The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Scripts & Tutorials

Notices

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 13th, 2013, 04:16 PM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by # 494 View Post
Alright, that worked! However, now I can't seem to figure out how to make my new font the default font. For some reason, no matter what I do the game defaults to the Firered/Leafgreen font. How could I set my new font as the default font?

Also, if possible would I be able to make it so said font appear in the places where switching fonts doesn't change anything? (Like the new game/continue screen's summary and in Attack names)
To change the default font, change the 'FontName' at SpriteWindow (but remember to add the font to $VersionStyles array if you wants FrLg font in your game)

To change the default font in some screens, look at def drawMarkings in PokemonSummary script section. This method change the font to Arial to draw the markings.
Old August 15th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Unknown#
'Cause why not?
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I also have been having a small font problem: I need to change the font that attack names appear in. I have managed to get my new font everywhere, except for the attack names (in battle, anyways).

Old August 16th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown# View Post
I also have been having a small font problem: I need to change the font that attack names appear in. I have managed to get my new font everywhere, except for the attack names (in battle, anyways).
Move names and PP in the battle's "choose a move" part use whatever the narrow font is. Check class FightMenuButtons for the reference to narrow fonts.
Old August 16th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Harvey_Create
Pokemon Apex Team Member

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Harvey_Create
I was curious if anyone had a Better Perspective type Map mode. One that looks a bit less flat. Or a way to make Trees and building look more like HGSS 3D. It really isnt a big deal for the HGSS 3D, but Perspective is basically stretching the bottom and squezing the top of the screen. I want trees and building to maintain a more "Normal" flow. Its kind of hard to explain. THhe only Thing I can think of as to how to do this, Is make another Terrain Tag, and have it scripted out to ignore the perspective tilemapping. I dont know. Probably not correct, but yea. I really need to Study RGSS

I am not asking for "FREE SCRIPTZ" rather, a bit of pushing me to learn how to do these things. I have a list of things I would like to implement, but don't know RGSS, so this will attempt to teach me a bit.

Here is my list of things.
  1. HUD telling you what Route or Town you are on, and showing you your pokemons Status.
  2. "Reuse" Items. Repel just wore off, Would you like to use another? And Unlimited potion using for out of battle.
  3. A newer Pause Menu. With a drop down window, and Iconized Options.
  4. Help with repositioning for a New Resolution. We are switching to 640x400
  5. A "Better" Perspective map mode. Something that make the map less flat, And make certain objects/tiles ignore the map mode.
  6. How to do a Gym Leader event that makes you have to challange him twice, the first losing, but not Fainting, rather, making you go to the PokeCenter, and then trigger a Special Event for a Guy to talk to you. THEN go back to fight the Leader.
  7. More to come, I just can;t think right now.

Yes, I know my list is Huge. I basically want a Mentor to help me learn to script. And point me in the right Direction with my issues.

Last edited by Maruno; August 17th, 2013 at 05:19 AM.
Old August 19th, 2013, 01:45 PM
SinfulGuroRose
Ignore me, I'm socially inept.

Nature: Bashful
Okay, so I'd like to start off with the fact that I know jack diddly about RGSS. U wU; So far, when editing scripts, I've really just gone off of my intuition and the script examples around me and I've miraculously not completely ruined everything. But that's besides the point.

I'd like to implement Light Pokémon into my game, which are have the same elements as Shadow Pokémon, just a different story to them. Can someone point me in the direction to do this, and also on how to get the 'light' sprites to be added correctly?

And while I'm at it, would anyone know how to make it so a Shadow(/Light) Pokémon could gain EXP and level up, while growing marginally more disobedient to the trainer (like a traded Pokémon)?

Old August 23rd, 2013, 06:50 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey_Create View Post
I was curious if anyone had a Better Perspective type Map mode. One that looks a bit less flat. Or a way to make Trees and building look more like HGSS 3D. It really isnt a big deal for the HGSS 3D, but Perspective is basically stretching the bottom and squezing the top of the screen. I want trees and building to maintain a more "Normal" flow. Its kind of hard to explain. THhe only Thing I can think of as to how to do this, Is make another Terrain Tag, and have it scripted out to ignore the perspective tilemapping. I dont know. Probably not correct, but yea. I really need to Study RGSS
No idea.

Quote:
I am not asking for "FREE SCRIPTZ" rather, a bit of pushing me to learn how to do these things. I have a list of things I would like to implement, but don't know RGSS, so this will attempt to teach me a bit.

Look at scripts in Essentials already... You've said "you're not asking for frees scripts", before...

