• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 12, 2019
Tried that and only left the venusaurite and still didn't work.

Anyone see anything else? All the rules said was no legendaries and they had to be caught in xy or Oras which are the only places I've received mine.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Tried that and only left the venusaurite and still didn't work.

Anyone see anything else? All the rules said was no legendaries and they had to be caught in xy or Oras which are the only places I've received mine.
Are you trying this on ORAS instead of XY? Have you tried removing all of their items? Also:

• A Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire game with a Game Sync ID registered in the Pokémon Global Link (PGL)

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 12, 2019
Are you trying this on ORAS instead of XY? Have you tried removing all of their items? Also:

The competition seems to be just for ORAS and I've signed up for It on the GL just need to register. And tried removing items but it still wouldn't let me

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
The competition seems to be just for ORAS and I've signed up for It on the GL just need to register. And tried removing items but it still wouldn't let me

Are all your 'mons have blue pentagons on 'em? I ask because the previous online competition allowed us to carry 'mons that didn't have blue pentagons on 'em (I was really surprised to see shiny Rayquazas, shiny Groundons and shini Kyogres in my battles), but the [2015 International Challenge February] doesn't allow 'mons that don't have a blue pentagon on 'em...

The [2015 International Challenge February] uses the standard VGC Rules for 2015, wherein no moves are banned, and only the Soul Dew item is banned, so yeah, I don't really see any other reasons why you cannot register your team unless at least one of them doesn't have a blue pentagon.

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 12, 2019
Yep they all have the blue pentagon. So I really have no idea why I can't register them

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I'm not sure what to do with my Aromatisse. I do want it to be used as support for doubles/triples but I also want it to be able to stand on it's own just in case so the moveset I was thinking about was:

Quiet nature
Aroma Veil ability
Hold: Leftovers
Moves:
Moonblast
Heal Pulse
Trick Room
Aromatherapy or Psychic (or other suggestions for an attacking move would be welcome)

I'm not sure about putting Aromatherapy on it because while it will be usefull, it means it only has 1 attack or damage dealing move so if a poison, steel or Fire type pokemon is up against it and Aromatisse is my only pokemon left, it can't really do do much damage so I'm not sure if Aromatherapy would be a worthwhile move or not. Opinions? Options? Thanks!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm not sure what to do with my Aromatisse. I do want it to be used as support for doubles/triples but I also want it to be able to stand on it's own just in case so the moveset I was thinking about was:

Quiet nature
Aroma Veil ability
Moves:
Moonblast
Heal Pulse
Trick Room
Aromatherapy or Psychic (or other suggestions for an attacking move would be welcome)

I'm not sure about putting Aromatherapy on it because while it will be usefull, it means it only has 1 attack or damage dealing move so if a poison, steel or Fire type pokemon is up against it and Aromatisse is my only pokemon left, it can't really do do much damage so I'm not sure if Aromatherapy would be a worthwhile move or not. Opinions? Options? Thanks!
Aromatisse is more of a support Pokemon than an offensive one; its offensive move pool is pretty bad, while its support one is pretty good. Protect is also a crucial move in doubles; it does things like stalling opposing field moves or punishing double-targeting. Leftovers isn't used too often in doubles because of the fast pace:
-Trick Room
-Moonblast
-Heal Pulse/Light Screen/Reflect
-Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 SDef
Item: Sitrus Berry/Safety Goggles
Ability: Aroma Veil

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today

Quiet nature
Aroma Veil ability
Moves:
Moonblast
Heal Pulse
Trick Room

I think that if you get to the point where Aromatisse is the only thing you have left it's kinda screwed regardless of if it runs a coverage move or not; it doesn't have the best offenses anyway. I'd say keep Aromatherapy since a lot of Pokemon are crippled by status and very much appreciate it when their status ailments can get healed.

