• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Pokémon deserved a Mega Evolution?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Flygon, such a cool design and an awesome typing. A mega evolution with a new ability should bring it up to par on usefulness as the other 600 BST dragons

Years
  • Tough one, but I would vote Salamence as a front runner. Powerful and gigantic, the dragon type was one of the strongest Hoenn pokemon. I could've seen Ursaring with a mega evolution as well, possibly with a baby Teddiursa by it's side along the lines of Mega Kangaskhan.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Farfetch'd could have gotten one, and finally been useful, like what happened with mawile. Beyond that, the legendary birds, and I'd love one for both seviper and zigzagoon.

Years
  • LUXRAY. I AM SO SAD THAT THEY DIDN'T PUT IT IN :( when megas were first being updated on Serebii, I was literally praying for a Mega Luxray with Electric/Dark typing... to no avail. I'm hoping it might pop up in the Ruby/Sapphire remake!

Years
  • i was soooo happy that they made a mega banette evolution.
    he's so precious abubu.

as for who i personally want to have megas?
    arcanine is definitely one of them.
    but i feel like more of the kalos pokemon themselves should've gotten them, no?
    because... all of the stones were found in kalos..........

so maybe thinking in that direction
    mega aromatisse
    mega slurpuff
    mega hawlucha

and tbh i'm more than a little surprised that they didn't do mega raichu.
    im glad they didnt, but still, really surprised

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Ninetales mostly because it's my favorite Pokemon and I want a Ninetales Full Art.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally I think any fully-evolved pokemon with a BST lower than 400 (excluding Shedinja) like Ariados and Ledian, both have horrible stats and 100 more BST could potentially fix this.

Also Mega-Shuckle with Stance Change would be funny.

Mega Shuckle would be awesome. :] It's an amazing Pokémon, but we rarely see it get used, though; perhaps a mega-evolution could fix that up and give it some popularity boost.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Personally I think any fully-evolved pokemon with a BST lower than 400 (excluding Shedinja) like Ariados and Ledian, both have horrible stats and 100 more BST could potentially fix this.
    Certainly the most sense I've heard out of this thread.

Give Mega Evolutions to the Pokemon that need it to be competitive. Bar any further Legendaries and Psuedo-Legendaries from recieving them, and hand them down to Pokemon like Seaking, Ledian, possibly Jynx, Butterfree and Beedrill, open up the opportunities to change up the Metagame.

Just look at Kangaskahn and Mawile! Two Pokemon that were considered lowest-tier Pokemon in one Generation, suddenly they skyrocketed in usage with Mega forms! Give me a Pure Power Seaking with 110+ base speed!

Years
  • New Mega Evolutions?!! (Spoilers Inside)

With the revealing of the new mega evolution for Diancie, do you believe that pokemon like Volcanion and Hoopa will also get mega evolutions?
    Also since pokemon did say no Gen 6 pokemon will get a mega evolution (which is clearly a lie now) do you think any other gen 6 pokemon will eventually get a mega evolution?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    With the revealing of the new mega evolution for Diancie, do you believe that pokemon like Volcanion and Hoopa will also get mega evolutions?
    Also since pokemon did say no Gen 6 pokemon will get a mega evolution (which is clearly a lie now) do you think any other gen 6 pokemon will eventually get a mega evolution?
    I've merged your thread with this one, since we already have a topic on other Pokemon getting Mega Evolutions, and this would fit nicely in there.

Merged.

Anyway, for Gen 6 megas, it'd be likely that the starters would get one. Chesnaught and Delphox would like that. I also want a Mega for Tyrantrum. With Rock Head please.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    I was really expecting the starters to get mega evos after getting the 1st gen starter later.

I would really like to see the rest of the starters get mega evos. Arcanine, Marowak, Xatu, Sigilyph, Luxray. I could do this for days. XD

Back