• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
Sorry for the lack of updates on my Fire UMC. I've hit a bit of a wall, so no real progress has been made for quite a while. I'm slamming myself against the Elite Four over and over again in hopes that they'll give way one of the times. There's a sad lack of places available to train Fire-types at high levels. Anyway. Team currently:

Balder (Arcanine) Lv. 36
Skadi (Rapidash) Lv. 48
Freya (Flareon) Lv. 51
Loki (Ninetales) Lv. 54
Odin (Charizard) Lv. 61
Squirtle Lv. 10 (haha)

I can get through Lorelei with a loss or two, SQUISH Bruno with Charizard, and usually manage to win against Agatha. Then comes Lance. >.< Oh dear, Lance. The farthest I've ever gotten was against his last Pokemon, his Dragonite. It SINGLE HANDEDLY took down four of my Pokemon while they just sat there and missed. And missed. And missed. Stupid hax. Anyway, I'm hoping a few more levels all around will be enough for me to push through. We'll see. My goal is to beat them by the end of the week. I want to get on with Silver already!

Years
Recent Updates

I've only not updated this yesterday because Pokécommunity was overloaded with many people online at same time. So now going to update.

I defeated Wattson without problems but forgot to take screenshot.

Defeated Flannery, Screen below:

flannerywin.png
(Yes I finally was able to make the screen smaller)

Defeated my Dad at Petalburg gym, but can't find the screen.
Below is my team after defeating Petalburg gym:

myteamafterpetalburggym.png

NUMEL the LV 25 Impish Numel.
Growl
Tackle
Ember
Magnitude

BLAZE the LV 40 Bold Blaziken
Quick Attack
Cut
Double Kick
Ember

SLUGMA the LV 16 Brave Slugma
Yawn
Smog
Ember
Rock Throw

WINGULL the LV 17 Docile Wingull(Used it on some double battles before getting Slugma and Numel)
Wingull currently has no HM moves but will be a Fly user and maybe more.

GEODUDE the LV 7 Timid Geodude(A new HM slave, HM moves below)
Strength
Rock Smash

The game will be on hold while I don't have a Surf user, and because of that, I'll be doing a Silver run to compensate not going to Johto yet.(I planned to do this right before defeating the E4, but since it'll be on hold anyway, going to antecipate it).

My Silver team will be:
Typhlosion, Houndoom and Magcargo. (I might get a 4th fire pokémon on Kanto though, and if I can't use a secondary fire pokémon,(houndoom) please tell me. I read throughly and didn't find anything bout this)

Am going to start the journey. I'll update soon enough.

Last edited:

jammi567

Grass Monotype Challange (HeartGold) - Part 2

Update time, I suppose.

* Managed to beat Falkner's flunkies with no trouble at all, using a combonation of Poison Poweder and stalling, with a Tackle here and there to help speed things up a bit.
* Used the same tactic on Falkner himself, but his stupid Pidgeotto kept using Roost, unecessarily stalling the battle to about 10 minutes long >:(
* Got the call from Professor Elm to take care of the stupid "mysterious" egg. Took it from the assisstant, and keep forgetting to put it in the PC, where it can rot.
* Got the Mirical Seed from the random dude at the beginning of Route 32. Immediatly gave it to Bayleaf.
* Went down the route with no major troubles, thankfully. Managed to catch a Hoppip, and used the bait-and-switch method to level it up.
* Went through Union Cave, again without much trouble, except for the guy with the Vulpix, and the damn Zubats.
* Reached Azalea Town, and healed my Pokemon, and brought five of each from the Poke Mart: Potions, Antidotes, Awakenings, Paralyse Heals
* Spoke to Kurt, who managed to get rid of the guy guarding the Slowpoke Well. I followed him.
* Defeated all of the grunts that guarded the place, then fought Proton. Too easy - except for the Zubat, with its combination of Supersonic + Leech Life. Nearly decimated my whole team.
* Healed up my team. them went to take on the Gym Leader Bugsy
* Undoubtedly the most difficult place to fight thus far. Not only were they dealing Super Effective damage, but I couldn't use my useual tactic, as the majority of them were part Poison type themselves.
* Fortunatly, Scyther isn't, so I managed to poison him, and stall for time using Potions and Sythesis. Also, by this time, Bayleaf had learnt Reflect, which helped to aliviate the damage taken somewhat.
* Managed to collect the Hive Badge, and healed up in the Pokemon Centre for the third time since I arrived in this town.
* Now for the big one - the Rival battle that happens when you attempt to leave town. I was nervous, because I knew that his Quilava knew Ember, which would obviously decimate my whole team.
* As it turns out, I shouldn't have worried. It turns out (this time at least) that Zubat is the dangerous one on his team, what with its Supersonic + Leech Life combo. Quilava didn't attack me once, and it managed to die from Poison damage.
* Silver got pissed, and stomped off somewhere to woe on how weak his Pokemon are (even though he controls what moves they use) on his Facebook/Livejournal pages; whilst I entered Ilex Forest and saved my game .

