• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Paper Mario Redux

After which chapter should I add my own?

• Chapter 2: Mystery of the Dry Dry Ruins (TootanKoopa)

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Chapter 3: The "Invincible" Tubba Blubba

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Chapter 4: Trials in the Toy Box (Shy Guys)

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Chapter 5: Hot Hot Times on Lavalava Island (Lava Pirhanna)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 6: Dark Days in Flower Fields (Huff n Puff)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 7: A Star Spirit on Ice (Crystal King)

Votes: 33 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
Years
Updates and Reply

UPDATES 3/13
Today I wasn't doing much hacking, but I managed to get started on the Western part of Toad Town. I've gotten all the mapping done for the first part. Now I just need to do some scripting and start mapping the Eastern part. I'll be done with this by the end of the week.

Maybe there is a new system xD
Like you can give food to goombas or "wild pokemons" and they will join your team? xD

I'm thinking on doing events in order to get some of the "pokemon" to join your party. If you've played Paper Mario on the N64 you get partners by doing certain events. You get Kooper to join your team for helping him get his shell back. But I have still yet to find ways to recieve some of the other partner's such as the Blooper. I really don't want to spoil much of the surprise :nervous:.

since there is no elite four and no gym battles will u just be battling boss's from mario games or will u put in some enemies like from other nintendo games or is this 100% mario

There won't be an Elite Four in this game and the badges will be replaced by Star Spirits. I might add some enemies from other games, though I still haven't decided who yet. But for sure this won't be 100% Mario

Last edited:

Milk

ガットミルク
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
I know xD
I love the first 3
But the newest one for the wii is fail >.<

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
well here are some sprites i found over the www (WorldWideWeb).

mario__luigi_sprites.gif

Years
  • Age 29
  • idk
  • Seen Jul 3, 2009
as u can tell i am a person that is very interested in this hack so i could give u some good boss's
MARIO BOSS'S
wario
waliluigi
birdo
bowser j.r.
dk
king croacus IV
king boo
shadow or metal mario
and of course bowser
OTHER GAME BOSS'S
DR.EGGMAN
king ddd
meta night
shadow link
skull kid
vaati
ganon
star wolf
andross
shadow the hedgehog
metal sonic

u dont have to put them in its just boss's from other games:)

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
Years
well here are some sprites i found over the www (WorldWideWeb).

Spoiler:

Sweet, thanks. I might have a use for some of the sprites. I'll post some pics later today.

as u can tell i am a person that is very interested in this hack so i could give u some good boss's
MARIO BOSS'S
Spoiler:

OTHER GAME BOSS'S
Spoiler:

u dont have to put them in its just boss's from other games:)

You've just uncovered some of the rivals :D. But I'll stay quiet as to who. As for bosses from other games. Some are less likely than others. But you have given me a great deal of ideas. :D

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
Years
wow this actually looks really cool!

this also looks like itll be a LOT more work than ur usual hack :(

oh well it will be GREAT when done keep it up!

Yea, it will take a bit more to get just right. But either way, the end result will be worth the wait.

all pm my ideas to u red yoshi is that okay

Fine with me.

shouldn't luigi be electric grass? you know, superstar sega
True. But he didn't originally have that. Ill make him start out with grass and at one point you'll be able to get something like "Thunder Gloves" and it will make him "evolve" into Thunder Hand Luigi.

dude i can't wait for this to come out

I'm thinking on releasing a Pre-Beta somewhere after you fight Bowser.
*Which I'm Getting Closer To*

So with luck I'll have it late next week. :D

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
Years
Updates

Updates 3/14

1- Finished Mapping and Scripting Toad Town (West)
2- Replaced Item Names and Pictures
3- Fixed up some bugs and glitches.
4- Edited Some Text

Time to head towards Toad Town East which north of it will be Princess Peach's Castle. Once Princess Peach's Castle is fully finished Script Wise and Map Wise the Pre-Beta will be released.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
Years
Pre - Beta/ Alpha Whatever Update

I will be releasing a Pre Beta/Alpha or whatever you guys call it late this coming week.

Things to note:
1) Overworlds for Toad's will not be complete. You will still see the same old OW's for now. I will edit them later on and will be changed in Beta 1.
2) There may be some mapping errors and such (mainly around the borders), but that will be because I have yet to map other parts to connect them with.
3) There won't be too much gameplay for this release, but I promise you there will be for Beta 1.
4) The Intro will not 100% complete yet.

Thats it for right now. If all goes well it'll released by Friday/Saturday. But it could be post-poned another week if something comes up.

Sidenote: I won't be editing some stuff just yet... I'm a bit worried about running out of free space considering how long this game will be.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
Years
ALPHA UPDATE
I have just finished Mapping and Scripting for Toad Town E, and I am just about to start Mapping Princess Peach's Castle.
- This means that the Alpha WILL be released for sure by Friday, if not EARLIER. :D

Are you going to insert Cooty Pie (spelling?) and King Koopa?
I wish you best of luck with this!

I don't plan on adding any of the Koopalings just yet. I'm not 100% sure if I should add them for things like side quests and Kiing Koopa is Bowser :paranoid:.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Who are you kidding? A Mario Professional?
45px-BowserRoarSmallAni.gif

This is Bowser.

733.gif

And this is the actual King Koopa.

I hope this clears some mis-understandings.
-------------------------------------
That Bowser looks nice, I'll make him my avatar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back