Years
I've been considering a bulky offensive Haxorus:
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Jolly / whatever boosts Defense
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP, 252 DEF, 4 ATK
Moveset: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Poison Jab, Earthquake

I noticed that Haxorus has brilliant attack, solid speed and decent defense, so I think a bulky offensive set would be great. All EVs are to give Haxorus enough staying power to take a few hits, so it can easily set up Dragon Dance - this compensates for the lack of attack and speed investment. After one dance, its attack and speed get incredibly high, and a life orb lets it hit even harder, although I may go with something else as this wears it down and kinda defeats the purpose of "bulky". The nature can either be Jolly (to provide more speed upon DD'ing) or whatever boosts defense (to provide more bulk). Finally, Mold Breaker lets it bypass things such as Sturdy or Levitate.

I realise it's not perfect, but it's interesting and I really wanna try it.

Years

I noticed that Haxorus has brilliant attack, solid speed and decent defense, so I think a bulky offensive set would be great. All EVs are to give Haxorus enough staying power to take a few hits, so it can easily set up Dragon Dance - this compensates for the lack of attack and speed investment. After one dance, its attack and speed get incredibly high, and a life orb lets it hit even harder, although I may go with something else as this wears it down and kinda defeats the purpose of "bulky". The nature can either be Jolly (to provide more speed upon DD'ing) or whatever boosts defense (to provide more bulk). Finally, Mold Breaker lets it bypass things such as Sturdy or Levitate.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

Haxorus' Speed is decent enough to be boosted by Dragon Dance, but without any Speed EVs, Haxorus will have to rely on multiple Dragon Dances to get going. Unlike Mega Altaria, Haxorus doesn't have the bulk to set up more than 2 Dragon Dances. And what's the point of a Jolly nature if Haxorus won't even invest in Speed? If there are no important Speed benchmarks to aim for when using Dragon Dance sets, the standard max Attack/max Speed spread should be used on offensive Dragon Dance users, Haxorus included.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Hi guys! I have a quick question for you Pokemon pros: what are the most efficient and ideal movesets for Serperior and Meganium? They have quite limited movesets and I want some variety in them.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Hi guys! I have a quick question for you Pokemon pros: what are the most efficient and ideal movesets for Serperior and Meganium? They have quite limited movesets and I want some variety in them.

Meganium is not really worth using in competitive, so I can't help you there, sorry!

As for Serperior though, you absolutely must have Contrary otherwise it's pretty underwhelming. You can use an all-out attacker set with life orb.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe (you can put the last 4 EVs wherever you want but I think people put it on special defense mostly. don't put it in HP though because that will make HP stat even which will make Serperior take statistically more Life Orb recoil)
Nature: Timid
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire / Ground (i think these are what people mostly use because fire can beat ferrothorn while ground can make serperior act as a heatran lure)
- Knock Off / Taunt / Giga Drain / anything else

It's best to use this Serperior as a late game cleaner because bringing it in early might spell disaster, but that still depends on your style of play! There's also a SubSeed Serperior but that's pretty underwhelming vs offense.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Timid
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire / Ground (see reasoning above)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Best way to use this set is by bringing it in vs defensive pokemon that cannot do anything against Serperior, set up a substitute then spam Leech Seed or try to boost your SpA with Leaf Storm.

Good luck!!

Years
Haxorus' Speed is decent enough to be boosted by Dragon Dance, but without any Speed EVs, Haxorus will have to rely on multiple Dragon Dances to get going. Unlike Mega Altaria, Haxorus doesn't have the bulk to set up more than 2 Dragon Dances. And what's the point of a Jolly nature if Haxorus won't even invest in Speed? If there are no important Speed benchmarks to aim for when using Dragon Dance sets, the standard max Attack/max Speed spread should be used on offensive Dragon Dance users, Haxorus included.

Jolly nature would be to take a little bit of an edge off the lack of speed investment, as I said. And I don't wanna just go full atk/speed cause it's way too generic for my liking.

