• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Name: Superstrength79
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Volcarona, Mega-Charizard X
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Not too many Fire-type Pokemon exist; always a solid starter choice.
    If you could create a Fire-type pokemon, what would it be based on? If I were to make a new, Fire-type Pokemon, it would be a new starter. I like the idea of starters gaining an extra type at their final evolution stage, so I think a Fire/Grass would be neat (I was thinking about starters that each evolve into their counterpart they are strong against). Not sure what animal it would be based on, but I was thinking it could embody the essence of rebirth (kind of like Xerneas or a Phoenix). Gaining the Grass-type at the final evolution stage could mean it's ready to perform some life-task. Signature move would be some kind of exploding acorns. On second-thought... maybe this Pokemon should start as a Grass starter, and finally gain the Fire-type :)

x2 effective: Rock, Poison, Flying

1/2 effective: Electric, Steel, Fairy

1/4 effective: Grass

Bonus answers:
    Volcarona (named Nova) was the first Fire-type Pokemon that I hatched via Masuda Method... it was also completely on accident! I was trying to get better IVs and wondered why the heck "this one" was yellow. Nova has 4 of 6 IVs, Timid, and eggs moves so she's still really good.

I love black dragons, so that's why my second partner is Mega Charizard-X

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Name: Superstrength79
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Volcarona, Mega-Charizard X
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Not too many Fire-type Pokemon exist; always a solid starter choice.
    If you could create a Fire-type pokemon, what would it be based on? If I were to make a new, Fire-type Pokemon, it would be a new starter. I like the idea of starters gaining an extra type at their final evolution stage, so I think a Fire/Grass would be neat (I was thinking about starters that each evolve into their counterpart they are strong against). Not sure what animal it would be based on, but I was thinking it could embody the essence of rebirth (kind of like Xerneas or a Phoenix). Gaining the Grass-type at the final evolution stage could mean it's ready to perform some life-task. Signature move would be some kind of exploding acorns. On second-thought... maybe this Pokemon should start as a Grass starter, and finally gain the Fire-type :)

x2 effective: Rock, Poison, Flying

1/2 effective: Electric, Steel, Fairy

1/4 effective: Grass

Bonus answers:
    Volcarona (named Nova) was the first Fire-type Pokemon that I hatched via Masuda Method... it was also completely on accident! I was trying to get better IVs and wondered why the heck "this one" was yellow. Nova has 4 of 6 IVs, Timid, and eggs moves so she's still really good.

I love black dragons, so that's why my second partner is Mega Charizard-X

Hey, I know you! :P Welcome! I'd definitely like to see a Fire/Grass-type, but I think it'd be a bit contradicting as a starter. Also, Mega Charizard X is awesome, no doubt about it.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I was thinking of the starter being very plant-like (similar to Lileep). It's buds hold the Fire-power (a-thank-you) for attacks, and evolves to gain Fire-type at 3rd evolve stage. Starters tend to be cutesy though.... perhaps it could be a tree/cactus-dwelling critter.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That's actually a really great idea. If it were to happen, though, don't you think it'd take some value away from the actual fire-type starter? xD;; Because of this, I think it would be better if this were a non-starter.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Maybe, but there are a lot of starters that seem rehashed. How many Fire/Fight starters have there been now? My idea probably would make a decent 2-step evolution Pokemon. It sort of needs to start as Grass, then pick up Fire when it evolves.

Starters make for good candidates of type-testing though, since they usually have decent stat pools to make up for any "weak" pairings (looking at you Chesnaught).

As a starter I was thinking:

Stage 1: Fire
    Stage 2: Fire
    Stage 3: Fire/Grass

Or flipped around the other way to make more sense... but this is the Fire-type love thread :)

Wicked3DS

Years
  • That's actually a really great idea. If it were to happen, though, don't you think it'd take some value away from the actual fire-type starter? xD;; Because of this, I think it would be better if this were a non-starter.

Nail on the head. No matter which way you switch the types, it limits the starter of the other type and I don't think it's a great idea. It would be a good Pokémon though. If you want a starter with a second type that is new or hasn't been done much before, I'd do it with Poison or Bug, which have 0 or 1 Pokémon line, respectively.

