• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Indigo Trainers Association (T)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ok, that's good, just get your post total up soon, but you're accepted for Ryhorn!

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
  • Name: Rebecca Tyrer
    Gender F
    Starting town: Pallet if possible!
    Appearance:
    Indigo Trainers Association (T)

Personality: Rebecca is nicknamed by her friends as Holly Go-Lightly - yes, in homage to the timeless female protagonist of Breakfast At Tiffany's - and this nickname really does tell you all you need to know about Rebecca's personality. Generally, the lows of life don't tend to get Rebecca down as she has enough maturity of thought and foresight to live by the idea that after every low comes a high, and that the highs must be enjoyed and lived to the full.

This isn't to say, however, that Rebecca floats through life on a cotton-candy cloud filled with rainbows and unicorns. She is very aware of the dark side of life, and during battles and when defending herself and those she loves, a darker more aggressive side of her is awakened and she is willing to fight to the death if necessary. She believes that the things in life worth fighting for are worth fighting to the death for, hence why she feels she must register to fight with the Indigo Trainer's Association.

History: In terms of childhood and background, Rebecca has no horrifying story to tell, nor has she been uprooted from her hometown as a result of a disastrous war, nor has she been raised in a completely isolated, unconventional way. Originally from Pewter City, Rebecca's parents were researchers at the Museum there, and they encouraged Rebecca to live among pokemon and enjoy their company. Perhaps influenced by her hometown, she grew a fondness for rock-type pokemon, and dreams to own her own team of powerful rock and steel-type pokemon.

At the age of 6, when she was out with her Father on a field research trip in Mt. Moon, she and her father were attacked by Team Rocket minions, before the second break-up of the Organisation, and her Father was badly beaten and hospitalised having had all his notes and pokemon stolen. Although her father made a full recover and Rebecca witnessed the break-up of the Organisation shortly after, this incident made her vow to always do everything in her power, whether alone or in a Team herself, to stop any other evil organisations from hurting people and pokemon like those Rockets hurt her father.

Starter Pokemon: Hoppip please! :)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    @SelenaStar: You are accepted! Spots are full for now!

Last edited:

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    @Elite Killer: thanks, and I'll try to asap XD
    @SelenaStar: that was an awesome SU (I suppose that's my one random compliment for the day ;p)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ok guys, we are starting the RP! I will not be gone all weekend which means we can start. Make your first post about picking up your package. You can start heading towards the first Gyms of Kanto/Johto. I will have an OOC thread up shortly, so you can make requests, post SU's and chat about the RP. More info will be there. Also, a rule change: When you want to catch a Pokemon, ask in the OOC thread and I will accept/deny. If I deny, i will tell you where to go to so you can catch it.

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
    Years
  • Shirona woke up and looked at her alarm clock. "6:30 in the morning? Really? Oh well", she said with a sigh. She got up and got dressed. After making a cup of coffee she headed outside to enjoy her breakfast. "What the..?", she said. There was a brown box on her doorstep. She picked it up and brought it inside. "I hope someone didn't abandon another pokemon. I have no desire to travel to Lavander Town on a Saturday morning.", she said. Her mother's Hoppip named Fluff floated over. "Pip? Hoppip?", Fluff said. "I don't know what it is", she said. She carefully opened the package. In it were 6 pokeballs, a pokedex, 1,000$, 5 potions, 5 full heals and a card for a PC account. The first pokeball Shirona picked up felt heaver than an empty pokeball. She pushed the button and out came a..."Vulpix?", Shirona said. Then she remembered. "Ohhh, you must be the Vulpix the ITA sent me", she said. The Vulpix looked at her. "Pix?", it said, before sniffing Shirona.

After packing her bag, Shirona checked her map. "Ok, first city with a gym is Violet City. Falkner is the leader if memory serves. Flying types", she said. Vulpix didn't like her pokeball, so Shirona was carrying the fox pokemon. An old man stopped her and gave her running shoes. After that random encounter she took a deep breath. "You ready Vulpix?", she asked. "Pix! Vulpix!", Vulpix cried. Shirona smiled. "Ok, onward we go then", she said, walking out of the city.

SelenaStar

Years
  • "You have your PokeGear."

"Yes Mom."

"And you have enough food?"

"...I'm going to Pallet Town, Mom."