Quote:

Here is my list of things.
  1. HUD telling you what Route or Town you are on, and showing you your pokemons Status.
  2. "Reuse" Items. Repel just wore off, Would you like to use another? And Unlimited potion using for out of battle.
  3. A newer Pause Menu. With a drop down window, and Iconized Options.
  4. Help with repositioning for a New Resolution. We are switching to 640x400
  5. A "Better" Perspective map mode. Something that make the map less flat, And make certain objects/tiles ignore the map mode.
  6. How to do a Gym Leader event that makes you have to challange him twice, the first losing, but not Fainting, rather, making you go to the PokeCenter, and then trigger a Special Event for a Guy to talk to you. THEN go back to fight the Leader.
  7. More to come, I just can;t think right now.
1. Isn't this already in... Or do you want it to always be visible? What does the status thing mean.
2. The Repel thing is already in Essentials... The Potion thing however, make this part, in PokemonItems:
Code:
           if !pbCheckUseOnPokemon(item,pokemon,screen)
             pbPlayBuzzerSE()
           else
             ret=ItemHandlers.triggerUseOnPokemon(item,pokemon,screen)
             if ret && $ItemData[item][ITEMUSE]==1 # Usable on Pokémon, consumed
             end
             if bag.pbQuantity(item)<=0
               Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("You used your last {1}.",
                  PBItems.getName(item))) if bag.pbQuantity(item)<=0
               break
             end
           end
Look like this:
Code:
           if !pbCheckUseOnPokemon(item,pokemon,screen)
             pbPlayBuzzerSE()
           else
             ret=ItemHandlers.triggerUseOnPokemon(item,pokemon,screen)
             if ret && $ItemData[item][ITEMUSE]==1 # Usable on Pokémon, consumed
               if isConst?(item,PBItems,:POTION) # Edit this for other items.
                 # This means it does nothing.
               else # Otherwise...?
                 bag.pbDeleteItem(item) # This was originally there.
               end # Ends the new if statement
             end
             if bag.pbQuantity(item)<=0
               Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("You used your last {1}.",
                  PBItems.getName(item))) if bag.pbQuantity(item)<=0
               break
             end
           end
3. Good luck... I've given you a new pause menu, you can merely edit that to do what you want.
4. Repositioning...? Not my area, but I figure you could just change the settings, on the settings script section...
5. Already said, this is not something I know.
6. This is merely eventing... Maybe you should use the Last Pokemon Message, tutorial as a base script.
7. Oh no lol.

Quote:

Yes, I know my list is Huge. I basically want a Mentor to help me learn to script. And point me in the right Direction with my issues.
Quote:

So I've helped you a little, run wild young padwan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulGuroRose View Post
Okay, so I'd like to start off with the fact that I know jack diddly about RGSS. U wU; So far, when editing scripts, I've really just gone off of my intuition and the script examples around me and I've miraculously not completely ruined everything. But that's besides the point.

I'd like to implement Light Pokémon into my game, which are have the same elements as Shadow Pokémon, just a different story to them. Can someone point me in the direction to do this, and also on how to get the 'light' sprites to be added correctly?

And while I'm at it, would anyone know how to make it so a Shadow(/Light) Pokémon could gain EXP and level up, while growing marginally more disobedient to the trainer (like a traded Pokémon)?
Adding New Types
Old August 28th, 2013, 02:13 PM
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?

Nature: Serious
I have a script request list/questions (This is not Pokemon related).

1. I am creating an "overworld shooter" game if you will (The OW is shooting, no "battles") and I was wondering if there is a script for that (The player presses a button and the projectile goes the way the player is facing. It also makes any event disappear upon projectile touch)

2.Along with OW Shooter, I also am requesting OW melee combat script, such as sword combat.

3.Which script section deals with the controls?

Thanks

YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
Old August 28th, 2013, 04:03 PM
joeyhugg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGames,Films, and More! View Post
I have a script request list/questions (This is not Pokemon related).

1. I am creating an "overworld shooter" game if you will (The OW is shooting, no "battles") and I was wondering if there is a script for that (The player presses a button and the projectile goes the way the player is facing. It also makes any event disappear upon projectile touch)

2.Along with OW Shooter, I also am requesting OW melee combat script, such as sword combat.

3.Which script section deals with the controls?

Thanks
I believe what you are looking for is an Action Battle System. There are tons of those out there. Just google it. I personally don't know of any off-hand for XP, but for VX Ace there's Sapphire Action System and Falcao Pearl ABS. Just search around and you'll find tons.
Old August 29th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Are you not entertained?

I seached for a battle system and I found a good one :D . But I have a question. Can you call common events from the script data base?

YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
Old August 29th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Maruno

Quote:
I seached for a battle system and I found a good one :D . But I have a question. Can you call common events from the script data base?
Yep. That's how phone calls with important NPCs (e.g. Professor Oak) work, for one.
Old August 29th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Are you not entertained?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
Yep. That's how phone calls with important NPCs (e.g. Professor Oak) work, for one.
sorry, but I must ask: what script section

YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
Old August 30th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Maruno

Quote:
sorry, but I must ask: what script section
The script section that deals with phone calls. PokemonPhone. It makes sense if you think about it.