Years
So i recently got my hands on a mew, Modest nature what would be a good moveset for it and how should i ev train in this will be my first legendary pokemon i take to online battle. I was thinking of ev training it in special attack since its a modest nature but what else. Thinking about making it a special sweeper. Any thoughts?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
So i recently got my hands on a mew, Modest nature what would be a good moveset for it and how should i ev train in this will be my first legendary pokemon i take to online battle. I was thinking of ev training it in special attack since its a modest nature but what else. Thinking about making it a special sweeper. Any thoughts?
Mew is pretty much outclassed as a special sweeper, despite its very wide move pool, due to its somewhat average offensive presence. But it could work as a Baton Passer:
-Nasty Plot
-Psyshock/Psychic
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse/Baton Pass
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
Jolly nature would be to take a little bit of an edge off the lack of speed investment, as I said. And I don't wanna just go full atk/speed cause it's way too generic for my liking.

With a Jolly nature, 0 Speed Haxorus hits 253 Speed, assuming a 31 Speed IV at level 100. Even though this will let Haxorus outspeed max Speed base 120s at +1 Speed, other Choice Scarf users hovering in the 70 Speed range will outspeed Haxorus. This may result in Haxorus taking another unnecessary hit before it sets up another one.

Even though 252/252 spreads seem boring, oftentimes they're the most practical spreads to go for if whatever you're using doesn't hit any notable benchmarks in avoiding/achieving KOs and outspeeding threats.

Years
Mew is pretty much outclassed as a special sweeper, despite its very wide move pool, due to its somewhat average offensive presence. But it could work as a Baton Passer:
-Nasty Plot
-Psyshock/Psychic
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse/Baton Pass
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers

With a Jolly nature, 0 Speed Haxorus hits 253 Speed, assuming a 31 Speed IV at level 100. Even though this will let Haxorus outspeed max Speed base 120s at +1 Speed, other Choice Scarf users hovering in the 70 Speed range will outspeed Haxorus. This may result in Haxorus taking another unnecessary hit before it sets up another one.

Even though 252/252 spreads seem boring, oftentimes they're the most practical spreads to go for if whatever you're using doesn't hit any notable benchmarks in avoiding/achieving KOs and outspeeding threats.
OK, I understand. But I'd still like to take advantage of that 90 defense - maybe if I maxed Speed and split the rest between Attack and HP/Defense?

Years
I agree with Platinum - despite having base 100 in every stat, there are better options for Physic type special sweepers, like Alakazam.

Mew does really well as annoying support though - try things like Stealth Rock, T-Wave, Willowisp, Dragon Tail and the like. You could also try baton passing - Mew has access to brilliant moves like Iron Defense, Nasty Plot, Cosmic Power, Agility, Swords Dance, Amnesia, etc.

The possibilities are endless with this little guy!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
OK, I understand. But I'd still like to take advantage of that 90 defense - maybe if I maxed Speed and split the rest between Attack and HP/Defense?

That's still not going to work, to be honest. For a Pokemon whose bulk is average at best, Haxorus needs max Speed to outspeed as much threats as possible, as well as max Attack to hit as hard as possible, pre- and post- Dragon Dance.

Years
That's still not going to work, to be honest. For a Pokemon whose bulk is average at best, Haxorus needs max Speed to outspeed as much threats as possible, as well as max Attack to hit as hard as possible, pre- and post- Dragon Dance.

Listen, and it's not like I don't appreciate your advice - I do. But this is the one thing that annoys me about competitive players - you assume everything will happen the way you predict, almost all the time. You're all like "this'll definitely happen, without fail". Have you TRIED bulky Haxorus? No? Then how can you be sure it won't work? Admittedly I haven't tried it yet either, but who knows? It could be a destroyer of worlds for all we know. The point I'm trying to make is, things rarely ever go the way you're assured - logic and assumption are no match for experience. So I implore you to at least try something before you say "that won't work" right off the bat. Narrow-mindedness has been the downfall of many a competitive player I know - all because something they were certain wouldn't work ended up destroying them. Look at the hate Bulky Talonflame got when the idea was first proposed - "that won't work, you're a noob if you use it this way blah blah blah"....... And now, Bulky Talonflame's nearly as common as Choice Band Talonflame. Just give it some thought, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back