"Right, yes of course...and you have your-"

"Mom! I have everything!" interrupted the frustrated voice of one Rebecca Tyrer, the 14 year old's blue eyes blazing as she turned in the doorway of her Pewter City home to face her Mother, who was watching her anxiously from the hall. Her Mother paused for a moment, sighed and smiled at her daughter whilst walking towards her. Rebecca turned to face her fully and let her Mother hold one of her hands in both of hers, nose wrinkling slightly at the tears that were welling up in her Mom's eyes...how embarrassing...she was just glad that none of her friends were here to see this..."What I really need is to go, I'm going to be late otherwise" she said in a softer tone of voice.

"Yes...of course. Okay honey, you go get 'em!" trilled her Mother, but Rebecca suspected the chirpiness was somewhat forced. She raised an eyebrow at her Mom and smiled, nodding.

"I'll see you soon Mom!" she called as she walked out of the house, waving behind her before taking a deep breath and looking around the City that had been her home for the past 14 years. Brock's Gym...the Pokemon Centre...the Museum where she spent half her life...Mt. Moon. Looking up at the mountain strengthened her resolve. Reminded her of her purpose. And with that she continued walking, eyes forward, never looking back.

Climbing down the ledges in Viridian Forest carefully, Rebecca couldn't help but be slightly nervous...she could easily be attacked by wild pokemon here - she had refused a pokemon companion from her parents, as she did not know when she would be able to return it to them...that was starting to feel like a bad idea right about now.

A rustle in a bush next to her made her suck her breath in quickly, turning with arms raised ready to try defending herself. She looked down at the Caterpie who had emerged from the brush, watching her curiously and laughed to herself - just a Caterpie...the thing was, even though she didn't have a pokemon with her, the common pokemon in Viridian Forest were generally weak and a lot smaller and slower than she was. She didn't have anything to worry about...unless she should have the misfortune to run into a hoarde of wild Beedrill.

Luckily she made it through the Forest with no such poor luck, making her way through Viridian City. She looked around the green city as she walked - since Blue had taken over the Gym with the fall of Team Rocket the City had thrived - he certainly knew what he was doing. The place had a new, vibrant energy to it...a lot different than the slower, sleepier place of Pallet where she was destined.

After a while, Rebecca finally arrived in Pallet Town, looking up at the Indigo Trainer Association Office with excitement. She bit her lower lip and jumped from foot to foot slightly, breaking into a run toward the building. She couldn't wait to get her first Pokemon - she'd been waiting weeks for this moment...

"Rebecca Tyrer, Pewter City" she announced to the lady at the registration desk once inside the office, voice tingling with suppressed excitement. The woman smiled in amusement - every youngster she registered was exactly the same, same sense of unbridled hope and anticipation for what was to come, the same rushed tone of voice, the same gleam in their eyes. Rebecca handed over her PokeGear that contained her ID and the woman nodded, turning away to a shelf behind her for a moment or two and then turning back around with a brown box and a pokeball sat on a plastic stand atop it.

"Miss Tyrer, in this box you will find your PokeDex, 5 Pokeballs, $1000.00 in cash, 5 Full Heals, 5 Potions and information on how to access your PC account. Of course, your starter pokemon is also here, and you will find information on this pokemon pre-loaded in your PokeDex." She sat down and pushed Rebecca's PokeGear back across the table to her. "Good luck Rebecca" she said warmly and Rebecca nodded, putting her PokeGear back in her bag and taking the Pokeball in her hand.

It felt just right, as though it had been made especially to fit her hand. Before releasing her pokemon, she sat down and opened the brown box, transferring the items and cash to her bag, satisfied at the extra weight in the bag. She opened up her PokeDex and found information on one pokemon in there - Hoppip! Nearly letting out a burst of excitement at how adorable the Hoppip was in the picture, she put the box in the trash before running out of the office. Once outside she looked at the Pokeball before grinning widely.

"Hoppip! I choose you!" she exclaimed, throwing the ball towards the ground. She watched with wide eyes as the red light emerged, forming into a floating Grass pokemon, who floated around in the air watching Rebecca. With a smile Rebecca watched as Hoppip floated up to her tentatively, then away, then back again. She reached out and the Hoppip sniffed her hand slowly before allowing her to stroke him.