Before I post my Pokemon team stats so far, I have a question. Sometime in the near future, I'll have to fight Jasmine and Pyce, who obviously use the Steel/Ice types respectivly, and even before that, I'll have to fight my Rival's Magnamite.

My question is - does anybody have some tips that I can use to help me contend with these Types? I'm seriously stumped on what I should do to solve this problem.

Any help is appreciated.

My Pokemon team and Stats thus far:

Bayleaf (Level 20) Nature: Hardy

Stats: HP - 61
Attack - 34
Defence - 41
Special Attack - 32
Special Defence - 41
Speed - 36

Moves: Tackle
Synthesis
Razor Leaf
Reflect

Ability: Overgrow

Bellsprout (Level 19) Nature: Timid

Stats: HP - 51
Attack - 30
Defence - 19
Special Attack - 38
Special Defence - 20
Speed - 27

Moves: Vine Whip
Poison Powder
Stun Spore
Sleep Powder

Ability: Chlorophyll

Hoppip (Level 16) Nature: Adamant

Stats: HP - 37
Attack - 18
Defence - 18
Special Attack - 15
Special Defence - 25
Speed - 26

Moves: Poison Powder
Synthesis
Stun Spore
Sleep Powder

Ability: Chlorophyll

Years
Started Sinnoh on Daimond... and almost immediately began to regret this choice. It is so much slower than platinum. But any hoo
No screen caps for this one, forced to play it on my DS

-Started with Chimchar
-Caught a Machop north of Oreburgh or however you spell it
Chimchar evolved
-Beat Rorak

Current Team:
Spr_4d_391.png

Monferno (lvl 15)
-mach punch
-Ember
-Taunt
-Leer
Spr_4d_066.png

Machop (lvl 14)
-Low Kick
-Leer
-Karate Chop
-Focus Energy

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
Ultimage Ground Challenge - Emerald Defeated

Finished my Mono-Ground run of Emerald.

Was a lot faster than the HeartGold run for sure. Was kinda boring that there were so few ground types to choose from in this game but I guess it made it go faster too.

Final team:

:t340: L.55 Lemongrass the Quirky Whiscash
Surf
Spark
Earthquake
Amnesia

Synopsis:
The latecomer to my team, but one of the most valued endgame. I bred it with a chinchou to learn spark and it became my mainstay anti-water poke. Single-handedly swept Champ Wallace's team. High HP allows it to tank very well especially when buffed with Amnesia. Definitely worth the effort in late game training.

:t330: L.51 Oregano the Mild Flygon
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Fly
Hidden Power (elec)

Synopsis:
Nice to not need a Fly slave for once. Decent special attacker. Used mainly to take down ghosts and psychics.

:t028: L.47 Peppermint the Jolly Sandslash
Slash
Aerial Ace
Sand-Attack
Earthquake

Synopsis:
Good standard attacker. Good against fighting types commonly found in caves in this game.

:t323: L.48 Cinnamon the Docile Camerupt
Eruption
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Overheat

Synopsis:
Good all around fire type. Grass types were a challenge before getting this one. Afterwards a piece of cake.

:t344: L.47 Thyme the Mild Claydol
Psychic
Cosmic Power
Solarbeam
Sunny Day

Synopsis:
Standard sunny-beamer moveset that I do enjoy. Was geared up to be my main anti-water poke before I realized whiscash could get an electric move. Cosmic power coupled with it's already strong defense and special defense make it an excellant tank for tough pokes.

