To Be In This Series ???

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
If the new series are going to be as epic as DP i might get back into watching the anime.

The BW series really irritated me
- Ash's companions were really annoying. All Iris could say was "you're such a kid" and Cilan was a everything connoisseur.
- 90% of the series was filler
- Ash's final rival battle was a lame 1 on 1 battle instead of an epic 6 on 6.
- The pokemon league was only about 5 episodes long with again 1 filler episode.
- Ash's final unova team was weak as hell. ash's sinnoh team would 6-0 his unova team

so yeah there is a lot of room for improvement.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I guess his age is going to reverse to ten.
Technically, they can't really reverse Ash's age, since he's remained ten years old for the entire series thus far.

The main question is-

-How Lame Ash Going To Be In This Series ???
Hopefully not as lame as in Black and White.

I gotta say though, he looks pretty awesome in his new attire for Kalos. I'm really liking the new look and I can definitely get a sense of maturity from him in that screenshot. I hope that sense of maturity translates to the way the writers write him this time and not make him a total n00b like when Black and White starters.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
If the new series are going to be as epic as DP i might get back into watching the anime.

- Ash's companions were really annoying. All Iris could say was "you're such a kid" and Cilan was a everything connoisseur.
- The pokemon league was only about 5 episodes long with again 1 filler episode.
- Ash's final unova team was weak as hell. ash's sinnoh team would 6-0 his unova team

This is pretty much my mindset on the new saga and my opinion on the BW saga. If the new series ends up being like the Unova saga, then I might just be done watching.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Here the list of Rival I want to see in XY Series-

-A Jock
9k=
240px-Kevin.JPG

9k=

9k=

-A *****
270px-Erina_Cover_Art-1-_-_Copy.jpg

2Q==

http://shokugekinosoma.wikia.com/wiki/Erina_Nakiri

-A Crybaby

http://ro-kyu-bu.wikia.com/wiki/Airi_Kashii

-A Cheater

9k=

-A Delinquent
180px-Kyoya%27s_new_Leone.png

http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Kyoya_Tategami
http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Accelerator

-A expressionless silent girl
005_-_Mashiro_%282%29.jpg

http://sakurasounopetnakanojo.wikia.com/wiki/Shiina_Mashiro
http://korehazombiedesuka.wikia.com/wiki/Eucliwood_Hellscythe

-A flirty moneygrubbing manipulator
105px-Nene_Amano_t.gif

http://airgear.wikia.com/wiki/Simca
http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Nene_Amano
http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/Vulcanus_(Disgaea_4)

-A feminine-looking Boy

http://bakatotest.wikia.com/wiki/Hideyoshi_Kino****a

-An Overpowered Sarcastic Mentor
2Q==
yuji+sakamoto.jpg

http://bakatotest.wikia.com/wiki/Yūji_Sakamoto

I'm not good at explaining personality so I add this Pic & link of the character who personality I believe to be fit for Ash's new rival .

9k=

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017

You must be on crack or something because DP was never an epic series to begin with, i do believe X&Y series will do perfectly great as a new series, as long as it doesn't follow from the DP series, a lot of fans will love the XY anime series.

DP series suck

The DP trio was boring.
Ash's Sinnoh team was lame and weak.

Ash vs Paul in a 6 on 6 battle at the Pokemon League was just terrible and non epic.

I'm glad the writer's improved a bit more with the BW series.

Ash's Unova team was well strong and well train.

Trip was a great rival for Ash.

The Pokemon League was more interesting then the last one.

Iris and Cilan best part of the show.

Many great rival's.

I hope the rumors are not true about the XY series.

I do hope Ash get's all three of the Kalos region starter since all three of them do fit him perfectly.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
You must be on crack or something because DP was never an epic series to begin with, i do believe X&Y series will do perfectly great as a new series, as long as it doesn't follow from the DP series, a lot of fans will love the XY anime series.
I hope the rumors are not true about the XY series.

I do hope Ash get's all three of the Kalos region starter since all three of them do fit him perfectly.

That Only person on the Crack is You !
Because DP obviously better then the garbage call Best wishs !
I guess Your one of Kids who want everybody to see them as Special & Mature So You defend BW even though it obviously Bad because You believe that will make you look More Mature & Less Childish !
But It make you look like a idiot Or Blind Person .
You know what ?
When BW started , Some idiot complain about how Ash hogged all the spotlight from Dawn, Brock and other cast character .
They completely ignore Dawn Wallace Cup victory , she being a Runner up in GF or all the Brock episode .
So Writer listen to them and treated Ash like trash in BW !
So , I really hate them for complaining .

Ash vs Paul in a 6 on 6 battle at the Pokemon League was just terrible and non epic.
Oh , And I guess Ash & Kotetsu's full battle was Legendary !
All the Full battle in BW Sucked !

Ash's Sinnoh team was lame and weak.
Oh , and I guess Ash's Underdeveloped BW Team was way better then his Developed DP Team Where Almost all Ash's Pokemon got Real development and THEY ACTUALLY EVOLVED PROPERLY !

I'm glad the writer's improved a bit more with the BW series.
Improved ?????
Let see , We had the Worst version of Ash , Worst Tournament , Worst development , Worst Filler Saga with no plot And WORST LEAGUE .
If that Your definition of Improvement Then I wish they never improve !