This thread isn't for questions; it's about making requests for things.
Old September 1st, 2013, 06:54 PM
# 494

A request for something that I thought would of been quite simple.

I want to make an event that shows how many Pokemon I've caught, but without opening (or even having) the Pokedex. Something thats just like: "You've seen x of x number of Pokemon."
Old September 2nd, 2013, 03:08 AM
Badhaas

I would like to request some help with coding the following:

I am trying write a script which can place a premade event on a specific location on a specific map. The map id, x, and y location are stored in an array. This can for example be used in placing an event on the location where the player leaves behind their partner trainer. These events will remain on that location until their position changes, or they are removed (as the player partners with them again). Thus these events have to stay on those maps, even when the player returns after having left the map.

Currently I am trying to achieve this by duplicating events from a 'template' map. This map holds all events, with all their functionalities already in the event, which have to be placed on these positions.
Thus far I have the following code:

Code:
module Char_Events
  CHAR_TEMPLATE_MAP_ID = 99

map_id = CHAR_TEMPLATE_MAP_ID
  map = load_data(sprintf("Data/Map%03d.%s", map_id,$RPGVX ? "rvdata" : "rxdata"))
  $events = map.events

end

class CharacterEvent < Game_Event

def initialize(char_id)
    original_event = $events[char_id]
    return if original_event == nil
    event = original_event.dup
    event.x = $CharacterData.position[char_id][1]
    event.y = $CharacterData.position[char_id][2]
    event.pages[0].graphic.direction = $CharacterData.position[char_id][3]
    super($CharacterData.position[char_id][0], event)
  end

end

def pbTestDupl(char_id)
  #Save them all in an array
  @char_events[char_id] = CharacterEvent.new(char_id)

#add the event to the map's event hash
  $game_map.events[$game_map.events.length+1] = @char_events[char_id]
  $game_map.refresh
end
This code should already place an event on the defined location when on the same map as the player, yet somehow doesn't. Things I've checked thus far are: The game doesn't crash when running the code, it seems to successfully store all the events in the $events variable, it seems to successfully create the new event, but it doesn't appear on the map.

Could someone please help me with this, or at least give me a push in the right direction?
Old September 3rd, 2013, 04:04 PM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by # 494 View Post
A request for something that I thought would of been quite simple.

I want to make an event that shows how many Pokemon I've caught, but without opening (or even having) the Pokedex. Something thats just like: "You've seen x of x number of Pokemon."
Just put in a game variable and show it. Code:
Code:
$game_variables[98] = $Trainer.pokedexOwned
$game_variables[99] = $Trainer.pokedexSeen
After this, use the message command "You've seen \v[98] of \v[99] number of Pokemon."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhaas View Post
Spoiler:
I would like to request some help with coding the following:

I am trying write a script which can place a premade event on a specific location on a specific map. The map id, x, and y location are stored in an array. This can for example be used in placing an event on the location where the player leaves behind their partner trainer. These events will remain on that location until their position changes, or they are removed (as the player partners with them again). Thus these events have to stay on those maps, even when the player returns after having left the map.

Currently I am trying to achieve this by duplicating events from a 'template' map. This map holds all events, with all their functionalities already in the event, which have to be placed on these positions.
Thus far I have the following code:

Code:
module Char_Events
  CHAR_TEMPLATE_MAP_ID = 99

map_id = CHAR_TEMPLATE_MAP_ID
  map = load_data(sprintf("Data/Map%03d.%s", map_id,$RPGVX ? "rvdata" : "rxdata"))
  $events = map.events

end

class CharacterEvent < Game_Event

def initialize(char_id)
    original_event = $events[char_id]
    return if original_event == nil
    event = original_event.dup
    event.x = $CharacterData.position[char_id][1]
    event.y = $CharacterData.position[char_id][2]
    event.pages[0].graphic.direction = $CharacterData.position[char_id][3]
    super($CharacterData.position[char_id][0], event)
  end

end

def pbTestDupl(char_id)
  #Save them all in an array
  @char_events[char_id] = CharacterEvent.new(char_id)

#add the event to the map's event hash
  $game_map.events[$game_map.events.length+1] = @char_events[char_id]
  $game_map.refresh
end
This code should already place an event on the defined location when on the same map as the player, yet somehow doesn't. Things I've checked thus far are: The game doesn't crash when running the code, it seems to successfully store all the events in the $events variable, it seems to successfully create the new event, but it doesn't appear on the map.

