• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Pokémon deserved a Mega Evolution?

Raczack

Gunslinger
Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2015
    Sableye
    Solrock
    Lunatone
    Dunsparce
    Sudowoodo
    Octillery
    Jynx
    ...and a dozen others all have nice eclectic movesets and fall short just enough to not be on the same competitive tier as their neighbors. They aren't jokes for the most part, and don't need anything other than a stat or ability to kick them into being powerhouses. You know, some way to field them without having to have more setup than they can return on. At least my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    It really irks me that most of the Pokemon that got Mega Evolutions were Pokemon that were incredibly popular, powerful or a mixture of the two. Pokemon like Gengar, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Blaziken, Scizor etc. really didn't deserve to have a mega form, Charizard only deserved one and Mewtwo didn't deserve any.

I really think that Pokemon that no one considers using much are the ones that do deserve to be upgraded, just look at what Mega Evolution did for Mawile, a Pokemon you'd be shocked to see being used on a Gen V team.

With this in mind, one of the Pokemon that stands out the most to me is Seaking, one of the most overshadowed and forgotten Pokemon of Gen 1 that was supposed to be a serious Pokemon. There are so many things that could be done with it, like giving it a new type, boosting its Speed stat or its defenses to make it usable, and even giving it a better or signature ability.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    I think I'm not the only one when I say I'd love to see Dunsparce getting a Mega Evolution. I think they should make it a whole new pokémon with a few characteristics from Dunsparce. A Dragon Fairy typing would be awesome on it, and they should make it a real tank, like cut its Speed and Special Attack by 30, raise its Special Defense and Defense by 70 and its Attack by 20, I would love to see something like that.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I'd like to see a Mega Sharpedo -- it'd be a good poke if it didn't have 40 in each defenses :X

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I think I'm not the only one when I say I'd love to see Dunsparce getting a Mega Evolution. I think they should make it a whole new pokémon with a few characteristics from Dunsparce. A Dragon Fairy typing would be awesome on it, and they should make it a real tank, like cut its Speed and Special Attack by 30, raise its Special Defense and Defense by 70 and its Attack by 20, I would love to see something like that.

This definitely needs to happen, haha. Dunsparce is completely forgotten by people, and needs some evolution of sorts (whether it be regular or mega) to spark up its popularity and general usage. All Pokémon would wind up getting mega-evolutions (well, almost) at some point, but would be better if it were sooner rather than later for this one. :p

Meksal

What do you mean this thing is priceless? *Nom nom
    Years
  • Mega Sableye would have been cool. Get on it, Game Freak. Mega Sableye for Pokémon Z. Because of the gems on its back, it could go in that direction for design, becoming gem-based or something.

Uh-huh, definitely mega sableye. Mega sableye or die. I would totally add it to my team :)

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    Though they already did give some underrated Pokemon like Banette mega evos, I feel that too many of them were of already powerful and overrated ones. I wanna see Pokemon like Mantine and Sandslash get the mega treatment.

Years
  • Mega lickitung (lickylicky is stoopid), with this giant tongue that's just ridiculously long. I reckon if greninja unwrapped his tongue it would be longer than lickitung and that's just not really acceptable in my book :P

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Togekiss. It needs a design closer to Togetic. I loved that lil' buttercup, and then it became a fat airplane. The same can be said about Dragonite and Dragonair.

What have you done to Latias

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2014
    Mega snorlax would be the coolest thing to see its already so powerful if you can set it up.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Dunsparce.

Somewhat on the weaker side, underrated and made fun of basically, Dunsparce deserves its bask in the spotlight (or in this case, light of the Mega Stone), it desperately needs the light.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2014
    Mega Dragonite, Ninetiles, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Golduck, Kingdra, Breloom, Cacturne, Luxray, Toxicroak, Heatmor.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Banette, mostly because of the name but also, I like the idea of giving ghosts another evolution, especially if it's one that Ash has never seen before. Hope it appears in the anime but other than that, a great idea to revive that ghost!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Mega Sableye would of have been amazing! Yeah, it's weak to Fairy, but why not raise it's stats so that it would get even more recognition due to it's power? Plus it would look AWESOME.

Back