:t260: L.51 Basil the Gentle Swampert
Surf
Brick Break
Ice Beam
Protect

Synopsis:
Good attack and special stats. Not much to say, it's a starter so it's pretty all around balanced.

Honourable Mention: Geodude
Always use him during the early stages of my Ground runs but the poor guy always gets ditched later.

Well now it's on to the Platinum version to wrap up the Ground-mono run for now.

Cheers.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Before I post my Pokemon team stats so far, I have a question. Sometime in the near future, I'll have to fight Jasmine and Pyce, who obviously use the Steel/Ice types respectivly, and even before that, I'll have to fight my Rival's Magnamite.

My question is - does anybody have some tips that I can use to help me contend with these Types? I'm seriously stumped on what I should do to solve this problem.

Any help is appreciated.
Well, Parasect can learn Dig, and Meganium can learn Earthquake. However, Steelix is part Ground, and has low SpDef, and Magmemite/ton is a weak pokemon, esp. wit grass being strong against electric. Also, Pryce's team is all weak to Grass. You should'nt have much trouble there. You WILL have a hard time against Lance and Red, though, with Charizard, and Lance's all flying team. If anyone can learn Rollout, teach it. You'll need it, as well as Ice beam if you can.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
Waaai! Perseverance has paid off! I finally broke through the Elite Four, finishing the Kanto section of my journey! Flareon learned Flamethrower, and everything else just sort of fell into place! Final team:

Odin (Charizard) Lv. 63
Earthquake
Strength
Fly
Fire Spin

MVP fo sho! Maybe it was just the fact that I had only him for three gyms, but I really grew to like him. Also, he was the only one who could learn moves that weren't Normal or Fire type, which made him indispensible against Rock and Fighting types.

Loki (Ninetales) Lv. 56
Fire Spin
Flamethrower
Confuse Ray
Quick Attack

MVP runner-up! I swear, when I first got Vulpix I was so depressed... seemed like you only BREATHED on it and it died. But, when she got Confuse Ray, things really started looking up. She's insanely lucky with that, and most of her enemies ended up killing themselves (Including Lance's Dragonite, lol)

Freya (Flareon) Lv. 53
Body Slam
Quick Attack
Flamethrower
Fire Spin

Very useful for her high attack, but it was horrible training her until she got a fire move.

Skadi (Rapidash) Lv. 49
Stomp
Take Down
Fire Spin
Ember

Meh. She was fast, but not very strong. Fire Spin annoyed the heck out of a lot of my enemies, though.

Balder (Arcanine) Lv. 36
Bite
Toxic
Fire Blast
Take Down

Honestly... he came too late to do anything. Giving him Toxic was a smart thing, since the only good things he ever did were poison-related. Toxic + Bite is a decent combo, I wish I'd gotten him earlier.

Squirtle Lv. 10
(Doesn't matter)

Three cheers for Squirtle, who was repeatedly knocked out just so I could revive one of my fallen Pokemon! :P

Yay. Onward to Johto!

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
Not much to update:
Stopped Kyogre & Groudon from fighting thanks to Rayquaza.
Beat Juan and his fangirls.
Beat Wally & some Victory Roaders.
Went to the Elite Four and survived on 30 something Hyper Potions, Full Heals (didn't need them), Full Restores, Revives, one Max Elixer, and 2 Ethers.

Beat everyone with relative ease, the hardest being Drake (Alteria and Salamence) and Wallace (his Milotic and Gyarados). Almost lost to Wallace. Gyarados vs Amber (Blaziken). Earthquake had me down to half and Slash left about 70-60% of his HP. All of my other Pokemon (including the Pelliper HM Slave that was meant to be a sacrifice so I could regroup) were already OHKO'd. I was down to my last Sky Uppercut and took a leap of faith... Critical Hit. Now all that's left to do after the credits roll and I save my game again (if I save once VBA says the battery is corrupted and goes to the save before it) is to find Steven and end the Emerald leg of my Fire Monotype.