Whenever i think of what a possible fire/grass Pokemon would look like, i picture the piranha plants from Mario being in a Pokemon game xD

Now there's an interesting one, that would give Mario fans a laugh for sure. That's pretty cool though.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Nail on the head. No matter which way you switch the types, it limits the starter of the other type and I don't think it's a great idea. It would be a good Pokémon though. If you want a starter with a second type that is new or hasn't been done much before, I'd do it with Poison or Bug, which have 0 or 1 Pokémon line, respectively.
    I must have been unclear. I was hoping it would be part of a cycle for a certain generation. Each starter grows into the type it is strong against (or weak against if that works out better for design).

Fire > Fire/Grass
    Water > Water/Fire
    Grass > Grass/Water

or

Fire > Fire/Water (maybe it could be a bottle of Gin? hehe don't throw stones at me!)
    Water > Water/Grass
    Grass > Grass/Fire

Either way you look at it, Fire/Grass needs to happen :)

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Besides, giving only one starter a second starter type doesn't necassarily devalue the other of that type as long as they're dissimilar enough to be considered as different parts of a team; a wall grass type may be more valuable to some than a sweeper fire/grass

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Hmm, you do have a point there. I just feel like it would be a little...redundant to have two starters that eventually become the same type.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I dont think that GF will pull a move like that, since it would be kinda bland...
    I would definitely love to see a Water and Grass Fire type, just not as a starter

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I'm just glad we didn't get another Fire/Fight combo... I appreciate the unintentional tip of the hat to fire fighters, but two should be enough.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, fire/fighting was slightly overdone. ;o; Next time, I think it'd be pretty cool if they could give us a starter with the combination of dark/fire. We've never had one of these, have we? Well, there's Houndoom, but it's not a starter Pokémon, though.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years

• To this day i dont get how GF could think it was a god idea to have 3 times the same type of starter...
    Wait... what's the third? Emboar and Blaziken... am I forgetting one?

EDIT: Oh... Infernape. You know, I never, ever chose him to play with. I'm a Empoleon man for LIFE.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Yeah, fire/fighting was slightly overdone. ;o; Next time, I think it'd be pretty cool if they could give us a starter with the combination of dark/fire. We've never had one of these, have we? Well, there's Houndoom, but it's not a starter Pokémon, though.

Yeah, just *slightly* overdone xD

I would love to have another dark/fire type!! Houndoom is awesome, and getting a new Pokemon with that typing would be great

Wicked3DS

Years
  • At least we all agree on the Fire/Fighting issue. There's still plenty of combinations that haven't been done much or at all that could work very well. Fire/Dark would be pretty cool to see, and I think a new Fire/Ghost-type would be pretty awesome too.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Is this... A fire type club? ^~^
    Name:XpokeX
    Two fire type partner pokemon:Flareon and Infernape ^=^
    Reason:Fire types just really appeal to me,the sense of their burning will makes me want to catch em all
    If you could create a fire type pokemon,what would you base it on?:Id be wanting a starter fire type pokemon thats id say based on a wolf perhaps? I'd like it to be a fire/dark type like houndoom and maybe it had like those flaming things like the thing on mega blaziken's hands on the soles of its feet which will look pretty epic when it's moving :3

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Is this... A fire type club? ^~^
    Name:XpokeX
    Two fire type partner pokemon:Flareon and Infernape ^=^
    Reason:Fire types just really appeal to me,the sense of their burning will makes me want to catch em all
    If you could create a fire type pokemon,what would you base it on?:Id be wanting a starter fire type pokemon thats id say based on a wolf perhaps? I'd like it to be a fire/dark type like houndoom and maybe it had like those flaming things like the thing on mega blaziken's hands on the soles of its feet which will look pretty epic when it's moving :3

Welcome! Hmm...a Fire/Dark wolf. The only thing I'll say about that is that it is very similar to Houndoom and that night night go over well unless it had something very distinguishable about it. It would also be somewhat similar to Arcanine considering that's based on a dog.

That being said, a Fire-type wolf would be pretty cool if it had something to distinguish itself from Arcanine and Houndoom's lines.

Back