• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2015
    Running into an issue with newest beta. I am facing off against the Tentacruel, when I get to my last pokemon the game freezes and nothing I do will fix it.

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
  • I have cheated to reach Pokémon League but couldn't enter the League though. Because I didn't finish all events before PL. They are impossible to finish because of bugs and freezes, though.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2018
    U not played normal so scripts dont activeded so in cheating in that plaese u have that problems - that normal in all hacks

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2019
    Lt surge is no where to be found
    Can't do the vermillion gym

Last edited:
    Years
    • NH
    • Seen Nov 10, 2021
    Hi, I'm a big fan of this hack, and I was wondering if you could list all the changes you made to at the very least the movesets of thee Pokemon Ash obtains. I'm curious.

Also: are there any events I'll miss out on if Pidgeotto evolves earlier than it's supposed to?

Years
    • NH
    • Seen Nov 10, 2021
    It's not quite finished yet. Metapod still has a handful of Orange Islands episodes yet to do. It's very close to complete though.

Edit: Also, metapod, I hope you see this, 'cause I found a couple of bugs in my playthrough of 4.5.3 that didn't happen when I played 4.2and no I didn't patch over an already patched ROM), but only one even slightly affects gameplay. It seems to ow be impossible to go behind AJ's house to get what is, IIRC, TM45-Attract. Its not too important to me since I don't even use Attract anyway, but it still should be fixed. Also, it no longer rains during Charmander event, even though it did during 4.2. It doesn't affect gameplay, but again it should be fixed.

Also, I noticed you changed route 1 to be a bit more like the original route 1. I like this, as it is no longer an aesthetically horrid giant grass field.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2015
    This hack is great and the scripts are sometimes quite impressive, but I have one major complaint about this game : there is a constant need to grind, which takes away from the experience.

I know that sometimes, it's for the sake of challenge, but the Gym leaders have Pokemon at really high levels for the number of trainers there is. Erika's Gloom, fo instance, is at level 38 while my Pokemon were at level 28 to 33 (Pikachu), and it proceeded to OHKO all my Pokemon with Sludge Bomb.

In fact, this constant grinding problem can be caused by 2 things : the lack of trainers in the routes (and the really low levels at which their Pokemon are : for exemple in the route after Celadon City and before the P1 tournament, trainers have Pokemon at levels 20-25, whereas Erika has Pokemon at level 32 38), or the overleveled Pokemon of Gym leaders. Or maybe both.

To me, there are two solutions to this problem : raise the overall levels of normal trainers and increase their number, or lower the levels of Gym leader Pokemon to balance the level curve in the overall game.

I think that the absolute need for grinding (espacially when you try to do an anime-run with NFE Pokemon and a Charizard which doesn't obey) prevents this hack from being perfect.

Oh, this and the need for more everstones, or doing something about the levels at which the Starters evolve, something like that.

Otherwise, that's really great work, metapod !

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    the latest beta is really awesome. Though I have run into a problem, I did the Problem with Paras event and now I'm onto Song of Jigglypuff, I found Jigglypuff and went back to get the medicine for it's voice but the Paras event seems to have reset itself for some odd reason, worse I can't complete it cause of a glitch with Paras not in any tree (it appears beside it's trainer yet she says it ran off)

Dunno what to do about this other than a full restart to get back to where I was at

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2016
    How far will this hack go? Do you think you may release Pokemon Ash Gray 2 for Johto, etcetera, just so the game doesn't run out of room? I don't know if thats something that would happen

Also I would pay big money for this game, so thank you for all the time and effort you put into it

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2015
    Guys,something really odd happened to me.after i was ready to battle the viridian gym,i pressed start to select my starting pokemon,but the pokemon option(that comes after the pokedex) is not there in the menu when i press start.Is this a problem?Please help me.I don't know how to fix this.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    in need of some help. I have downloaded a visual boy advance emulator, and a fire red ROM. I am really new to this, so after downloading Ash Gray I have no idea what to do afterwards . Would like some help, asap as I love Pokémon ! All help is appreciated :)

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2018
    U have tutorial on forum

To play on PC gba games use Visual Boy Advance M .

For game u need patch ash gray ips to fire red Usa gba rom

Years
    • NH
    • Seen Nov 10, 2021
    in need of some help. I have downloaded a visual boy advance emulator, and a fire red ROM. I am really new to this, so after downloading Ash Gray I have no idea what to do afterwards . Would like some help, asap as I love Pokémon ! All help is appreciated :)

Use lunarips (or MultiPatch if you're on a Mac) to patch the ash gray file to your ROM.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2015
    So, uh.... I bet this gets asked a lot but...

Does anyone know when the next beta will be out? (Speculations work fine for me too...)

Oh, and also, when the next patch is released, will it work fine with the save state from the old beta?

Thanks guys, and thanks metapod23 for this beautiful rom hack....

I just wish there was a Johto based game on the make to play right after this :(

Back