Edit:
There's been a snag in the plan...
VBA erased my file (save data corruption and the Sav is 136 K anyway), so I have no way of recovering it to beat Steven, give my final stats, or anything at all for that matter. Based on RS technicalities (having to just beat the Elite 4 instead of the Steven sidequest in Emerald), I would still like to continue in Platinum, then B/W if this minor exception to the rules is permissible. Here's my proof of the E4:

2e3qrki.jpg

I could replay the game on an actual RS rom or find another Emerald rom, but I fear the outcome will be the same once the title credits roll (loss of data. Idk whether it's the emulator itself or the rom that's the problem.), so I see no point in trying to. I'll just continue as planned.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
So I started a Normal Platinum run. Right now I'm trying to train up Bidoof and Starly before I fight Roark.

Edit: Got to Mars (whatever the first Galactic Boss you fight is) and have a Bibarel and Staravia. Haven't fought her yet, because I remember that Purugly being super hard last time I played.

Last edited:

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
Fire type Johto run - start!

Started with (obviously) Cyndaquil. Trained up some in the early areas, SQUISHED my rival. Burnt a dozen or so Bellsprouts to a crisp in Sprout tower. :) Thanks for the EXP! Burned Pidgeotto and beat Falkner. Caught a Bellsprout for a cut slave. Went through Union Tunnel with a little bit of difficulty, but not too bad. Chased TR away, challenged Bugsy. Two badges! On to rival battle. :)

Team:
Cyndaquil (Izanagi) Lv. 20

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Hi guys! Didn't update fr a really long time, here, school's a *****.
Anyway, I started the Unova part a long time ago, now I'm in Sekka City, and I'm training my DM Darmanitan and my Meraruba.

500.gif

Lv. 45
Flamethrower
Assurance
Hammer Arm
Grass Knot

609.gif

Lv. 44
Will-O-Wisp
Evil Eye
Bursting Flame
Solarbeam

555.gif

Lv. 37
Fire Punch
Flare Blitz
Brick Break
Strength

636.gif

Lv. 41
Fire Blast
Toxic
Bug Bite
Acrobat

151.gif

Lv. 15
Dig
Fly
Surf
Flash​

Update

Okay, time for a long winded account.

Waking up in a dream-like daze, I found myself walking to the top floor of the pokemon center.I met a mysterious Trainer whose Trainer card merely said Gold. He beckoned me towards him, not speaking an actual word, but merely making me Place Magic up for trade using psychoknesis. Or something Like that. I Cringed at the thought of Losing Magic, But there was nothing I Could do, As I seemingily had no control over the situation or my body.I commenced the trade, getting a Mudkip in return. We both watched as my Magic evolved into an Alakazam, and I watched as he simply Put it back on the trading table, In exchange for Invincible, my Sableye I caught on a whim. As he walked away, Sableye in hand, he muttered a few Sentences...No, more Like He Sent words into my mind."Kadabra Need to be Traded to Evolve. I go around doing that duty for those who have no one to trade with. Also, That 'Feeling' of yours; It's premonition of Psychic Types. Whenever a Psychic Type is around in the wild that you haven't caught, That feeling arises. I used to have the same feeling when I was your age, around when I became The Johto Champ...Now go, And walk the path that Destiny Leads you to..." And with that, he Vanished out of out the Union Room. Not like Taking the door, but like Teleporting out.

Feeling it was time to move on, being inspired by The Champion (Who-Did-Not-Yet-Exist: See bottom for details.).Following his advice, I went out towards The desert, Finding a "Mirage tower". I followed my newly discovered Sense to find a BALTOY which I caught and named "WeirdDoll", As I couldn't think of anything better.I went to the gym in Petalburg to start my challenge, but After the first Trainer, I realized the rest of my Pokemon should be be equal before I try anything else. So I went up to the desert again and began Training, where I quickly realized that Cacneas with pin missiles are BAD THINGS!
Along the way, I final decided to used the TM for Secret power to be able to make my own base. I used it on WeirdDoll, Getting rid of Mudslap for it.And thus began my search for a base.Saw a skarmory, but it wasn't cooperative, and it wasnt a psychic anyway...but it was still cool. I ended up meeting someone named Lannette, who apparently made the PC I use. I visited her house on my hunt for bases and training, and I noticed An E-mail from Bill. I remember him. He was nice to me When I met him while I was traveling...After A while, I decided On The Cavern next to Meteor Falls.

