• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Pokémon deserved a Mega Evolution?

kirbasaur

Human-Ivasaur hybrid
Years
MEGA TYPHLOSION
maxresdefault.jpg

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
Banette, mostly because of the name but also, I like the idea of giving ghosts another evolution, especially if it's one that Ash has never seen before. Hope it appears in the anime but other than that, a great idea to revive that ghost!

... you do realise we already have mega banette RIGHT?:
354Banette-Mega.png

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 12, 2014
I think Gallade should have a mega evolution, maybe a mega rapidash, or a mega golem and mega machamp because gengar and alakazam have one.

Years
Milotic should definitely get a mega evolution. It has great bulk and a competent special attack stat but suffers from an abysmally shallow movepool. I like the ideas that TyranitarTube (of YouTube fame) had about it's possible mega evolution.

Here is a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrVyRZHfyA8 (Milotic starts at 3:20)

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
M.Garchomp needs a mega-mega evolution plz.

Seriously though, I wish they would have used mega evolutions to improve the weaker Pokemon, not make even stronger Pokemon. Delibird/Mantine/Sandslash/Dugtrio(ogawd)/etc

Milotic should definitely get a mega evolution. It has great bulk and a competent special attack stat but suffers from an abysmally shallow movepool. I like the ideas that TyranitarTube (of YouTube fame) had about it's possible mega evolution.

Here is a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrVyRZHfyA8 (Milotic starts at 3:20)

A mega evolution won't do anything to the movepool. Since they are in-battle only they don't learn any special or new moves.

Pinta77

It'd be cool to have a mega eevee. Let's say you cant decide between any of the 8 eevee-loutions. So instead, you give eevee a mega stone and you have a mega eevee!!

They should also give some gen 6 Pokemon some mega evolutions. Maybe Delphox and Chestnaught so they stand a chance against greninja :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 25, 2015
I would of love to have Nidoking and Nidoqueen have Mega evolutions

Years
talk about pokemon mega evolutions?

some pokemons tend to have crappy mega evolutions.. such as pinsir, heracross etc. game freak should have shown more intrests in other legend pokemons. like ho-oh and lugia etc. anyways great job with mega alakazam and mewtwo they look really cool. any suggestion on which pokemons actually deserved mega evolutions?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
We've already got a discussion here about Mega Evolutions and what Pokemon actually do deserve it.

I'm not sure why you think Pinsir's Mega Evolution is "crappy", considering it's made him a lot more viable as a Pokemon. Out of the three Bug Pokemon to recieve Mega Forms, I'd probably say that Pinsir got the best one.

I'm on an opposite point of view of you though, whereas you seem to want all the powerful and legendary Pokemon to want Mega Forms, I want lesser known and weaker Pokemon to recieve them, such as Seaking, Delibird, Stantler, Mighteyena etc.

NRG

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 9, 2015
Mega Pinsir is a beast!

If you're talking about rubbish megas you must mean Mega Aggron

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 7, 2015
Hopefully they don't give other legends mega forms soon. Or at least not all at once. They should be given to those forgotten, never used ones that actually need a boost in stats / new ability / type to become actually useable.

Years
The idea presented in the video I linked suggests that a mega Milotic could become part fairy-type and gain the ability Pixelate to change its small normal-type movepool to fairy-type moves. Fairy- and water-type STABs would provide excellent coverage and the increased bulk gained through a mega evolution would make it much better. Though it would still suffer from a shallow movepool.

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
Personally I think any fully-evolved pokemon with a BST lower than 400 (excluding Shedinja) like Ariados and Ledian, both have horrible stats and 100 more BST could potentially fix this.

Also Mega-Shuckle with Stance Change would be funny.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2015
some pokemons tend to have crappy mega evolutions.. such as pinsir, heracross etc. game freak should have shown more intrests in other legend pokemons. like ho-oh and lugia etc. anyways great job with mega alakazam and mewtwo they look really cool. any suggestion on which pokemons actually deserved mega evolutions?

Whoa I don't think you've ever met a competent user of both of those pokemon because those are wrecking balls with the right support.

OT: Mega Druddigon and Mega Mega Masquerain would be absolutely amazing

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
Mega Pinsir is a beast!

If you're talking about rubbish megas you must mean Mega Aggron

* gets rid of X4 weakness to fighting and ground*
* has monstrous amount of defence*
* has an ability that halves super-effective moves*
Rubbish yeah right

only rubbish mega evolution I can think of is mega Gyarados.... I mean Water-Dark... Really?

Yumetaro

MAI RIBBONS
Years
Some Pokemon that I think should deserve Megas. (Not the best at giving stats, bare with me here.)

*Mega Dunsparce, Fairy/Dragon, Serene Grace, 100 HP/120 Atk/70 Def/65 SpA/65 SpD/90 Spe

*Mega Lilligant, Grass/Fairy, Own Tempo, 70 HP/100 Atk/75 Def/150 SpA/95 SpD/90 Spe

*Mega Mantine, Water/Flying, Volt Absorb, 65 HP/40 Atk/100 Def/80 SpA/180 SpD/100 Spe

Back