"Ah Hoppip, it's good to meet you! I'm Rebecca," she said, as Hoppip watched her with cute but intelligent-looking eyes, "and...well, we'll be going on an adventure, you and I! Shall we go and get some training in early?" she asked eagerly and Hoppip nodded, floating alongside her as she ran through Pallet Town to the grasses just North of the Town.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
  • Tyson rose from his bed and took a look at his alarm clock. He took a shower and put his clothes on. Tyson walked downstairs to see some cereal placed on the table.

" Eat up Tyson. It's a long adventure ahead of you," His mother enticed Tyson. Tyson began eating his cereal. Tyson's mother brought down his bag, which contained the essentials for Tyson's Journey.

" Here Tyson. All the stuff you need," his mother informed him. Tyson finished his cereal and grabbed the bag. Tyson hugged his mother and walked out the door. The ITA office was a block away from Tyson's house, so getting there would be no inconvenience for Tyson, he would have to get use to walking anyway. He approached the building, ready for his new Pokemon, Magnemite. Just outside of the office, Tyson saw a girl around his age acquainting herself with a Hoppip, probably a Pokemon she got from the office. Tyson walked inside and towards the counter.

" Hello. I am Tyson McLennan and i'm here to pick up my package," Tyson introduced. The secretary grabbed a box with T.M. marked on the box. Tyson took the box and thanked the lady. Tyson put the items and money in his bag and grabbed the Pokeball, which contained Magnemite. Tyson walked outside of the Office, noticing that the girl was gone. Tyson released the Magnemite. The Magnemite danced effortlessly around while Tyson watched it.

" How about we get this show on the road," Tyson asked the Magnemite. The Magnemite agreed and the two walked to the North exit of Pallet Town and out into Route 1.

" Let's start training," Tyson announced.

SelenaStar

Years
  • "Okay Hoppip!! Use...urrr..." Rebecca paused for a moment, realising she hadn't looked at Hoppip's moveset when she investigated in the PokeDex before. She rummaged in her bag for the PokeDex as Hoppip and the Rattata they'd discovered in the tall grass looked first at each other then at her. It was actually a relatively comical scene, and whenever Rebecca looked back on her first wild pokemon encounter in the future the same thought would always be in her mind - why on earth did the Rattata stay? Was she really that feeble a trainer at the beginning that even a Rattata didn't try to escape?

"Ha!" she exclaimed in triumph, flipping open her PokeDex and scrolling down to Hoppip. There! Okay...Splash. HA! Really? Not a promising start...Synthesis. Oh, that was a useful move to have. Confusion! A pretty powerful and useful psychic type attack - that was a pleasant surprise! Closing up her PokeDex, after identifying Rattata in it of course, she turned back to the matter at hand.

"Okay Hoppip. Use your Confusion!" she instructed, and Hoppip turned to the Rattata, who now looked as though it wished it had ran away when it had the chance, with his eyes glowing an eerie pink. Suddenly a piercing noise broke through Rebecca's mind, almost like a very high-pitched out-of-frequency radio station. She put her hands over her ears and closed her eyes, screwing up her face in pain. "HOPPIP! CONCENTRATE ON RATTATA, DON'T INCLUDE ME IN THIS!" she yelled over the noise and the noise subsided somewhat as Hoppip focused the attack on the Rattata in front of him, whose face wrinkled even more, shaking from side to side as it was weakened by the attack.

"Enough!" ordered Rebecca, wanting to see how the attack affected Rattata before she finished it off. The pokemon was stumbling around, a blank expression on it's face as though unaware its surroundings as it looked round. Rebecca nodded slowly, interesting...as the name suggested, the attack caused a confused state that made the pokemon less likely to be capable of attacking. "Okay Hoppip, let's finish this! Use your Confusion again!" As Hoppip's eyes glowed, the attack lasted half the duration of the first time before Rattata's eyes closed and it fainted, mouth open. Rebecca stepped back in horror...would it come round? She knew she had to do this...but she didn't want it to get attacked while it was out! She crouched down watching for a moment or two before Rattata's eyes opened. She sighed in relief, it was okay.

Hoppip bounced around in the air, elated to have won his first victory. Rebecca laughed and whooped, jumping around with Hoppip. She stopped as she noticed she wasn't alone...a boy of about her age was training with his Magnemite...had he just gotten that Pokemon from the ITA office?