Ash's Unova team was well strong and well train.
Well strong & Well Trained My foot !
Half of them didn't even got proper screentime .

Trip was a great rival for Ash.
Let see , A complete Rookie who get to be superior rival Just because he act like Paul & he's the first rival Ash met.
THATS MAKE HIM A CHEAP RIVAL , NOT GREAT RIVAL !
But again , If your a girl then thats explain why its okay to You .
Girls doesn't mind any unfairness if the Hot guy gets everything .

The Pokemon League was more interesting then the last one.
Let see , A league with 3 battle & a Filler !
That Makes it the Worst League ever !
WHAT ? Your crappy about Ash losing to a Older guy with Legendary Pokemon .
At least , Ash lose to a competent trainer who was using 2 Legendary Pokemon and Ash still look cool despite losing that Battle .
IT WAS MUCH BETTER THEN ASH LOSING TO INCOMPETENT IDIOT WHO WASN'T EVEN BROUGHT A 6TH POKEMON IN A FULL BATTLE. BECAUSE OF THIS , ASH WILL ALWAYS LOOK LIKE A LAME TRAINER NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES IN XY SERIES !

Iris and Cilan best part of the show.
Iris is Overglorified girl while Cilan is annoying guy who dance a lot !
At least , Dawn had realistic development and she didn't use one Punchline Over & Over .
Plus , She actually HELPED Ash Unlike Iris who stand in sideline shouting ''You're such kid , You're Such Kid ''

Many great rival's.
No, Many CHEAP Rival !

The DP trio was boring.
The DP Trio was much better then the current boring Trio.

DP series suck
Let see ,

DP Actually had a Plot
DP had deserving Rival like Paul , Conway & Berry .
DP had a Better League .
DP had good antagonist like Pokemon Hunter J .
Only A person who doesn't even watch Pokemon would say that .

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Whoa whoa whoa hey hey hey okay guys chill oh my goodness. DP is generally hailed as the peak of PokéAni character development and plot complexity, and for good reason. BW wasn't a patch on it in those respects and generally failed to live up to the standard that DP set. That is not to say there weren't great parts of BW or bad parts of DP, it's just that as a whole, DP was better written.

I adore the main and recurring cast of BW, but they all had so much wasted potential. The DP crew were not initially characters that I adored, but their development made me love them a whole lot. Ash's Sinnoh team was incredibly high-powered, but his Unova team was barely evolved and hardly trained during screentime and lacked creativity in move use. There are a lot of pros and cons in either saga.

That said, let's turn our attention to the actual thread topic. Guys, this thread is about the XY anime. It is for news and speculation, not arguments about previous sagas. Piks, I've said this before, it's nice that you have such a strong love for BW. But you really could do better about presenting your arguments than attacking anyone who has a different opinion. Famon, it's lovely to see you posting around and writing out well-informed opinions. But please don't attack other people! Present your opinions in a more calm manner and go more into detail on why you think that way.

This should be the last time I have to warn y'all, okay?

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Korrina might be joining Ash !
But , Will it be good for her ?
Ash's new female companion has to be someone who has a ROLE or something to achieve !
Not some Goal .
For example , In Dawn & Mays case writer know what they need to achieve in order to fulfill their goal (5 ribbon & Winning GF).
But In Misty & iris's case Writer didn't knew what they need to achieve in order to fulfill their goal .
Thats why May & Dawn were legitimately more Developed then Misty & Iris .
So I don't Writer to ruin Korrina's character by making her a cast girl !
Believe me , Iris's biggest misfortune is that she was chosen to be a cast girl .

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Korrina might be joining Ash !
But , Will it be good for her ?
Ash's new female companion has to be someone who has a ROLE or something to achieve !
Not some Goal .
For example , In Dawn & Mays case writer know what they need to achieve in order to fulfill their goal (5 ribbon & Winning GF).
But In Misty & iris's case Writer didn't knew what they need to achieve in order to fulfill their goal .
Thats why May & Dawn were legitimately more Developed then Misty & Iris .
So I don't Writer to ruin Korrina's character by making her a cast girl !
Believe me , Iris's biggest misfortune is that she was chosen to be a cast girl .
Wasn't part of the reason why Iris was chosen is because of Hilda's age, and they needed a female character about Ash's age to be his new female companion? If you worry about Korrina, then you should say how the producers could've used Shauna instead, as she has something to achieve in order to fulfill a goal (finding a dream of her own) like in the game.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Seriously , The stupid new trailer reveal nothing !!!!
How long its going to take for Ash's new traveling to be reveal ?
Worst part is ,
Ash still acting like how he was in BW !
Look like , Writer brought BW Ash again instate of bring back DP Ash Or An Improved Ash.

Wasn't part of the reason why Iris was chosen is because of Hilda's age, and they needed a female character about Ash's age to be his new female companion? If you worry about Korrina, then you should say how the producers could've used Shauna instead, as she has something to achieve in order to fulfill a goal (finding a dream of her own) like in the game.

Writer could brought an Anime exclusive girl !!!
Ash's female companion should have 3 quality-

-First , She need to be a good eye-candy

-Second , She need to be an awesome ''straight Man'' .

-Third , She need to show her ''Dere'' side toward Ash .

Misty had this 3 quality and that why she manage to create a great appeal in the show without any goal Or Character development .
Iris on other hand didn't had those quality despite being called a Misty-clone .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back