Could someone please help me with this, or at least give me a push in the right direction?
Try to set your events before the events in the map are loaded (before line 'for i in @map.events.keys' at Game_Map_)

And '$game_map.events[$game_map.events.length+1] = @char_events[char_id]' has no sense (except in certain contexts), use '$game_map.events[$game_map.events.length] = @char_events[char_id]' or '$game_map.events.push(@char_events[char_id])'

PS: This thread isn't for these questions. What is the best form of handle this? Should Maruno transform these post in threads in Essentials area?
Old September 4th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Badhaas

Thanks FL. for the reply, I'll try it out and find a way to make it work. (And thnx for pointing out the array.push, I forgot about that one :s)

I'm sorry I posted this question here and tried to formulate it as a request. It wasn't clear for me where such questions should be posted on the forum, and this seemed the most sensible place.
*edit*: I missed the Pokémon Essentials area :s, I apologize for the inconvenience. There is no need to transform my post; I'll try a few things to make it work, and in case I can't figure it out I'll post it in the Essentials area.

To follow the idea of this thread I also have a request;
Can anyone write a script which allows you to load a save file from a previous versions of your game, with room for a new game fix function. This would allow players to continue where they left off on the previous demo, or release, without starting over every time. The new game fix function would include everything which gets initialised at a new game that wasn't present in the previous versions (this would be per version). This is meant to prevent crashes caused by not having initialised new code, or changes in the code.
Old September 4th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Maruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhaas View Post
Can anyone write a script which allows you to load a save file from a previous versions of your game, with room for a new game fix function. This would allow players to continue where they left off on the previous demo, or release, without starting over every time. The new game fix function would include everything which gets initialised at a new game that wasn't present in the previous versions (this would be per version). This is meant to prevent crashes caused by not having initialised new code, or changes in the code.
If you make your changes in the right way, that won't be a problem.
Old September 17th, 2013, 02:47 PM
cclare90

I was wondering if anyone could show me how to implement Nuzlocke mode into my game.
Old September 18th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclare90 View Post
I was wondering if anyone could show me how to implement Nuzlocke mode into my game.
With a quick Google search.

That appears easy enough, just long, to implement... Seems this would need to be made as more of an "add-on", than actually showing you, because I would bet all I own, on you getting confused immediately, if someone were to show you... Good luck otherwise.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 01:50 PM
korjamer
Pixel Artist

Hello all, So I'm an artist working on a personal project of my own in essentials and remaking the area where I live into a Pokemon game by compiling basic resources around the internet. Anyway, the reason I'm here is because I found a script by Wyrelade that allows for the placement of a shadow graphic under the player character and any followers. Only it's not compatible with Pokemon Essentials, Just RMVX. I have Help-14's following script and the newest version of Essentials. It throws up a bunch of errors but its apparently 'plug and play'. Obviously I expected this to happen but with my limited scripting knowledge my tinkering didn't really do much. I know the code is for a different version of RPGmaker but they're both written in ruby shouldn't the basic concept be the same? I really believe that a talented scripter could get these to work together or even make a new script for XP based on this concept. And that brings me to why I posted, I need someones help. I would be extremely grateful If someone could try and tackle this problem with me. Here's a link to the script:
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/6...event-shadows/
Feel free to message me.

Last edited by korjamer; October 2nd, 2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 03:17 PM
joeyhugg

Quote:
Originally Posted by korjamer View Post
Hello all, So I'm an artist working on a personal project of my own in essentials and remaking the area where I live into a Pokemon game by compiling basic resources around the internet. Anyway, the reason I'm here is because I found a script by Wyrelade that allows for the placement of a shadow graphic under the player character and any followers. Only it's not compatible with Pokemon Essentials, Just RMVX. I have Help-14's following script and the newest version of Essentials. It throws up a bunch of errors but its apparently 'plug and play'. Obviously I expected this to happen but with my limited scripting knowledge my tinkering didn't really do much. I know the code is for a different version of RPGmaker but they're both written in ruby shouldn't the basic concept be the same? I really believe that a talented scripter could get these to work together or even make a new script for XP based on this concept. And that brings me to why I posted, I need someones help. I would be extremely grateful If someone could try and tackle this problem with me. Here's a link to the script:
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/6...event-shadows/
Feel free to message me.
That's because it's a script for VX Ace. Not RPG Maker XP
Old October 2nd, 2013, 04:21 PM
korjamer
Pixel Artist

Did you read my post? I know that. Maybe I wasn't being clear.
I need a more advanced scripter's help to write a shadow code for essentials (which runs on xp) maybe using the other one as a starting point.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 05:36 PM
joeyhugg

Quote:
Originally Posted by korjamer View Post
Did you read my post? I know that. Maybe I wasn't being clear.
I need a more advanced scripter's help to write a shadow code for essentials (which runs on xp) maybe using the other one as a starting point.
Ah, sorry. Those can be done in the graphics, just add semi-transparent shadows under the characters.
Old October 15th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Maruno

I don't think there's any difference between this thread and asking how to do things in the Essentials section. Thread closed.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here