"Umm...hey!! Nice Magnemite!" she said shyly, complimenting his Pokemon. "Did you just pick it up from the ITA office? I got my Hoppip from there just now" she gestured to the Hoppip floating by her side as she spoke.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
  • "Umm...hey!! Nice Magnemite!" The voice startled Tyson, and he turned around to see who it was. It was the girl from the Office.

"Did you just pick it up from the ITA office? I got my Hoppip from there just now," she asked.

" Yea, I did. Tyson McLennan, nice to meet you," Tyson responded.

" Your Hoppip looks excited to be out training," Tyson added. Tyson focused on a wild Pidgey that approached Magnemite.

" Magnemite, use Metal Sound," Tyson shouted. Magnemite emitted a horrible sound which sounded like scraping metal. The sound affected the Pidgey, who was cringing at the sound.

" Magnemite, use tackle," Tyson ordered, pointing at the Pidgey. Magnemite charged at the Pidgey, knocking it down. Magnemite retreated to Tyson and waited for Tyson's next command.

" Sorry for being rude," Tyson apologized to the girl.

" I saw what happened when you were battling that Rattata. You were affected by Hoppip's confusion. When first training a new Pokemon, point at what you want your Pokemon to attack. It helps," Tyson advised as he waited for the girl's response.

SelenaStar

Years
  • "Hi Tyson, I'm Rebecca, Rebecca Tyrer from Pewter City, lovely to meet you too," she smiled as she introduced herself properly to him in response to learning his name. She couldn't believe that she'd met another beginner ITA trainer in the route outside the City...that was either great or terrible luck depending on whether he challenged her to a battle or not. She didn't really think Hoppip was ready to battle just yet...

Then a wild Pidgey appeared and Tyson seized the opportunity to train Magnemite. Its Metal Sound attack was very powerful, and it knocked Pidgey out with a well-aimed Tackle - it was a very impressive display.

"Oh don't mention it," grinned Rebecca with a dismissive wave as Tyson apologised to her, "When duty calls you gotta answer. Hoppip is a very...excitable pokemon," she said after a pause, smiling up at the grass pokemon who was surveying Magnemite closely, floating on the same level as it.

Tyson then offered her advice, having seen Hoppip's Confusion hit Rebecca in error earlier. Rebecca winced, "I did...I think Hoppip lost concentration, mainly due to the very excitement you identified...I suppose that's the thing with Psychic-type attacks. They're really powerful but require an awful lot of concentration on the part of the Pokemon using them...that's what Hoppip and I will be working on for a while I think," she declared with a smile - Hoppip may be her first pokemon, but all her years of helping her Parents had taught her a thing or two about successful training.

"So...where are you from? Did you have to travel far to get here?" she asked as Hoppip floated close-by her - he still wasn't 100% sure around Rebecca, but you could tell that there was already a fondness between them that was quickly blossoming into a close bond.

Years
  • Dylan woke up just as the plane landed in Violet City. As he got off he realized that it was a small town for an airport, of all things, when he overheard someone talking about a Falkner, the Flying-type leader. Things started to make sense just then.

After wandering a bit, Dylan found a map in the Pokemon Center, according to the map, he hap to take Route 30 straight through. He set off on his way, while trying to avoid whatever wild pokemon might be around to attack him. He reached Cherrygrove City not too long after leaving, thanks to the shortcuts over ledges. On the edge of town Dylan saw a girl, maybe around his age, talking to a Vulpix. All he could bring himself to do was wave, although he was pretty sure she didn't notice him.

The ITA Office was easily found, thanks to a big sign saying ITA on the front of it. As he walked in the secretary seemed to be in a great mood.
    "Well Hello there, what might your name be?"

Dylan didn't know how to reply, so he walked to the counter and pointed to a box. The box had the initials D.N. written on it. It has to be mine, right? he tought.

"Oh, you must be the kid who sent the letter. I'm so sorry about your parents, it must be traumatizing. Anyways, here's your package, I bet you'll like what you get! Bye bye now!" The secretary very happily said as she walked into the back.