So then I Trained and Trained at the ash covered route next to Fallarbor town, gathering ashes for the flute maker As I went.Along the way, BouncyPig evolved into a Grumpig. Finally, I decided to challenge Dad's gym. So I made my way to petalburg. I defeated the Trainers in the gym, and I went to face him. I didn't like it, as every time I battled a Trainer, I got the distinct feeling my team wasn't strong enough yet, but I knew there was no avoiding it. We HAD to do this. The first battle started out easily enough, him using a Spinda, Which I managed to get rid of with WeirdDoll. He then sent out a Virgoroth, Which unfortunately managed to knock out my WeirdDoll. I then went for BouncyPig, Staying on gaurd this time. BouncyPig Easily took care of the Virgoroth, which he then switched for a Slaking.I went for Pyscho Rock, hoping the spread the experience.Unfortunately, he manage to put him to sleep. luckily, I had managed to get the blue flute before I got there.Even so, He managed to knock Him out too. Switching for Staff, I hoped for the best...Who promptly Proceeded to DISOBEY ME!Or so it seemed. It turned out, Slaking hadan ability which made him Loaf around, which Staff traced and did also.I switched out for Magic, to deliver the final blow with metronome...which turn into Mudshot...Disgraceful...I soon received the Balance Badge from my father. Then some weirdo who, If I recall, Said thanks for catching that ralts for wally, and gave me Surf. YES! FINALLY!Needing someone to teach this to, I remembered That Mudkip I received in that weird trade...And That was That.I taught the mudkip surf, and we got requested to help Wattson along the way. I did it, although I don't know why I did...That place was infested with Voltorbs and Magnemites!I finished, getting rewarded with a Tm for thunderbolt, Which I was unsure if it was even any use to me... I continued East, being interviewed on the next shore, Only to end up meeting Steven Stone. He talked to me about what kind of pokemon I liked to raise. The answer was obivous, As I was surrounded by Psychic Types. Before I could give my awsner, though, he ran off. I proceeded foward, until it randomly started Raining over a single route. I left the route, and it was sunny, with no sign of Rain and come back and...RANDOM RAIN! I took a while to ponder this, and then just said "Screw it!" after about five minutes and just went forth into the tall grass, which I found out I can't cycle through. Taking forever to get through, and trashing some trainers calling themselves the "Mimic circle", I got towards the end of the route, where I saw two Aqua grunts gaurding a bridge. Great. I figured I wasn't getting through there anytime soon, and that the nearby Building was probably being ransacked or something.Using my ninja like skills, I Inflitrated the First floor...Which was suprisingly easily, to my disappointment, as there was only one guard that I could see. So I engaged him, figuring that If I didn't stop them, no one would, as the police here suck. Much to my suprise, there actually was another gaurd That I couldn't see. Rather than kick me out, he battled me. I just wish they understood that its easier to force me out than to battle and get whooped...not that using pyshical force would actually help, seeing as how I practiced levitating Pokeballs which I could use to hurt them...Sorry; I digress. I took out the first one, and hid from the second one, as he didn't know I was here, and needed to heal my pokemon. spotting a nearby PC, I exploited a trick, Since PCs heal pokemon stored inside. Soon, they were back on their feet and I was attacking the second guard.I swiftly defeated him, although not before he Roared my Mudkip out of it's pokeball, which I switched back from PyschoRock again, and finished the battle. Unfortunately, I found out that I could've just used the bed in the first room, But I also knew this was no time for rest. I had to Stop their insatinity as soon as possible.Entering The second floor, And saw to Grunts gaurding the hallway. I saw no way around them, so I figured It was inveitable. Rather than take them in a double battle, though, I decided to draw each's individual attenion and beat them separately.The one on the left was kinda annoying, using Roar to switch out for my Magic, although he finished that battle (Strangely enough) with Frenzy plant via Metronome. I had someone Teach him metronome some time ago, and it was starting to become useful.he then sent out a Carvanha, which I knocked aside with rock blast (Again, through Metronome).The girl on the right wasn't near as much of a problem. (Although she still used roar, which is bugging me.) The next guard, I could avoid, but found it easier to just get him out of the way now,lest he block my exit. I easily disposed of him and moved on to the Girl who had a somewhat-Commanding Presence, unlike the grunts.She was actually pretty cute, and I found out her name was Shelly.Such a shame that shes working for the insane people and had to challenge me. Her commanding Presence was because she was an Admin of Team Aqua, I found out. First out was Carvahna, which beat on my Pyscho Rock. I switch for Magic, hoping to save it from fainting, which did suceed, but Magic ended up using Self-Destruct through metronome. (Note to Self: Be careful with metronome...) It ended up knocking out the Carvahna, so it wasn't all bad.Next, I switched back to Pyscho Rock, only to end up having to switch for Staff When a Mighteyna came out.I promptly Defeated the mighteyna with a Shockwave from Staff. She obivously didn't take the loss well, shouting at me afterwards...(Well, there went that chance...) Then, One of the lookouts From the Bridge Rushed in, Knocking me out of the Way. (Which reminds me, I still haven't gotten him back for That...) He gave a report that Team Magma was headed for Mount Pyre.As they were Rushing out, I didn't get a chance to ask what was so important at Mt. Pyre. I was shortly given a Castform as Thanks, and then told that the place I had just saved controlled weather. NO WONDER ITS ALWAYS RAINING!

