• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Earth and Sky: Return to Lethia (M)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
  • Well, This all depends who you'll enter as. You going to enter as all 3 profiles, two or just one?

Also, I'm happy I'm back doing E&S for another iteration as well. This time, I hope I can keep the next stay at the loft shorter to a week's worth of post's instead of letting it waste out at the year.

Since people expressed interest mostly in Julia and Valorie, I think I'm going to enter as just those two.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Am I the only one finding it funny having Nate get jealous of Julia? xD I'd love to see a really out of the blue one sided rivalry between them xD

Dawn

Years
  • @Nate: And here I thought Nate was just into stabbing goodie two shoes and twirliing his mustache or something~

...Sunset Shipping?

I wonder how long Julia can remain oblivious to any of this~

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Team: Gold
    Name: Stan (The Man) Carter
    Sex: Male
    Appearance: 5'11, slender, dark hair, dark complexion, skater style clothing.

Bio: Coming from parents who disowned him for reasons only they know, Stan has had to provide for himself his whole entire life. He has never known the meaning of having a real family to love you and help you. He's only had himself and some Pokemon. He's still had a big question his whole entire life. What did he do wrong to be such a disappointment to his parents? He's been looking for this answer his whole life and doesn't know who to face the question with. No family and no answers.

Knowing that he wanted to be a trainer from the beginning, Stan went and got a job at the age of 11. He did dishes for a small restaurant for minimum wage. He would try to get a battle whenever he could, the only problem was that nobody would ever want to battle him thinking that it would be a waste of their time. They knew that even if they won, Stan didn't have much prize money to give. Several times, Stan considered going out into the wilderness, but he was positive that he wouldn't survive. It wasn't his style. He had no education and thus, no knowledge of the wilderness. He really isn't that smart to begin with. Going through these events, has made Stan a sad person. He doesn't try to, but he just gives out bad vibes and he often comes out rude on accident. This is mostly because he doesn't know any better. He really is a good person though.

While Stan was out dumpster diving one day, he saw a baby Poochyena. Having no initial thoughts about it, and not owning any Pokeballs, Stan did nothing. Not until he realized the poor thing was crying. It had no parents to help, this Pokemon was just like Stan. Not wanting any human or Pokemon to have to go through the same trials as himself, Stan took in the Pokemon. This Pokemon was just an infant, which was perfect for Stan. He would get to train a Pokemon from scratch, giving him a chance to prove himself to himself. He wanted to know that he did in fact have something going for him. This was his big chance.

Stan has trained Mightyena for 6 years, ever since it was a baby. Along the way he has managed to capture a Pikachu. One day, outside the Pokemart, Stan found a broken Pokeball. However, it was only slightly broken. He took it and played with it for a while. Eventually, it looked alright and Stan tucked it away. A few days later, during a training session, a Pikachu was knocking down trees. Stan wasn't a fan of nature, but this wasn't okay. He went over to the Pikachu and challenged it. After a long fought out battle, Pikachu was tired. Stan went for it. He only had this one chance. After what felt like hours of the ball shaking, it clicked. Pikachu was caught! Better yet, Poochyena had a training partner.

Stan also captured a Gible. This little guy was a powerhouse. Unaware of type advantages and disadvantages, Stan sent out Pikachu. After a few thunderbolts and shocks, Stan became aware of the situation. Electric attacks wouldn't work. After Pikachu went down, Poochyena came out. It was pumped for a good battle. After what was at least an hour, Gible and Poochyena both went down. Stan didn't have a pokeball though. Stan went over to tell Gible it did a good job. The Gible got up and made it clear that Stan had gained it's respect. After some time, Gible got a pokeball but it rarely goes stay in it.

With years of training, Poochyena and Gible both evolved. By battling more and more, Stan learned more and eventually figured out type advantages and disadvantages. He has an extremely keen battle sense and has managed to start making enough money to not have to resort to dumpster diving. He still remains to be a sad person but also has become cocky and a little arrogant. He does happen to help people in need though and if you he trusts you he will be a good friend.

Still not pleased from a financial stand point, and wanting to improve his battling, Stan learned of a this thing called Lethia. If you made it to the top, you could gain fame and fortune. Stan decided that this was the big break had had been waiting for. With enough perseverance and strength, he knew he could get there and make it.

Name: Buster
    Species: Mightyena
    Sex: Male
    Pokemon Move Set: Sucker Punch
    Crunch
    Roar
    Dig

Name: Shika
    Species: Pikachu
    Moveset: Thunderbolt
    Quick Attack
    Iron Tail
    Agility

Nickname: Block
    Species: Garchomp
    Moveset: Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Flamethrower
    Scary Face

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Don't mean to pick, but your bio is a little short. I don't know a thing about your character from that. You think you could change it as if you got accepted it would be a little hard to interact with your character? o3o :P

Dawn

Years
  • @Cayo: To offer my thoughts and help, here are some questions you could answer in your bio to improve it's thoroughness.

Big Question: Why was he disowned? Why did his parents continue to provide him shelter?

Small Question: Pokedollars are based on the japanese yen, which is more equivalent to pennies than it is to dollars. If we were to convert the 200 pokedollars as yen into dollars using exchange rates anywhere between 1995 and today it would be somewhere between 1.7 dollars and 2 dollars for a single pokeball. Is it intentional that he's still too poor to afford this?

Small Question: Training your pokemon is free. What was his reasoning behind taking a job he presumably hated instead of just battling for money? Battling isn't strictly like gambling in that even if you do (somehow) manage to run out of money you can still battle without fear of going into the negatives. It just seems like something a guy like him might have preferred to do.