Dylan left the office eager to find out what was in the package. He found 6 Pokeballs, yet one seemed to be used already, a PokeDex, some potions and full heals, and a card to access his PC account. He packed everything in his pack except for the one Pokeball. He threw it to the ground and out popped an Abra. He knew another kid at school that had one, but he'd never met it. He heard a voice in his head, it wasn't his, and he'd never heard it before.
    "Hi, I'm Jem!"

Dylan looked around, whoever it was probably thought he was crazy.

"No, I think you're funny!"

This freaked him out, it was then when he looked at his Abra. It seemed to be concentrating on him. Was it the Abra?

"You got it! Now what's your name there boy?"

Uhh... my name is Dylan

"Hi Dylan! Shouldn't we be going? After all, you are a trainer now!"

The Abra had read his mind! Dylan just about freaked; when he realized that he could control his pokemon without speech! It was his lucky day!
    Well Jem, I uhh.. guess we should get on the road then

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Sethos yawned as he rested underneath a tree on Route 1. He was very with familiar with the area since he always came out here to relax. Viridian City was a lot more vibrant than it was in earlier years, but Route 1 was more enjoyable. There has always been a lively feeling of new beginnings (even if he should probably head north through Viridian Forest to fully start to venture out into the world). He didn't feel up to traveling up to Pewter City just yet, though. If he still had his Squirtle that he started out with, he probably would have ran through Pewter and Cerulean City as fast as he could. But thanks to Team Galactic, he had to start his journey over in less than a week

Instead, he took things slower to bond with his new friend Rhyhorn. Rhyhorn was sleeping right next to him with a peaceful look of content. They had been training for a little bit by having Rhyhorn take down a couple trees with a few rounds of Horn Attacks, but the results seemed lackluster. Of course Sethos knew he should be practicing on wild Pokemon, but Rhyhorn was a bulky rock-type, making things a little unfair for the Pokemon around here and Viridian forest. What he really needed was a few trainer battles. At the very least the trainer Pokemon might be different from the ones around Viridian and Pallet. Besides, battles with other trainers would help both sides grow.

"Hey, Rhyhorn. You up?" Sethos asked as he flipped through the pages he filled in his pokedex by directing it at wild pokemon. Rhyhorn didn't respond. Getting his answer, the teenager decided to force it to wake up. Giving the Pokemon a quick, soft punch, it started to stir as if it had been poked. "Rhyhorn, you want to start training again? I know the trees are boring targets, but maybe we can find a trainer or two." Rhyhorn nodded as it got up to its feet and made an even bigger yawn.

Taking a short walk, Sethos and his Rhyhorn came across a giant, sturdy-looking tree. It looked like it was going to be difficult to knock over, so challenge accepted. "Alright, you ready, Rhyhorn?" Sethos asked. His Pokemon was already digging into the ground in preparation to charge. Smiling to himself, Sethos raised his hand to the sky before letting it swing into a pointing gesture directed at the sturdy tree. "OK! Use Horn Attack on that tree! Full power!!" Rhyhorn growled with confidence as it stampeded for the sturdy tree. Its horn glowed a brilliant white as it got closer and closer to the tree. In the final second before impact, Rhyhorn lowered its head in preparation to gore the tree.

A resulting rumble sounded throughout the area as a small chunk of the tree fell beside Rhyhorn as it shook off the impact. It was an excellent effort, but the tree wasn't close to being toppled over. "Tricky opponent this time-- Rhyhorn, keep Horn Attack going!" Sethos commanded. Rhyhorn repetitively jabbed at the trunk with its horn. Getting more and more pumped with its rally of attacks, it pushed itself harder to knock over the tree.

"Easy, Rhyhorn! Don't wear yourself out! Slow it down a little! ... Crazy Pokemon of mine," Sethos directed with a sly smile at the end. Folding his arms, he continued to watch Rhyhorn go at it. Suddenly, though, the Pokedex activated. Sethos had forgotten it was in his other hand.

"Hoppip, the Cottonweed Pokemon. It is said that when Hoppip gather in fields and mountains, Spring is on its way," the Pokedex stated with an electronic pinging sound. Confused, Sethos turned his head away from Rhyhorn for a moment to see Rebecca and Tyson chatting. He hadn't noticed them before, but maybe he got so into training that he didn't look around to see if there was someone around.

