• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
If anyone wants to represent the Fairy-type club in The Amazing Pokemon Race, do contact me and I'll submit you for approval to my buddy Sun. Good luck to all those participating!

Reactions: Sun

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I hope you don't mind me answering some old questions:

If you can pick a mascot for the Fairy-type, who would it be?
That'd be either Sylveon and Floette for me, since both of them are charming and has a hidden strong side (the rose has its thorns, right? :P) So I think they'd be perfect as the mascot for Fairy-type.

And who should be the mascot for Fairy-type Club?
I would be going with Sylveon. After all, it's the first Pokémon to be revealed as Fairy-type in public.

Years

That'd be either Sylveon and Floette for me, since both of them are charming and has a hidden strong side (the rose has its thorns, right? :P) So I think they'd be perfect as the mascot for Fairy-type.

I would be going with Sylveon. After all, it's the first Pokémon to be revealed as Fairy-type in public.

I would agree about Sylveon being the natural choice considering it was the first Fairy-type Pokemon revealed, like you said. Sylveon also has a lot of the signature Fairy-type traits, such as cute design and mysterious powers.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years

I second this! I find that Sylveon's the first Pokemon that comes to my mind when I think of the Fairy type so it would make a perfect mascot for the club!

Years
Now you're making me consider replacing that Mega Mawile pic in the OP with a pic of Sylveon. I have seen so many adorable fanart of the beloved Eeveelution herself so it may take a while for me to choose a pic to use.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
What if Fairy-type existed in Gen I?
Keep these points in mind:
- There were no Dark or Steel-types in that era.
- Feel free to assume whether it would be under Physical or Special.
- Assume the impact it will make; don't forget the connection it has with the Poison-type and the Dragon-type.
- The Clefairy line are pure Fairy-types, the Jigglypuff line and Mr. Mime are part Fairy.
- Pokémon hadn't exceed beyond 151 that time.
- It's totally up to you to decide whether 'modern moves' like Moonblast should have existed or not.
- And other stuff that I forgot to mention.

Years

I imagine the type would have been just as broken as Psychic, mainly using the Special stat (especially when you look at most of today's Fairy-types focusing on Sp. Atk and Sp. Def) which as we know, was a very broken stat back then. Given nothing resists Fairy other than Poison in this situation, it is indeed a broken type going by 1st Gen mechanics.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017

I imagine the type would have been just as broken as Psychic, mainly using the Special stat (especially when you look at most of today's Fairy-types focusing on Sp. Atk and Sp. Def) which as we know, was a very broken stat back then. Given nothing resists Fairy other than Poison in this situation, it is indeed a broken type going by 1st Gen mechanics.

That is right. Back then S.A and S.D are one stat, so that makes perfect sense if most Fairies have a high Special stat. Therefore, it's normal to assume that Fairy-type would be under the Special category.

Just imagine the likes of Clefable, Wigglytuff, Mr. Mime dominating the tier. {XD}

Here's a new topic for us two.
If you were allowed to distribute a non-legendary shiny Pokemon, what special moves would it have?
- Keep in mind Fairy-types only.
- Be overpower as much as you want, just give a good explanation.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Answering the topic to bump.

Shiny Flabebe (White Flower)
Psyshock
Aura Sphere
Quiver Dance
Baton Pass

The first two moves are for coverage and it makes perfect sense for them to receive the moves, due to Fairies being mystical and magical. While the latter two moves are to improvise the Flabebe line's supportive role. :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Keep these points in mind:
- There were no Dark or Steel-types in that era.
- Feel free to assume whether it would be under Physical or Special.
- Assume the impact it will make; don't forget the connection it has with the Poison-type and the Dragon-type.
- The Clefairy line are pure Fairy-types, the Jigglypuff line and Mr. Mime are part Fairy.
- Pokémon hadn't exceed beyond 151 that time.
- It's totally up to you to decide whether 'modern moves' like Moonblast should have existed or not.
- And other stuff that I forgot to mention.

If Fairy Type existed in Gen 1 it would not be as broken as Psychic as there were numerous Poison or part Poison Types in Gen 1 with some such as Vileplume having the relatively strong Acid move which could do real damage to the Fairy Types.

Fairy is strong against meaning if one had say a Clefairy in the Party half of the Elite Four would be s cakewalk as Fighting and Dragon are weak to Fairy.

Moonblast could be a two-turn move like Solarbeam.

Psychic would still be broken however with Fairy in the game. Some players found Sabrina the hardest trainer in the Original games and she would remain difficult with Fairy in the game. It should be noted however that the Gastly line are part Poison.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
If Fairy Type existed in Gen 1 it would not be as broken as Psychic as there were numerous Poison or part Poison Types in Gen 1 with some such as Vileplume having the relatively strong Acid move which could do real damage to the Fairy Types.

Fairy is strong against meaning if one had say a Clefairy in the Party half of the Elite Four would be s cakewalk as Fighting and Dragon are weak to Fairy.

Moonblast could be a two-turn move like Solarbeam.

Psychic would still be broken however with Fairy in the game. Some players found Sabrina the hardest trainer in the Original games and she would remain difficult with Fairy in the game. It should be noted however that the Gastly line are part Poison.

True on being 'not as broken'. But let's not forget the strongest Poison-type Sludge that time, which wasn't that strong at all, let alone Acid a move with barely 40 BP like Water Gun, Ember etc.

