• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
  • What is your opinion towards the Fairy type in battle?

The Fairy type is a wonderful type in battle. Not only does it do super effective damage against three types, but it's also immune to Dragon-types. Fighting, a very common offensive type in the game, suffers from this, and sometimes doesn't have good moves to counter them. One of the types that resists it, Fire, fails to be a good defensive type most of the time and falls flat when facing Fairies, particularly Azumarill and Diancie. Its only true threats are rarely used offensively, making it a good typing defensively. If you're evil enough, make a good offensive Fairy (winks at Granbull) learn Earthquake or some other good Ground-type move to destroy those Poison- and Steel-type foes.

It does suffer a lot, however.

Fairies typically have a low Speed and Defense, meaning even a Close Combat would finish them before they can even boost their stats. Also, because it's the newest type, it suffers by having a lack of good offensive moves, having only one Physical move, and Dazzling Gleam being the only TM so far. Since Poison and Steel are usually Physical types, especially when using Poison Jab or Iron Head, it won't be long before the Fairy faints from a worthy foe like a Cobalion. And remember when I mentioned Ground-type moves? Well, good luck fainting Skarmory without a Slurpuff on your team.
    Even with all this being said, Fairy is a good type if you know how to use it.

Killua

Well fairy is quite a hard type to use but it acts well for me as revenge killers, since i normally lead with poks weak to the types that fairy is strong against and is nice having a typing that has advantages against a lot of types used more for attacking and Mawil is just awesome, Also Clefable is great in my M tyranitar team.

Years
  • I really have to love Angelo's response here. The fact that Fairy's major weaknesses are physical-based means that the type really doesn't stand up well against an opponent that isn't special, unless if you have the bulkiness of Carbink hehehe

Being the newest type and therefore lacking in the moves department makes sense, but hopefully 7th Gen will continue to expand the type, as long as they put focus into it, such as adding more new moves and hopefully new Fairy type combinations.

Oh, and a notice: Name changes are now happening, so if you're getting a name change please let me know so that I can update your name on the members list. Confusion is the last thing I'd want to go through here.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Master of Memes
    Gardevoir
    Fairies are soo comforting to look at. So magical, yet tough!

LRachelR5
    Gardevior and Sylveon
    Fairies have become one of my new favourite types and they looks so gorgeous

Hello you two, welcome to PC's most magical and glittery club! What is your opinion towards the Fairy type in battle?

Years
  • Hello you two, welcome to PC's most magical and glittery club! What is your opinion towards the Fairy type in battle?

I have to say I really enjoy using fairies in battle. I'm currently doing a mono fairy run of Y but I have to say that sadly Flabebe's not the bulkiest of pokemon... Although like stated previously I love the Gardevior line. And I know Azurill will be my tank when exolved.

Reactions: Sun

Adam Levine

Years
  • How do you feel about "non-fairy" Pokemon getting the fairy typing but others that resemble fairies being left out?

It haunts me that Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf aren't Fairy-types. Even in the names, they deserve a Fairy-type. But did Game Freak decide to do that? No. Instead they just gave it to other random Pokémon...like Mr. Mime. WHY?! I get that Mr. Mime needs some buffing, but why this?!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    How do you feel about "non-fairy" Pokemon getting the fairy typing but others that resemble fairies being left out?

It haunts me that Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf aren't Fairy-types. Even in the names, they deserve a Fairy-type. But did Game Freak decide to do that? No. Instead they just gave it to other random Pokémon...like Mr. Mime. WHY?! I get that Mr. Mime needs some buffing, but why this?!

The buff that Mr. Mime needs are its stats, not the typing. I say Game Freak has done a bad move on that; while people are criticizing the decisions on making the Snubull line as a Fairy-type, they've forgotten the Mime Jr. line! Lol

As for the Lake Trio, I think their type changes were ignored on purpose; Celebi, Jirachi also remained untouched. Let's just hope that they'll get their well deserved Fairy typing, when they were given alternative forms (by any means).

I have to say I really enjoy using fairies in battle. I'm currently doing a mono fairy run of Y but I have to say that sadly Flabebe's not the bulkiest of pokemon... Although like stated previously I love the Gardevior line. And I know Azurill will be my tank when exolved.

The Flabébé line is slightly like the pseudo-legendary Pokémon, she becomes reliable as she evolves into her final evolutionary stage! ;) She performs even better in Double and Triple battles!

Here's an interesting note, Florges has 50 points less base stat than the pseudo-legendary Pokémon!

