• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
  • Woah...so many shinies!!! O_O Congrats everyone!!

1,000,000 views!!!!! Woo!!!

I finally beat the Elite 4 in X, "lol". 3D Pokemon are so awesome - shinies look even cooler!

It's the last month of the year, and you know what that means!!

The December Monthly Quest!!

It's the final Monthly Quest of the year! To finish off the yearlong theme of shinies across generations, catch two shinies that either 1) are Fairy-types, 2) changed types between generations, or 3) gained an evolution/pre-evolution between generations.

The contest lasts until midnight EDT on January 2nd, 2014.

Good luck and have fun!

If anyone has suggestions/wants something new for next year's quests, PM me or Latios Master, or post it in the club to discuss!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • It's the final Monthly Quest of the year! To finish off the yearlong theme of shinies across generations, catch two shinies that either 1) are Fairy-types, 2) changed types between generations, or 3) gained an evolution/pre-evolution between generations.

2 clarification questions I have:

Can you get two from the same category or can they be different? IE 1 fairy and 1 that changed types, or would it have to be 2x fairy OR 2x changed types?

Secondly, would a pokemon that gained a mega evolution count? It has evolution in it's title, but it isn't a 'traditional' evolution so thought I would ask.

Either way, interesting tasks!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 6929 Eevee
    ~8000 Golett

2 clarification questions I have:

Can you get two from the same category or can they be different? IE 1 fairy and 1 that changed types, or would it have to be 2x fairy OR 2x changed types?

Secondly, would a pokemon that gained a mega evolution count? It has evolution in it's title, but it isn't a 'traditional' evolution so thought I would ask.

Either way, interesting tasks!

Yup, you can get two from the same one or two from different categories! I don't think that Mega Evolutions should count, though, since a lot of Pokemon are already included between the three categories.

Good luck!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Yup, you can get two from the same one or two from different categories! I don't think that Mega Evolutions should count, though, since a lot of Pokemon are already included between the three categories.

Good luck!

Fair enough, I was thinking one or the other would be adequate. If neither were allowed, it would be tough for those that don't have X or Y. I agree it would be very easy if both were allowed!

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
    Years
  • Still no shiny news from me! I am determined to get something before I progress further in the game though... all of my pokemon are almost level 50 and I only have 2 gym badges... haha. I'm going to sweep the rest of the game once I get a shiny. :3

But I do have other exciting news! I applied to do a panel on shiny pokemon and hunting them at one of my local anime/gaming conventions. I'm super excited and nervous as I haven't done much public speaking... but I think it will be a great opportunity for me to spread the fun of shiny hunting as well as meet some new friends and recruit people to my local pokemon meetup group! I hope my panel gets accepted. Wish me luck!

@Rezu - Welcome and congrats on the drapion, teddiursa, and skorupi!

@ilovebunnies9 - Congrats on the duosion!

@G3R0N1M0 - Welcome!

@Enderjay - Congrats on the shiny mareep and dedenne! Very cute names you chose for them. C:

@TSE - Congrats on the Swablu and Klefk!

@Pumpkaboo - Congrats on the lamperts! I'm super jealous.

@Christopher - Congrats on the Gyarados,Goldeen and Alomomola!

Good luck on your hunts everyone!

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • @Kitori - Good Luck on both the panel and the shiny hunt, and don't worry public speaking is cake once you get up there and start talking. It's mostly the anticipation that messes with people.

I'm at 1800+ Goomy with no shiny, I got so sick of seeing his cute squishy little face that I went to the Friend Safari to level up some mons and search for Hidden Abilities. I'm really glad I did too as I've caught 2 shiny Vullaby so far, I was hoping for a Sneasle but I'm not going to complain. :D

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    I would like to join please. I have so far caught a shiny pidgey in Leaf Green and that's all so far.

Just a quick question: On the FAQ here, it says that if you have a dry internal battery, you cannot obtain a shiny through soft resetting. Is this true? I usually wouldn't believe this but I have been shiny hunting on Sapphire for a Rayquaza and I'm up around 20,000 SRs or so and I still haven't found one.

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • Ran into a random shiny Whismur in a horde, and today I found the shiny Braixen I've been after! Shame about the lack of hidden ability but beggers can't be choosers.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • I would like to join please. I have so far caught a shiny pidgey in Leaf Green and that's all so far.

Just a quick question: On the FAQ here, it says that if you have a dry internal battery, you cannot obtain a shiny through soft resetting. Is this true? I usually wouldn't believe this but I have been shiny hunting on Sapphire for a Rayquaza and I'm up around 20,000 SRs or so and I still haven't found one.

By replying you have joined :)

Sadly it is true - whether it is shiny or not is dependent on a random number generator that uses the time as a seed value. Therefore if the clock stops working, it's the same seed value every time. So if after 1 SR it is not shiny, then it never will be :(

AngryPondDuck

The Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Can I join?

My Shiny Pokémon:
    -Seaking

What I'm Looking For:
    -Charmander
    -Axew
    -Gyarados (Yes, I never played gold, silver, crystal, or any of the remakes...)
    -Ampharos

Thank You

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Ok, I joined several months ago but I haven't posted until now. Well, out of total randomness, I was able to find a shiny Altaria in my X game!

No pictures :'(

My next task will be to start MMing for Froakie, I guess. I'll let you guys know if I make a breakthrough.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I should work on getting a Shiny Klefki. They are seriously amazing! A gold Klefki looks beautiful in battle. <3~

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I'm getting no love from the Masuda Method, I'm about 2500 eggs away from my last shiny. I'm going to take a little break and work on the dex/train a bit...I can only go down route 7 so many times a day. :D

Good luck to everyone hunting and congrats on the successful ones.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2014
    hey this is probaly a noob question but i heard you need to beat the elite 4 in every game to find shinies is this true i know it confirmed in x and y but does this go for diamond leafgreen and sapphire

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • hey this is probaly a noob question but i heard you need to beat the elite 4 in every game to find shinies is this true i know it confirmed in x and y but does this go for diamond leafgreen and sapphire

AFAIK in X Y you don't have to beat the league, and from personal experience between me and my sister we have found shinies in Silver (x2), Saphire, Ruby (x2), Diamond, Soul Silver (x4) before beating the league, all at 1/8192 chances.

Years
  • hey this is probaly a noob question but i heard you need to beat the elite 4 in every game to find shinies is this true i know it confirmed in x and y but does this go for diamond leafgreen and sapphire

I know for (at least the remakes of Gold/Silver) you don't. I found a Swinub for my first encounter in that ice cave (forgot the name) to the city with the eighth gym.

...Wow I need to go play that game again. I can't remember the names of any locations.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2014
    AFAIK in X Y you don't have to beat the league, and from personal experience between me and my sister we have found shinies in Silver (x2), Saphire, Ruby (x2), Diamond, Soul Silver (x4) before beating the league, all at 1/8192 chances.

ok thank you for this info

Akidatheart

Pokémom
    Years
  • Hey everybody! (really) Long time no see! I'm not sure I even recognize anyone anymore.. Let me know if you are someone I know but have changed your name. :) No new shiny Pokes here but I'm about to start hunting in Pokemon X. Shido, are you around? *goes back to read the old messages to see what's been happening in the last couple of years.*
    Kim

Back