I think the type would be fairly popular yet not as big as today. Why? Only the Clefairy line and Mr. Mime would stand out, basing on the Gen I Fairies' stats. :) It's possible for the Clefairy line to take over Indigo league as you said, though. :D

The Gastly line had no access to an offensive Poison-type move in Gen I. However, all Gen I Fairies have access to the move 'Psychic''. >:)

Years
True on being 'not as broken'. But let's not forget the strongest Poison-type Sludge that time, which wasn't that strong at all, let alone Acid a move with barely 40 BP like Water Gun, Ember etc.

I think the type would be fairly popular yet not as big as today. Why? Only the Clefairy line and Mr. Mime would stand out, basing on the Gen I Fairies' stats. :) It's possible for the Clefairy line to take over Indigo league as you said, though. :D

The Gastly line had no access to an offensive Poison-type move in Gen I. However, all Gen I Fairies have access to the move 'Psychic''. >:)

Ah yes, 1st Gen didn't have very strong moves back then and Gastly's line not having any Poison attacks + most Fairy-types learning Psychic made it not the best way to counter. In fact, every Poison-type was weak to Psychic in this generation so countering Fairy back then would have been much more difficult compared to today.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
The Fairy-type Pokemon are mainly associated with the following colors (NOT counting shinies): Pink, white and a slight degree on blue.

Question is -drumrolls-
What kind of colors should we see in the future?

Years
What kind of colors should we see in the future?

You know, after seeing Spritzee's shiny form I started looking just how beautiful purple looks on Fairy-types, and it would be awesome to see more Fairy-types with the colour, and we already have a couple of types that make the colour good so why not Fairy as well? Yellow would be another nice colour, especially for one designed around happiness or the sun.

Years
I had to bump this because the results for the Fairy-type poll came in, and we had a change up in the winner this time:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=358547

Our recently-announced club mascot Sylveon has made it to the FPT finale for the first time, dethroning two-time Fairy FPT champion Togekiss by just one vote, and also making Sylveon the third Eeveelution through to the final poll this year.

So, what do you think about Sylveon finally getting a FPT win?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Hikamaru;900599[spoiler said:
]had to bump this because the results for the Fairy-type poll came in, and we had a change up in the winner this time:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=358547

Our recently-announced club mascot Sylveon has made it to the FPT finale for the first time, dethroning two-time Fairy FPT champion Togekiss by just one vote, and also making Sylveon the third Eeveelution through to the final poll this year.

So, what do you think about Sylveon finally getting a FPT win?
[/spoiler]

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

What colours would you like to see for Fairy Types?

Considering how much I love Shiny Florges (I have a Yellow Flower variant called 'Lucky') I'd like to see more Fairy Types have a Dark royal purple shade similar to the Garden Pokémon's Shiny Form.

Purple could also add to the mysteriosness of Fairies particularly if it is a Lilac Shade.

What do you make of Sylveon's win in the Fairy category.

I am surprised that Sylveon has not won before. Perhaps I underestimate the Togepi's line popularity. The Pokemon Sylveon for me is the prototypical Fairy Type.

Other than it being the Fairy evolution of the popular Eevee it has a unique method of evolution, indeed it is useful in competitive battling which cannot be said of all Eeveelutions. Sylveon also has an excellent Shiny which cannot be said of all Eeveelutions or indeed Fairy Types.

It would have been interesting to see how the results for the poll would have gone if the very popular Gardevoir was an option in the poll. (The Embrace Pokemon had already won the earlier Psychic poll and by some distance)

Years
I am surprised that Sylveon has not won before. Perhaps I underestimate the Togepi's line popularity. The Pokemon Sylveon for me is the prototypical Fairy Type.

Other than it being the Fairy evolution of the popular Eevee it has a unique method of evolution, indeed it is useful in competitive battling which cannot be said of all Eeveelutions. Sylveon also has an excellent Shiny which cannot be said of all Eeveelutions or indeed Fairy Types.

It would have been interesting to see how the results for the poll would have gone if the very popular Gardevoir was an option in the poll. (The Embrace Pokemon had already won the earlier Psychic poll and by some distance)

I can easily see your points here, I mainly think the Togepi line's popularity was due to the fact Misty owned a Togepi in the anime, and Togekiss being a really strong attacker also was likely why it was popular. But yes, I do think Sylveon is the true poster child for Fairy Pokemon since it is the first one to be revealed.

I also loved the shiny Sylveon (blue actually looks nice on it) and the fact it utilizes a new mechanic in 6th Gen to evolve it makes it serve as an incentive to use said mechanic (Pokemon Amie) and bond with it. And if Gardevoir was an option I could have seen it winning this poll if its dominance in the Psychic-type poll was so huge.

Killua

My partner is gardevoir

It is strong cute and have few weakness

What is your opinion towards the Fairy type in battle? Cool and strong also cute

Years
Username: le Batman

My partner is gardevoir

It is strong cute and have few weakness

What is your opinion towards the Fairy type in battle? Cool and strong also cute

Hello there to you too!

Gardevoir seems to be a popular choice for partner Pokemon, and I can easily see why given how great it became with its new Fairy-type and Mega. It actually won a Favourite Pokemon Tournament type poll a few weeks ago (although the type it won was Psychic, not Fairy) so hopefully you'll plan to vote for it in the finale which will be soon.

Fairy-types are definitely what you said, adorable but can pack a punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back