Last edited:

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Username: HudsonBay
    Partner Pokemon: Gardevoir!
    Why you like Fairies: Fairy is one of my all-time favourite additions to the Pokemon franchise. This is because I'm a huge fan of fairies in general, I watch Tinker Bell movies, collect fairy figures and even included my own idea of fairies in a story I'm writing.
    What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why? This is actually slightly harder for me to answer, as I've only experienced Fairies thus far through playing AS. However, Gardevoir has always been a favourite of mine and I was delighted to discover that it is now part Fairy! Seeing Gardevoir use Moonblast has been an absolute joy in my battles!

Killua

Welcome!!! Gardevoir is boss as hell with the fairy typing, finally surpassing Alakazam and her mega is also cool.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Username: HudsonBay
    Partner Pokemon: Gardevoir!
    Why you like Fairies: Fairy is one of my all-time favourite additions to the Pokemon franchise. This is because I'm a huge fan of fairies in general, I watch Tinker Bell movies, collect fairy figures and even included my own idea of fairies in a story I'm writing.
    What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why? This is actually slightly harder for me to answer, as I've only experienced Fairies thus far through playing AS. However, Gardevoir has always been a favourite of mine and I was delighted to discover that it is now part Fairy! Seeing Gardevoir use Moonblast has been an absolute joy in my battles!

Hello HudsonBay! Nice seeing you around here as well, haha!

Would you like a golden pixie Pokemon someday? -giggles-
    I love Mega Gardevoir too! My M-Gardevoir's Hyper Voice kills too! >:)

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Hello HudsonBay! Nice seeing you around here as well, haha!

Would you like a golden pixie Pokemon someday? -giggles-
    I love Mega Gardevoir too! My M-Gardevoir's Hyper Voice kills too! >:)

Long time no see! You have Hikamaru to thank for that, she mentioned both fan clubs in my introduction post! I would bloody love to see a golden Pixie Pokemon! XD
    I made the huge mistake of not teaching my Gardevoir Hyper Voice, as I didn't know what the Mega form's ability was! Obviously need to go heart scale hunting at some point!

Years
  • Given you chose Gardevoir as your partner there Coby, I bet you'd be shocked to learn it's officially the most picked partner Pokemon in this club, beating the likes of Togekiss, Azumarill and even the club mascot Sylveon. Gardevoir had actually claimed the championship in last year's Favourite Pokemon Tournament as well, after initially being named winner for the Psychic-type title for the third straight year.

Killua

Yeah... Sadly a lot of people think that a lot of Gardevoir fans are pervs and that sucks cos it is one of the best psychic pokes

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Given you chose Gardevoir as your partner there Coby, I bet you'd be shocked to learn it's officially the most picked partner Pokemon in this club, beating the likes of Togekiss, Azumarill and even the club mascot Sylveon. Gardevoir had actually claimed the championship in last year's Favourite Pokemon Tournament as well, after initially being named winner for the Psychic-type title for the third straight year.

I had no idea! Good going Gardevoir!! :D I've just ordered Pokemon X seeing as none of the local stores have it, I can't wait to see Sylveon finally! That's nice to hear, I wasn't aware Gardevoir was such a popular Pokemon! Will this tournament be happening this year as well?

EDIT: Until buying X and having the means to play it, I have tried to avoid seeing too much info about it as I was disappointed enough that I had no chance to play it. Now that it's on the way, I finally have looked at the Kalos Dex and I've fallen in love with Florges, that's a priority for my future team! :3

Last edited:

Adam Levine

Years
  • Mind if I make a topic?

How did you first react when the Fairy type was first reavealed?

I was all like, "Cool. New type." I wasn't really quite such the excited type when it came to introducing things other than new Pokémon. However, seeing that it's a great type in battle, I just thought that the type was one of the best in the game. Maybe one more generation and it will become overpowered. XD

Killua

First I was like Celebi will be incredible now!!! Them when X Y Camé I was sad as hell.

Years
  • Mind if I make a topic?

How did you first react when the Fairy type was first reavealed?

I was all like, "Cool. New type." I wasn't really quite such the excited type when it came to introducing things other than new Pokémon. However, seeing that it's a great type in battle, I just thought that the type was one of the best in the game. Maybe one more generation and it will become overpowered. XD

I think the lack of moves is because the type is still new, but it is damn strong in competitive thanks to its ability to trump over very common attacking types such as Fighting, Dark and Dragon. We already have some strong moves in Play Rough, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam and also Pixilated Hyper Voice and Return. 7th Gen should hopefully expand the movepool and add some new type combinations as well and the type will finally be in line with the others.

I actually reacted quite well to the type announcement, especially after all the speculation on Sylveon being a new type which I was likely seeing given its features never fitted most existing types.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back