• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
When I open up Visual Boy Advance and click tools/record/start AVI recording, it starts recording perfectly fine. However when I open the video later the footage is fliped upside-down. Is there a way to fix this?

Sorry, for all these newb questions. I REALLY appreciate all the friendly help you guys give.

Well you could always get a video editing program like Cyberlink PowerDirector and use the rotation tool lol. Besides that, I'm testing random stuff out and I don't get an upside down video at all. Always rightside up. You should list all your settings chosen in the Options tab.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 23, 2014
I haven't had an issue yet with adding banks. It is adding extra maps to banks that already exist that causes corruption. So, to be safe, when you add a new bank, just set the number of blank maps to like 10 or something. If they don't get used, it is fine. If I remember correctly, a blank map is only a blank pointer, or 4 bytes. Nothing compared to 16 mb.

So do you mean where it says "Number of reserved new maps" set that number to 10?

Charles Dupiau

ROM HACKER
Years
Is there a tutorial on how to import r/s/e tiles to fire red? I saw a tutorial like this on a website, but I am unable to find it again.

Can someone send me the link?

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Hi.
Does anybody know of any tool I could use to rip sounds from GBA pokemon games as soundfonts?(.SF2 files)
I tried a tool called gbaMusRiper but it didn't work. Apparently there's something different about FR/LG/RSE from other GBA games, and the difference prevents the tool from detecting the songtable.
Or if anybody could point me to a complete FR/LG/RSE soundfont that'd work too.

Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
How do you upload a rom so friends can play it? Would I have to use a site like coolroms?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
I have a problem with Advance Map,
I create a new map, all the warps are fine but there is one problem.
The Name is set to LITTLEROOT TOWN. If I try to change it then it changes the name of Littleroot Town as well. I am planning to make a good hack and if I can't insert new areas without customising the name then I am pretty much Screwed. Plz Help D:

Extra Details

Rom Base is Ruby
Advance Map 1.9.5
I am making a house in route 101 that leads inside the house with a warp ( the inside is called Littleroot town and that is my problem)

- Derp

Charles Dupiau

ROM HACKER
Years
How do you add the day and night system on fire red?
I know you can do this because I saw people on youtube changing the time of day in their Pokemon games by changing the time on their computer.

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
You can do it with a tool called "Day Night Seasons (DNS)" from prime-dialga.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
How to script a safari zone battle?

You can begin Safari Zone battles (in FR) by using the command 'special 0xCD' and turn them off with 'special 0xCE'. There is a limitation in that you can't use the wildbattle command as it will just revert to a normal one-on-one Pokemon battle with no Safari Zone modifiers so you can't set up battles with one-off Pokemon.

If you would like to do some advanced Safari Zone editing then you can check out this tutorial (Written in Spanish).

How do you upload a rom so friends can play it? Would I have to use a site like coolroms?

You're not allowed to upload ROMs and then link them here at PokeCommunity due to potential legal issues. If you want to share it here then you can make a patch by using a program like Lunar IPS or A-Ptch. You can then upload the patch to a third-party site/ attach it to one of your posts where others can download it.

I have a problem with Advance Map,
I create a new map, all the warps are fine but there is one problem.
The Name is set to LITTLEROOT TOWN. If I try to change it then it changes the name of Littleroot Town as well. I am planning to make a good hack and if I can't insert new areas without customising the name then I am pretty much Screwed. Plz Help D:

Extra Details

Rom Base is Ruby
Advance Map 1.9.5
I am making a house in route 101 that leads inside the house with a warp ( the inside is called Littleroot town and that is my problem)

- Derp

You can change the name the map is registered under by opening the map's header tab and selecting a place from the drop down box in the upper-left corner. Save your ROM then reload AdvanceMap (F5) and the map should now be under the proper name.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
You can begin Safari Zone battles (in FR) by using the command 'special 0xCD' and turn them off with 'special 0xCE'. There is a limitation in that you can't use the wildbattle command as it will just revert to a normal one-on-one Pokemon battle with no Safari Zone modifiers so you can't set up battles with one-off Pokemon.

Thank you very much :D :D :D :D.

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
Ok,
So I have an idea of creating a "Bank System" for Fire Red...

My only problem I seem to not be able to solve by my self is the fact that I can not figure out how the Player gets money after a trainer battle.

I need help finding the routine that gives the player money after the battle.
I have tried to use IDA an realize that I just do not hold the necessary skills to decipher where the routine is being held...

I can not continue my mod with out this =( So anyone with any information that can help me or anyone who is willing to help create the system please let me know ASAP....

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 23, 2014
How do I increase or decrease the size of the border block in Advance Map? And is it safe to do so?

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
How do I increase or decrease the size of the border block in Advance Map? And is it safe to do so?

I don't think you can, and why do you want to increase the border block anyway?

EDIT: I was wrong, you actually can.

Just goto Header, and go into ADvance mode (Ctrl+H). Under MAP DATA, change the BORDER WIDTH and BORDER HEIGHT.

Last edited:

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
You actually can do it. I've never done it before and I don't know if it is safe, but it should be.
To do it, go to the Header tab, press Ctrl+H. At the bottom of "Map data" there are "Border width" and "Border height" input boxes. When you're done, press "Save changes and reload map." (this is for AdvanceMap 1.92)

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
This MUST work.
Look at Virdian wood. It's trees has 3 blocks in width.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Would it be possible so that a regular item can't be sold or tossed? :) So essentially it has the properties of a Key Item but is stackable and is in the item slot?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014
Would it be possible so that a regular item can't be sold or tossed? :) So essentially it has the properties of a Key Item but is stackable and is in the item slot?

Use an item editor to set the item's price to 0 and shops won't buy the item. I don't know a way to prevent discarding it though.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Could somebody tell me the unLZ-GBA number or at least offset of the tilemap used by "Pokémon" image in Emerald's titlescreen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back