"A Hoppip, huh? Oh, and a Magnemite. Two interesting Pokemon not from this Route," the teenager said to himself, "Did they just start, too? Maybe they could give me a challenge. Although, Rhyhorn's tree seems to be giving it a good workout, too..." Rhyhorn was only twelve layers into the tree, but that didn't look close enough to be considered far into it.

DarkAngel91

Years
  • Shirona saw the boy but was concentrating on Vulpix. She saw the boy again, and he looked pretty spooked. She took out her pokedex "Abra, the Psi Pokemon. Using it's psychic power is such a strain on it's brain that it needs to sleep for 18 hours a day", the electronic voice said, registering Abra. Shirona decided to register Vulpix too before she forgot again. " Vulpix, the Fox Pokemon. It controls balls of fire. As it grows, it's six tails split from their tips to make more tails.", The voice said. Shirona walked over to the boy. "Hey, I saw you earlier, I was just a bit preoccupied. My name is Shirona, but people call me Sherry for short, since saying Shirona all gets a bit tiring. This is my partner Vulpix", she said, hugging the Fox Pokemon gently.

Years
  • Dylan hadn't noticed the girl walk up to him, he was too focused on his Abra. His Abra had fallen asleep and started floating beside him when she spoke.
    "Hey, I saw you earlier, I was just a bit preoccupied. My name is Shirona, but people call me Sherry for short, since saying Shirona all gets a bit tiring. This is my partner Vulpix"

Uhh... Jem? Jem? can you hear me? I reallly need you right now.. Jem? Dylan very hopefully thought. It had seemed like an eternity since she spoke when he realized he should do something. The only thing he thought of was a wave.
    Ohh man. I bet she thinks I'm a psycho

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Logan Davies
    Cherrygrove City

Logan breathed in the soothing ocean air. He knew that today, he would begin his Pokemon adventure. Logan grabbed his Pokeball, which contained Horsea, his first Pokemon, and let Horsea out into the water. Horsea splashed in the water, enjoying the calm Ocean. After playing for a while, Logan recalled Horsea and jogged out of Cherrygrove City. Logan stepped in to the tall grass, excited to start his Journey. Nearby, Logan saw two trainers, one with a Vulpix, the other with a Abra. Maybe I should introduce myself, Logan thought. Logan noticed a wild Pidgey, so Logan sent out Horsea.

" Horsea, use Dragon Rage on that Pidgey," Logan ordered, pointing at the Pidgey nearby. Horsea shot a wave of rage at the Pidgey, knocking the bird Pokemon down. Logan congratulated Horsea, then recalled the seahorse Pokemon.

(OOC: Check out the OOC thread in the Roleplay lounge! Don't forget to talk about the RP and request Pokemon to catch and items to get)

SelenaStar

Years
  • Rebecca looked around in the grass - she and Hoppip really needed to work on that confusion attack...well, Rebecca thought at the moment Hoppip's telekinetic powers were just slightly too weak...instead on working on the actual Confusion attack it might be worth developing Hoppip's concentration and direction, then improving the attack itself - the way Rebecca saw it the first would make the latter easier whilst also improving Hoppip's general condition and ability.

To this end, Rebecca rummaged through her bag before finding what she was looking for - her PokeGear, it was the perfect size and weight for Hoppip to practice on. She lay the gadget down on the grass in front of Hoppip and crouched in front of the pokemon, who was watching curiously.

"okay Hoppip, I want you to lift this into the air and hold it there for 10 seconds, concentrate hard on the PokeGear and nothing else, okay?" Hoppip chirped in response and focussed on the device below him. Rebecca could see the concentration on his face as the PokeGear wobbled and rose into the air, along with some small pebbles. 10 seconds later Hoppip lowered it slowly and Rebecca nodded encouragingly. "that was really good!! But this time, isolate the PokeGear - try not to lift any stones with it. 10 seconds again." Hoppip focussed again...only a couple of small stones rose this time - Hoppip was improving. He and Rebecca continued this programme, taking small breaks in between until Hoppip could keep the device suspended in the air for 2 and a half minutes.

