• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Ended up getting 2 remoriads while trying to get 2 clampearls. Haha. I will.get them for my lovely shiny huntail or gorbyass.

Been still trying to complete my huge gaming backlog. Rushing games isnt ever as fun though. But needs must.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
@Pokemount: Welcome to the club! Hope you enjoy your hunts.

(...)Somehow I managed to get near perfect competitive battlers with these two, with Mightyena having 31 IVs in Attack and Speed, and Fennekin having a Timid nature and 31 in Sp Attack!

Congratulations on your two new Shinies!

I wouldn't quite call that "near perfect", since it's much quicker to get a 5-6 perfect IV Pokémon (5 is best for certain things) this gen than in any other thanks to Destiny Knot, egg moves keeping on passing down if the parent got it as an egg move (even if it loses it from level-ups at the Day-Care!) and...

...the fact that Friend Safari Pokémon have two guaranteed max IVs (and much higher Shiny chance). That's why your Mightyena landed two maxed stats and they landed on nice stats!

Were you breeding for Fennekin with the Sp.Atk Power item on one of the parents or did you get lucky?

In any case - as I mentioned yesterday, here's Slabhide, my Gigalith!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The max IVs are marked in order, so they're Attack and Special Defense. Not amazing, but at least I didn't get a 31 in Speed, since that would be the equivalent of 0 on a Curse + Brave nature set, hah!

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013

Thanks! And your new Gigalith looks pretty awesome. :)

Yay! Got really lucky and got my first MM shiny on the 25th egg! :)

Here is my brand new shiny Deino!: :D

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years

Congratulations on your two new Shinies!

I wouldn't quite call that "near perfect", since it's much quicker to get a 5-6 perfect IV Pokémon (5 is best for certain things) this gen than in any other thanks to Destiny Knot, egg moves keeping on passing down if the parent got it as an egg move (even if it loses it from level-ups at the Day-Care!) and...

...the fact that Friend Safari Pokémon have two guaranteed max IVs (and much higher Shiny chance). That's why your Mightyena landed two maxed stats and they landed on nice stats!

Were you breeding for Fennekin with the Sp.Atk Power item on one of the parents or did you get lucky?

Not near perfect as in near flawless IVs by any means haha. I don't think a flawless IV poké is even possible in the wild, is it? Lol!

Nah, just as-near-to-perfect-as-you-can-get-by-luck-for-what-purpose-they-would-serve-in-battle-near-perfect. Yeah I did know about all those whatnots and things in this gen, which is why I actually checked Mightyena, just that it got the two it would possibly need the most, the Mightyena's stupid speed lowering nature *grumble grumble*.
I did infact breed for Fennekin with the Sp.Atk item! Just wasn't sure if it was always 100% which is why I called myself lucky xD the nature was happenstance though, that was lucky indeed. :3

Anywho congratulations on your Rocky guy and any others I've missed and of course, hello there and welcome to the club to any new hunters. It seems the new generation is providing a lot of those lol!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Congrats on all the shinies guys! And welcome to all the new hunters!

Anyway, got my 8th shiny on Y today, she is one I wanted back in 3rd gen but back then I didn't have the patience. Plus the Friend Safari helps a lot:)

Anyway here she is:

Spoiler:

Best part is she has 3 perfect IVs! Perfect HP, Defence, Special attack. With Speed 25, Attack 14, and Sp Def 12 she is not 'perfect' but well above average :)

Very happy.

Not near perfect as in near flawless IVs by any means haha. I don't think a flawless IV poké is even possible in the wild, is it? Lol!

I believe that it is technically possible, but as the IV's are determined individually the probability is 1 in 32^6, which is roughly 1 in a billion. (1 in 1,073,741,824). In the Friend Safari, given there are two 31 IV's artificially loaded, it drops to 1 in 32^4, which is roughly 1 in a million (1 in 1,048,576).

So good luck finding one lol :)

Last edited:

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
192. Eggs.

It took only 192 eggs for my shiny Fletchling to hatch, I'm honestly stoked. Am I the first to complete the November challenge? Salamence and Fletchling are my wonderful flying types!

His name is Kestrel, he's a gorgeous male Fletchling with GALE WINGS! I'm still pretty excited I got him, now to EV him up!