Making my way Past the Un-Blocked Bridge, I was attacked by May out of Nowhere!Luckily, She wasn't A threat, as I managed to take out all Three of her pokemon with only my WeirdDoll.She gave me HM02 after the battle, for fly. Too bad I had no flying types...Also, Scott was apparently watching us and He noticed I beat May, and asked if I was going to FortTree city, Then ran off After I said yes and he wished me Luck. What is that guy's problem? Seriously!No One is THAT busy...Anyway, I got into a fight with a guitarist, And WeirdDoll evolved...into something kinda creepy...But then he Learned Hyper Beam!I continued on To FortTree City, only to find the Gym blocked by something invisible. I went through to Route 120, And Found Steven on a bridge. He showed me something called the Devon Scope, which show invisible things, apparently. He used it, and Kecleon blocking my way attacked. I caught, deeming it 'intresting.' I explored a bit, finding an odd cave which's name I somehow knew was 'Scorched Slab'. Probably another psychic sense. I went around, beating up the Now-visible Kecleon's. I did more Training, and then headed to the gym. I got in, noticing there was 'vine'-like structures on the walls, which made little to no sense, as this was a flying-type gym. Making my way through the trainers, I met up with the gym leader,Winona, Which is a very strange name, by the way. I don't remember much of the battle, as I was too charmed by her looks. but I know I won, and got another girls' number. Feeling that the battle (Which I can't remember.) Was cutting it too close, I decided to Train. But I first moved my secret base to a place nearby, and decided to rest, because I am extremely tired.By my internal clock, maybe three days to a weeks has passed, but the sun still hasn't set. EVER. This will probably bug me for the rest of my life. Wait....THEY HAVE TECHNOLOGY TO CONTROL THE RAIN, BUT THE SUN NEVER SETS?!?!?!? WTF?
Signing out.

Major events
Traded Magic for gold's Mudkip
Traded Evolved Magic back for Invincible
Caught BALTOY(WeirdDoll)
Beat Norman
Beat Team Aqua at the Weather control place.
Beat May
Caught Kecleon for No Reason.
Beat Winona(Or however you spell it.)
Saved.

*(Generation III takes place at the same time as Gen.I, So Gold Technically Isn't Champion yet. But after his victory over Red, he Catches Celebi, allowing him to Travel Backwards in time.)

Psycho Rock (SolRock)
Lv.38
Confusion
Rock Slide
Fire Spin
Cosmic Power

Staff (Gardevoir)
Lv.38
Psychic
Confusion
Shock Wave
Calm Mind

BouncyPig (Grumpig)
Lv.38
Psychic
Magic Coat
Psywave
Confuse Ray

WeirdDoll (Claydol)
Lv.38
Psybeam
Secret Power
Ancient Power
Hyper Beam

Magic (Alakazam)
Lv.39
Psychic
Metronome
Future Sight
Recover

Mudkip(HM slave)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update #4 on Crystal.