Medium Question: What are his flaws? We've all got some flaws in our lives, and it's hard to relate to a character without them. Does he have any irrational fears, such as certain types of pokemon? (He trains dark pokemon so I don't imagine he does |D) Is he arrogant or perhaps self-conscious? Use your imagination, as these are all just examples.

Medium Question: What is his morality like? How does he handle himself around others? Does he enjoy getting physical, or perhaps does he enjoy manipulating others? Is he a boyscout with a strict moral code? Will he hurt other trainers? If so, under what conditions?

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Alright, thanks for the pointers. I suck at these things. I have a really bad habit of thinking it in my head but not putting it on paper. I was in a bit of a rush as I started it and halfway through I realized I only had five minutes.I'm also kind of new and still trying to figure it out. I'll go edit it now!

Years
  • Few announcements.

1~ Sorry for my drop off for a bit. Been trying get healthy exercising while juggling a busy life.

2~ Cayo, I approve of your profile, though Earth and Sky is just one league, not two. XD

3~ Ima back until I get hit with something else.

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Alright, thanks for accepting me.

On another note, I was curious to know if somebody could give me a quick over view of what has happened so far. I read the first two and a half pages but it took me a really long time. Thanks to anyone who helps!

Edit: I just noticed an issue. I was wanting to know how I should enter the RP? I'm not really sure how I should go about it. Making my first post and all.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Recap~

The beginning which you've read, We came to Lethia via S.S. Behemoth after being admitted in. Everyone has a Trainer PC tablet issued to them. The tablets keep track of trainers in their teams, allow you to communicate with them and vice versa. They also act as the trainers link to the outside world since they can broadcast and act as portable radio towers for internet, cellphones. They're replacing the Gyro Gears from the last iteration, and they're more handy than the old Gyro Gears.

On the ship, there was a rule change in how this years tournament is conducted. As far as wishes went; they would be granting multiple wishes this iteration. As long as one team member beat the overpowered elite 4, then every member of that team would receive one pure wish to use to their hearts content. Runners up got to keep the S.S.Behemoth which is a luxury ship that was used to bring trainers to the island. 3rd placers received a massive amount of money. The rest of the rules were standard from the last iteration, don't murder anyone or face consequences, stealing is still up in the air; no right or wrong in it, so on so forth. The setup post explaining how to conduct yourself with your team can explain more.

About the region, it's massively dominated by more pokemon than humans. There are only two human settlements in Lethia, we arrived to find the first one in ruins. Ruins that should have taken more time than the year the region vanished. The trainers and league are attempting to reestablish human control of the ruined settlement, the settlement is dubbed Standing Grace. There is another villainous organization within the region causing havoc and giving the promoters of the league some trouble with their main HQ within Leviathan's Bastion, I won't explain what it is though. The group left the first human settlement, Standing Grace and are making their way to the second one called Heroes Loft.

We are now camping out for the night near Gaia's Heart after a near death battle. A vortex of magma generating floating magnetic rocks with a magnetic field the rejects earth and causes them to levitate to create flying islands inhabiting dragon pokemon and their nest's.

That should be it.

~end Recap

As for entering the RP, you can discuss it with us and we can give you a hand with the post.

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Thanks for that Quto!

As for my entrance, my idea was that I'll have been there the whole time. I was maybe on an NPC team and I pretty much laid low the whole entire time. But, then I heard of Team Gold and I felt that I had similar interests. I then went on to try to join them.

Before that in the post, I'll briefly describe getting on the Behemoth and what's happened to me before I discovered Team Gold.

Thoughts?

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • You could be in an npc team and meet our teams, thus issuing a battle challenge. Then Valorie can also jump in as a spectator (Yellow's secondary character) and in the end one way or then ther you both join up. I'd be up for that.

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    You could be in an npc team and meet our teams, thus issuing a battle challenge. Then Valorie can also jump in as a spectator (Yellow's secondary character) and in the end one way or another you both join up. I'd be up for that.

I like that. Maybe me and Valorie were both on the same npc team. I'm really down for whatever. If Yellow wants to link us together or be completely separate. I really don't care.

Dawn

Years
  • @Quto: And here I thought you were just a Seahawks fan busy protesting~

I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of posting.

@Cayo: Sounds like a plan to me. I was planning on making something explode, but this is a much less destructive way of making it happen!

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    I never said that nothing can explode. I happen to have a very curious Garchomp who knows flamethrower.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • I just had a really weird and fucked up thought. (I've been watching some anime and may or may not be stealing various ideas from things and clashing them together here) I was daydreaming, and I daydream about some weird shit, and this rp came into my thoughts so I was like, ooh, I wonder if this could happen.

Luke's brother Michael, is in the league. Valorie mistakes Luke for Michael, and neither know that he is in the league, but Michael is actually older Luke, and Luke actually won the league, but his 'love' grew a bit out of hand, and he wished to find Shadaon and make him look the other way, so all this time, Michael has been hiding in the shadows watching, and trying to change his future by pushing Shadaon and Luke together. He wants to create a future where they're together, but Valorie figures it out and then she's all like, but I love you Michael, and then Michael gives up but because of this time begins to shift and the universe starts to crack, thus they have to defeat the league and wish that Luke had never defeated the league in the first place.

Well that's how my brain works.

Dawn

Years
  • @Nate: Well so much for that knack of keeping things sane. ;o

Everyone ought to know Valorie's heart belongs to her dragons~

Back