Yearly progress:

Gen 1: Eevee (formerly)
Gen 2: None yet.
Gen 3: Salamence
Gen 4: Floatzel
Gen 5: Panpour
Gen 6: Fletchling, Sylveon

Challenges completed: 1

Years
I believe that it is technically possible, but as the IV's are determined individually the probability is 1 in 32^6, which is roughly 1 in a billion. (1 in 1,073,741,824). In the Friend Safari, given there are two 31 IV's artificially loaded, it drops to 1 in 32^4, which is roughly 1 in a million (1 in 1,048,576).

So good luck finding one lol :)

Huge congrats on Tropius! I've also always wanted one haha. Maybe I'll be inspired to find one one day.
Yeah, I think I'll pass on finding a flawless.. I could get 125,000 shinies in that time. ;)

Yearly progress:

Gen 1: Eevee (formerly)
Gen 2: None yet.
Gen 3: Salamence
Gen 4: Floatzel
Gen 5: Panpour
Gen 6: Fletchling, Sylveon

Challenges completed: 1

Huge congrats on Fletchling also! That's another one I really want lol!
In regards to the yearly progress- if I recall correctly one pokemon can only count once, i.e. your Eevee can only count for gen 1 or gen 6. Which should be fine because you have Fletchling anyway haha. I may be wrong though o.o

Also I'm wondering if G will say we have to get 2 shinies to count as 1, like with the shiny charm thing, since the odds are confirmed lowered? 1/4096!

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Congratulations the shiny Tropius and Fletchling guys! :)

I'm trying for a shiny Roselia via Masuda Method. Currently 90 eggs in and nothing yet.

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years
Wow, it's been a while since I've popped in here. Just wanted to post a few shines I've caught during the past month.

I caught a shiny two Skiddos after many attempts to chain successfully. Put one on wondertrade, and got a Bunnelby. Woo-freaking-hoo.

I also caught a shiny Krabby in the friend Safari.

Hello to all the new members, and happy hunting!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 8, 2013
Hey guys/gals I have shiny poliwhril x2, poliwrath, dragalge willing to part with them for a shiny ponyta for my girlfriend if anybody could help out would be amazing :) + love Hunting for shinnies :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Espurr refuses to shine. Last night I just got *another* shiny Oddish. I was hoping this hunt wouldn't take a more than a month but it's looking like that's going to be the case.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Figured out my next Diamond hunt. Fishing in the Great Marsh. Two things to accomplish here; first fishing shiny, and first safari zone shiny. I am using super rod so the pokemon I can get are Carvanha, Whiscash, and Gyarados. Anything will do here as long as I catch it.

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
Hey everyone, it's been a while. :3 Welcome all the new comers! I've been super busy with school but I finally got a little bit of a break and I picked up my Pokemon X again... (I had only gotten past the first gym after school craziness.) ....now I'm soft resetting for a shiny snorlax. Hopefully it's possible to get one at that point in the game, haha. I couldn't find information confirming or denying through google.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Finally got 1 shiny clampearl. On way home from.holiday now and back to real life.

What is peoples opinions on shiny value?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2014
I'm up to nine shinies. I have six from chain fishing relicanth, octillery, poliwag, clauncher, seeking, and magikarp. The poliwag, clauncher, and magikarp I have evolved already.
And I have caught three with the pokeradar ditto, plusle, and pangoro.
I'd really like a shiny ghastly.

Years
Finally got 1 shiny clampearl. On way home from.holiday now and back to real life.

What is peoples opinions on shiny value?

Congrats on getting 1 clamperl! Now just for the other haha!

I don't like it, but I think after the Pokeradar, RNG, Shiny Charm, lowered odds, fish chaining, action replay, and now shiny values I just finally decided to call it quits caring any more lol. After all that I've come to terms with the fact that my effort in my shinies will never amount to anything because anyone who wants the shinies can get them ten times easier some other way. It won't stop me from hunting, I just don't really care any more.

I also personally consider shiny value-ing and RNG to be cheating myself haha.

In other news I'm up to 3,150 in a Lillipup/Mincinno/Eevee safari. Hoping to get something soon so that I can do a race with a couple friends!

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
Years
Well, I was going about my day when I found a shiny Phantump in the wild. XD I was actually in a Friend Safari, and I was seeing what Pokemon were in the Safari until the little shiny showed up.

Right now, I'm trying to get a shiny Munchlax with Masuda Method. ^^ Wish me luck guys!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Congrats to all new shinies!

Just found myself a nice new one, means I am now done with the monthly challenge and now have 1 from each Generation (1-6). Just need to complete the December monthly challenge and I am done for the yearly challenge :)

31 IV's are Attack and HP, rest are average at best....

Spoiler:

Back