• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Paper Mario Redux

After which chapter should I add my own?

• Chapter 2: Mystery of the Dry Dry Ruins (TootanKoopa)

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Chapter 3: The "Invincible" Tubba Blubba

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Chapter 4: Trials in the Toy Box (Shy Guys)

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Chapter 5: Hot Hot Times on Lavalava Island (Lava Pirhanna)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 6: Dark Days in Flower Fields (Huff n Puff)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 7: A Star Spirit on Ice (Crystal King)

Votes: 33 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    There are some tutorials on how to loop music in the documents and tutorials section. I'll try out the alpha, the games looking great

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2011
    I found a few bugs,

When you fight bowser and then go back for a rematch, the game crashes.

Trying to select a mushroom in the shop crashes the game. (but I can buy pokeballs, but they don't work at all)

Signs and books have odd codes instead of text.

The battle room in toad town crashed before I fought anyone.

I'm playing this on my DS if it matters.

This looks very promising, keep up the good work.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • I found a few bugs,

When you fight bowser and then go back for a rematch, the game crashes.

Trying to select a mushroom in the shop crashes the game. (but I can buy pokeballs, but they don't work at all)

Signs and books have odd codes instead of text.

The battle room in toad town crashed before I fought anyone.

I'm playing this on my DS if it matters.

This looks very promising, keep up the good work.

Let's see....

1) When I try to get a Re-Match with Bowser it doesn't crash.

2) Selecting a Shroom from the Market won't crash the game.

3) Pokeballs were meant not to work in this game for some "Wild Pokemon".
    Sorry for not explaining that :embarrass

4) Hmm... gotta check all those signposts then.

5) I removed some warps in the Alpha fix so that Battle Room shouldn't be there.

My guess is that it could be the Ds but I can't really prove that.

After a few more bug fixing its time to start mapping Goomba Village. Notice: I still need a spriter :\, otherwise you'll still be seeing the same old OWs.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2018
    I could try maby to change the sprites. Maby we can have contest who can sprite the best.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    If you still need someone for musical looping (or otherwise), I'm your man -- er, woman.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    Mario RPG in pokemon style? Sounds great for me :)
    I was wondering if you will include different kinds of yoshis as partners. Example: red yoshi-fire/dragon type, blue yoshi water/dragon, yellow electric/dragon.. and so on. Whatcha think?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Ogawd.

That was terrible.

No offence, but the mapping was horrendous and...yeah. Stuff.

The scripting was nice, I guess... But the mapping sucked. There were tonnes of tile errors and ... well, yeah. I can't really explain but it's really hard to play with bad maps. 'd advise you to practice it. >.< And there were some text errors. :\

I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, 'cos I really like this hack (for some strange reason) but you need to shape up. It felt rushed. Hope beta 2 is as good.

Hey, if you want to me to scan over the maps to check for errors, I'd be glad to.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • Mario RPG in pokemon style? Sounds great for me :)
    I was wondering if you will include different kinds of yoshis as partners. Example: red yoshi-fire/dragon type, blue yoshi water/dragon, yellow electric/dragon.. and so on. Whatcha think?

Spot on! There will be ALL kinds of Yoshi's.
    Spoiler:

Ogawd.

That was terrible.

No offence, but the mapping was horrendous and...yeah. Stuff.

The scripting was nice, I guess... But the mapping sucked. There were tonnes of tile errors and ... well, yeah. I can't really explain but it's really hard to play with bad maps. 'd advise you to practice it. >.< And there were some text errors. :\

I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, 'cos I really like this hack (for some strange reason) but you need to shape up. It felt rushed. Hope beta 2 is as good.

Hey, if you want to me to scan over the maps to check for errors, I'd be glad to.

None taken, I know that my mapping is crud. But some map errors such as in Toad Town East is because I have yet to add connections to some parts of it.

P.S: This is not a Beta, this is an Alpha.

Redyoshi said that this is an alpha not a beta and if u like this hack y are u saying negitive things about it :(

Just because you like something doesn't mean that you'll only say positive things about it. Thats criticism for ya.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Redyoshi said that this is an alpha not a beta and if u like this hack y are u saying negitive things about it :(

Beaten, yeah.

If you don't criticise it(if it IS bad, that is), then you're what we call a "mindless n00b". Anyway, I said other stuff was good and stuff.

Anyway, I know the problem with the border, but there were other things...

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    What about HMs? Have you already planned them? HM dive would be really awesome to have.
    As for music, I hope you will include some classic tracks from other mario games :) ? Yoshi Island and SMB 3 have the best music imo.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • What about HMs? Have you already planned them? HM dive would be really awesome to have.
    As for music, I hope you will include some classic tracks from other mario games :) ? Yoshi Island and SMB 3 have the best music imo.

I've pretty much got the HM's down. Dive will be needed to access certain areas. "Pokemon" like the Dolphin and Sushi will be able to learn that.

As far as music goes. Alasteir is doing her best to make the music, and it's actually turned out great. The Bowser theme certainly sound more "Evil". I'm planning on having music from games that aren't even related to Mario. I'll take some suggestions though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2018
    How are the sprites doing did you change the mario and/or luigi to look like the real mario and luigi from other games like M&L SS.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • More Alpha Updates

I have just finished fixing up some more map errors and thanks to the help of Alasteir, I have added new music. No new content as of yet, but there were some script fixes, such as the Bowser event at the end.

How are the sprites doing did you change the mario and/or luigi to look like the real mario and luigi from other games like M&L SS.

Not yet, in-fact the M&L SS sprites are twice as bigger than the ones in Pokemon games, that and they require more frames for a smooth animation.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back