Went to Kanto and I have 4 Kanto Badges.

ultnormltsurge.png

- Taught Fable Psychic.

ultnormsabrina.png

ultnormmisty.png

ultnormerika.png

- Taught Gerald Steel Wing after going through Rock Tunnel.
- I also got the Rail Pass and will eventually go back to Johto to teach Fable Thunderbolt and Ice Beam from the Move Tutor.
- Right now I am in Lavender Town - gonna wake up Snorlax now.

Team Norma:
Spr_2c_036.gif

Fable the Clefable, ♀ - L48 @ NeverMeltIce
Moves: Return, Ice Punch, Psychic, ThunderPunch
Spr_2c_018.gif

Gerald the Pidgeot, ♀ - L48 @ Sharp Beak
Moves: Return, Fly, Steel Wing, Quick Attack
Spr_2c_241.gif

Miss Tank the Miltank, ♀ - L47 @ Pink Bow
Moves: Body Slam, Milk Drink, Earthquake, Rollout
Spr_2c_162.gif

Phil the Furret, ♂ - L47 @ Pink Bow
Moves: Return, Quick Attack, Shadow Ball, Dig
Spr_2c_152.gif

Chikorita, ♂ - L6
Slave Moves: Flash, Cut
Spr_2c_054.gif

Psyduck, ♀ - L13
Slave Moves: Surf, Whirlpool, Rock Smash, Waterfall

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Update on Normal Sinnoh Challenge...

I've got three badges, Staravia at 33, Bibarel at 31, and a Togepi at like 15. Just got to Veilstone. Looking to get a Girafarig on my team, and we'll see from there. Any other advice for my team? I haven't really looked that hard at it yet...

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
Herro erybodry...i back school takes up a lot of time, yikes. But im past mt. coronet and teh 8th gym and amazingly the E4 (which was another wall to be hitting my head on) on the way i evolved Rosebud Jr. (budew) all the way to Roserade..the hit my head on the wall, A LOT, then finally broke down bought some items and got through on the first try

firefoxkatan

Pokemon Knitter
Years
Fire type challenge in Fire Red

I was hoping I could join in the monotype challenge?

Username: firefoxkatan
In-game name: Katan
Type: Fire
Game: Fire Red

Please and thank you <3

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update on Normal Sinnoh Challenge...

I've got three badges, Staravia at 33, Bibarel at 31, and a Togepi at like 15. Just got to Veilstone. Looking to get a Girafarig on my team, and we'll see from there. Any other advice for my team? I haven't really looked that hard at it yet...
Porygon, if you can get to Porygon-Z by trading - I assume you are using Platinum, where Togepi and Porygon are both Gift Pokemon (Porygon is in Veilstone, btw). The only other good option I think would be Clefable, who can learn the 3 elemental "beams" and has decent SpA to back it up.

By the way, now is time to get another Return TM at the Veilstone Game Corner, although Togekiss isn't gonna want one since it has crappy Attack.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I'll add you in, firefox!

In other news, I started another Monotype. I'm doing Dragon on Blue, so I hacked in a Dratini. Don't make me repeat all that happened, because 99% of it is grinding. But I just beat Misty, and already saved Bill. My Dratini knows Bubblebeam, Wrap, Thunderwave and Leer.

Edit: 6 Badges (I beat Blaine but skipped Sabrina). Team is:
Dragonair Lv. 39 (Slam, Surf, Ice Beam, Fire Blast)
Dragonair Lv. 41 (Body Slam, Slam, Thunderbolt, Surf)
Bulbasaur (Cut Slave)
Pidgey (Fly Slave)
Hitmonchan (Strength Slave, unless Dragonite can learn Strength, which he probably can, in which case he'll be boxed)

Last edited:

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2012
Planning for a water type monotype on blue~!

To be team:
Blastoise
Poliwrath
Omastar (I'll hack in omanite earlier, I don't want to solo the first quarter of the game)
Lapras
Starmie
Seadra

I'll start with squirtle, and hack another so I'm not soloing until I get surf/rod.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Planning for a water type monotype on blue~!

To be team:
Blastoise
Poliwrath
Omastar (I'll hack in omanite earlier, I don't want to solo the first quarter of the game)
Lapras
Starmie
Seadra

I'll start with squirtle, and hack another so I'm not soloing until I get surf/rod.
But you can get Lapras after 2 badges!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back