Whilst training, Rebecca head a 'thud.' then another. Then another! She glanced up to see a Rhyhorn!! Gasping in excitement, she beckoned for Hoppip to follow her, snatching her PokeDex out of her bag and opening it as she approached the Rhyhorn, who was cleverly felling trees with it's Horn Attack. As she got closer she noticed a boy of abou her age was by the Pokemon, training it no doubt. Rebecca flushed slightly and lowered her PokeDex slowly, smiling sheepishly at the boy.

"sorry, I didnt realise that you were in the middle of training! I just love rock type pokemon...and your Rhyhorn looks fantastic!"

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Sethos could only stare at the girl for a moment. He wasn't confused by her choice in Pokemon, nor the fact that she came up to talk with him before he could go and issue the challenge, but it was because of the smile on her face. She seemed nice enough, but that look made him feel like she was imposing upon him. The teenager didn't think there was any real reason to think so. I suppose it's rude to just walk up to someone while they're training, but then again I was probably going to walk up to her and the other trainer and ask them to battle soon enough, the teenager thought as he continued to take in the sight of the girl and her Hoppip floating around her, then again, it seems uncouth to have Rhyhorn face that Hoppip now.

Unsure of what to say, though, the teenager realized how long he had spent just staring at the two in silence. It made him nervous; he had to say something. "You have kind eyes. I can see why your Hoppip looks so close to you already," Sethos said, instantly remembering that the conversation was about Rhyhorn. Smooth. One minute talking with the first trainer that approached him and already he says something that could label him as a creepy stranger or something. Stupid, that has to be the last time I let someone come to me, the teenager thought in his own embarrassment, Arceus help me-- don't go into silence again!!

"Er-- pardon me. I can get so scatterbrained at times. I guess it's the hype from training-- but you aren't intruding," Sethos attempted to talk around his social blunder, then in an awkward chuckle, "Rhyhorn? Yeah, we're partners on this journey. I'm glad to know I got paired with a nice, healthy Pokemon. And I figured I'd let others have the Pokemon on this route and we could train on the environment itself, but if it's going to interfere with anything then I'll have him tone it down a bit."

The teenager looked down to his own PokeDex, but Rebecca's own Dex caught his eye first. He wasn't sure how many people had one, but it had to mean that she was a member of the ITA, too. Could it be...?

As Sethos talked with the trainer, Rhyhorn continued to hack away at the tree with Horn Attack. So far it was now working on the eighteenth layer of the trunk, but it was getting progressively tougher to break through. No matter what it could do, the wood only cracked slightly. It wasn't going to show it, but the other layers had made it a little tired. For a second it stopped, but then it's body began to glow with its horn. The white aura seemed to give it more strength. It lasted for just a moment, but then Rhyhorn was back to its Horn Attacks. They came a little bit slower, yet they packed even more of a punch. That trouble layer was broken through with only three strikes this time around.

DarkAngel91

Years
  • Shirona smiled, watching the boy concentrate on something other than herself or the surrounding area. After a while he just waved. She giggled softly. "I'm not going to bite you if you talk to me.", she said. Vulpix batted at the boy with a paw. "Behave Vulpix.", she said softly. Vulpix jumped out of her arms when a wild Weedle appeared. "You want to battle it?", Shirona asked. "Pix!", Vulpix cried. "Alright Vulpix, then let's start this by using Ember", she commanded in a soft, yet authoritative tone. Vulpix opened her mouth and blew small flames at the bug type. Seeing the effectiveness, Shirona waved her hand towards the bug type. "Again Vulpix, show me just how strong you are", Shirona said. Vulpix obayed, KOing the bug type after a short while. "Pix?", Vulpix said. Shirona knelt on the ground, her arms held out. Vulpix jumped into her arms, it's six tails wagging happily. "That was a very good job Vulpix", Shirona said, hugging the pokemon.

Years
  • "I'm not going to bite you if you talk to me," Sherry responded with a small giggle. Before he had a chance to think her Vulpix started batting at his leg, and soon after they both displayed an impressive battle against a Weedle.
    Maybe the Vulpix knows I can't talk... I wonder?
    Abra then decided it would be a good time to wake up. "Did I miss something? Oh! whose she?"

That's Sherry, and I need your help talking to her... thing is, I can't talk.

"Ahh, well If you're gonna die, wake me up."

Sherry was too preoccupied to notice Dylan just standing there, in utter confusion on what to do, when he saw some stones. Using the stones he wrote Can't talk, name's Dylan

Back